Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 8/12/2005 9:03:00 PM

A classic, and also a staple of mine. Perfect mix of clear and pink is the perfect discription! I can see why it gets such high votes from everyone around. I'll continue to buy.

on 8/9/2005 8:30:00 PM

This polish is perfect in my opinion. It is my no-brainer option for my fingers. It even works great on my toes...and I normally prefer reds on them. There have been a few instances where I haven't had time to get a pedicure before a special event and I've used Mademoiselle; it looks clean, shiny and beautiful, and you can't tell that it was an at-home job. This is a great universal color. Essie is one of my favorite nail lines.

on 8/5/2005 1:36:00 AM

i love this nude shade which is a hint of pink! goes on smooth and the slightly squarish bottle makes sure i don't drop it when i hold it between my knees while painting my nails ;)

on 7/31/2005 7:31:00 PM

Too subtle for me - barely shows up! If that's what you're going for, cool. I prefer Ballet Slippers.

on 7/6/2005 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This really is a great polish. Subtle enough for any outfit and occasion from a dressy interview, to a casual day of shopping, this is a very sheer, milky pink. The best characteristic of this polish is how easy it is to apply. No streaks or gunking up and dries in 5 minutes flat, so if you're late for your date/work/etc you can slip it on quickly to add some polish to your hands without worrying about spending 15 minutes frantically re-doing your left thumb again and again...not that it's happened to me before...

on 6/25/2005 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I prefer nail polish colors that are subtle, and Mademoiselle is definitely a subtle color! It is a pretty light pink sheer color that would look great on anyone. It doesn't contain any shimmer, but it has a nice glossy shine to it.

Everyone here is absolutely correct! This is an awesome polish! I must repeat what everyone else has said, "My nails, only better!" It doesn't streak, it dries quickly, and makes my nails look beautiful! I think it is perfect for all year round, especially for working professionals who want to look professional but still have their nails painted. I love it and will recommend it to everyone.

on 5/27/2005 8:35:00 PM

I'm new to the world of nails. I never had a manicure until my wedding 3 years ago. I hadn't polished my nails myself in over 5 years, and I have never worn colored nail polish.....ever. I don't, however, want man-hands and I have recently been admiring the clean-looking manicures sported by the women on my favorite cooking shows. So with a bottle of a sheer pink Revlon, I went to my local nail parlor. Loved the result. So I upped the ante and paid for an Essie bottle of Mademoiselle that I had read about in InStyle. What can I say....perfect. It's a clean, simple, elegant cross of pink and clear that works well with my pale skin and even cleans up any discoloring I may have around my cuticles from self-tanning. It's so sheer and chip resistant that I could go over 2 weeks without repolishing. I love it...it's my HG (not that there are many in competition.) Now for my toes....

on 5/24/2005 12:27:00 PM

I must concur with most other reviews here...this is the perfect combination of pink & clear polish. It is a "pink version" of Allure (which is another favorite). If you have natural nails, this is beautiful with 2 coats. It covers any imperfections or yellow tinge and still remains translucent unlike some of the chalkier shades. I'm wondering if the negative reviews came from those with acrylics. I can see how this color would not work well on acrylics. This is a must in your polish "closet" if you have natural nails, though.

on 5/22/2005 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite pink polish. I am a nail tech and I have tried soooo many versions of pale pink. But like others have noted, Mademoiselle is a mixture of pink and clear which makes for shiny, gleamy, perfect nails!

Popular Polishes