April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by violethaze

This is a great everyday shade - it's like clear and pink mixed together. I just finished putting on the second coat and it dried shiny and didn't streak!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by prettiedup

This is a good every day shade. A perfect marriage of pink and clear that looks super glossy when dry.
I don't do the whole french manicure thing but this color is good for overall color. Sort of milk. Unlike other Essie's light colors, this doesn't seem to streak.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great polish for a french manicure but too white for me and too expensive at 11$ CAN for nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The absolute BEST polish for a french manicure. I buy this again and again-it is just teh right amount of pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by NurseKristen

I LOVE THIS SHADE!! It's the palest pink with 2 coats, and it's a sheery barely-there nail-perfecting color with one. It's beautiful either way!! VERY classy looking. Very professional and girly!! Will always re-purchase!! (Nude Beach is awesome and close to this also)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mademoiselle is a staple of mine, one I hope to never be without. I am a cool toned LLL and this shade may appear invisible as some of the other reviewers stated, however what I love about it is that it does something like what foundation does for my skin. It perfects the look of my nails making them look like I wish they did naturally. This shade does not streak, applies with ease & dries to a glossy shine. I own & use a couple other sheer/nudes, however this is my all-time favorite and whenever I try another I wonder why I didn't just put on Mademoiselle lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by iris1037

I have several Essie nailpolishes, all of which I love with the exception of Ballet Slippers because it becomes a streaky mess on me. I'd picked out another pink at the salon today, but the manicurist asked if I'd ever tried Mademoiselle, I said no, so I tried it. It's really gorgeous - - it just makes your nails look prettier than they already are without the "Hello I'm wearing nailpolish" vibe. If you're looking for something with more color, try Allure, but otherwise, it's great! Especially good for low-maintanance girls or for subtlety at work etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kbb2008

When I first tried this, I thought it was clear, and I hated it, but I've changed my mind about it now. Its subtlety is really nice to me these days, and it's not as sheer as I first thought -- it's a nude look, but not the same as clear polish. This really is the consummate everyday shade if you like sheers, although oftentimes my nails are too yellowish at the tips for it to look good. Unless they're in really great shape, I prefer a more pigmented neutral like East Hampton Cottage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by masonf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is my HG nailpolish!! perfect color after 2 coats

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2004 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sues57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wrote a review of this quite a while ago, at that time, I LOVED Essie's colors. Now, because of the packaging, I will not buy Essie again, and I have about ten bottles now. The short white brush top cannot be gripped, the only way I can get the bottle open is to soak it in hot water, not something I feel like doing everytime I want to put a coat of polish on! I have Revlon and Estee Lauder polish, and I never have this problem with their longer brush tops. I HATE this sh*tty packaging. It's a shame, because otherwise, Essie a great nail polish. I just feel insulted by this horrible bottle design.

(Well, four years later, and I'm still using Essie. I still don't like the short brush, but hey, life's not perfect. I still love their pinks, they are my staple.)