April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by meowfish97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could not get past the smell on this product. I normally really like citrus scents, but this smelled like rotting food to me. I realize that is a bit extreme but truly it is has a funk about it. I also did not find this worked or improved my skin at all. I have had more luck with the face bar, and that smell is tolerable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mizztree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product! It joins the level of beta hydroxies with the exfoliation AND it takes off make-up while smelling good and looking pleasing on my bathroom counter.

The reality is, you get what you pay for. Although this *could* be a panacea for all skin problems, it really just doesn't seem to work quite as well as I would have hoped it to.

After falling on hard times, I bought it as an interim between my usual Clinique "winter" regimen and broke out moderately. I certainly didn't go into the point of no return but I think there's just something about the product that didn't go well with my skin. I typically can't use any kind of perfume on my skin so that could be the problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by smsdancechick

I have to say I really love this product! I had been using netrogena's micro clear acne stress cleanser for about 2-3 months and was ready for a change of pace so decided to try this out. It smells really fesh and fruity and makes my skin really soft and takes off my makeup without any problems. Only thing is it runs out pretty fast if you use it night and day so you will have to replace it every 1.5 -2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Malory371

I have oily skin and was having trouble finding a good cleanser for my face. I finally figured out I need to exfoliate WAY more often. I decided to get this product because originally I liked the smell and had used the pink grapefruit face wash. I started using this and my face cleared up very fast. I might add I never had "acne" (just small white bumps/ cystic acne?) on my chin and random zits around that time of the month. This stuff really works for me. The only bad thing is it dries out my skin around my nose. But it works to clear my skin and for that I will continue to use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very acne prone skin and once I break out it's really hard to get it under control. I have tried many products.. expensive ones and inexpensive ones. I really love this scrub. It's gentle enough for everyday use and it has the salicylic acid in it for acne control. It's important to use a face mosturizer with this as it can be a bit drying because it is a scrub. Also, I found that this scrub needs to be used with some other form of acne treatment if you are using it to get rid of acne. So try an on the spot cream as well like after you wash. However, this scrub is GREAT at preventing acne and keeping skin glowing and clear! It's also very reasonable compared to all the other pricey products out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fwashington

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

From reading the reviews on this product you would think it was bad. First lets set the expectation, the smell is not strong which I liked and it did not smell bad. As far as the product it did what it said it would do. I do like Neutrogena products and I liked this one for me. Please keep in mind everyone is different. I do not have problem skin or sensitive skin.I did not break out and a scrub is generally something you should not do everyday. I like the product and its worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by theberriexx

First of all, I ❤the smell
also ❤the packaging. it's so pretty. the pink gel caught my eyes
. I've been using this for like two months or so, and my face never looked this great before!
im glad i gave it a try :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally like a lot of the Neutrogena products and I love anything with graphfruit smell in it. But this graphfruit smells a little bit fake, like it's lacking the actual citris ingredient to make it smell like real graphfruit.

As far as the cleaning perspective, I do like it very much. It leaves my face very fresh and clean. I don't mind using it, but it's not great enough to be included in my normal skin regimen.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FlowerPunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, this is NOT good for dry skin. I love the smell (and anything pink grapefruit-y) but this just didn't work for me. It leaves my skin feeling tight and dried out like Neutrogena's regular Oil-Free Acne Wash, and I would say I have dry-normal skin. I would recommend Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser if you have drier skin because it makes me feel clean AND doesn't leave my face feeling like paper. Also, the scrubbers hardly do anything since I still had some flakes around my nose right after I washed my face. Too bad, I really wanted to try something that would combine a cleanser and a scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this at night (and the gel cleanser in the morning), and I think it works pretty well at getting rid of all the makeup. My face feels smooth after washing, but the scrub isn't so harsh that it leaves me with rough, dry patches or flakiness (despite being oily, my skin is also spontaneously sensitive). It's not the perfect solution for my acne, but it has reduced the breakouts I was having while using my old cleanser.