August 30, 2014 | 980 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing. It creates the look of fuller and longer eyelashes. It even holds the curl! I've always had a problem with my eyelash curls falling after an hour or so (asian eyelashes :(), but not with this formula. Definitely buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by peanut0216

Love this mascara... does add length for me and I do not have a problem with smudging or flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by angela18

wow this mascara was pretty goooood. I was at sephora for the first time, and i got one of those sample wands and applied the mascara on my lashes that are straight but not dead straight. My lashes were lifted so high that when i blinked they hit my brow bone. I was suprised and i didnt even use the brush it came with.

The only reasons why i wouldnt buy it, is it is too expensive for me for a product that just makes eyelashes longer,curled, and thicker.( a small part of your body that does make a difference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by nverno

I have naturally straight, okay-length, okay-thickness lashes. I found Iconic was really pretty good overall and gave me the following effects (in this order):

1.) Curl/lift, 2.) volume, 3.) length, 4.) definition

Overall, for me, it came out looking like more of a "classic look" mascara. Not too dramatic, yet it isn't subtle. I was happy with the effect and the fact that it lasted all day. Also, I have to take a few extra seconds with this mascara, but it is worth it. Does not melt down on me at all where most do. When I wear it people ask me what I have on. It is supposed to have conditioners in it to nourish the lashes. That was the one of the main reason why I decided to try it.

Wand: The wand is a chunky plastic thick-type with no hair bristles. It just has tiny little plastic stubs all over going in kind of bias pattern or in lines going diagonally across the end of the wand.

Curling: Iconic definitely lifts at the root of your lash line to give you a natural-looking curl. I have pretty straight lashes and I did not use a curler with it and it still gave me a curl or more of a lifted effect so that my straight lashes no longer pointed straight down. The curl really stays all day. If I used a curler it didn't look as nice for some reason and got a little clumpy, but it looks great when used without a curler- I manipulated the brush to curl them up and to the side, which looks more natural and gives me a lift at the end of my eyes.

Iconic's color is a good solid, somewhat-shiny black. I have darker features and I feel it is dark enough to stand out on me. It's not a matte or softer back like the original diorshow mascara, but it isn't as black as doir's blackout (which has kohl added to the formula making it strikingly black) .

It also gave me volume at the base of my lashes and lengthened nicely while keeping them separated and defined. Take a couple extra seconds to roll the brush up and to the side to separate and define, but at the same time also to create a curled or lifted effect. It's hard to explain, but I guess you just have to play around with the brush because it's a little different than most.

Cons: $27 price tag, and it is difficult to remove. I find using sephora waterproof face eye makeup remover on a water-saturated round cotton pad works fine. I let the remover sit on my eye for at least ten seconds and it breaks it up. It comes off in strange flakes.

Also, I was told to layer this over my blackout or my original diorshow mascara to get a beautiful effect, but when I tried it, it was too much and not in a good way... Each time I tried it my lashes fell straight and were spidery- yuck. I do like all the dior mascaras in different ways, but only when used separately and not layered. I don't recommend the layering of the different dior formulas. Also because who has the time for doing this on a daily basis? To me, they each work better on their own. I think they're trying to sell more you more mascaras, like they don't already sell enough.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ebird

I have dead straight lashes and this combined with my Shiseido curler can hold my curls!

The brush is unique and works but this mascara is strictly a curling (maybe a little length) mascara.. it barely gives any volume and if you coat it too many times it becomes clumpy imo.

I use this everday for the natural look and love it with just 1-2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by arruga

LOVE this product. I found that it didn't clump or flake. It seperated my lashes & curled them beautifully. I have fairly long, thick lashes to begin with & this mascara enhances them to the fullest. I also love the packaging. The price is high but I will splurge again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am really pleased with this mascara. It separates very nicely and gives a curl that isn't heavy weighing down your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a Diorshow fanatic and thought I'd try ICONIC to give something new a whirl. Was I disappointed. It clumps up all over the lashes doesn't separate them well and flakes or smudges underneath my eyes during the day. Only thing I like is that it curls a bit and lengthens, but my lashes look messy.

This is NOT worth the price. Stick with DIORSHOW basic, or their Unlimited version, Those are GREAT!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wontonwendy

hmmmm this mascara is actually really good
it separates and curls and has definition and volume
but it was damn hard to get off
which was pretty annoying for me
and the price is damn expensive too
im sure theres a cheaper alternative to this out there somewhere...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by elouised

First off, this is one of the most expensive mascaras in the market. I've tried all other the other DiorShow Mascara line, and this one is definitely different than the rest. It has a rich black color like Black Out, better curling effects than Unlimited, and somewhat defines like the original. However, it is really hard to remove and doesn't give an even coating for a false lash effect like YSL Faux Cils. I do give it credit for its dark color and curling effects though. Wouldn't purchase again.