Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 2/2/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't know why but I didn't like the rather dry formula of this mascara. It wasn't at all shiny or glossy like Imju Fiberwig (current HG), and while it did impart more volume, more length and overall drama compared to my Fiberwig, it smudged several times throughout the day and I just can't tolerate that.

EDIT: I used this to take some self-portraits for an Art assignment and I loved the effect. So it would be great for photoshoot opportunities, but not everyday for me because the the smudging issue I have. :(

on 2/2/2009 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty uninspiring. I have medium length, OK lashes and this mascara actually makes them look worse. It sticks lashes together, doesn't lengthen much nor does it thicken. Very hard to remove, even with oil-based products. Yes, it provides a bit of curl, but it's insignificant; just use an eyelash curler instead. It doesn't flake, but difficult removal has to be taken into account - once it sets, you have these verrry black (not so good for blondes), spiky, crusty eyelashes to last you all day long :) Back to Diorshow with Lancome's Definicils aplied only to the tips of lashes (great combo!)

Even though I am a huge fan of the original DiorShow, I held off on trying this because my thought is, why fix something that's broken? Plus, this is a tiny bit pricier ($27 vs. $24)... that extra $3 could be a Wet 'n Wild or NYC product at the drugsotre - lol!

I got this in the set with the mini lipstick at Sephora. It came in a cute black carrying case that I can probably reuse for lipglosses and such, so I didn't mind shelling out the $27.

About me: I'm a mascara junkie because I have short, thin, dinky eyelashes that are hard to curl, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing. In the last few weeks, I've been test driving various new drugstore mascaras, but none really were just perfect for me, so I decided to go back to department store.

The Iconic mascara claims to define, lengthen, and curl, so I was intrigued. I didn't expect my lashes to look like the beautiful advertisement with Monica Bellucci (obviously), but I did have pretty high expectations, for the price and being that it's Dior.

The brush is one of those new fangled plastic bristley ones, and the bristles are all arranged in a spiral. The brush size is a little bigger than say, Chanel Inimitable, but smaller than CG Lashblast. I applied this by "rolling" the brush along the lengths of my lashes. After the first coat, I did notice that my lashes were "lifted" -- but didn't notice much else. I did the other eye, then came back and applied a second coat with the same methodology, and that's when I noticed the length and more definition. This certainly does not volumize as much as the regular DiorShow, but it gives more volumization than most lenghtening style mascaras.

This wore all day without clumping or flaking. I didn't use a lash curler, but my lashes stayed uplifted for the whole day. The black color is a nice, deep black (very important to me) -- my lashes didn't feel brittle or hard to the touch, and the mascara removed easily at the end of the day with my Almay remover pads.

Overall, I believe that I would repurchase and add this to my list of HG mascaras (so far being regular DiorShow and YSL Faux Cils). I'll update if anything changes! continued >>

on 1/31/2009 5:49:00 PM

my favourite mascara so far is maybelline full n soft.Have used many high end mascaras ysl dior etc.........this dior mascara is different is better than all mascaras have used so far.it looks naturaland IT KEEPS A CURL IN MY LASHES until i remove makeup...wow i have quite thick lashes ive always wanted a curl to last and this is only mascara that has done so so fa.However only thing i didnt like was raccoon eyes after 2 hours or so only a little bit ....but i would deffo use and buy again because of the lasting curl and no u dont need an eyelsh curler with this one.If you like heavy false lash look slightly clumpy then this is not for you if you like natural yet with a curl looking lashes this is for you its greeat overall good mascara but not the best i hacve used still think full n soft by ,maybelline is gr8

on 1/31/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this mascara is good. the brush doesnt make my lashes clump together. but i find the result the same with my maybelline mascara and maybelline's is much cheaper. so i dun tink i'll buy this anymore.

on 1/29/2009 4:09:00 PM

this mascara is great at curling lashes. You really have to try it - it works so well. Also, the effect is very natural. I love Diorshow blackout mascara but I find it is too much to wear in the day - this would be amazing to wear with really natural make up. I didn't use this with an eyelash curler but I imagine the effect is even more dramatic. Lovely silver packaging as well. I reallly like this.

on 1/22/2009 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the best mascaras for dramatically enhancing my sparse, medium length, stick-straight eyelashes. It truly lengthens and holds a curl (I use my shu curler before applying mascara), and it lasts all day without requiring reapplication. One of the most noticeable attributes of this mascara is the fact that it imparts little to no clumps--it truly defines the lashes. In contrast, other high-end mascaras, such as YSL faux cils, may create drama, but such drama comes at a price--the clumping is absurd and makes application incredibly frustrating. Having tried all of the "HG" mascaras (e.g. original Diorshow, YSL faux cils, Lancome courbe virtuouse, etc), I can confidently say that I find Diorshow Iconic to be a superior product.

on 1/18/2009 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

HG!!! This mascara is the bomb diggity! I've used the original Diorshow mascara for years and used to think that was the greatest stuff on earth until I tried Iconic. My lashes never stayed curled with the orig Diorshow or with any other mascara but Iconic keeps them curled all day! And if that wasn't a good enough reason to love it, it also makes my lashes so so long and thick. I always feel like I'm wearing falsies after I put this stuff on! It is expensive at $27 bucks a pop, but so totally worth it, especially considering I've had mine for about three months and it hasn't even begun to get dry or yucky and it looks like there's still plent left in the tube. I will repurchase this for the rest of my life! I even put this on my best friend last night and it looked so good on her too that she now wants to buy it.

on 1/18/2009 3:39:00 PM

This mascara is amazing. It creates the look of fuller and longer eyelashes. It even holds the curl! I've always had a problem with my eyelash curls falling after an hour or so (asian eyelashes :(), but not with this formula. Definitely buying it again.

on 1/15/2009 11:52:00 PM

Love this mascara... does add length for me and I do not have a problem with smudging or flaking.