Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 10/22/2009 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently purchased the Sonia Kushuk flat blusher brush last week..and I'M IN LOVE WITH IT !! I would eye ball it a few times not really paying mind to it until I decided to give it a go ! I first tried it with applying my blush (Stippling method) and it packed on the blush perfectly. But that is NOT the reason why I love this brush sooooo much. I went ahead the next day and used it to apply my MAC Studio Tech ( Swirling method ) and I was AMAZED on how effortlessly it blended and made my face look flawless !! The bristles are SUPER soft, has a full dense feel and from my own experience...they haven't fallen out from washing.
I tried to apply MAC's Studio Tech with the 109..didn't like the end results (plus it kept shedding no matter how light you use it). I tried applying it with a wedge sponge or just my fingers (results were good) BUT....I finally found my "wonder" brush to apply my studio tech. If I could give 20 "Lip Beautifiers" I would but only 5 is allowed lol. Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush is a must have....No dissapointments here ! Loved it so much that I went ahead and purchased another one ! lol

on 10/20/2009 12:02:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE this brush as i do with most of sonia kashuk's brushes... Sonia's brushes are great quality and cheap... You will definitely get more than what you pay for with this and many of her other brushes. This brush truly makes me achieve a flawless look "airbrush" almost when i apply my foundation with it. If you have a Target store around your area and is looking for a cheaply priced but high quality brush then i highly recommend this brush.

I use this to apply my revlon colorstay foundation. Its perfect. It is soo cheap($15), soft, and dense and makes my makeup look 10x better. It takes alittle long to dry, but I don't care. HG status. Its amazing, and completly worth all the hype.

on 10/6/2009 10:19:00 PM

I had eye-balled this brush every time I walked down the aisle at Target, but never thought to use it for my mineral powder until I stumbled across all of the rave reviews on MUA. This brush is a super soft, dense, and far superior version of the Bare Minerals 'baby buki' or coastal scents 'kabuki on a stick'. It has a long, curvy ergonomic handle and small brush head, which is great for applying mineral foundation, although it takes a while to apply due to its small size. Alot of people use for liquid foundation and it would also be great for contouring.

on 9/29/2009 1:57:00 PM

There is a reason the ratings on this brush are so high, because it's worth its weight in gold. IMO it increases coverage of whatever foundation being used. All other reviews cover everything you need to know. Let me just add don't fret over buying it, because you'll probably end up buying more than one!

on 9/15/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am in love with this brush! The application of cream and liquid foundation takes seconds. There is no waste of foundation when I use this brush and the coverage is flawless...I love the fact that the brush bristles moves with the application, and there is no pulling on skin. Its is good for the money and can be easily cleaned.

on 9/11/2009 1:22:00 AM

THIS BRUSH IS AMAZING!!! products don't get stuck on this brush so its very easy to wash off and it gives a clean flawless coverage. I am in love with this brush... along with my essence of beauty foundation brush. The only complain is that the shape of this brush goes out of shape when you wash it but still cool since its workable.

on 9/7/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Also wonderful with liquid foundation. 8D

I use this brush for applying mineral foundation and it is great! I tried kabuki's since they were sworn by mineral users but I didn't feel like I was getting enough coverage. I switch between cleanings with the EM flat head long handled brush and they both are excellent. This brush is very soft and blends so well for great coverage. I had to give the packaging a 4 because although I love the ergonomic design, the brush has popped out on me (yes I wash correctly!) and I've glued it back in. I would still buy it again though if EM is out of stock.

on 8/18/2009 11:32:00 AM

I heard so much about Sonia's brushes that the last time I was at Target I went in search of them. I found this one and thought I would use for mineral foundation and I just love it. I do use other foundation brushes but I always come back to this one. It's very soft and I love the fact that the product goes on your face and none on the brush. During the weekly clean up of my brushes, there is hardly any product on this brush. For the price and the softness of this brush, it definately wins my vote over BE's brushes. More than likely, I will purchase another one and use it as a blusher. Good brush overall.

Popular Makeup Brushes