August 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was lured by a store promoter to try this new fragrance on a card.

After an hour of shopping, and smelling the card I went back to try it out on my skin. That was 9.5 hours ago and I can still smell it!

Chloe EDP is a subtle, clean, fresh, rosy modern fragrance. It's a "safe" scent that you could wear at work, an afternoon barbecue, or a night out!

Chloe sits close to the skin, you get a beautiful whiff every so often & it lasts and lasts. It's quite a summery scent but is nice to wear in fine cool weather.

It's not original though - it smells very much like a rose version of Dior Addict 2. It might be a good alternative as Chloe is an EDP whereas DA2 is an EDT. The scent is not the only thing it has in common with Dior. The bottle looks very similar to Miss Dior Cherie.

PS: July 07 - I've finally purchased a 30ml bottle of Chloe EDP & am enjoying it! :)

PPS: Oct 08 - A little of the magic is gone and I have not worn Chloe for a while. I don't think I will repurchase Chloe when my current bottle runs out.

PPPS: Jan 09 - One thing I'm quite unhappy about is that I've only had this scent for a year or so, but the top of the bottle (metallic part) has completely tarnished & discoloured. None of my other perfume bottles with similar material have done this. It makes it seem cheap.

Perhaps this is why I don't wear it any more. Who wants to put on a pretty scent from an ugly discoloured bottle? Very disappointing. Definitely NOT repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by sweng

This is a nice perfume, but the smell is nothing special. I expected more from Chloe and I really wanted to get this perfume because of the pretty bottle. But this perfume is very strong, and I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but to me it smells exactly like Gucci envy me the pink version. I think it would be a good winter perfume, but definitely too strong for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by teddyjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a sample of this thrust upon me at Saks and otherwise would not have tried it after smelling it at the store. Upon trying it the first time there were so many lovely notes particularly the very modern rose and peony (not your grandmothers version), but something seemed very off...and yet I kept putting it on before bed, night after night. I had all but given up because I couldn't get past that one note (amber maybe) when my husband smelled it and said it was the sexiest perfume he had ever smelled, then he said it again the next day and the one after that...up till then the only comment he had ever made on my choice of perfume was "you smell nice", now he was holding my wrist up to his nose.

So I pushed on thru for his sake and realized the dab on sample might be the issue and finally bought a spray bottle...bingo! How lovely and elegant and feminine this is small doses and it does have excellent staying power but I put on a spray too many the other day and too much is not a good thing, dosage is everything here. It does bear similarity to Stella to me (which I liked on others but not myself) but this is it's richer far more educated cousin, addictive and enviable indeed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a few weeks ago at Saks and was stunned at how beautiful it was. The rose in it is the most smooth and creamy rose i think i have ever smelled in a rose based scent before. I felt like i was burying my nose in several dozen roses. White roses that is. I dont know why, but I think of white roses when i think of this scent. Also, Chloe drips of pure, golden oppulence and wealth. Something made specifically for the upper crust in society. I can imagine a lady or refined gentleman who are listed in the social register wearing this scent. I have not bought a bottle of this yet but i will be in the near future. When i do i will fantasize about getting ready to go to a black-tie event. I will don a tuxedo and i will pick up my lady friend who will be wearing a pink, cinderella type dress. We will be headed to a french, victorian ballroom to hobnob with the super wealthy......even though we are mere peasants acting like we are old monied. The ballroom is done in 24 carat gold leaf and the place is shimmering with swarovski crystal and diamond chandeliers and ballroom is filled with dozens upon dozens of pure white roses in sparkling, glittering cherub vases. The ballroom is alive with the scent of white roses.....just like the new Chloe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by photoJenchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I realize opinions on what makes an excellent fragrance are super-subjective b/c a fragrance will vary on every skin it touches, but geez- fabric softener and generic clean floral are not what happens when I wear this incarnation of Chloe. Rather, every single time I've worn it in public, I get asked what I'm wearing & loads of compliments. I've always worn fragrances to work but never received the amount of compliments I've gotten with Chloe. Yes it's rose, but not knock-you- over-the-head Stella rose. Yes, it's clean, but not cheap, powdery clean. To me it's an extremely well-crafted blend that balances a subtle sweetness with a freshness that's unique to most if not all the department store brands I've tried. It works from day to night, and after a decade long search to find something that both my SO and I can love, the search is over. Chloe is a close-to-the-skin fragrance that lasts for hours. The later is a huge plus for those of us who can't seem to hold a fragrance on the skin for more than a half hour no matter how much layering we do. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very very pretty rose scent with a clean note.
I like it a lot.
Reminds me a little bit of Rose Leger but with a sweeter rose note.
This is a department store-type" scent, but one of the nicer ones I've smelled. I love the distinctive rose note.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by crystaltear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh, sweet, synthetic floral. Smells quite boring & banal, just like something I had smelt before but cannot quit pin down the name. Nor can I feel fabric. Actually I did not know it is made to link with the idea of fabric until I read this thread. But I think it should bring to mind the associative image of fabric intuitively if the idea has been successfully transformed in the scent. I agree this scent is soft and easy-to-wear but overall it is nothing special but just another generic, clean, commercial type floral. While there are so many similar, clean-smell kind of products like Vera Wang, Rumeur, Kelly Caleche etc. out there in the market, I am not excited in any aspect of this scent. For me it is most of honey with a faint, unknown floral note. Boring and loathsome!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

I love the look of this bottle...this fragrance would suit someone chic and sphisticated...an unstated classy fragrance...it smelt floral when i first spritz this...hours late it somehow smells like a fragrance i used previously...however this made me feel naueous and i keep feel like fainting!! interesting i usually break out in hives or have migraines or sneezing fits...nothing that makes me want to faint though!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This smells exactly like Versace EDP (the new one-with the golden bottle).

Light, fresh floral, a little sweet and a little dry. But this one's more clean smelling. When I smelled it I immediately thought of "laundry powder"!

It's boring and generic smelling to me... Will not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected something nice because the bottle is gorgeous but this is so synthetic smelling and boring. Someone said it smells like Curve. I agree!!!