July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by teddyjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a sample of this thrust upon me at Saks and otherwise would not have tried it after smelling it at the store. Upon trying it the first time there were so many lovely notes particularly the very modern rose and peony (not your grandmothers version), but something seemed very off...and yet I kept putting it on before bed, night after night. I had all but given up because I couldn't get past that one note (amber maybe) when my husband smelled it and said it was the sexiest perfume he had ever smelled, then he said it again the next day and the one after that...up till then the only comment he had ever made on my choice of perfume was "you smell nice", now he was holding my wrist up to his nose.

So I pushed on thru for his sake and realized the dab on sample might be the issue and finally bought a spray bottle...bingo! How lovely and elegant and feminine this is small doses and it does have excellent staying power but I put on a spray too many the other day and too much is not a good thing, dosage is everything here. It does bear similarity to Stella to me (which I liked on others but not myself) but this is it's richer far more educated cousin, addictive and enviable indeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a few weeks ago at Saks and was stunned at how beautiful it was. The rose in it is the most smooth and creamy rose i think i have ever smelled in a rose based scent before. I felt like i was burying my nose in several dozen roses. White roses that is. I dont know why, but I think of white roses when i think of this scent. Also, Chloe drips of pure, golden oppulence and wealth. Something made specifically for the upper crust in society. I can imagine a lady or refined gentleman who are listed in the social register wearing this scent. I have not bought a bottle of this yet but i will be in the near future. When i do i will fantasize about getting ready to go to a black-tie event. I will don a tuxedo and i will pick up my lady friend who will be wearing a pink, cinderella type dress. We will be headed to a french, victorian ballroom to hobnob with the super wealthy......even though we are mere peasants acting like we are old monied. The ballroom is done in 24 carat gold leaf and the place is shimmering with swarovski crystal and diamond chandeliers and ballroom is filled with dozens upon dozens of pure white roses in sparkling, glittering cherub vases. The ballroom is alive with the scent of white roses.....just like the new Chloe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by photoJenchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I realize opinions on what makes an excellent fragrance are super-subjective b/c a fragrance will vary on every skin it touches, but geez- fabric softener and generic clean floral are not what happens when I wear this incarnation of Chloe. Rather, every single time I've worn it in public, I get asked what I'm wearing & loads of compliments. I've always worn fragrances to work but never received the amount of compliments I've gotten with Chloe. Yes it's rose, but not knock-you- over-the-head Stella rose. Yes, it's clean, but not cheap, powdery clean. To me it's an extremely well-crafted blend that balances a subtle sweetness with a freshness that's unique to most if not all the department store brands I've tried. It works from day to night, and after a decade long search to find something that both my SO and I can love, the search is over. Chloe is a close-to-the-skin fragrance that lasts for hours. The later is a huge plus for those of us who can't seem to hold a fragrance on the skin for more than a half hour no matter how much layering we do. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very very pretty rose scent with a clean note.
I like it a lot.
Reminds me a little bit of Rose Leger but with a sweeter rose note.
This is a department store-type" scent, but one of the nicer ones I've smelled. I love the distinctive rose note.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by crystaltear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh, sweet, synthetic floral. Smells quite boring & banal, just like something I had smelt before but cannot quit pin down the name. Nor can I feel fabric. Actually I did not know it is made to link with the idea of fabric until I read this thread. But I think it should bring to mind the associative image of fabric intuitively if the idea has been successfully transformed in the scent. I agree this scent is soft and easy-to-wear but overall it is nothing special but just another generic, clean, commercial type floral. While there are so many similar, clean-smell kind of products like Vera Wang, Rumeur, Kelly Caleche etc. out there in the market, I am not excited in any aspect of this scent. For me it is most of honey with a faint, unknown floral note. Boring and loathsome!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

I love the look of this bottle...this fragrance would suit someone chic and sphisticated...an unstated classy fragrance...it smelt floral when i first spritz this...hours late it somehow smells like a fragrance i used previously...however this made me feel naueous and i keep feel like fainting!! interesting i usually break out in hives or have migraines or sneezing fits...nothing that makes me want to faint though!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This smells exactly like Versace EDP (the new one-with the golden bottle).

Light, fresh floral, a little sweet and a little dry. But this one's more clean smelling. When I smelled it I immediately thought of "laundry powder"!

It's boring and generic smelling to me... Will not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected something nice because the bottle is gorgeous but this is so synthetic smelling and boring. Someone said it smells like Curve. I agree!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bellasugar

I'm just not crazy about this. It does have an odd fabric softener/old-lady smell to it... nothing light or complex, just heavy heavy heavy. The notes are too muddled, and for the price, you could buy an amazing Serge Lutens or L'Artisan scent. Not awful, but not my favorite, either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very opulent floral (Floral - Rose Violet fragrance family). Notes are:
Top note : Freesia, Litchi, Peony //
Middle note : Muguet, Magnolia, Rose //
Base note : Poudre (powder) notes, Cèdre, Musc, Ambre.

I smell a worm and extremely rich flowery notes at first, than the warmness settle down... midddle notes are rather pungent and sharp...the drydown very, very powdery and ambery.
Strong, strong, strong fragrance!!! Staying power is also very good.
Interesting, no doubt, but it doesn't make me comfortable, it is too overwhelming for my liking. I prefer something more "hedonistic", "hug me" fragrances, softer... This is a fragrance with a statement, interesting and complex, but not my cup of tea.
I must say that the bottle looks better on photos than it is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No