November 21, 2014 | 1624 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a review, but since this regrows hair on lashes and eyebrows, maybe it would also work to regrow hair on the head? Anyone tried it?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Poutiful

I didn't believe this would work but its been only 2 weeks with daily application to the lashes and brows and IT WORKS! My lashes are short, straight and wimpy. WERE short straight and wimpy. They have already gotten thicker, significantly longer, and even curl a bit on their own! It is a HUGE difference! My left brow had been badly overplucked and wouldn't grown in fully- Consequently, I've had to fill in this brow about twice as much as my right brow. NO LONGER! My brows have completely filled in- I didn't realize they had such a great natural shape to them because so much of my brows weren't growing in. And I mean about 10 years of patchy brows corrected in 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY ladies, try it. This is better than anything I've tried, including Ardell Lash and Brow Growth, which made very little difference for me. HG for sure!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My eyebrow hairs are thick and coarse and I cannot STAND when they look or feel dry. I apply castor oil to my brows and eyelashes at night and they're moisturized throughout the next day. Plus it doesn't make the surrounding area break out. I'm not sure if I've noticed any spectacular growth (I have extremely short, sparse eyelashes), but the moisturizaton is enough to keep me using it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Well, I didn't think it would actually work, but am so happy it did. I have been dipping a q-tip into castor oil and applying to my eyebrows every night for a week and low and behold I see the beginnings of new growth! Now, it's not a forest, I'm talking 3-5 sprouts of hair, but it's only been a week! I have several bald spots from over plucking/waxing for years. I now prefer my brows slightly thicker and I've been having to pencil in the spots that didn't come back after being super skinny anorexic brows. Castor oil - who would have thought something so cheap and easy would be such a miracle worker! I love it and I also love Honey (read about that one, it's another cheap miracle worker).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

bought a medium sized bottle of this at walmart for bout 1.50..great for eyelash growth. Great for split ends too ! Burns a little on my eyes but I wear contacts so I'm used to it..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for eyebrows! I'm asian and I've over plucked/waxed my eyebrows on many occasions, and I was finally tired of seeing them so thin and sparse, so I went to whole foods and picked up some of this. I never thought it would work so quickly! I use a q-tip to apply it on my eyebrows every night and now my eyebrows are much thicker and I don't have to use too much eyebrow powder :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tobytipper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While looking for castor oil in my CVS I stumbled upon a nice gelsort of cream in the ethnic hair section made by Hollywood Beauty- its just called Castor Oil. Comes in a big jar and I paid 3.99. Smells so nice because it has almond oil in it. Much more pleasant than plain old castor oil, so after checking with the pharmacist I decided to give it a try. I do see some eyebrow growth where before I had scant growth- just due to aging hormone issues probably. Compared to the great big pricetags on the eyebrow regrowth specialty products, these simple alternatives are definitely worth a try.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by drclaudiamd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

johnsod8, [she has since removed her review stating her doctor said this product may cause eye injury or blindness]

your practitioner is clueless about castor oil and would probably say the same thing about many products s/he does not prescribe. Or maybe your practitioner is an optometrist trying to play a real doctor?

S/he is clearly confusing pure castor oil with castor oil seed (bean) which serves as source of both castor oil and ricin.
Sap from the seeds may cause temporary blindness. Castor oil, on the other hand, is safe and effective for its common use purposes.

Castor oil and its emulsions are used in topical eye treatments to treat common and not-so-common eye conditions.

There are many published articles on PubMed about ophthalmologic studies with castor oil as one of the ingredients. Maybe your practitioner should read up.

********************

I have been using organic cold-pressed castor oil from Whole Foods on my eyebrows and eyelashes on sort of when-I-remember basis for about 2 weeks now (every 2-3 nights on average) and noticed slightly darker, definitely shinier & more abundant eyebrows. A couple of thinner spots I always had to fill in with a brow pencil are now gone. My eyelashes look healthier and slightly longer. No allergy/redness or visual changes.

continued >>

40 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by csong12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't wear eyeliner because I have SUCH oily lids, so I depend on a good mascara and curling my eyelashes to make my eyes stand out. I decided to purchase this after reading the reviews on MUA and it was like two dollars at the grocery store so I figured why not? THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I had a bad eyebrow wax job recently and I was worried because the hair at the end of my eyebrow was not growing back, and it has been over a month! I put this on every night on that spot and I can see the hairs growing now. Maybe this is just by chance, but for my eyelashes, I have definitely grown new eyelashes along my bottom lash line as well as my top lash line. (So much so that I have eyelashes growing in the inside corner of my eyes that I had to pull out..it hurts but I don't mind cause the rest of my eyelashes look great!) I have no idea how this stuff works but it's great.

Some notes for first time users:
- You can find this in the laxative section of any drugstore or grocery store. If you can find an organic or cold-pressed version, that's great, but the kind that says "laxative" on the front is fine too
- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. especially on the eyelashes. If you're going to put this on your eyelashes..make sure you do it right before you go to sleep because if it gets in your eyes, it's impossible to open them up until the next morning (it burns and blurs your vision..duh it IS an oil). Oh and definitely take out your contacts if you wear them before you use this.
- Don't try putting it on the actual hair on your head..I tried this and it was such a bad idea because it was so messy LOL. I would totally suggest trying a hair product that incorporates castor oil (you can find some in the 'ethnic hair' section of a drug store)
- Buy one of those dollar store travel-sized shampoo things to store this in. a little at a time (just enough to dip a Q-tip or a clean mascara wand).The bottle will probably last you a life time but it's sooo messy if you dip right into it. Plus, you could contaminate it.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CraftylilOne

To the reviewer below me..Rather than just saying something shouldn't be done, you should have put WHY it shouldn't be done.

I personally LOVE this stuff! I just bought it a week ago. I have been putting it on my face every day as a cleanser mixed with jojoba oil,grapeseed oil or olive oil. (whichever I feel like.) It rub it in for a minute or 2 then got watch tv or get on the computer for a little while. Maybe about 15-30 mins..I forget about it a bit. Then I go back to the bathroom and put a hot washcloth over my face for about 10 seconds and about 5 times. (I keep having to run the cloth under hot water to re-heat it) Then I rub off (not wash off) the remainder. There is still a little left on my face but it absorbs nicely. It doesn't look oily on my face, in fact it looks a bit mattified! My face also looks so clear with no redness like what usually happens after I wash my face with traditional cleanser. The redness after regular cleansing is temporary but not attractive.

I also use it on my eyelashes every night and a bit during the day since I don't have a job and I have the luxury to do that. Hopefully it'll help with my lash growth! I'll update later with my results on that as I have only been doing it for about a week.

I bought it in a little blue bottle from Food Lion for about 2 something? I forgot! I hope to find some of the cold pressed eventually that people say is the best.

edit: after contacting the reviewer below, she decided to put her reasoning into her review.