July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ashley903

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got my Castor oil today at CVS for $1.49 but the package is different then this post.. it does said for constipation use only, but i consulted with the pharmacists ... they conculed is safe to use cuz castor oil is 100% natural and contain no chemical ... so give it a try.. they also suggest an alternative-almond oil.. But any way wish me luck... i will update soon for any change(s) : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by anuvasan

Pros:

1. Excellent for hair growth, eyelashes and eyebrows..Makes it thick and strong in a matter of weeks.

2. Great for Oil cleansing method. I personally feel castor oil is a must in OCM. Adding other oils depends on how the specific skin reacts. Some are comfortable to jojoba, olive, avocado, safflower.

3. Good internal lubricant, dont try this regularly without knowing the consequences :-)

4. Surely found in health food stores..whole foods, natures market to name a few.

Cons:

1. Smell is not appealing to me though i find Homehealth brand to be very pleasant..should say "almost" odorless.

2. a little sticky to get a nice flow on skin.a little gentle pressure is needed to spread it out. So need to be careful about overstretching the skin.

3. I couldnt find it in local rite aid or fred meyer where i can shop regularly..may be i just missed it on the shelves.

Brand used : Homehealth

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical that this would do anything for brow or lash growth, but since I'm up to trying anything, I started applying castor oil to my lashes and eyebrows every night before bed. It's been a few weeks, and I am already amazed at the difference. My brows are thicker and darker (which is good, as I used to over-pluck), and my eyelashes are definitely wayyy longer than they used to be. When I curl them and appy mascara, they literally reach up and touch my browbone. I'm amazed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Sour

Castor oil works amazingly well for eyelash growth. I have long lashes as it is but I figured, why not go the extra mile and see if I can make them even longer? So, I started using Castor oil every night before falling asleep, and I noticed a definite difference of how long they were before to how long they are now. It really is a miracle product and I would recommend it to anybody who wants longer lashes. It’s a cheap alternative to any lash growth formula and it works just as well if not better. So why not give it a try?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

To the reviewer below - you shouldn't use it for more than 1 week internally ie. as a laxative (as with any laxative). But externally you can use it as often as you'd like.

The type you have purchased is the one that most people use (cheaper drugstore version) - however, health food stores will also sell organic, cold-pressed castor oil for at least double the price. I've used both and didn't notice a difference in quality .... but I just feel better buying the cold-pressed one, so will continue to do that for now.

Great for scalp and eyelashes. I'm just starting to try the OCM .. can't comment yet, as I've only done it a few days - my face is looking horrible thus far with breakouts, but I'm going to be patient with it !

For body moisturizer , I prefer vegetable glycerin to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mickie9900

Hi, can somebody tell me is the castor oil I bought today at CVS is the same with the castor oil that you guys using? It says in the bottle Castor Oil USP, Stimulant Laxative for relief of occasional constipation. The price for 4 oz is $ 4.99. I doubt about it because it said in the back to not use it longer than 1 week. I'm kind of scare too if I'm using the wrong product. Thanks for anybody want to help me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine03

I read about this oil about 6 months ago and is was a long time on my wishlist. I looked in several shops, but I couldn't find it. Untill I spotted it when I was looking for glycerine. I bought it immediatly.

I'm using it for 1,5 weeks now (on lashes and brows) and I really like it. My lashes have grown about 0,2 inches and my brows are darker. I also notice that the lashes are thicker.

The only thing I dislike is the smell of it. It's awful.
The price is very nice: for 1,50 euro I bought a 50 ml bottle.

I think that my lashes and brows will continue growing. It's great stuff. You really should get it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I was a little girl, my grandmother would tell me how her and her sisters used castor oil on their eyelashes and scalp to grow hair. I can assure you that this works! As a result of dedicated use of castor oil every night for a year, I can now boast that I have the longest eyelashes of anyone I know.
I use a tiny drop on a lash comb to condition my eyelashes after I take off my mascara and cleanse my face.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 6:43:00 AM More reviews by MissValery

About castor oil for hair growth: Iīve been using this about four weeks, putting it on my eyelashes and eyebrows before going to bed. While it didnīt work any wonders, my eyelashes are softer than before and might have grown a little in lenght. I didnīt feel it did much about my eyebrows, though.
About castor oil for the oil cleansing method: I read the reviews about oil-cleansing with olive and castor oil and decided to try it.
On my forhead, where I had nice skin to begin with, within a few days I started to brak out and pores were clogged like back in the days as a teenager. Therefore I stopped using the method there.
On my nose, on the other hand, it really worked great. The skin on my nose has always been flakey, like after a sunburn, and no moisturizer or peeling would change that, and at the same time there were blackheads on it I could not get rid of. After a few times of oil cleansing, the blackheads have become less visible and fewer, the skin is smooth and doesnīt flake, which of course also makes my mineral make up go on much easier and flawless. So, for my nose, this is a HG!
UPDATE: I have been using this for five weeks now and lately noticed some tiny pimples on my upper lash line. I looked closer and found that they werenīt pimples...they are new lashes growing into my lashline. Iīm speechless. I never expected this to work so well. Get it!

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by igetjokes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does help hair grow. I use it on my eyebrows to help grow in from overplucking and i can tell it helped, i had to pluck much more. So I started using it on my scalp because i wanted to grow my hairout and I swear my hair is growing faster.