July 28, 2014 | 1668 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sloppycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this facial wash! It's not irritating to my combination/sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended it to me years ago and I have never stopped using it. The equate gentle cleanser works just like this one too and it's much cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by pruma

my doctor keeps recommending cetaphil cos i'm developing sensitive skin. The cleanser doesn't dry my skin and skin feels good even without the use of a toner, but i just don't feel like it's cleaning very well. I end up scrubbing myself off with a washcloth in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by CombinationSkin

COMBINATION.ACNE PRONE SKIN. I've battled acne for 5 years. I tried so many products, even prescription (everything EXCEPT accutane). I was using products with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other proven 'acne fighting ingredients'. After using Ceptaphil, I noticed that my acne reduced dramatically. My gross skin started to become softer. And I realised, those harsh cleansers were the products that caused my acne. Gentle cleansing is the best for acne prone skin. Now, I get some pimples time to time, but my skin is visibly soft, and the inflammation is nearly gone! I <3 cetaphil. I'm using my 3rd jumbo bottle and I will definetly repurchase when it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Girl4God

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this cleanser but when I used it the second time on my sensitive, combination skin, I got itchy on my jaw and it sort of turned into a little rash. Even though it went away quickly, I also noticed my zits where more inflamed! I think I'll stick to CeraVe until I try Aquanil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I have underlying dehydrated skin which easily becomes oily and irritated if not using the right products. I was going through a stage where I had very red skin and lots of blocked pores from constantly switching products. When I went through the sample, I was surprised the SLS and cetaryl alcohol did not cause dryness and blocked pores, so I immediately bought full size along with the moisturiser. This is a gentle cleanser, but does nothing for the skin otherwise. After a few more weeks of use, I had developed more blocked pores and had no relief from sensitivities. This could perhaps better suit someone who has sensitive skin but not other underlying skin problems like irritation, acne, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by xytt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for my dry skin! It leaves my skin feeling soft and so far this is the only cleanser that won't make my skin dry out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by maxinerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. It's really gentle and smells fresh. It doesn't cause any breakouts or irritation. It just leaves my skin clean; exactly what a cleanser is supposed to do. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Mamacita562

There is goodness in this cleanser. Over the summer i got this really dry, flaky, red, itchy patch under my nose and on the crease on my chin. the very drying cleanser i was using at the time was making it hella worse. so i switched to this cleanser because it was gentle enough to let my medicine (garlic juice on a cotton ball) do its work. im thankful for cetaphil for doing that. but it doesnt feel like its really cleansing the rest of my face enough. the rest of my face suffers from occasional breakoust and it did nothing for them. and it didnt take off as much makeup as i would expect a cleanser to. during the time i was using cetaphil i would occasionally switch bak to my old cleanser just because i couldnt stand that greasy feeling cetaphil cleanser that didnt even feel like it was cleansing. i would recomend this cleanser for people with dry skin or people who dont have special needs for their skin

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2006 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Lynard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combonation acne prone skin, and I Know people love this product, but I thought it was ok. After I wash my face with it, it doesn't feel completely clean. I wnated to wash my face again, with another product. Although I will say this product is non-drying, and when my skin is dry and iritated, this is what I use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am DSPW
This product did not work for me-my skin felt irritated and it did an rotten job of removing makeup.
Definately a pass on this one for me.