Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/14/2007 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mix this with a bit of baking soda and you will never buy microdermabrasion creams again. Genius! Plus it's not harsh on the skin like some microderms treatments can be. It's also a great makeup remover when used with a damp washcloth. Applied on its own, however, I don't find it so great, I always feel like there is some residue left. Definitely not enough for my oily skin. But it's soo gentle. Yep, great as a makeup remover. But is it really that stuff or the damp washcloth that does the job? Whatever. My BF has crazy sensitive skin and keeps emptying my bottle, so it must be doing something right.

on 2/14/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my fav of all the Cetaphil cleansers and I've tried ALL of them. This one never dries out my skin and does the best job of removing makeup that my cleansing cloth missed. I only use this at nite b/c I use the ProActiv cleanser in the mornings. The consistency is rather strange and it doesn't lather up very well, but that doesn't bother me. Its almost like putting a thick oil on your face, but it leaves my skin clean, refreshed, and soft. I'm on topical acne treatments right now and this cleanser has been very kind to me. I would also rec it for, normal, senstive, and/or dry skin. Great basic everyday cleanser at a nice price!!!

on 2/14/2007 5:10:00 PM

I have combination/oily skin and i don't feel like this cleanser really cleans my skin. when i use it, i still feel like my face is dirty. if i do use this, i only use it as my "sunday" cleanser... meaning i am washing my face when i wake up and not wearing any makeup.

also, i think it's important to note that i've had problems with the packing. my pump top has broken off.

on 2/13/2007 4:27:00 PM

I have acne prone/oily skin and I love this cleanser. It has cleared up my acne and is keeping it under control. It is cheap, gentle and effective.

on 2/13/2007 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've previously tried this cleanser with not-so-good results, but if I use it on dry skin it's a Godsend !!! It has become my HG cleancer for my rosacea prone skin, I always buy the generic versions because it's the exact same thing for 1/4 the price =)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very sensitive dry rosy skin, olive toned.. i'm 23 I've had like 4 pimples my entire life and this is the ONLY product that doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it moisturized.

I don't know why the hell people would use this is they have oily skin; it is not amde for oily skin and they shouldn't rate this product lower based on their own mistake, using it for what is wasn't intended. idiots.

seriously, anyone with dry sensitive skin USE IT!

on 2/12/2007 7:00:00 PM

I love this stuff! I like trying new things..but I keep coming back to this. Granted..you have to take off all your makeup BEFORE you use this..but the results are great. I have sensitive skin and I have no reactions to it. Just soft, clean skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This for me is the best drugstore cleanser out there. I have dry skin but still got breakouts, that stopped once I started using Cetaphil. If I stop using Cetaphil, I will promptly get a zit....
To save even more $$, buy the CVS version, it is the exact same thing!

on 2/10/2007 10:37:00 PM

I've been using this product on and off for 15 years and it's one of the best cleansers on the market. I have very oily skin that's prone to breakouts and this really saved my skin. It's important to note that it can be a bit difficult to remove makeup, but the solution is simple: wash your face twice with the product and use a round, flat cellulose sponge to remove the cleanser, and be sure to rinse well. This product is very gentle and doesn't dry the skin out, so I think it would work well for oily or dry skin types.

Edit: I finally had to give this product up as it just wasn't working for me anymore and it was too difficult to get it off of my skin. All of that rubbing with the sponge was causing redness! I have since switched to Eucerin Redness Relief Cleasnser and I love it!

on 2/10/2007 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product! i tried one of the reviews of mixing cetaphil with backing soda .. instead of doing a microbrasion kit. And it works wonder! 5 stars

Video Reviews & Tutorials