September 2, 2014 | 1787 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Griggy

Not the cleanser for me. I really wanted to like it. After a few days of use my skin broke out and looked dull. Really dull. Went back to Dove and my skin looks good again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just couldn't keep quiet about this product, even though it hardly needs any more reviews!
I bought The Big Bottle of this. I've been using it for a few months on my sensitive/combo/retin-A'd face. At first I thought, "great" a nice gentle no frills cleanser that does a good job of cleaning. But as the weeks went by, I keep noticing suble changes. Dullness, a few big pimples (at times when I dont normally get them) and just not looking great. Then one day I was looking into my magnifying mirror and OH MY GOD. It look as though every pore on my face was a blackhead. I am not kidding. I have never, ever had this problem. I can only atribute this to the Cetaphil cleanser. I have added no other new products in years. Then I read all the reviews here to see if I was crazy, and sure enough a lot of people have had trouble with this. Now it occurs to me just how slimey (and stinky!) this stuff is. I am a few days into my "recovery" and already I look better. I will go get a really good facial this weekend to see if she can decongest my skin.
It's not the oiliness that makes this product bad. In fact, one of the best cleanser out there is DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which I need to run out and buy right now.
I really, really do not like this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Machinery

This product is really great! It doesn't break me out and leaves my skin so full of moisture that is not greasy. It really tames down any pimples that you have squeezed, calming it's size and sting.
I have oily skin and i notice that this cleanser doesn't make my skin produce as much oil as it used to. Though i do a double wash of this because skin feels more cleaner if i wash it twice. This is the only reason why i gave it 4 lippies.

I use Total effects for blemish prone skin (I have serious acne and this clears it up!)...this moisturiser is the absolute best in texture..sinks in..moisturises...not oily...gets rid of acne...LOVE IT! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Cetaphil back in 1992 and have used it off and on ever since.I have VERY sensitive skin and used to break out all the time from using such strong cleansers on my face,(I thought "stronger" meant "cleaner"). My face kept getting worse. I finally read in one of Paula Begoun's books to mix Cetaphil with baking soda and to make a scrub for your face. But use the scrub VERY gently, especially where you have breakouts. It not only made my face feel so much less taut/tight, but also cleared it up remarkably! I also love it because it is fragrance-free and that is one of the first things I make sure in any of my cleansers, that they are fragrance-free! I leave the fragrance to Ralph Lauren! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Pinkie22

I've tried. I really have. I just can't get into this cleanser!

The texture bothers me-it feels greasy and doesn't foam. I happen to like foam!

I'm currently using Retin-A Micro, and whenever I use Cetaphil, my skin BURNS! I have also broken out after every time I've used it. I'm done. No more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 3:37:00 AM More reviews by NatSnaVig

I was a bit wary of Cetaphil, because the packaging said it was so gentle and moisturizing, but I gave it a try, and I really love it. I have sensitive, combination skin, where my nose is extremely oily forehead moderate, and cheeks and chin are extremely dry. The only time I break out is when I'm PMSing which is only once every month, and the break outs are very mild too. Anyways, I really like this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hiddencat

I used to use this and thought it was just the best thing ever, DESPITE clogged pores. I haven't used it for about a year, and don't miss it and find other cleansers don't contribute/cause(?) the same pore clogging problems. This also stung if my skin was already irritated. I think I was just buying into the marketing :-|

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lemonchapstick

I have oily acne-prone skin and this only made my skin worse. It is moisturizing, but too moisturizing for me. It made me break out so much more. I definetly won't buy this again. It would be a good cleanser for someone who has normal skin or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ania81

Well this one is certainly a mainstain on my bathroom shelf. I've been using Cetaphil for several years and it is one of the few products that I actually purchase again and again. What I like about it is that it's truly non-irratating and goes with whatever other products I'm using at the time. I'm a real product junkie so I'm constantly trying new stuff, including other cleansers. There are some cleansers that are better in terms of cleansing "power" but too often they also result in leaving my skin feeling too dry or "filmy". Cetaphil is just right and best of all, it never stings my eyes! I can use it to remove eye makeup and it works quite well. The key is to massage it for a few minutes. I will continue buying this cleanser unless I find something that is just as gentle and effective but without parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jonalice

My dermatologist recommended this to me years ago when I had breakouts. Since then I have tried others out there but I always come back to this. It's great for removing eye makeup too. There is no need to buy expensive department store brands when this one does it all. Believe me I have tried most of them out there. I will continue to use this since it is gentle and doesn't cause breakouts. Gentle enough for a baby.