September 30, 2014 | 1019 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kahughes

This stuff is great if you have sensitive skin because it doesn't do anything! This cleanser hardly removes my make-up (especially mascara) and I'd say it's a little too gentle! My skin suddenly became incredibly sensitive to my usual Neutrogena cleansear that I have used forever, so I switched to this...I would definitely no buy this again. I have been using Aveeno foaming cleanser and I love it! Great for sensitive skin and takes off my make-up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by NettieMae

I have tried other facial cleansers, but I keep coming back to this. I have rosacea and am prone to breakouts, and this is the only thing that keeps my skin under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jrsmrs

I've been using Cetaphil (and identical no-name versions) for a few years now. I think it's a great basic, gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin or leave it greasy either. It has only been since I started using Cetaphil that my skin's dryness and flakiness have finally all but disappeared. I also find it works great at removing my makeup- even mascara. FWIW, I do the wet method- apply to dry skin and give a good rub around with my fingers, even on my eyes to get rid of the eye makeup. Then use a hot wet cloth to remove. I rinse out the cloth and give it a final scrub to make sure it's all off and I'm done. Easy, peasy, basic and readily availably, affordable. Nothing fancy, but a great basic if you're that kind of girl (and I am!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 2:28:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

This has got to be the worst stuff I've ever used. Just turned my face into a gooey mess. Couldn't even come close to removing my SS and the tiny bit of mu I had on. Tried it again in the morning (no mu) and it dried the crap out of my mostly oily skin. Felt very tight and uncomfortable. Gave it to my sons to try. Found it in the trash the next day. Good choice...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:25:00 AM More reviews by chinasmom

i just started using this a few months ago..i was having such a hard time finding a cleanser that didn't strip my face but that didn't leave oily. i was constatly getting break outs when i had never really had problems with acne. my mom told me about cetaphil cause she has been using it regiliously for about 10 years..so i tried it. the first week i still had the same break outs..so i was starting to get disappointed. but i keep using it and sure enough..my pimples were fading and my skin was looking the best it had looked in a long time. i use it w/ water though..cause i did notice when i tried it with out and just tissued it off, it left my skin too greasy feeling. i still get the rare pimple every now and then but nothing like the 3 or 4 at the same like it was. now my skin is clear and everyone else seems to notice too. i've even gotten compliments from strangers about how clear and even my skin is!! needless to say..i'm defianly going to be using this product for a long time to come!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by spootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many of you, I don't like using Cetaphil on my face either, but it can be used for a couple of other things if you bought it but don't want to waste the bottle: My dermatologist recommended it for shaving (I get irritated follicles on my legs)--You may find that it isn't enough to shave with by itself, but I have used it under other shaving lotions for extra cushion(Kiss My Face shaves work great). I do use it alone for shaving sometimes as well, and I have noticed my shaved areas are less irritated.

Cetaphil also makes a good soap for a "sponge bath" if you are ever in need of a quick freshening up--since it doesn't lather up too much it is easy to sponge off. I really appreciated this after I had foot surgery and could not get my foot wet. Also good for hand washing if your hands are really dry. (If hands are super-dirty you may want to go ahead and use regular soap.)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Griggy

Not the cleanser for me. I really wanted to like it. After a few days of use my skin broke out and looked dull. Really dull. Went back to Dove and my skin looks good again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just couldn't keep quiet about this product, even though it hardly needs any more reviews!
I bought The Big Bottle of this. I've been using it for a few months on my sensitive/combo/retin-A'd face. At first I thought, "great" a nice gentle no frills cleanser that does a good job of cleaning. But as the weeks went by, I keep noticing suble changes. Dullness, a few big pimples (at times when I dont normally get them) and just not looking great. Then one day I was looking into my magnifying mirror and OH MY GOD. It look as though every pore on my face was a blackhead. I am not kidding. I have never, ever had this problem. I can only atribute this to the Cetaphil cleanser. I have added no other new products in years. Then I read all the reviews here to see if I was crazy, and sure enough a lot of people have had trouble with this. Now it occurs to me just how slimey (and stinky!) this stuff is. I am a few days into my "recovery" and already I look better. I will go get a really good facial this weekend to see if she can decongest my skin.
It's not the oiliness that makes this product bad. In fact, one of the best cleanser out there is DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which I need to run out and buy right now.
I really, really do not like this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Machinery

This product is really great! It doesn't break me out and leaves my skin so full of moisture that is not greasy. It really tames down any pimples that you have squeezed, calming it's size and sting.
I have oily skin and i notice that this cleanser doesn't make my skin produce as much oil as it used to. Though i do a double wash of this because skin feels more cleaner if i wash it twice. This is the only reason why i gave it 4 lippies.

I use Total effects for blemish prone skin (I have serious acne and this clears it up!)...this moisturiser is the absolute best in texture..sinks in..moisturises...not oily...gets rid of acne...LOVE IT! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Cetaphil back in 1992 and have used it off and on ever since.I have VERY sensitive skin and used to break out all the time from using such strong cleansers on my face,(I thought "stronger" meant "cleaner"). My face kept getting worse. I finally read in one of Paula Begoun's books to mix Cetaphil with baking soda and to make a scrub for your face. But use the scrub VERY gently, especially where you have breakouts. It not only made my face feel so much less taut/tight, but also cleared it up remarkably! I also love it because it is fragrance-free and that is one of the first things I make sure in any of my cleansers, that they are fragrance-free! I leave the fragrance to Ralph Lauren! :-)