April 24, 2014 | 1695 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by widup

I love this product! I have used it for years and I will not use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sofreshnsoclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, love, love this face wash! Cetaphil is the remedy to my ultra sensitive skin (it reacts to Neutrogena, St. Ive's Apricot Scrub...anything, you name it!). You really get bang for your buck with this product as it not only acts as a face wash but also make-up remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by johansenshawna

This is a great product, but it does not remove makeup effectively so I don't use it as a every day cleanser. I still love it though for a different use...I mix it with small amount of baking soda and use it as a gentle exfoliant a couple times a week. It helps keep me glowing. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by chrisoo

This is the cleanser that saved my once acne filled face. I normally have clear, but oily skin. A couple of years ago I had a bad outbreak. I tried many products to fix my problem, but this cleanser was my solution. It's economical, reliable, gentle (I hate how some cleansers stings my eye). But I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who wears a lot of makeup, I can't imagine how it can fully cleanse the face. The only thing I don't like is the pump, which doesnt work effectively nearing the end of the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by julia1211

Been using Cetaphil for years, and it has worked very well for me. I've got sensitive combination skin and this stuff does not make my face all red after cleansing. You shouldn't rely on this to remove your makeup though if you put a lot of stuff on your face. But it gets my mineral face powder off just fine. Love this no frills but effective product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is great for people with extremely sensitive skin or for someone who has recently had laser treatments or chemical peels etc. I recently had a pretty strong chemical peel and needed a face wash that would be gentle on my irritated skin while I was healing and this worked perfectly. I like that it made my skin feel clean without it feeling completely stripped and it's fragrance free too. I used this to wash my face with for a few weeks after my peel and it didn't cause any irritation which is just what I was looking for but I don't think I could use this as my every day cleanser. My skin is too oily and breakout prone so I think I would need something exfoliating to help control the oil and breakouts. But if you are looking for something very mild and gentle this might be a great choice. I did notice that if you wear makeup you will need to use a separate makeup remover before washing your face with this because it will not remove makeup. All in all this is a nice mild cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily skin and I thought this would be a good lower-priced alternative as a cleanser. This seemed to harsh for my skin and left it feeling dry and irritated. It didn't help control breakouts for me at all and it left my skin more red than usual.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

This cleanser did not clean my face at all! It felt like I just smeared slime on and rinsed. I will not be using again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by hannahlise

this is ok, but really doesn't feel like it cleanses my skin deeply...i tend to have to also use my acne treatment on my trouble spots after using this, because it does absolutely nothing to help me from breaking out. the cost and availability is the best part of this, and its gentleness. otherwise i'd go with kiehl's washable cleansing milk (more expensive, but my favorite). but in a pinch, this ain't bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2006 8:45:00 AM More reviews by asabo

I tried this after hearing so many people rave about it...it was so cheap anyway. But I still don't understand what's so good about it. Yeah, I agree it's 'gentle' but in other words it doesn't do anything! I feel like it doesn't remove makeup let alone dirt or oil. As it didn't cleanse my face properly I started breaking out too :( Wish it could've worked for me because it's so cheap but unfortunately I won't be going back to it.