Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This for me is the best drugstore cleanser out there. I have dry skin but still got breakouts, that stopped once I started using Cetaphil. If I stop using Cetaphil, I will promptly get a zit....
To save even more $$, buy the CVS version, it is the exact same thing!

on 2/10/2007 10:37:00 PM

I've been using this product on and off for 15 years and it's one of the best cleansers on the market. I have very oily skin that's prone to breakouts and this really saved my skin. It's important to note that it can be a bit difficult to remove makeup, but the solution is simple: wash your face twice with the product and use a round, flat cellulose sponge to remove the cleanser, and be sure to rinse well. This product is very gentle and doesn't dry the skin out, so I think it would work well for oily or dry skin types.

Edit: I finally had to give this product up as it just wasn't working for me anymore and it was too difficult to get it off of my skin. All of that rubbing with the sponge was causing redness! I have since switched to Eucerin Redness Relief Cleasnser and I love it!

on 2/10/2007 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product! i tried one of the reviews of mixing cetaphil with backing soda .. instead of doing a microbrasion kit. And it works wonder! 5 stars

on 2/10/2007 6:01:00 PM

Sigh... I so wish I could love Cetaphil the way I know so many do. It's been recommended to me by a couple of dermatologists -- I have rosacea and also very sensitive fair skin to begin with -- but it just does not leave my face leaving clean. I've tried it with water and without. Without seems to clean better but I find it a bit gross. There's something psychologically soothing about washing off soap with water -- I don't feel quite clean if I haven't rinsed. And, for something called "gentle," it also makes my face itch. I still keep it around for taking off eye makeup if I need to (rarely) but I much prefer Purpose cleanser -- same idea but cleans better and doesn't make me itch.

on 2/8/2007 7:00:00 PM

Got this Cleanser in Winter and i really love it. My skin had been drying out everytime i washed it, and this cleanser is great as it does not dry out your skin at all. Normally i have oily/combination skin, but in winter it does get very dry, especially with being abroad in very cold Finland during winter.I do find however it does not remove my makeup very well so i have to use a toner at night. Iam still getting the occasional breakout but may have nothing to do with the cleanser. Editied to add my skin is breaking out more during the summer so trying out a gel clarté sample. Perhaps this cleanser is not suitable for those with acne prone skin during a warm or humid summer.Update changed my Hydra Zen for dry skin to Aqua fusion gel cream for summer and cetaphil works fine again so added another lippy as for the price its a great all round cleanser.

on 2/7/2007 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil is kind of weird. It doesn't feel like it works, it feels like it leaves a residue and can't possibly get your skin clean because it's so mild. But since I started using it 8+ years ago, I never have breakouts or clogged pores, my skin doesn't feel dry and tight, and my complexion glows. I don't know how it works, it just does. We use it on our kids too, because a couple of them have eczema, and it really seems to work better for that than anything else we've tried.

on 2/6/2007 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 years - since my dermatologist recommended it. Best cleanser I've found for sensitive skin. My husband won't use anything else, either. If I spend large amounts of money on products, I want it to be treatments, not a simple cleanser. This is very reasonably priced and does exactly what it says.

on 2/5/2007 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is fantastic. It does EXACTLY what it claims to.....gently cleanse and soften. I don't understand why people give this a bad review b/c "they expected it to clear their skin" etc. It isn't mean to clear acne. It is meant to be a non-irritating, gentle cleanser to be used on skin that is dry or sensitive from harsh treatments (ie tazorac, retin-a etc) to prevent further irritation. It does exacly what it promises.

I adore Cetaphil products and this is no exception. Especially good for my winter skin regimen, I use Cetaphil year round to really keep my skin both clean and moisturized. I especially like the convenience of using it on a cotton pad with no water which means even if I'm traveling, it's always convenient. I also love that I can buy this in bulk!

on 2/5/2007 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and doesn't make my skin dry or cause it to break out.