October 22, 2014 | 1813 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SuzieV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy this product all the time - but not for me - for my baby! I use it as a body and hair wash for him! I have found that all the baby washes have way too many harmful drying chemicals and fragrance! This is perfect for babies! Highly recommended! By the way, for a face wash for me - this does not remove makeup so I don't use it on myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

Excellent cleanser! I have dry skin and most cleansers leave a stiff feeling in my face afterwards. This is creamy, moisturizing, and takes of all of my eye makeup without irritating my eyes! The only thing I would change is that they would offer this in a bottle with a pump. (maybe they do?) I highly recommend! (psst...the Wal-Mart dupe is identical, and much cheaper!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I give this such a low rating because it does not actually cleanse.....won't even remove plain powder completely, let alone sunscreen or sweat. It also caused breakouts for me....I tried to use it up on my body but it gave me breakouts there. Tried then to finish it using for shaving, and I got bumps on my legs from that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by foxyfroggy

this is the only thing that keeps my skin from breaking out without drying it out and giving me dry patches. p.s. if you think its too expensive walmart makes generic version

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2251

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent for sensitive skin. I absolutely love it. I am on Retin A Micro, which is making my skin very sensitive and irritated. This cleanser is like a treat for my face. It's very soothing to rub on. This is the cleanser that my dermatologist recommneded I use when I first got on Retin A. I've had no problems with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Slj1964

If you have acne prone skin don't think you need a harsh cleanser, I have done that for years. I tried everything. It will generally aggravate it more. Get a Cetaphil gentle and Cetaphil for oily skin. Use the one for oily skin first or just in the evening and follow up with the Cetaphil Gentle after cleansing. It really does calm your skin. I have seen the reviews that it doesn't remove makeup well. That is true if you wear heavy makeup but you can resolve that by using the oily skin version first. It removes makeup very well. I went off of the Cetaphil due to running out and I paid for it with irrated , broken out skin. As far as the packaging goes , I think less is best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product okay, but I have oily, acne-prone skin so I usually have to whip it into shape with harsher products. Whenever my skin gets irritated for whatever reason, though, this is very soothing, very gentle, and has a unique formula. Is it more effective than other cleansers? Heck no, it's average there. Will it work if you really need gentle? Yup!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by CrazyRussian

I tried this cleanser a year ago or so, like it a lot though my skin is combination. I made a mistake in the past by using really harsh cleansers, but not anymore - this one works just fine. I gave it four lippies because it doesn't remove my make up completely, so I have to use Cetaphil for oily skin in the evening, but I use the original one in the morning. And the price is very reasonable for the product of such a good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Rubybreath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Much love for this! I was skeptical. Oh boy, was I skeptical about trying this. I had it recommended to me for years since my skin is very sensitive. However, I never purchased it because the packaging is a little lackluster and I had visions of a film left on my face due to the product description. I was wrong! This is the only cleanser that calms my angry skin down and makes it look glowing and makes it feel baby soft. I see a definite improvement with my skin when I use it for any period of time. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by roxystarling

I tried a bunch of other cleansers over the last two years, from the "extra gentle" to the exfoliating, to the acne washes, to organic, to orange oil, etc. My skin was worse than ever. I remembered that I had used this before and never had problems, so I begrudgungly bought it again. It's not exciting or fun, the packaging is ugly and unwieldy, and it's not organic and in fact has petroleum-related ingredients (I think). But it works! And it works so well! My skin is not dry, feels wonderful, and is clearing up. So there you go- I don't think I'll stray again! (yes, I've said that before). Cetaphil, please make a cool new package to secure my fidelity! And please change it every two years!