Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/23/2006 9:52:00 PM

I like use the cleanser whn my skin decides to go senstive on me and during winter months. It's great especaily after eyebrow waxing. I purchase my large size one at Costcos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good cleanser for sensitive or dry skin. I liked that it didn't feel drying at all-it was perfect for when I used Accutane. However, I don't feel like it cleanses the skin very well.

on 12/16/2006 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i heard that this was good for sensitive skin. I have oily skin but wanted to give it a try since I had heard so many good things. This actually made my skin sting, like it was burning. I won't be trying it again.

on 12/14/2006 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of this product, though it works wonders for other, dry-skinned people in my family. It's not strong enough for oily skin, and leaves behind a residue, so I would recommend trying something else if you are oily and acne-prone.

on 12/13/2006 3:50:00 PM

I started using Cetaphil as a recommendation by my Dermatologist. I have been using it for years. It is a very gentle cleanser, that doesn't dry your face out. I've had great results treating my acne with a combo of this product, Neutrogena "On The Spot" Acne Cream, and Cetaphil moisturizer.

on 12/12/2006 8:34:00 PM

In the winter, I love this stuff. In the summer, it doesn't do much for me. It doesn't remove makeup, but it does leave your skin soft. I have combination skin, and have tried all kinds of products. The SIMPLE stuff works. I find that this leaves my skin nice and clear.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very wrong about this product (I previously rated it with 1 lippie). Now that its winter, and I have been using lots of BP for acne treatment also, my skin is so dry. I used to think this cleanser was nasty since it didnt foam, and felt slimy, etc.. but I bought it again as a last chance shot to see if it would help my skin. Surprise! Its wonderful. For those who say it doesnt remove makeup - try this: Rub some onto dry skin, and use a tissue to wipe it off. This takes all my makeup off, even my eye makeup, and it doesnt sting my eyes (which are very sensitive). But I found that if you put it onto wet skin, and rinse it off, it wont remove any makeup at all. Strange. After I tissue my makeup off, I wash again with it using water, like normal. It leaves my skin soft and not tight, and as long as I used it to take off makeup, it doesnt leave a residue. I previously complained of the price (for such SIMPLE, readily/widely available ingredients, 16 oz in crappy packaging shouldnt cost $10, esp since they dont do a lot of advertising either), although I will keep buying it thru the winter. Maybe in the summer again I'll switch to a foaming cleanser when my skin gets oily. But in the winter with my dry skin, this is great. The walmart version is 1/3 the price ($3-something for 16 oz), and I cant imagine that it would be a whole lot different, but ive only bought the name brand version so far. The packaging sucks, the epitome of utilitarian, but whatever. I think the 16 oz is too bulky (I travel a lot) so im glad they make an 8 oz and a 4 oz size. Anyway, this product is worth revisiting, and Im glad to say I was very wrong about it. *********update************** Ive been using this about 2 weeks (I follow with proactiv repairing lotion and cetaphil moisturizing cream) and my sensitive, winter-dry-flaky, really acne prone skin is looking a little better each day. Its not completely clear yet, but its improved for sure. If you're acne prone, this is good to use before your treatments, like BP. Will update in a couple months if this regime ends up clearing my skin.

on 12/11/2006 8:28:00 PM

I was not a fan of this cleanser. It seemed to leave a build up on my skin and not clean my face at all. I had more break outs while I was using this as well.

on 12/11/2006 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleanser works very good for MY HAIR. I have extremely fragile, mid-lenght and wavy hair and since a couple of weeks, I cannot wash them everyday like I did before (you can check my review on the Senscience shampoo for dry hair). A shampoo every two days is even too much for me ! But my hair is so fine that the day after I've washed them, I wake up with the most ugly, kind of flat and greasy looking hair that I've ever seen in my entire life and it's totally discusting. So, I had the idea to use this gentle cleanser everyday between shampoo and I'm very impressed with the results. My hair are definately softer and easier to manage, and the greasy look is totally gone. Even my Senscience shampoo and conditionner seems to work better ! I'm doing it since 2 weeks now and I'll continue to do it until that cleanser is available on the market !

on 12/10/2006 8:37:00 PM

Always keep some of this around- its good and gentle to use for anything really: removing eye makeup, cleaning up a skin irratation, on kids or babies..its that gentle. If I try to cover up a blemish and screw it up, I can use this to gently clean the spot to reapply makeup without ruining my whole face! I don't use it as my only facial cleanser, however, just in the mornings when I am waking up with no makeup on. At night I feel like I need something a little stronger.

Video Reviews & Tutorials