April 16, 2014 | 876 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by 810vinest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad. Not the best for oilier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is very mild & it actually softens your skin. However, if you're a greasy monkey and need a harsher cleanser to strip away your gunk ... this might not be the best option. I'll give it 4 lipstix cuz it works without water; it cleaned my face pretty well with just tissues in the backseat on a 5-hr car trip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 2:05:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

Definately gentle. But I still really like it. I never expected it to take off makeup after reading the reviews here on MUA. I don't have any skin issues and I would classify my skin type as 'normal.' So I only use it when I don't have any makeup on and it works great for me. I will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Foamy

Very gentle cleanser. I agree that it doens't feel like you're getting all the grit off, but this is the way to go if you do a double-wash before bed and a single wash in the morning (when you're skin is still clean). You're not stripping your skin of the natural oils. I suggest if your skin is a bit more on the oily side, use a stronger cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by missycon408

I love this cleanser. The only gripe I have is that it does'nt remove eye makeup and I wish it would foam up a bit. Over all, it's decent. I have sensitive combination skin and I have noticed that my skin has not had a major break out since I've started using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, especially in the winter when I just want a nice, soft, gentle cleanser for my face. This is smooth, comforting, effective, and will not dry out your skin! Is also awesome as a gentle eye makeup remover. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by widup

I love this product! I have used it for years and I will not use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sofreshnsoclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, love, love this face wash! Cetaphil is the remedy to my ultra sensitive skin (it reacts to Neutrogena, St. Ive's Apricot Scrub...anything, you name it!). You really get bang for your buck with this product as it not only acts as a face wash but also make-up remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by johansenshawna

This is a great product, but it does not remove makeup effectively so I don't use it as a every day cleanser. I still love it though for a different use...I mix it with small amount of baking soda and use it as a gentle exfoliant a couple times a week. It helps keep me glowing. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by chrisoo

This is the cleanser that saved my once acne filled face. I normally have clear, but oily skin. A couple of years ago I had a bad outbreak. I tried many products to fix my problem, but this cleanser was my solution. It's economical, reliable, gentle (I hate how some cleansers stings my eye). But I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who wears a lot of makeup, I can't imagine how it can fully cleanse the face. The only thing I don't like is the pump, which doesnt work effectively nearing the end of the bottle.