September 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I give this such a low rating because it does not actually cleanse.....won't even remove plain powder completely, let alone sunscreen or sweat. It also caused breakouts for me....I tried to use it up on my body but it gave me breakouts there. Tried then to finish it using for shaving, and I got bumps on my legs from that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by foxyfroggy

this is the only thing that keeps my skin from breaking out without drying it out and giving me dry patches. p.s. if you think its too expensive walmart makes generic version

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2251

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent for sensitive skin. I absolutely love it. I am on Retin A Micro, which is making my skin very sensitive and irritated. This cleanser is like a treat for my face. It's very soothing to rub on. This is the cleanser that my dermatologist recommneded I use when I first got on Retin A. I've had no problems with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Slj1964

If you have acne prone skin don't think you need a harsh cleanser, I have done that for years. I tried everything. It will generally aggravate it more. Get a Cetaphil gentle and Cetaphil for oily skin. Use the one for oily skin first or just in the evening and follow up with the Cetaphil Gentle after cleansing. It really does calm your skin. I have seen the reviews that it doesn't remove makeup well. That is true if you wear heavy makeup but you can resolve that by using the oily skin version first. It removes makeup very well. I went off of the Cetaphil due to running out and I paid for it with irrated , broken out skin. As far as the packaging goes , I think less is best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product okay, but I have oily, acne-prone skin so I usually have to whip it into shape with harsher products. Whenever my skin gets irritated for whatever reason, though, this is very soothing, very gentle, and has a unique formula. Is it more effective than other cleansers? Heck no, it's average there. Will it work if you really need gentle? Yup!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by CrazyRussian

I tried this cleanser a year ago or so, like it a lot though my skin is combination. I made a mistake in the past by using really harsh cleansers, but not anymore - this one works just fine. I gave it four lippies because it doesn't remove my make up completely, so I have to use Cetaphil for oily skin in the evening, but I use the original one in the morning. And the price is very reasonable for the product of such a good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Rubybreath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Much love for this! I was skeptical. Oh boy, was I skeptical about trying this. I had it recommended to me for years since my skin is very sensitive. However, I never purchased it because the packaging is a little lackluster and I had visions of a film left on my face due to the product description. I was wrong! This is the only cleanser that calms my angry skin down and makes it look glowing and makes it feel baby soft. I see a definite improvement with my skin when I use it for any period of time. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by roxystarling

I tried a bunch of other cleansers over the last two years, from the "extra gentle" to the exfoliating, to the acne washes, to organic, to orange oil, etc. My skin was worse than ever. I remembered that I had used this before and never had problems, so I begrudgungly bought it again. It's not exciting or fun, the packaging is ugly and unwieldy, and it's not organic and in fact has petroleum-related ingredients (I think). But it works! And it works so well! My skin is not dry, feels wonderful, and is clearing up. So there you go- I don't think I'll stray again! (yes, I've said that before). Cetaphil, please make a cool new package to secure my fidelity! And please change it every two years!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by SGERBINE

Well I read about this on lhj.com and thought I would give it a try. I loved it through the first bottle, but I was on my second when I realized I had more junk in my pores than I have ever had before. I used this in conjunction with Neutrogena healthy defense moisturizer w/ spf 15 and it has salylic acid in it. It worked ok I guess...but still...too much junk in my pores. So, I switched to Origins face wash (didn't like it either). So basically I think this cleanser is average. Not too bad, but not that great either. It is pretty inexpensive though, so I was really excited about using it.
I'm acne prone and this prevented pimples, but didn't clear the dirt out of my pores. Its a really gentle cleanser.
Earlier this week I went to my hair stylist and she said she only uses cetaphil but she's older and has really good skin (from what I could tell). She also said that her doctor told her to use cetaphil w/ her daughter as a body cleanser when she was born.

Conclusion: if you have very mild acne or none at all this could work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2006 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

a very basic, nonfoaming cleanser. i would never use this alone because it seems to leave a film over my face. usually use it to clean my face of makeup before i use another foaming face wash to clean face again. but i dont use much makeup, and have since then found that a good cleanser should be able to do the job without the need for a pre-cleaner