Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/7/2007 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil is kind of weird. It doesn't feel like it works, it feels like it leaves a residue and can't possibly get your skin clean because it's so mild. But since I started using it 8+ years ago, I never have breakouts or clogged pores, my skin doesn't feel dry and tight, and my complexion glows. I don't know how it works, it just does. We use it on our kids too, because a couple of them have eczema, and it really seems to work better for that than anything else we've tried.

on 2/6/2007 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 years - since my dermatologist recommended it. Best cleanser I've found for sensitive skin. My husband won't use anything else, either. If I spend large amounts of money on products, I want it to be treatments, not a simple cleanser. This is very reasonably priced and does exactly what it says.

on 2/5/2007 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is fantastic. It does EXACTLY what it claims to.....gently cleanse and soften. I don't understand why people give this a bad review b/c "they expected it to clear their skin" etc. It isn't mean to clear acne. It is meant to be a non-irritating, gentle cleanser to be used on skin that is dry or sensitive from harsh treatments (ie tazorac, retin-a etc) to prevent further irritation. It does exacly what it promises.

I adore Cetaphil products and this is no exception. Especially good for my winter skin regimen, I use Cetaphil year round to really keep my skin both clean and moisturized. I especially like the convenience of using it on a cotton pad with no water which means even if I'm traveling, it's always convenient. I also love that I can buy this in bulk!

on 2/5/2007 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and doesn't make my skin dry or cause it to break out.

on 2/3/2007 11:18:00 AM

This is a number one Dermatologist tested and recommended product. Reason: it never irritates skin because there are no harsh chemicals. No, it doesn't remove eye makeup, but why are you treating your eyelids so harshly to try and remove eye makeup by scrubbing with soap? Do you want wrinkles?

Invest in a good eye makeup remover. I like one from Bath and Body because, one, it works, and two, the packaging is attractive enough to leave on my vanity top for easy everyday access. I also keep an attractive glass cotton holder on my vanity for the swipes needed to remove the eye makeup.

With the Cetaphil, I keep a small tupperware container of baking soda in the shower. On days I feel I need to exfoliate, I put a small amount in my hand to mix with a couple pumps of the cleanser. My skin comes out baby soft, not too dry, and definitely clean.

I admit, I waste money on moisturizers (La Creme, anyone?), but there is no need to waste on cleansers when you can buy this PERFECT product dirt cheap at the grocery store.

on 2/3/2007 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser isn't anything too special but as noted in other reviews etc, mixing baking soda into a dollop of this stuff (to paste-like consistency) makes an amazing exfoliant. I used to use apricot scrubs but the baking soda leaves my skin softer and smoother than it's ever been. All of my friends who've tried this agree. It's gentle enough not to irritate zits and may prevent them. Give this trick a try.

on 2/2/2007 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

does nothing for my skin.
at all.
weird texture. kinda sticky. this is my least favorite cetaphil product, its kind of a waste of money.
i dont recommend

on 2/1/2007 2:48:00 PM

I bought a Costco 2-pack of this stuff, god, probably two years ago, and still haven't used up either of the jugs yet. It was purchased in hopes that it would be the HG cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin. It is definitely not an HG for me - I'm guessing it probably is the perfect cleanser for girls with perfect skin. For the rest of us, I guess it's kind of okay.

PROS: Cleans okay. Leaves skin soft. Very gentle cleanser. Works well if you add a little baking soda for exfoliation.

CONS: Feels kind of residue-y. Does NOTHING to remove eye make-up, so I often wonder what else it leaves behind. Doesn't foam or anything, so it feels like rubbing runny lotion on your face (which is totally just a preference thing).

I turn to this usually if I'm not wearing any make-up and just nead a no-frills face wash, or if I have some kind of irritation on my skin. Overall, it's okay and I use it (as opposed to tossing it), but it's just not the best solution for me.

on 1/31/2007 1:12:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for normal to dry skin. My skin is more normal, but love using this in winter especially. I don't use it in summer when I get a bit more oil to my nose & forehead, but still use it a couple times a week with baking soda as a great facial scrub. I had tried this in my 20's when I had more oil and more breakouts and it didn't work for me then. I'm glad I gave it a second try in my late 30's. It never irritates and my skin feels great afterwards without tightening up too quick before I can get my moisturizer on. I also would rather have a pump for this, but will just wash out the pump that came with the Cetaphil moisturizer and use it with my cleanser.

Video Reviews & Tutorials