Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/16/2007 9:47:00 PM

This is gentle but didn't take off my make up at all. I think it just cleans the surface and nothing more. Maybe it's great for those who don't wear any make up but this has no strength what so ever to clean my face completely.

on 2/16/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample of this product & decided to try and It did the job of removing make-up however I'd prefer IF It foam when applied with water and my other concern is this product is "Dermatologist Recommended" but if you read the ingredients on the label it's pretty scary. I did a personal research on these ingredients and will not be buying this product. I'm sure there are much friendlier products out there.

purified water
methylparaben
propylparaben
butylparaben

on 2/15/2007 10:47:00 PM

i had high hopes for cetaphil but it causes my sensitive skin to itch and break out badly. i know so many people love it and i gave it another chance but it caused the same irritation. so, now i am stuck with this huge package of cetaphil i bought at costco.

on 2/14/2007 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mix this with a bit of baking soda and you will never buy microdermabrasion creams again. Genius! Plus it's not harsh on the skin like some microderms treatments can be. It's also a great makeup remover when used with a damp washcloth. Applied on its own, however, I don't find it so great, I always feel like there is some residue left. Definitely not enough for my oily skin. But it's soo gentle. Yep, great as a makeup remover. But is it really that stuff or the damp washcloth that does the job? Whatever. My BF has crazy sensitive skin and keeps emptying my bottle, so it must be doing something right.

on 2/14/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my fav of all the Cetaphil cleansers and I've tried ALL of them. This one never dries out my skin and does the best job of removing makeup that my cleansing cloth missed. I only use this at nite b/c I use the ProActiv cleanser in the mornings. The consistency is rather strange and it doesn't lather up very well, but that doesn't bother me. Its almost like putting a thick oil on your face, but it leaves my skin clean, refreshed, and soft. I'm on topical acne treatments right now and this cleanser has been very kind to me. I would also rec it for, normal, senstive, and/or dry skin. Great basic everyday cleanser at a nice price!!!

on 2/14/2007 5:10:00 PM

I have combination/oily skin and i don't feel like this cleanser really cleans my skin. when i use it, i still feel like my face is dirty. if i do use this, i only use it as my "sunday" cleanser... meaning i am washing my face when i wake up and not wearing any makeup.

also, i think it's important to note that i've had problems with the packing. my pump top has broken off.

on 2/13/2007 4:27:00 PM

I have acne prone/oily skin and I love this cleanser. It has cleared up my acne and is keeping it under control. It is cheap, gentle and effective.

on 2/13/2007 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've previously tried this cleanser with not-so-good results, but if I use it on dry skin it's a Godsend !!! It has become my HG cleancer for my rosacea prone skin, I always buy the generic versions because it's the exact same thing for 1/4 the price =)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very sensitive dry rosy skin, olive toned.. i'm 23 I've had like 4 pimples my entire life and this is the ONLY product that doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it moisturized.

I don't know why the hell people would use this is they have oily skin; it is not amde for oily skin and they shouldn't rate this product lower based on their own mistake, using it for what is wasn't intended. idiots.

seriously, anyone with dry sensitive skin USE IT!

on 2/12/2007 7:00:00 PM

I love this stuff! I like trying new things..but I keep coming back to this. Granted..you have to take off all your makeup BEFORE you use this..but the results are great. I have sensitive skin and I have no reactions to it. Just soft, clean skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials