November 23, 2014 | 1686 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Car63

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser was gentle all right, too gentle. For my acne prone, slightly oily/combo skin, I need a tougher cleanser. I wear makeup everyday, and this did not remove my makeup -- I had raccoon eyes. This cleanser seems like it would be great for very dry and/or sensitive skin. Does nothing for acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by susand

This is a mild all-purpose cleanser/conditioner for the skin.
I usually slather it on my dry face and then take a warm damp washcloth and lay it over my face. After a moment, I rub gently. Makeup comes off if you use it this way. Once or twice a week I pour a bit into my hand with some organic sugar and blend it into a scrub. Just scrub until the sugar dissolves. After rinsing, you face is baby smooth! I also leave a bit on the skin as directed on the bottle. I like the fact that it has no scent. It has lessened my rosacea-pink cheeks, too !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by selenevalerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it, i mix it with my proactive cleanser because i feel as if proactive by itself is too harsh. it makes a creamy combo. works well, leaves me feeling refreshed. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I began using this when I had a skin reaction that left my skin terribly irritated, blotchy, and overall sensitivity. This is gentle, no foam, feels like washing face with gel-like milk. This is not for those who likes their face to feel squeaky clean! I always feel a light film after washing it off, which I dislike but I stick with using this in the morning because it's gentle and non-irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mizzshannon

I've been using this cleanser in the liquid form form for a few months now. I am a dark skinned african american with mild acne (if it makes a difference). My normal routine is to rub this cleanser onto my face (wet or dry) in circular motions. Then I splash with warm/hot water and moisturize with Clean & Clear Dual-Action. My skin loves this combo.

I buy the big blue bottle from Target or Walgreens. I wish I could find it cheaper -- that's the only reason I took away one lippie. Although, my husband and I use it for a couple months at a time without running out, so it's still a good value. The packaging is functional and I'm satisfied because if it were any 'fancier' it would add $$ to the price, which would NOT be a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

I bought this in my recent visit to the US (end up spending 100 dollars in a pharmacy, now that's something that needs a lot of work!) anyway, I use this only in the morning and at night after I have cleansed my skin with a cream cleanser. Hounestly it does not remove makeup to save its life, but it does get rid of oils and residue without drying the skin. Good cleanser, very very cheap price but don't expect it to remove the makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Anstowe

As a spotty teenager (comedomes and combination skin) my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil. Did not cleanse at all and left a greasy film on my skin. Did not even budge minimal makeup. Awful, awful, awful. For temperamental skin I would recommend Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam - it's the only thing that I've ever stuck with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and I wear makeup everyday. I bought cetaphil b/c I read how many models use it b/c it's so gentle and great for the skin. I'm glad it wasn't expensive b/c it worked horribly. It didn't clean, and left a weird film on my skin. Like the other reviewers when I used my toner after cleansing with this lots of makeup came up on the cotton pad. I used it only once and threw it out. I guess it would be ok if someone didn't wear makeup and had very dry skin?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my skin turned sensitive. But it is quite an interesting cleanser that you could even use it without water...However I don't like the texture of this jelly like cleanser and I don't feel anything particular about my skin after using it. Yeah it does not cause irritation or redness to my skin but many other products do not either. And the packaging is very unattractive and hard to handle. I prefer those pump type that are more hygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kimberly73

I've had problem, sensitive skin for years. I was advised to use this by dermatologists, etc.

All I can say is this...YES, it is wonderful for sensitive skin. It does not irritate or dry out your skin. But I have found the magic reason why: it does not CLEAN your skin. It does not contain soap, I have found. Well, without soap...you can't clean. Period. I've tried varities of this product, all with the same results. I don't feel clean afterwards. I'll use a cotton ball after with an astringent to test how clean my face is, and I always end up with dirt on the ball (?!) No more...I need a product that is gentle but actually DOES something at the same time.