Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/29/2006 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For some reason, I purchase this worthless skin "cleanser" every couple of years mistakenly thinking my skin has aged enough to handle the lack of thorough washing this product provides. It's never worked for me before, but I can't stand the idea that Cetaphil works so fantastic for millions of people, yet it totally sucks for me; so I buy it again thinking it'll be different "this time". But it never is. Yes, I must say that my face actually feels dirtier after I use it. And what exactly are those little grainy things in it that you come across here and there? Cetaphil leaves a waxy coating on my skin that makes me itchy and gives me hives, and if this is the only cleanser I use for a couple of weeks I break out in zits and all matter of unpleasantness.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a totally worthless product. I'd like to say that I'll never buy it again, but that would probably be a lie. continued >>

on 12/29/2006 3:52:00 PM

I remembered using Cetaphil in high school on recommendation of my dermatologist and found some in my parent's shower during a Christmas visit this year. I decided to use it and after I rinsed my face, I felt like I had melted a candle and rubbed it on my cheeks. It left a horribly waxy residue! continued >>

on 12/28/2006 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Retin-A Micro for four years and every dermatologist I've been to has recommended this cleanser. When I first started using it, I had a hard time getting used to the fact that it's doesn't foam and doesn't make your face feel "sqeauky clean." But now I love it. It cleans my face without drying it out, irritating it, or clogging my pores. Every time I've tried to switch to a foaming cleanser instead, my face has gotten painfully dry and flaky. And this cleanser DOES take makeup off - what I do is apply it once, gently rub my face for about 30 seconds, then rinse and repeat. It's great!

on 12/28/2006 2:27:00 AM

My skin type is normal/oily combo. I have flawless skin thanks to this stuff. I don't use more than a dime's worth otherwise it will burn and I use a bp gel afterward, and then a moisturizer. Never had a problem with it. It's inexpensive and it's packaging is very hygenic. I have repurchased and I will continue to repurchase. :)

on 12/28/2006 12:47:00 AM

Great mild cleanser for sensitive skin. I liked it better with water, but you can use either way. Doesn't burn the eyes, either.

on 12/27/2006 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, this probably isnt a news flash for most, but Cetaphil is not a cure-all treatment type cleanser!!! I think most people know this. Cetaphil, however, is a GREAT gentle cleanser. It will not do anything dramatic for your skin but it will do no harm either. If you are using heavy duty cleansers with glyclolic acid or salycic acid, Cetaphil is a GREAT supplemental cleanser. For example, I have combination acne prone skin. I use MD Forte III (my holy grail cleanser)in the morning and Cetaphil at night. Because my cleanser has glycolic acid, I can not use it at night when I apply my Retin-A. Enter Cetaphil. It's a great gentle cleaser that can be used with topical medications. My derm actaully advised using Cetaphil at night when I an treating my acne prone skin. The trick to Cetaphil is to apply to dry skin, remove with a damp cloth or wet cotton pads, and then rinse the entire face. Your skin will be very clean afterwards. So in a nutshel, if your heavy duty cleanser is drying you out or irritating your skin, alternate with Cetaphil (once a day cetaphil and once a day heavy duty cleanser). I also read an article that said that some of these heavy duty cleansers can cause premature aging with daily use...so this furthur supports my theory that alternating with a gentle cleanser like Cetahpil can give your skin a break and still be effective. Also, if you are one of the lucky few with perfect skin and just want something non irritating and gentle, again - Go Cetaphil!

on 12/26/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this in the morning, because my skin is really clean from the previous nihgt. Good addition to my glycolic cleanser from JM, use this when I need to give my skin a break. Been using for over 10 years....love it...

on 12/26/2006 1:15:00 AM

Ok, people. I have noticed alot of Cetaphil loving and I cannot approve. This product is generic. Women spend so much money on shoes and hair but spend $3.99 on their skin care products. Get a clue. If its cheap, it isn't correcting or treating any existing skin condition, basically it doesn't work. Perhaps the cleaners you have used in the past haven't been followed by toners and the right moisturizers for your skin type. I have combination skin and Cetaphil only cleanses the dry parts leaving the oilier parts to fend for them selves. There are better products for sensitive skin. Cetaphil only removes surface dirt, it does not treat any skin issues.

on 12/24/2006 3:34:00 PM

So far I really like his, but I have only used it three times, so I don't know for sure yet. It feels really soft and smooth going on, but I don't really know how good it cleans. I guess I will have to keep using it to decide.

on 12/23/2006 9:52:00 PM

I like use the cleanser whn my skin decides to go senstive on me and during winter months. It's great especaily after eyebrow waxing. I purchase my large size one at Costcos.

Video Reviews & Tutorials