September 30, 2014 | 1829 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

I bought this in my recent visit to the US (end up spending 100 dollars in a pharmacy, now that's something that needs a lot of work!) anyway, I use this only in the morning and at night after I have cleansed my skin with a cream cleanser. Hounestly it does not remove makeup to save its life, but it does get rid of oils and residue without drying the skin. Good cleanser, very very cheap price but don't expect it to remove the makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Anstowe

As a spotty teenager (comedomes and combination skin) my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil. Did not cleanse at all and left a greasy film on my skin. Did not even budge minimal makeup. Awful, awful, awful. For temperamental skin I would recommend Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam - it's the only thing that I've ever stuck with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and I wear makeup everyday. I bought cetaphil b/c I read how many models use it b/c it's so gentle and great for the skin. I'm glad it wasn't expensive b/c it worked horribly. It didn't clean, and left a weird film on my skin. Like the other reviewers when I used my toner after cleansing with this lots of makeup came up on the cotton pad. I used it only once and threw it out. I guess it would be ok if someone didn't wear makeup and had very dry skin?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my skin turned sensitive. But it is quite an interesting cleanser that you could even use it without water...However I don't like the texture of this jelly like cleanser and I don't feel anything particular about my skin after using it. Yeah it does not cause irritation or redness to my skin but many other products do not either. And the packaging is very unattractive and hard to handle. I prefer those pump type that are more hygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kimberly73

I've had problem, sensitive skin for years. I was advised to use this by dermatologists, etc.

All I can say is this...YES, it is wonderful for sensitive skin. It does not irritate or dry out your skin. But I have found the magic reason why: it does not CLEAN your skin. It does not contain soap, I have found. Well, without soap...you can't clean. Period. I've tried varities of this product, all with the same results. I don't feel clean afterwards. I'll use a cotton ball after with an astringent to test how clean my face is, and I always end up with dirt on the ball (?!) No more...I need a product that is gentle but actually DOES something at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have acne-prone dehydrated combination skin , tried cetaphil but i found that it is not good for my skin type, it does not clean well enough and leaves a residue that feels icky. it does not remove makeup.
but it is good gentle cleanser for dry sensitive/eczema skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by nornever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, it is very good for dry skin but I don't really like its packing. It looks like sink cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dotcomgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only cleanser that works on my skin! i have extremely dry, sensitive skin and to combat this problem i have tried a multitude of cleansers including biotherm, dermaveen and QV cleanser however i still find cetaphil is the only product which does not dry out my skin. it is fragrance free, comes in a handy pump bottle (which is useful although hardly convenient when travelling) and is dirt cheap! i have paid 5 times the amount i spend on cetaphil on other cleansers such as biotherm and none have worked as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Cetaphil is such a great light cleanser. My face is combination and this works great because it doesn't strip the skins natural oils and doesn't dry out my face. The packacing is simple and the price is good for what it's worth

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by StephanieNKY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin, and this product is okay, but I wear makeup, and there is still alot left on my face after I use this. My mom, who has dry skin, and who does not wear makeup always uses this. Well, actually, it's the EQUATE brand from Wal-Mart, and its the exact thing. I know all the derms sing the praises of Cetaphil, but I need a little more spunk out of a cleanser.