September 23, 2014 | 1870 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my skin turned sensitive. But it is quite an interesting cleanser that you could even use it without water...However I don't like the texture of this jelly like cleanser and I don't feel anything particular about my skin after using it. Yeah it does not cause irritation or redness to my skin but many other products do not either. And the packaging is very unattractive and hard to handle. I prefer those pump type that are more hygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kimberly73

I've had problem, sensitive skin for years. I was advised to use this by dermatologists, etc.

All I can say is this...YES, it is wonderful for sensitive skin. It does not irritate or dry out your skin. But I have found the magic reason why: it does not CLEAN your skin. It does not contain soap, I have found. Well, without soap...you can't clean. Period. I've tried varities of this product, all with the same results. I don't feel clean afterwards. I'll use a cotton ball after with an astringent to test how clean my face is, and I always end up with dirt on the ball (?!) No more...I need a product that is gentle but actually DOES something at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have acne-prone dehydrated combination skin , tried cetaphil but i found that it is not good for my skin type, it does not clean well enough and leaves a residue that feels icky. it does not remove makeup.
but it is good gentle cleanser for dry sensitive/eczema skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by nornever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, it is very good for dry skin but I don't really like its packing. It looks like sink cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dotcomgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only cleanser that works on my skin! i have extremely dry, sensitive skin and to combat this problem i have tried a multitude of cleansers including biotherm, dermaveen and QV cleanser however i still find cetaphil is the only product which does not dry out my skin. it is fragrance free, comes in a handy pump bottle (which is useful although hardly convenient when travelling) and is dirt cheap! i have paid 5 times the amount i spend on cetaphil on other cleansers such as biotherm and none have worked as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Cetaphil is such a great light cleanser. My face is combination and this works great because it doesn't strip the skins natural oils and doesn't dry out my face. The packacing is simple and the price is good for what it's worth

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by StephanieNKY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin, and this product is okay, but I wear makeup, and there is still alot left on my face after I use this. My mom, who has dry skin, and who does not wear makeup always uses this. Well, actually, it's the EQUATE brand from Wal-Mart, and its the exact thing. I know all the derms sing the praises of Cetaphil, but I need a little more spunk out of a cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the same review I posted under the Cleansers -> Cetaphil -> Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser review:

Cetaphil seems to be the kind of product that a lot of people either love or hate. I frankly like it, though I'm not sure it would work for me as the only facial wash in my arsenal. Cetaphil is very smooth and buttery, so it should work for most skin types except the very oily and the very sensitive. I like that it doesn't lather up and get overly soapy, so I can open my eyes and take some time to get the rest of my morning lineup of products ready before rinsing it off.

I do have oily skin, so I don't use Cetaphil at night. However, I can use Cetaphil in the morning, followed by Clinique's level 3 toner, and be fine for at least 8 hours oil-wise. Cetaphil does feel like it leaves a little bit of something on your skin, but I'd like to believe that it's due to the product not stripping your skin as much as some cleansers do. Since I use toner after cleansing with Cetaphil, I can't say if Cetaphil by itself will make you break out. When I apply it, I rub it all over my face and sometimes leave it on for a few minutes. I then wash it off, though you can also wipe it off with a cloth or similar product.

My mom purchases a generic version of Cetaphil, and while she can't tell a difference in it, I can. It seems to be more harsh (perhaps more alcohol than real Cetaphil?) and not as smooth, so I don't like it and won't use it unless I'm at her place and I have nothing else. Generic is a cheaper alternative if you're not too sensitive and picky, though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SuzieV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy this product all the time - but not for me - for my baby! I use it as a body and hair wash for him! I have found that all the baby washes have way too many harmful drying chemicals and fragrance! This is perfect for babies! Highly recommended! By the way, for a face wash for me - this does not remove makeup so I don't use it on myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

Excellent cleanser! I have dry skin and most cleansers leave a stiff feeling in my face afterwards. This is creamy, moisturizing, and takes of all of my eye makeup without irritating my eyes! The only thing I would change is that they would offer this in a bottle with a pump. (maybe they do?) I highly recommend! (psst...the Wal-Mart dupe is identical, and much cheaper!)