October 25, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product smells great, has a nice consistency, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, but it breaks me out everytime I use it, and leaves a nasty film :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by msevie

I've started Cetaphil years ago. My dermatologist recommended and I've been using it on and off ever since. I used it the most during the winter months when my skin is dry. I have combo skin during the summer and dry during winter. My skin gets less oily during the cold season so I don't want to dry it out even more with a cleanser that suds up. Cetaphil is perfect for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Cetaphil is such a great cleanser...if u want to ruin your face. It made me break out and every pore on my face was a blackhead. How come is a "cleanser" if it doesn't take any makeup off my face ???????

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shallot

I bought this after my dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne prone skin. My skin was never extremely bad like some acne cases - I usually just got a few pimples on a regular basis. They'd get pretty red and angry looking and often hurt. When I first began using cetaphil, I didn't notice much difference - I was still getting the same amount of pimples and they were still pretty inflamed. I kept using it for a little while and then eventually stopped and switched to Proactiv (which also didn't help much). I eventually switched back to Cetaphil and I saw an improvement, though I was still getting pimples. After doing a bit of research, I decided to try Benzac in conjunction with the Cetaphil and I saw an almost instant improvement. My face felt a lot softer and I was noticing a lot less blemishes. Those that did appear were significantly smaller and less angry than when I was using just Cetaphil. I then started using witch-hazel toner as well. This is my HG combination - Cetaphil, witch-hazel and benzac + moisturiser.

I wouldn't use Cetaphil on its own again, but definitely in conjunction with my other HGs. I also use Cetaphil as an eye makeup remover and occasionally add some bi carb soda to make a face scrub. This is one of the few products I have actually had to repurchase and will be doing so for a long, long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Car63

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser was gentle all right, too gentle. For my acne prone, slightly oily/combo skin, I need a tougher cleanser. I wear makeup everyday, and this did not remove my makeup -- I had raccoon eyes. This cleanser seems like it would be great for very dry and/or sensitive skin. Does nothing for acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by susand

This is a mild all-purpose cleanser/conditioner for the skin.
I usually slather it on my dry face and then take a warm damp washcloth and lay it over my face. After a moment, I rub gently. Makeup comes off if you use it this way. Once or twice a week I pour a bit into my hand with some organic sugar and blend it into a scrub. Just scrub until the sugar dissolves. After rinsing, you face is baby smooth! I also leave a bit on the skin as directed on the bottle. I like the fact that it has no scent. It has lessened my rosacea-pink cheeks, too !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by selenevalerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it, i mix it with my proactive cleanser because i feel as if proactive by itself is too harsh. it makes a creamy combo. works well, leaves me feeling refreshed. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I began using this when I had a skin reaction that left my skin terribly irritated, blotchy, and overall sensitivity. This is gentle, no foam, feels like washing face with gel-like milk. This is not for those who likes their face to feel squeaky clean! I always feel a light film after washing it off, which I dislike but I stick with using this in the morning because it's gentle and non-irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mizzshannon

I've been using this cleanser in the liquid form form for a few months now. I am a dark skinned african american with mild acne (if it makes a difference). My normal routine is to rub this cleanser onto my face (wet or dry) in circular motions. Then I splash with warm/hot water and moisturize with Clean & Clear Dual-Action. My skin loves this combo.

I buy the big blue bottle from Target or Walgreens. I wish I could find it cheaper -- that's the only reason I took away one lippie. Although, my husband and I use it for a couple months at a time without running out, so it's still a good value. The packaging is functional and I'm satisfied because if it were any 'fancier' it would add $$ to the price, which would NOT be a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

I bought this in my recent visit to the US (end up spending 100 dollars in a pharmacy, now that's something that needs a lot of work!) anyway, I use this only in the morning and at night after I have cleansed my skin with a cream cleanser. Hounestly it does not remove makeup to save its life, but it does get rid of oils and residue without drying the skin. Good cleanser, very very cheap price but don't expect it to remove the makeup.