Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/7/2007 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this cleanser. I don't wear very much makeup. Only lotion with spf, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. I usually take off my eye makeup with a makeup remover. Then I wash my face in warm water with Cetaphil. I use 1 pump, add a little water, and lather in my hands before putting it to my face. I make sure to use warm water and thoroughly wash off all traces of the cleanser. It seems to work really well for some, clearing and balancing the skin, but not so well for others. For those of you who don't wear very much makeup, have sensitive combination skin, and want a gentle cleanser, this might be a good product to look into.

on 1/5/2007 12:43:00 PM

This cleanser is indeed very gentle on skin but it doesnt remove foundation makeup at all. It does remove light powder and mascara for me however I need to wash my face twice to get all the mascara off. My sensitive skin has had no reaction to this product. Does not leave your face feeling tight after cleansing. Okay product for those days you do not wear full makeup or great for morning wash.

I must echo the poster below, this is my HG for winter and for the mornings when my face is already clean. Preps my skin nicely for moisturizer and makeup without stripping...but still feels clean. I DON'T use this to remove makeup though...it does not dissolve makeup. Still, a great product, and a big pump like what I get at Costco lasts me a year. : )

on 1/4/2007 7:04:00 PM

I absolutely love Cetaphil. I use many of their products and this cleanser does just that without any unwanted after shocks. I have combo/oily skin and it doesn't break me out. In fact, it seems to be helping my acne along with my blemishes. Will be definitely continuing to use it.

This is a staple for me right now. I have combination/oily skin that has been breaking out after every product I use. Cetaphil saved it. The non-foaming, milky lather takes a bit of getting used to, however. I love that I can rub this on my face and wipe it off. No water required. Especially handy when you're too tired to put any effort into things during the evening. Leaves my skin soft and clear. My only problem is that it's a bit too moisturizing for my skin type and I still get a few spots now and then. But if you're in a skin emergency, give this a try.

on 1/2/2007 12:58:00 PM

This stuff is OK. I bought it for many years because it was the only thing that didn't make me break out on a regular basis. It wasn't too stripping, but not too oily either. However, it doesn't really clean well enough to actually get rid of breakouts when they DO happen. That was my major gripe about this stuff. I loved it as a teen. Now I've moved on to better, more effective things, and I'm not looking back.

on 1/1/2007 2:01:00 PM

I really like this! It really does a very good job of making my face feel clean. It never overdries either, and I have combination skin, mostly dry on the cheeks and chin with an oily T-zone. I only wish that the packaging were better. I wouldn't mind a pump for sure, but I guess the squeeze bottle is good in the shower.

on 12/31/2006 6:51:00 PM

Almost HG for winter month skin cleansing. Although I still don't think that it solves all of my skincare woes... I would admit that it is a gentle cleanser that does not strip my skin of moisture. I'm still on the hunt to find an effective cleanser that removes makeup and is not drying.

I understand how some people will be put off by the "film" that it leaves on ur skin. Personally, I like that aspect of it because that is the reason it's so gentle and moisturizing. I suffer from moderate acne, but take Roaccutane anyway to keep my skin clear (really works. its a miracle!). They dry my skin out severely though, and the only thing that keeps it from feeling irritating is washing it with this. I recommend it for accutane patients.

on 12/30/2006 8:49:00 AM

Slimey! Leaves a gross film on your skin no matter how well you rinse.

Video Reviews & Tutorials