MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 AM

I alternate this with Too-Faced Shadow Insurance as an eye primer. I really love Bare Study paint pot as it makes my bare lids look so pretty instantly! I love the sheen and the extra oomph it gives to my eyeshadows (: Works great as a highlighter too!

on 10/21/2009 7:38:00 AM

I use Bare Study as an eyeshadow base and it's great :) Goes on well and makes my eyeshadow stay on all day. It's a nice colour - it has a bit of shimmer to it as well.

Recommended and will repurchase.

on 10/19/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this pot! It was my very first pp, and I love it!! I love the jar, the screw lid, the color, the texture, everything!!

on 10/18/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another paintpot I have & it is also great for using as a base, but this one has more of a sheen/shimmery finish, unlike "soft ochre" or "painterly" paintpots. This paintpot is a great shimmery beige to put under any shadows. If you want extra shimmers on your already frosty shadow, go ahead; it amplifies it just much more. You can also use it to mix with other shadows to create another dupe of another color. Very versitile.

on 10/15/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like paint pots for the usual reasons of helping make eyeshadows more virant and increase staying power, which is the main reason why i gave 3 lippies. However this colour is too shimmery for me so i doubt il get as much use out of it as i had hoped. Il use it for more shimmery looks or as a highlight. Planning to get soft ochre as its more versatile. Dont plan to repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

so for me, this is rather expensive, but so worth it IMO. i didnt have any nude eyeshadows with shimmer, so i splurged and treated myself to this. its a very pretty beige with tons of golden shimmer, thats very obvious when you apply it to your lid. im a fan of a minimalistic makeup look, so i just use this on my lid, blend it out towards the corners a bit, and im done! this looks great with any lip color, but i prefer just chapstick. its a very, very pretty shade. also, a big plus is that it lasts all day. i just received this so i cant wait to try it with blacktrack fluidline for nights out, im sure it will complement it beautifully.

on 10/14/2009 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has far too much sheen/sparkle in it for my liking. Great for the younger Ladies though, I'm sure. I liked the way it went on (I applied it with a small flat brush) and it kept my eyeshadow in place all day (but this has never really been a problem for me), but the sheen was too over the top. I'm going to try MAC Soft Ochre PP as base for my eyeshadow now as it is matte, because apart from the sheen of Bare Study, the product itself worked well.

on 10/5/2009 7:52:00 AM

Love this pot paint as an eye shadow base. It's really "my lids but better" (NC25-30). It helps powder eyeshadow to show up more, and alst longer.

on 10/4/2009 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like many aspects of this product. It is a nice highlighter for the brow bone and it works as primer for eyeshadow for 8-11 hours, but then my eyeshadow begins to crease slightly.

It is pretty good overall, The color is pretty and it helps eyeshadow stay put for most of the day. But the texture leaves a few chunks of large glitter pieces. I will not repurchase but will use up what I have as I look for a more matte eyeshadow primer with a slightly smoother texture. This a pretty good product, but for the money I spend, I think I can find something even better.

on 9/28/2009 8:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

omg i love this as a highlight just under my brow bone it looks stunning and works with any colour, i like to wear it with brown shadows.........u can also use it under shadow and it will stay on all day, and you can wear it on its own if u dont have time to put all ur makeup on, i love this :)

Top Rated MAC Products