July 29, 2014 | 2136 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by somevelvetmorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

so for me, this is rather expensive, but so worth it IMO. i didnt have any nude eyeshadows with shimmer, so i splurged and treated myself to this. its a very pretty beige with tons of golden shimmer, thats very obvious when you apply it to your lid. im a fan of a minimalistic makeup look, so i just use this on my lid, blend it out towards the corners a bit, and im done! this looks great with any lip color, but i prefer just chapstick. its a very, very pretty shade. also, a big plus is that it lasts all day. i just received this so i cant wait to try it with blacktrack fluidline for nights out, im sure it will complement it beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has far too much sheen/sparkle in it for my liking. Great for the younger Ladies though, I'm sure. I liked the way it went on (I applied it with a small flat brush) and it kept my eyeshadow in place all day (but this has never really been a problem for me), but the sheen was too over the top. I'm going to try MAC Soft Ochre PP as base for my eyeshadow now as it is matte, because apart from the sheen of Bare Study, the product itself worked well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cat_italy

Love this pot paint as an eye shadow base. It's really "my lids but better" (NC25-30). It helps powder eyeshadow to show up more, and alst longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like many aspects of this product. It is a nice highlighter for the brow bone and it works as primer for eyeshadow for 8-11 hours, but then my eyeshadow begins to crease slightly.

It is pretty good overall, The color is pretty and it helps eyeshadow stay put for most of the day. But the texture leaves a few chunks of large glitter pieces. I will not repurchase but will use up what I have as I look for a more matte eyeshadow primer with a slightly smoother texture. This a pretty good product, but for the money I spend, I think I can find something even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by jod84

omg i love this as a highlight just under my brow bone it looks stunning and works with any colour, i like to wear it with brown shadows.........u can also use it under shadow and it will stay on all day, and you can wear it on its own if u dont have time to put all ur makeup on, i love this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This just doesn't do a whole lot for me. It's okay as a base, but for the price I'd rather just buy UDPP which is my HG base. It's absolutely gorgeous in the tin but on my eyelids (I'm NC15) all I can see is shimmer. Maybe my skin is too close to the color of the product? I don't know, but I was disappointed in this and won't be repurchasing. Also, I don't like the packaging. I almost have to apply this with my fingers because the texture is so solid, and every time I use it all I can think about is how unsanitary that is. Packaging aside, I'm just not crazy about this product. I will say, however, that it has great staying power and I can still see shimmer on my eyelids after a night out, so for someone for whom this shows up, it would likely be a great purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Bride949

Awesome as an e/s base or by itself, its a lovely nude champagne w/ light sparkle. over time it does dry a bit... but lasts a long time and is worth the money- i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first paint pot and I'm liking it! I was pretty set on getting Painterly but as some mentioned, it's matte. Also, like others, I went in looking for something I coud wear easily & quickly when I don't have time that would give my eyes a pop. This is it!

I do find it dries quickly, so if I don't spread it quickly enough it starts pulling right away. I suppose this is buildable but I just did a quick swipe and then I applied woodwinked (purchased at the same time) on the the lids only and voila - I'm done!

I will still get Painterly for the matte look and I may start looking at other colors later!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This is one of my favorite paint pots. I got this just because it's such a pretty nude shimmer paint pot and it is great to wear alone. When I'm in a hurry to school I usually just wear this alone for a subtle shimmer on my eyelids and it's perfect. It has a subtle glow on the lids and it's great for day time wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:44:00 AM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UGH, it looked soooo beautiful on the pot and on my hand when i tested out the color, but on my lids, it looked blah. the shimmer made me look like i'm 70 years old. i'm not even kidding you. also it was soooo dry when i first opened it and it was sooo hard to get on my finger and finally i got it on my finger and it was sooo hard to spread on my eye lids. so glad i exchanged this for painterly. would not repurchase.