BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 1/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

I bought the Benefit To Go Bestsellers Mini kit...and thank God I didn't go for the full sized product. I was very dissapointed with this product, as well as two of the other three in the set.

This was way too wet and didn't do a darned thing when applied. I gave it to my sister who loves Benefit products rather than throw it out. I never would have given this any more tries than the two I gave it.

Full sized product is expensive, especially for a product that is essentially useless.

on 1/23/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this primer. I would have never tried it if I hadn't seen swatches on the internet of it on a woman with similar coloring as me. It's pink for crying out loud! But once you blend it away, it just disappears like magic! I let a friend of mine with pale skin and lots of redness on her cheeks try this primer and all the redness just faded away.

I mostly use it on the apples of my cheeks underneath my blush (usually NARS Orgasm, sometimes Laura Geller's Blush-n-Brighten in Sunswept) and it helps my blush stay brighter longer. Sometimes when I've had a late night or just looking extra dull I apply a thin layer all over my face. It brightens up my face without looking shimmery or glittery, just fresh and awake.

My only dislike is that I can't tell how much product is left in the "glue stick". It's a sad day when all I hear is "click click click" and nothing comes out the top. Actually, that just happened to be yesterday... gotta go pick up another stick!

There is a slight advantage to the glue stick container though. I carry it in my purse everywhere I go and I never have to worry about it squeezing open and spilling everywhere!

I love this product! Though I don't use it as a foundation primer (I actually use Smashbox Photo Finish daily under my foundation), a great makeup artist at Ulta showed me his favorite way to use it. After putting on my Photo Finish and then foundation (usually a mineral one), I then pat just a bit of this on the apples of my cheeks. Let it set for about 30 seconds, then use an all over sheer blush/bronzer-type product (for ex, Benefit's Dandelion or Coralista) on top and the That Gal will really make the sheer color show up better and stay on longer. After that, I just do a bit of a regular blush if I feel like I need any more color. I agree that it doesn't really do well as an all over foundation primer, but for making blush or all-over color "stick," this is a great product!

on 1/21/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a lovely primer :) I only started wearing primer about 8 months ago- and it reeally makes a difference to your makeup lasting and look etc.... My Holy Grail primer is Rimmel Fix + perfect, Im particularly fond of cream primer as opposed to matte/gel one's becuase they just feel off on my skin and suck the moisture right out of it. Anywho, I received a mini size of this in a swap- I have no idea how much the full size costs, although I hear its expensive and comes in packaging similar to a glue stick. Anywho, I love this! it glides on my skin smoothly, and lightly mattifies and actually brightens my skin a bit. That being said, it basically does the same job as my Rimmel primer- so I don't think I will be repurchasing this. I do love this though!

on 1/20/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This is on my long list of primers that don't do squat. This maybe gave me a "glow" but that never showed through my foundation.

on 1/18/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've never really felt the need to use primers. Somehow, a few years ago the BeneFit sales lady talked me into buying it. I never use it, but decided to try it out today. After I put it on, and after I put some mineral m/u on, it kinda started to ball up and come off. Maybe I put too much on.

When you first apply it, you get kind of a nice pink glow, but I feel like that kinda disappears when you put m/u on over it.

This is definitely a product that I don't need and never use.

on 1/17/2010 9:49:00 PM

This primer gives my skin a very soft and clean feeling. I'm not too sure if it "brightens" like it says it does, but it is a very good primer. The only downfall is that I wish I could see how much product was left in the packaging.

on 1/13/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a NW15 with pretty normal skin, and I don't think this really did anything for me. I use it under BE mineral foundation, and if anything it just added a bit of shimmer. I think this might be good for people with dry skin who have a hard time looking dewy/glowy, but for me it was a wash. The packaging is fun, but you have no clue how much product you have left. I don't think I'll be buying this again.

on 1/12/2010 2:17:00 PM

I was so surprised by this primer! I am very fair with some redness in my cheeks that i am always at war with. I would never, ever have purchased a pink primer for this reason. Since i had a free sample i gave it a shot and was very pleased!
I had a nice glow and the smoothest finish. I didn't turn pink at all. I put on my foundation over it and it glided on.
I have been battling dryness in my cheek area and most primers exacerbate this, but not this one. Not a single flake on my cheeks at bedtime.
I will definitely buy this in full size once i finish the ones i have.

on 1/11/2010 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is very pink hued. I am very pale and the product blended in nicely leaving behind a sheer dewy glow. My foundation glided on smoothly. After I applied powder on top to set my foundation, I found that I just didn't love the finish. Perhaps it's my very fair skin tone, or that I have pink/red undertones on my face, but the primer seemed to accent my facial flaws. I have a little bit of a shiny t-zone, but the rest of my skin tends to be a little on the dry side. After a few hours my t-zone was quite shiny, and I decided this primer is definitely not for me. I think this product would be great for someone with less facial flaws and dryer skin. Also, I really liked the packaging! Was very easy to get just the right amount.