BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 1/25/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have to say that I really like this primer. As a face brightening primer, I think it works well enough. The product is a pink-toned liquid primer that goes on translucent with a slight sheen. I think the "brightening" aspect of this primer might be a tad overblown. It was barely noticeable under my Este Lauder Double Wear Light, Lancome Tiente Idole Ultra, MAC Studio Fix, and Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous (all sheer to medium natural to matte finish foundations). However, it was a glowing, dewy, shiny mess under my NARS Sheer Glow. Sheer Glow worked great with my other primers, but not so much with this one. I guess there was just too much brightening going on.

All brightening nonsense aside, this stuff is GREAT for keeping makeup in place and helping it last all day which is what any and all primers should do in my opinion. I feel like this primer extended the wear and aided in the application of all of my foundations except the NARS Sheer Glow. I can't give an honest opinion on that, as I removed that mess less than a hour after having it on.

The product comes in a tube with a twist-up dispenser type set-up. I find that, while odd, I don't mind the way the product is dispensed. I can get just enough without wasting any product. I often find that pumps give me too much/too little and inevitably product is wasted. Not so with this. The smell is like nothing else out there... just like baby aspirin as someone else mentioned... weird, but not awful.

I have lots of different primers that I'm trying to work my way through, but I think this one will be something that I repurchase. It does a great job with the foundations that I most often use and I can't ask for more than that!

on 1/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

I bought the Benefit To Go Bestsellers Mini kit...and thank God I didn't go for the full sized product. I was very dissapointed with this product, as well as two of the other three in the set.

This was way too wet and didn't do a darned thing when applied. I gave it to my sister who loves Benefit products rather than throw it out. I never would have given this any more tries than the two I gave it.

Full sized product is expensive, especially for a product that is essentially useless.

on 1/23/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this primer. I would have never tried it if I hadn't seen swatches on the internet of it on a woman with similar coloring as me. It's pink for crying out loud! But once you blend it away, it just disappears like magic! I let a friend of mine with pale skin and lots of redness on her cheeks try this primer and all the redness just faded away.

I mostly use it on the apples of my cheeks underneath my blush (usually NARS Orgasm, sometimes Laura Geller's Blush-n-Brighten in Sunswept) and it helps my blush stay brighter longer. Sometimes when I've had a late night or just looking extra dull I apply a thin layer all over my face. It brightens up my face without looking shimmery or glittery, just fresh and awake.

My only dislike is that I can't tell how much product is left in the "glue stick". It's a sad day when all I hear is "click click click" and nothing comes out the top. Actually, that just happened to be yesterday... gotta go pick up another stick!

There is a slight advantage to the glue stick container though. I carry it in my purse everywhere I go and I never have to worry about it squeezing open and spilling everywhere!

I love this product! Though I don't use it as a foundation primer (I actually use Smashbox Photo Finish daily under my foundation), a great makeup artist at Ulta showed me his favorite way to use it. After putting on my Photo Finish and then foundation (usually a mineral one), I then pat just a bit of this on the apples of my cheeks. Let it set for about 30 seconds, then use an all over sheer blush/bronzer-type product (for ex, Benefit's Dandelion or Coralista) on top and the That Gal will really make the sheer color show up better and stay on longer. After that, I just do a bit of a regular blush if I feel like I need any more color. I agree that it doesn't really do well as an all over foundation primer, but for making blush or all-over color "stick," this is a great product!

on 1/21/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a lovely primer :) I only started wearing primer about 8 months ago- and it reeally makes a difference to your makeup lasting and look etc.... My Holy Grail primer is Rimmel Fix + perfect, Im particularly fond of cream primer as opposed to matte/gel one's becuase they just feel off on my skin and suck the moisture right out of it. Anywho, I received a mini size of this in a swap- I have no idea how much the full size costs, although I hear its expensive and comes in packaging similar to a glue stick. Anywho, I love this! it glides on my skin smoothly, and lightly mattifies and actually brightens my skin a bit. That being said, it basically does the same job as my Rimmel primer- so I don't think I will be repurchasing this. I do love this though!

on 1/20/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This is on my long list of primers that don't do squat. This maybe gave me a "glow" but that never showed through my foundation.

on 1/18/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've never really felt the need to use primers. Somehow, a few years ago the BeneFit sales lady talked me into buying it. I never use it, but decided to try it out today. After I put it on, and after I put some mineral m/u on, it kinda started to ball up and come off. Maybe I put too much on.

When you first apply it, you get kind of a nice pink glow, but I feel like that kinda disappears when you put m/u on over it.

This is definitely a product that I don't need and never use.

on 1/17/2010 9:49:00 PM

This primer gives my skin a very soft and clean feeling. I'm not too sure if it "brightens" like it says it does, but it is a very good primer. The only downfall is that I wish I could see how much product was left in the packaging.

on 1/13/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a NW15 with pretty normal skin, and I don't think this really did anything for me. I use it under BE mineral foundation, and if anything it just added a bit of shimmer. I think this might be good for people with dry skin who have a hard time looking dewy/glowy, but for me it was a wash. The packaging is fun, but you have no clue how much product you have left. I don't think I'll be buying this again.

on 1/12/2010 2:17:00 PM

I was so surprised by this primer! I am very fair with some redness in my cheeks that i am always at war with. I would never, ever have purchased a pink primer for this reason. Since i had a free sample i gave it a shot and was very pleased!
I had a nice glow and the smoothest finish. I didn't turn pink at all. I put on my foundation over it and it glided on.
I have been battling dryness in my cheek area and most primers exacerbate this, but not this one. Not a single flake on my cheeks at bedtime.
I will definitely buy this in full size once i finish the ones i have.

Popular Primer/ Correctors