September 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

initial thought on this product was that i wasn't going to like it. it's pink and it has shimmers, and i like a very matte looking face so i was not pleased when i saw this. however, after i sucked it up and just put it on my face i fell in love and was completely sold on the product. it makes my skin look lively without taking away my matte finish -- dewy you would say. this keeps my makeup on ALL DAY, i was very surprised at that. the full fize container is cute, kinda looks like a glue stick, and the smell is also very pleasant. it is pricey, but a little bit of this product goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Vaughn1999

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Do 1/2 your face with and 1/2 without then look in a mirror. Hard to describe but just a really nice finish. It does seem to keep my makeup on a bit longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Magigi2416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say that I got a bizillion samples of this product, so I never used the full-sized tube. I don't know if I'm going to ever purchase it because I don't use it as a face primer. Here's what I do : when I get horrible dark circles, I apply That Gal right on there, then i put my fdnt on, followed by concealer. Et voilà ! No more dark circles around my eyes. I have acne-prone and very sensitive skin and whenever i try something new on my face, it freaks out and i get 534980 pimples and rashes, plus it's not oil-free. If i can still manage to get a sample every time i go to my BeneFit counter, i'll never buy it full-sized cause i don't need that much - about a drop-. So the price isn't really a problem for me haha. I'm sure it would look amazing on your face, though. Give it a try !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ColetteCD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews here and the common thread for those who are most dissatisfied seems to be that they want it to control oil. I can imagine this product would not be good for that. I, on the other hand, have dry skin and I love it. When you have dry skin it is hard to get it to 'glow' and sometimes makeup can look cakey. That Gal keeps that from happening to me. I really like the youthful glow that it gives me.

If I am using my Laura Mercier mineral foundation, I do also use her primer over this one (I still get that glow and the right primer for the minerals to grab on to). If I'm just using my Gemma Kidd tinted moisturizer, then I use this one alone.

I agree that the price is hefty for what you get. However, I can't argue with the results that I get.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabyblue

I actually love this product, I don't really use it as a primer to prolong my foundation or for oil control though.
My skin type is on the dry side and I like to either wear it underneath my foundation or mix it with You Rebel Lite tinted moisturiser on dry skin days.
I do work at a Benefit counter but I never introduce this primer for oil control purposes because that's not really the purpose of the product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample tube of this in a kit and was excited to try it. I sorta have a primer fetish and I've liked other Benefit products I've purchased in the past. However, this product was pretty disappointing. It doesn't particularly brighten and does nothing to prevent oil from accumulating on my face. All in all, I wouldn't reccomend this product. Perhaps it would work for someone with dry skin? Even so, there are better primers on the market for the money. I'm also not a fan of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by dewilot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this product - i LOVE the way it looks when i first put it on, my skin looks bright and dewy however i HATE it as the make up artist at the benefit counter sold it to me as great oil control primer, i have REALLY oily skin and after literally half an hour of having applied That Gal my skin starts to look not 'glowing' but a yucky oily mess! I really really want to love this product but its just a bit of a no go for super oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I have light medium skin with a bit of pinkish yellow undertones (NW20-25) and I can't say that this primer brightened my skin at all. In fact, I think it failed as a primer in every aspect. It smells quite strongly for an all over face product, it didn't help my makeup last (compared to other primers) and it's needlessly expensive. It's really one of those heavily marketed products with very little pay off. The only good thing I can say is that it helped the tiniest bit with oil control on my t-zone, but by so little, I may have imagined it in my high hopes for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tashaynn98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this for its brightening effects, I see absolutely no difference in my skin when I use this, nor does it make my makeup go on any more smoothly. I'm glad I only got samples, instead of shelling out for a tube! I'm also not a fan of the smell -- it reminds me of fruity baby aspirin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but I enjoy this product alot. It brightens my face when I use this under my foundation because It evens out the sallowness and darkness I have under my eyes, around the nose and mouth. It doesnt make my face oily. I am put off by the fruity bubble gum smell.