April 19, 2014 | 1767 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabyblue

I actually love this product, I don't really use it as a primer to prolong my foundation or for oil control though.
My skin type is on the dry side and I like to either wear it underneath my foundation or mix it with You Rebel Lite tinted moisturiser on dry skin days.
I do work at a Benefit counter but I never introduce this primer for oil control purposes because that's not really the purpose of the product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample tube of this in a kit and was excited to try it. I sorta have a primer fetish and I've liked other Benefit products I've purchased in the past. However, this product was pretty disappointing. It doesn't particularly brighten and does nothing to prevent oil from accumulating on my face. All in all, I wouldn't reccomend this product. Perhaps it would work for someone with dry skin? Even so, there are better primers on the market for the money. I'm also not a fan of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by dewilot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this product - i LOVE the way it looks when i first put it on, my skin looks bright and dewy however i HATE it as the make up artist at the benefit counter sold it to me as great oil control primer, i have REALLY oily skin and after literally half an hour of having applied That Gal my skin starts to look not 'glowing' but a yucky oily mess! I really really want to love this product but its just a bit of a no go for super oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I have light medium skin with a bit of pinkish yellow undertones (NW20-25) and I can't say that this primer brightened my skin at all. In fact, I think it failed as a primer in every aspect. It smells quite strongly for an all over face product, it didn't help my makeup last (compared to other primers) and it's needlessly expensive. It's really one of those heavily marketed products with very little pay off. The only good thing I can say is that it helped the tiniest bit with oil control on my t-zone, but by so little, I may have imagined it in my high hopes for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tashaynn98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this for its brightening effects, I see absolutely no difference in my skin when I use this, nor does it make my makeup go on any more smoothly. I'm glad I only got samples, instead of shelling out for a tube! I'm also not a fan of the smell -- it reminds me of fruity baby aspirin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but I enjoy this product alot. It brightens my face when I use this under my foundation because It evens out the sallowness and darkness I have under my eyes, around the nose and mouth. It doesnt make my face oily. I am put off by the fruity bubble gum smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jojojo123

I LOVE THIS!!!!! It allows for an easy coverage/blending of foundation and gives a glow....also you only need a little to do a lot and it lasts a long time and it has a moisturizing effect on dry skin...without making makeup shine!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite primer, hands down. I have oily skin and worried that it would just make me look shiny, but somehow I end up looking glowy, not oily. That Gal minimizes my pores and gives the prettiest subtle-yet-noticeable glow. Some days, I have to be at school very early, and this is the one thing that makes me look awake and ready to go. Plus, I think my cheeks look great in pictures! I love the packaging, but I wish it weren't opaque with a sticker around the center because I'd like to be able to see how much product I have left. Yes, it probably is too expensive, but I'm sure it'll last a very long time, and there's always eBay!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

I don't like this stuff. It goes on well, but after a while, I am very aware of it being on. It makes my skin feel oily as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by PameIa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been so disappointed with the BeneFit line! I am willing to pay for expensive makeup, but it HAS to be worth it, a huge difference from anything else that I can get for cheaper. This was a bust. My skin is moderately clear, and VERY oily, and I was needing something to control the oil so my foundation didn't get goopy and gross by the end of the day. There was no oil control, there was no change in how my makeup looked or how it went on, this was really just an additional layer of 'stuff' I put on during my makeup routine. I hated that it didn't work, I loved the smell of it, it was so fresh and sweet, and the packaging was really cute. But scent and packaging aren't worth much if the product sucks!!