September 3, 2014 | 932 users online

Mascara - Revlon - 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by fosterkr

I used to love the revlon colorstay mascara, but I guess that got discontinued. I decided to give revlon a try again, and I love this mascara! I read all the bad revies it got, but I beg to differ. The first couple of times I just put the mascara on normally, and it was ok, nothing great. But today I read the back of the packaging, and applied the mascara the recommended way. Now I LOVE this mascara. It really looks 100 times better when you put it on the way the directions say. My short, and thin lashes look longer, and fuller. A lot of the product does come out on the wand, but like I said...follow the directions, and all will be good. Be brave. Oh, and I don't have a problem with this smearing, smudging, or flaking off. This is definitely a great buy for a cheapie, drugstore mascara. It's better than the more expensive, makeup counter, department store brands I've recently purchased!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I LOVE the brush and I dig the chrome packaging. The brush may take a little practice to get used to, it's a little funky...after I learned how to wield it I considered cleaning it off and using it with my HG. 3D does add length and volume but the problem I have is the formula: the spidery, fibrous look that this gives lashes (Revlonís Fabulash does this on me too), and the flaking. I didnít even keep this on long enough to see how it wore throughout the day. At around $8 regularly priced, this isnít cheap for a d/s mascara and is going back as a return. Sorry Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mascaraglosslippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this on in Watsons and I immediately loved it. Sure, it had a weird shaped wand and too much product came out, but that can be solved by wiping it on a tissue. It gave me long, dramatic eyelashes that looked ALMOST too good to be real.
Great mascara. Don't understand the terrible reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by wannashine

Uck-I am such a sucker for ads! This is the worst mascara I have ever used. It comes out as a big glop-the wand has barely any bristles. At first I thought I'd gotten a bad one but, after reading the other reviews I realized that's just how they made it. I swear this idea came from the CEOs nephew who was hitting the crackpipe a little too hard and either likes his women loose or likes to look like a loose woman. Come on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by itseternity

Do not disregard this mascara based on the poor reviews here!! This is the best mascara that I have ever used, usually it takes me a few tries before I like a new mascara but this was fantastic! My lashes are naturally quite long so I like to thicken and lengthen, this product delivers fantastically. There is quite a lot of product on the brush so apply with a light hand and build up. Use the brush as recommended and you will have fantastic lashes, the first day I wore it to work a coworker asked "Are they your real lashes?? They're soo long!" Enough said!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Bekll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh... I bought this and it SUCKS. Please don't fall for the commercials!! There's so much product and even if you wipe it off it leaves clumps on your lashes. It *may* lengthen, but I think it's an illusion from all the junk that's on there. Turns out, my mother bought them too - a two for one deal - and she hates it! She gave me the extra and I don't know what to do with it. I can't give it away - this mascara is too horrible for anyone to use!

~~update~~

I changed the rating from one to two. I did keep the second and prefer the black brown over the blackest black. TO MAKE THIS WORK: Wipe off almost all excess and carefully apply to lashes over and over.

It still doesn't get a good rating because it can smudge, flakes early on, and doesn't lengthen or fatten the lashes. It's poor quality. It CAN work if you spend a few minutes with it, but in the end your look is only decent and for about two hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaM

This is the worse mascara I've ever used. Every time I tried it, I had to clean the brush before using it. Perhaps I got a bad batch. Even if you can get past the fact you need to clean the brush prior to applying, you are left with very mediocre mascara that doesn't lengthen or build mush volume. Paula Begoun gave this rave reviews and I was very disappointed. Revlon Fabulash is much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is horrible mascara. The brush comes out with a wad of mascara on it, and I have to clean it up before I can even use it, which being lazy, makes me irritated. It's too thick and doesn't evenly coat. Very disappointed, and I won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by enialennyl

Used once. My lashes looked awful. Think spider lashes. The worst clumps ever! Terrible formula. Would not buy again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MandyBayou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a let down.
First time i used it, it was kind of good...huge false looking lashes. But each time i would use it, it started to clump and clump into this mess, that i had to comb through with another mascara.
Another thing..it's a tiny little tube, it feels like theres nothing inside. and so much comes out per use that i wouldn't be surprised it lasted 2 weeks