July 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by D1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you're looking for something that is VERY easy to apply and provides medium coverage, Laura Mercier's mineral makeup is a great option.

This makeup has a very natural look and also feels light on your skin. I also agree with previous posts that Laura Mercier's mineral makeup is 1000 times better than Bare Minerals. I found the makeup itself to be finer than Bare Minerals and it also didn't leave a cakey like appearance on my skin.

Although it is expensive, the jar itself lasts for a while. Each application doesn't require much product, so paying roughly $45 up front will last you more than a month and a half.

What I really love about this makeup is that it's practically fool proof (so long and you purchase the right color) and so easy to apply. With the right brush, you could apply this makeup without a mirror in the dark and come out with an even and perfect complexion.

For anyone who may be new to makeup or has never been able to apply foundation evenly, give this a try. It's just way too easy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by isabelheitmeier

This lovely product is getting me so addicted!

I have oily and sensitive skin, with bad quality make up product I can see pimples growing in a week. With the invention of mineral foundation which emphasize on "healthy skin" and "natural ingredients", I chose the brand with 5 star in foundation production - Laura Mercier.

At first I thought powder foundation would have minimum coverage, it turned out to be really good! It's light texture, medium coverage, natural looking, it literally just melts into your skin!

Tips: a good powder brush is crucial.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by deblog

I love this foundation! It is a superior product to Bare Minerals - this just seems more translucent than Bare Minerals but still gives great coverage. Plus the colors matched me much better and I didn't have to buy two colors and mix but that's just luck. I fully expect to have to mix colors to get it right. As recommended, I use the powder primer, then the foundation, and a small amount of the mineral finishing powder. I use LM primer brush for the primer, a Kabuki brush to apply the foundation, and a power brush for the power. Spring for the right brushes they make all the difference in the application. For the winter I use a moisturizer underneath it all (Dermologica Active Moist). In Summer I use a mattifying Gel (right now it's Dermalogica mediBac Oil Control Lotion with a bit of Active Moist). I find using all of the recommended products makes this a successful product for me. While initially it is expensive the finshing powder will last forever so you'll only be replacing the foundation and primer and they last a long time. I do use a dab of Mac blot powder later in the day if I feel oily but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingenious packaging. Why all mineral make-up manufacturers don't package their product like this I don't know! However, as for the make-up itself, I hated it. It's incredibly shine-inducing minimal-coverage powder. Perhaps, it could look luminous as a finishing powder to a full make-up look or as sun protection over a non-spf foundation, but those possible uses hardly make this expensive product a must buy. I also recommend not to go near this make-up if you have even slightly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by amysten7

First of all, the first time I wore this I got a compliment from my boyfriend on how great I looked. Now some of you may get compliments all the time, but my BF is not one to be freely dispensing warm fuzzies!!

This product is genius compared to other mineral foundations. The container has a partial sifter instead of the whole top dispensing product which is fantastic. It goes on easily, doesn't settle into pores like BM and looks like you have flawless skin all day. If you have oily skin I recommend blotting papers for afternoon rather than applying more product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mbat

just bought this today and love it a lot. i've tried MAC and JI powders and didn't like. MAC-color was too hard too match. JI-looked cakey after hours of wear. You really need to go to a counter and try the colors as they are limited and i'm pale but the vanilla looked white. i ended up with real sand and it's nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mineral powder. I like the finish of it and the "buildability." However, the color selection needs a work. Especially in the warmer shades. The shade that is warm or for ggg shows up slightly grey on the skin. Packaging and price are not bad. But I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cartersmom

LM is generally my favorite line, but I strayed to Jane Iredale when I started wearing MMU. JI is a nice line but I hate the fact that the items travel terribly-blushes, eyeshadows all crumble if jostled in a makeup bag because there is little to hold them together. Okay-I'm getting there....This MMU is excellent because: (1) it looks entirely natural on the skin, doesn't look dry or matte; (2) color selection is lovely with varied neutral tones, and not overly yellow or pink like JI (I have Real Sand; (3) it covers my redness without looking like I am wearing makep; and (4) it meshes imperceptibly with your own skin but with great coverage, making you feel like you are wearing nothing. The packaging is superb because its a shaker type bottle, so no mess and waste of product.

For reference, after giving up on JI I looked at liquid fnds in Chanel, BB, Trish McEvoy, LM Creme and moisturizing, Smashbox, Lorac, and also Bare Escentuals. I got testers that lasted for several days of each and none cover as well AND look as natural as the LM MMU. I plan to stick with this one (if I can stop my wandering eye!) because it works great and is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Andio

I bought this some time ago and used it, but since my skin can get dry I thought that maybe this made me look older than I really am. I put it under the sink. Anyway just got the LM brush and pulled this out; wow what a difference it made in the application and wear of this powder. I wore it on a Saturday and boy it really looked natural. It covered all of my little red blemish marks and it did not settle in my pores or lines. This is a great powder with spf 15. I am loving it. Please use the right brush it makes the powder so much better!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by fancylady103

I really really really wanted to love this but unfortunately the product was not right for me. There were some things that I did like about the product like the container as well as the coverage it gave. It also did not make me break out which is always a plus. The makeup is not cheap by any means but I feel that you get a good amount for the price. Now the cons.... One thing that I really didn't like was the chalky matte look it gave me. I never saw that " pearlescent " glow it was supposed to give. I bought the shade Tender rose and although I felt it matched my skin tone it did not give me the healthy look I expected. I also did not like the way it settled into my pores. I had read similar reviews before buying and never had a problem with other mineral make ups so i thought it was just the person but indeed it did make my pores stand out. Unfortunately I had to return this one. I guess I will be going back to my BE, it's not perfect but it's been better for me than anything else i've tried. If your thinking about trying it I say go ahead because it seems like there are a lot of positive reviews, just buy it at Sephora where it can be returned.