April 18, 2014 | 1862 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by amysten7

First of all, the first time I wore this I got a compliment from my boyfriend on how great I looked. Now some of you may get compliments all the time, but my BF is not one to be freely dispensing warm fuzzies!!

This product is genius compared to other mineral foundations. The container has a partial sifter instead of the whole top dispensing product which is fantastic. It goes on easily, doesn't settle into pores like BM and looks like you have flawless skin all day. If you have oily skin I recommend blotting papers for afternoon rather than applying more product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mbat

just bought this today and love it a lot. i've tried MAC and JI powders and didn't like. MAC-color was too hard too match. JI-looked cakey after hours of wear. You really need to go to a counter and try the colors as they are limited and i'm pale but the vanilla looked white. i ended up with real sand and it's nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mineral powder. I like the finish of it and the "buildability." However, the color selection needs a work. Especially in the warmer shades. The shade that is warm or for ggg shows up slightly grey on the skin. Packaging and price are not bad. But I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cartersmom

LM is generally my favorite line, but I strayed to Jane Iredale when I started wearing MMU. JI is a nice line but I hate the fact that the items travel terribly-blushes, eyeshadows all crumble if jostled in a makeup bag because there is little to hold them together. Okay-I'm getting there....This MMU is excellent because: (1) it looks entirely natural on the skin, doesn't look dry or matte; (2) color selection is lovely with varied neutral tones, and not overly yellow or pink like JI (I have Real Sand; (3) it covers my redness without looking like I am wearing makep; and (4) it meshes imperceptibly with your own skin but with great coverage, making you feel like you are wearing nothing. The packaging is superb because its a shaker type bottle, so no mess and waste of product.

For reference, after giving up on JI I looked at liquid fnds in Chanel, BB, Trish McEvoy, LM Creme and moisturizing, Smashbox, Lorac, and also Bare Escentuals. I got testers that lasted for several days of each and none cover as well AND look as natural as the LM MMU. I plan to stick with this one (if I can stop my wandering eye!) because it works great and is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Andio

I bought this some time ago and used it, but since my skin can get dry I thought that maybe this made me look older than I really am. I put it under the sink. Anyway just got the LM brush and pulled this out; wow what a difference it made in the application and wear of this powder. I wore it on a Saturday and boy it really looked natural. It covered all of my little red blemish marks and it did not settle in my pores or lines. This is a great powder with spf 15. I am loving it. Please use the right brush it makes the powder so much better!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by fancylady103

I really really really wanted to love this but unfortunately the product was not right for me. There were some things that I did like about the product like the container as well as the coverage it gave. It also did not make me break out which is always a plus. The makeup is not cheap by any means but I feel that you get a good amount for the price. Now the cons.... One thing that I really didn't like was the chalky matte look it gave me. I never saw that " pearlescent " glow it was supposed to give. I bought the shade Tender rose and although I felt it matched my skin tone it did not give me the healthy look I expected. I also did not like the way it settled into my pores. I had read similar reviews before buying and never had a problem with other mineral make ups so i thought it was just the person but indeed it did make my pores stand out. Unfortunately I had to return this one. I guess I will be going back to my BE, it's not perfect but it's been better for me than anything else i've tried. If your thinking about trying it I say go ahead because it seems like there are a lot of positive reviews, just buy it at Sephora where it can be returned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was curious about texture and overall look of Mineral Powders, not keen on most brands I decided to give my beloved Laura Mercier's a try.

For reference, I'm using "Tender Rose".

What I like most about this texture is that it gives a semi-matte finish with a natural inner glow due to the pearl powder in its composition. I apply it with a powder brush for a natural finish and one of the things that I appreciate is that it doesn't look cakey or powdery. It doesn't oxidize on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. This product definitely made me curious about the powder primer and finishing veil as well. Another win for Laura Mercier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

When I first tried this I loved it. I tried Bare Minerals and it gave my skin a really strange metallic look to it, I tried Sheer Coverage--gag--yuck. This has light medium coverage that gives you a flawless glowing look. It feels light, it wears all day without turning orange (a la BM). The packaging is genius--a proper sifter keeps the powder in place. I just love this--my skin has NEVER looked this good with any other product. It doesn't rub off, it doesn't get cakey, it doesn't emphasize pores like other MMU's do. I was truly amazed that my skin could look this flawless and perfect! That said, it is expensive--$10 more then BM but $10 less then Laura's TM (My liquid HG!). I would like to try the primer and finishing powder sometime but I feel I don't need it at this point--plus I don't wanna spend another $60 for it. I also would like more color choices. If you like MMU you have to try this--you will NEVER look back.

EDIT: After about 3 months of happy use, the same old thing happened as it did with BE, all of a sudden it started to itch the crap out of my face!!! My face turned red, itchy, burning and blotchy and i had to take it off immediately! It is so weird. Its like a rash on my face! I wipe it off and the redness goes away. Not sure why this happens but this lowers my rating to a 3. Not a HG if I have to stop using it when the dish is 3/4 full still! God this SUCKS! I am now trying Lancome's. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rosemont85

I've been using this for a couple of years now and it always gives me incredibly beautiful, light coverage which is all I need for my skin. I've used it for everything from classes to parties and everyone thinks my skin just looks naturally flawless. The last time I wore a foundation of mine was almost 2 years ago for a wedding, it was Chanel's Double Perfection but I no longer use heavy formulas/foundations on my skin after finally realizing that I never needed them. This mineral powder with SPF 15 feels so nice when applied and still lets my skin breathe. By the way, years ago, around 2003, I bought Bare Minerals and thought it was truly awful. It made my tan skin look orange in tint, created unevenness, and felt heavier than this powder. I highly recommend this product and to also use Laura Mercier cheek colours/powders with it, they create a gorgeous look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by aelizabethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try mineral powder because my TM in the SW Florida summer heat and humidity was sometimes causing my face to "melt off" by early afternoon. Before buying this mineral powder I tried Bare Minerals, which I wasn't a huge fan of because by mid afternoon I could see every pore in my t-zone...which just isn't a good look for me. So I bought this and the first day I really liked it and my friend kept telling me how great my complexion looked, which of course boosted the initial rating. After using it for about a week straight I started to notice the same issue with the enlargement of pores by mid afternoon, although I will say it was no where near as bad or visible as with the BM.
It did not break out my sensitive skin, it did a good job of evening out my skintone, it's easy to use and although I wasn't 100% oil-free, it didn't increase oiliness and didn't leave me with an oil slick on my face mid-day.
The packaging is really great. It comes in the normal LM loose powder container, but it has a window slider thing that allows you to close off the holes to prevent powder from coming through and making it easy to travel with.
The cost is average and right in line with the rest of the LM line, although I do think at $35 for a rather large container it is a little less than a lot of other brands which is a pleasant surprise.
I really love Laura Mercier products and overall I do think this is a good product; however, I don't think mineral powder works with my skin type (fair/light combo skin, with oilier t-zone). I will continue to use this product intermitantly, but not every day so as to prevent the enlarged pores issue.