August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister uses this and loves it so I wanted to give it a try. It turns out my perfect match is tender rose. I just use the tiniest bit so I think the jar will last forever. A kabuki brush gives a heavier finish so I use a skunk or a softer bronzer brush to apply for lighter coverage. The powder makes my skin look flawless and soft.
It took me a long time to try mineral makeup out because I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated or dry but Laura Mercier mmu doesn't bother it in the least.
So far I have just used the mineral powder and have yet to try a primer or a finishing powder with it, but am looking forward to doing so.
ETA: Changed the rating from 5 to 4, if I use this daily my face gets itchy and little bumps appear, I guess my skin is sensitive to the bismuth like others have mentioned. Still looks lovely on if I don't wear too many days in a row

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow. One of the best mineral powders I've tried hands down. It makes my face look flawless and natural and I just feel so naturally beautiful wearing it!! It's got these pearly, soft, finishing effect. Just imagine your skin in a photo, and when u applied this mineral, it's as if someone slightly blurred ur skin using photoshop. HAHA hope this makes sense. It's water-proof too, i went to swim in the beach and the powder still stays on!! As for staying power, it's not too bad - but you do need to reapply after 4-5 hours. Now am trying Revlon's colorstay - and the staying power is AMAZING. If i need more coverage - i just lightly brush LM powder over the top and i get this soft-focused natural look !! Love you LM!!!
UPDATE: I just finished the powder, and didn't buy it again (I bought Chanel mat lumiere instead) because I noticed that my face gets so dry and itchy after application. It contains some bismuth oxy. so maybe that's the reason why. I get clogged pores with it as well. The colour did match my skin well before, but somehow the colour changed overtime, it looked dark on my skin (as if i was using bronzer all over my face), just weird. Anyway, LM has good coverage though but it dried my skin out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I'm one of those people who just cannot wear a mineral/powder foundation at all. The Tender Rose shade matched my skin better than BE but still settled in all my pores and lines. Sigh. Back to By Terry Light Expert.
Note that if I could wear mineral m/u at all I would much prefer this to any other, as it has a good range of shades and looks nicer than others I've tried. I just have the wrong skin for powder m/u. I'm sending this to a friend who has the same skintone as I do and loves mineral m/u.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by D1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you're looking for something that is VERY easy to apply and provides medium coverage, Laura Mercier's mineral makeup is a great option.

This makeup has a very natural look and also feels light on your skin. I also agree with previous posts that Laura Mercier's mineral makeup is 1000 times better than Bare Minerals. I found the makeup itself to be finer than Bare Minerals and it also didn't leave a cakey like appearance on my skin.

Although it is expensive, the jar itself lasts for a while. Each application doesn't require much product, so paying roughly $45 up front will last you more than a month and a half.

What I really love about this makeup is that it's practically fool proof (so long and you purchase the right color) and so easy to apply. With the right brush, you could apply this makeup without a mirror in the dark and come out with an even and perfect complexion.

For anyone who may be new to makeup or has never been able to apply foundation evenly, give this a try. It's just way too easy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by isabelheitmeier

This lovely product is getting me so addicted!

I have oily and sensitive skin, with bad quality make up product I can see pimples growing in a week. With the invention of mineral foundation which emphasize on "healthy skin" and "natural ingredients", I chose the brand with 5 star in foundation production - Laura Mercier.

At first I thought powder foundation would have minimum coverage, it turned out to be really good! It's light texture, medium coverage, natural looking, it literally just melts into your skin!

Tips: a good powder brush is crucial.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by deblog

I love this foundation! It is a superior product to Bare Minerals - this just seems more translucent than Bare Minerals but still gives great coverage. Plus the colors matched me much better and I didn't have to buy two colors and mix but that's just luck. I fully expect to have to mix colors to get it right. As recommended, I use the powder primer, then the foundation, and a small amount of the mineral finishing powder. I use LM primer brush for the primer, a Kabuki brush to apply the foundation, and a power brush for the power. Spring for the right brushes they make all the difference in the application. For the winter I use a moisturizer underneath it all (Dermologica Active Moist). In Summer I use a mattifying Gel (right now it's Dermalogica mediBac Oil Control Lotion with a bit of Active Moist). I find using all of the recommended products makes this a successful product for me. While initially it is expensive the finshing powder will last forever so you'll only be replacing the foundation and primer and they last a long time. I do use a dab of Mac blot powder later in the day if I feel oily but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingenious packaging. Why all mineral make-up manufacturers don't package their product like this I don't know! However, as for the make-up itself, I hated it. It's incredibly shine-inducing minimal-coverage powder. Perhaps, it could look luminous as a finishing powder to a full make-up look or as sun protection over a non-spf foundation, but those possible uses hardly make this expensive product a must buy. I also recommend not to go near this make-up if you have even slightly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by amysten7

First of all, the first time I wore this I got a compliment from my boyfriend on how great I looked. Now some of you may get compliments all the time, but my BF is not one to be freely dispensing warm fuzzies!!

This product is genius compared to other mineral foundations. The container has a partial sifter instead of the whole top dispensing product which is fantastic. It goes on easily, doesn't settle into pores like BM and looks like you have flawless skin all day. If you have oily skin I recommend blotting papers for afternoon rather than applying more product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mbat

just bought this today and love it a lot. i've tried MAC and JI powders and didn't like. MAC-color was too hard too match. JI-looked cakey after hours of wear. You really need to go to a counter and try the colors as they are limited and i'm pale but the vanilla looked white. i ended up with real sand and it's nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mineral powder. I like the finish of it and the "buildability." However, the color selection needs a work. Especially in the warmer shades. The shade that is warm or for ggg shows up slightly grey on the skin. Packaging and price are not bad. But I will not repurchase.