November 26, 2014 | 1615 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Magsy9513

First starting off with the BURT'S BEES Replenishing LIP BLAM with pomegranate oil this stuff is fantastic I tell you! Not only does it smell fantastic, it leaves your lips feeling super soft and smooth..not to mention the lite hue of color it also gives. It usually runs about 2-3$ in price but trust me you will not regret this buy..I love all BURT'S BEES products but this one tops my cake! Plus all packaging contains 50% post-industrial recylcled plastic! Yippeee!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by saintifying

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite balm. I used to use cherry carmex, but stopped when I got one of these on a whim. This is all I buy now. Why? Because it heals my chapped lips in a day, where as the carmex would heal my chapped lips but if I stopped wearing it they would come back again. Personally I like the smell, even though it is a little odd. I like the texture and that it's not greasy or shiny. I love to use this before applying a lip product too. Keeps some of the more drying lipsticks from drying out and looking awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this lip balm, but I just couldn't.

First off, the smell of the lip balm is overwhelming. At first, it smells pleasant, but, after a while, it becomes unbearably cloying. I would compare the smell to that of a cheap, rose-scented air freshener. I don't even know why I bothered putting it on my lips; I suppose I just wanted to give it a fair chance.

On my lips, the balm didn't really "moisturize". In fact, it dried out my lips. I also felt as if the product just "sat" on my lips, doing next to nothing to actually quench my chapped lips. I also had to reapply the product every 10 to 15 minutes because it was so drying. I attribute this to its waxy texture.

Another issue I have with this product is the use of carmine (a red dye obtained from the carminic acid produced by Cochineal beetles), which for vegans or those that are religious (i.e. Muslim, etc.) is not an ideal ingredient. Just don't be fooled into thinking that this is an all natural product, just because it's made by Burt's Bees.

The only good things I can say for this is that it leaves a nice, sheer tint on my lips (Thanks, Carmine!), and that it is packaged well.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. If you want moisturized lips, stick to cherry Chapstick, Lipsmackers, or Eucerin's Aquaphor.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this lip baum to be incredibly drying. I bought it because the original kind was out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Zusie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find that Burt's Bees Lip Balms do create moisture barrier for your lips but it feels like the balm just sits on top of the lip rather than feeling like it is really sinking into the lip. This lip balm has a fruity scent from the pomegranate oil that I do not mind, and I can be easily bothered by smells. The cap on the packaging pretty accurately matches the color of the lip balm which will give your lips a slight color and shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOVE. :) this lip balm .
everything about it, is AMAZING.
first of alll. i laaav the colour, its a pinky, purpley or something. i dont know exactly, but i would recomend this product to anyone and everyone.! seriously.
iLOVE burt's bees .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by AndeeMode

I absolutely love this lip balm :) I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees products! I grab for this all the time. I have tried LOTS of chappies, expensive and cheap. I must have an entire drawer full, but this one is the only one that has been amazing :) Love the scent, and texture! Smooth :) Doesn't leave that icky taste in your mouth or those gross little chunks on your lips (some chapsticks leave little wax chunks lol) :p It makes your lips kissable :) and gets rid of the crusty and chapped feeling :D I used to play around with all kinds of scents and flavors, but this chappie changed my lips for the better! I try to include it as an extra for my swappies because everyone should try it out ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kyang

This lipbalm saved my lips. This past winter, my lips and even the skin around it became super dry and cracked, to the point they were hurting. My lips are a little bit on the bigger side so they're always drying out but never like this. I always heard lots of good thing about Burts Bees even from my guy friends lol so I decided to give it a try. I'm very nitpicky about my lip products because it was really hard for me to even find a lipbalm that would do the job right. I started putting this on every chance I got and after a few days later I could see a huge improvement. I still use it all the time and even recommended it to others

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The great thing about this is the smell! I could see how some might not like it, but I love it! It's not the most mosturizing, but it does soften lips and relive chapped lips. I also have the honey one, and prefer this over that one. Def check this out! (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the original Burt's Bees, so I decided this would be a nice twist. I got it several years ago, so I don't know if the formula has changed since then, but I was really disappointed with it. One, the formula felt like it was just sitting on top of my lips and felt slightly acidic, which was not at all moisturizing. The color was slightly rosy, which was nice, but the texture and feeling of this balm on my lips was a deal breaker. I gave it up for good two months after trying it.