September 1, 2014 | 2171 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lilytox

I'm always confused by facial bar soaps - am I supposed to lather in my hands and then spread it onto my face ((in which case, isn't it cleaning my hands rather than my face?) or rub it directly on my face??

heh heh, my idiocy notwithstanding, I really like this face wash. The smell is inoffensive (calamine lotion?) and I find that my face feels clean after using it, but not dry at all. I like how it has barely noticeable particles that (I guess) exfoliate very gently. I haven't broken out at all since using it; I find it very soothing.

Packaging (ie none) is great. My only issue is, as I mentioned, I'm not sure if I'm using it in the correct way, but regardless, I like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meggiew00t

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my skin worse. I'm acne prone, and this definitely made my acne come out. I had worse skin than before when I was using this product. Very drying... gross smell. Do not recommend. Back to Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

OMG! Finally! After all these years! Thank God!
= my reaction (in an over-exaggerated remembrance) after seeing the results of Fresh Farmacy.

*I love Fresh Farmacy and (apparently) it loves me!
There is no residue left on my face after using it.
It doesn't dry out my skin - it nourishes it.
No more zits/redness/breakouts/discomfort - need I say more?

Love, Love, Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by favola

This is one of the worst cleansers ever, first off it doesn't clean. That's the main point of a cleanser, all those other things its touted to do should come after. Also did not clear my breakouts either, just dried my skin out. What an awful bar of soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The LUSH SA recommended this for my super oily, non-acne prone skin. It's okay, but I've since found something I like better. So why am I giving it 4 lippies? My fiance has fallen in love with it. He has normal, acne-prone skin (likely a medical side effect as he never had this problem before) and has been swearing by Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub for the past couple months. He likes the scrubbing beads and it has salicylic acid. He found my Fresh Farmacy in the shower one day and asked what it was for. Well, since he's been using it his skin looks much clearer! He's loving it. So I have to give it good ratings. Took one lippie off since it didn't work that great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ICN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Comparable to soap - soap that is alkaline - non pH balanced.
After using this product, my skin felt extremely dry - not helpful at all considering that I suffer from dermatitis. It made my skin feel itchy and unpleasant. Even if you had extremely oily skin, I wouldn't recommend it - something like Herbalism would be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LisaMaree

I am loving this soap from LUSH. I credit it with clearing up my blotchy, oily skin - prone to breakouts. I initially intended to buy CoalFace, but the Lush SA reccomended this soap for my skin type and offered me a sample of both. After a week, I returned to but the Fresh Farmacy soap. I don't find it lathers a lot - but enough to wash off my mineral makeup and leave my skin feeling clean, not overly tight. I use a light oil free moisturiser afterwards and my skin stays nice, not oily, throughout the day. My skin is looking so good now, I'm confident to leave the house without makeup - something I'd never do before!!

A chunk of this soap tends to last a while, but I'm not loving the complete lack of packaging - I store mine in a small snaplock container. Still, 5 lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by paperbacknovel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this face soap! It's so gentle, and works wonders on my adult acne. It's very soothing for my facial redness too. It comes bulk-packaged like many LUSH products, which is just a teeny bit inconvenient, but worth it for the awesomeness of the product. :D I'm going to keep buying this for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by fauxthentic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this soap! I have dry skin and I don't really get breakouts except one or two during the time of the month but I have some clogged pores on my forehead that was very visible. I used this soap for about a week and I noticed a big difference on my forehead. The pores are smaller and my overall skin texture is a lot better . I'm not too crazy about the smell but it's tolerable. I try not to use this on my cheeks because it makes them super dry and flaky but on my forehead or any areas that has breakouts/clogged pores, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by plurgirl

I have been using this product in conjunction with Angels on Bare Skin and my skin has never looked better. I use AOBS in the morning as a gentle wake up cleanser and this at night to really clean away the day's residue. This cleanser has made such a huge difference in my skin. After just my first use my pimples were smaller and much less red. I love this stuff. I will continue to use this with AOBS and Imperialis.