April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LisaMaree

I am loving this soap from LUSH. I credit it with clearing up my blotchy, oily skin - prone to breakouts. I initially intended to buy CoalFace, but the Lush SA reccomended this soap for my skin type and offered me a sample of both. After a week, I returned to but the Fresh Farmacy soap. I don't find it lathers a lot - but enough to wash off my mineral makeup and leave my skin feeling clean, not overly tight. I use a light oil free moisturiser afterwards and my skin stays nice, not oily, throughout the day. My skin is looking so good now, I'm confident to leave the house without makeup - something I'd never do before!!

A chunk of this soap tends to last a while, but I'm not loving the complete lack of packaging - I store mine in a small snaplock container. Still, 5 lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by paperbacknovel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this face soap! It's so gentle, and works wonders on my adult acne. It's very soothing for my facial redness too. It comes bulk-packaged like many LUSH products, which is just a teeny bit inconvenient, but worth it for the awesomeness of the product. :D I'm going to keep buying this for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by fauxthentic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this soap! I have dry skin and I don't really get breakouts except one or two during the time of the month but I have some clogged pores on my forehead that was very visible. I used this soap for about a week and I noticed a big difference on my forehead. The pores are smaller and my overall skin texture is a lot better . I'm not too crazy about the smell but it's tolerable. I try not to use this on my cheeks because it makes them super dry and flaky but on my forehead or any areas that has breakouts/clogged pores, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by plurgirl

I have been using this product in conjunction with Angels on Bare Skin and my skin has never looked better. I use AOBS in the morning as a gentle wake up cleanser and this at night to really clean away the day's residue. This cleanser has made such a huge difference in my skin. After just my first use my pimples were smaller and much less red. I love this stuff. I will continue to use this with AOBS and Imperialis.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Bobkattsgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample... Love love love it!!! I now have to go buy a full size bar. Made my skin feel nice and clean. Blackheads are pretty much gone and pores are smaller. I am sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rabid_lobster

This stuff is great so far! I have oily, acne-prone skin and this cleanser has made my skin glow. It is clearing up my skin and I have no new spots. It is a tad drying though, so be sure to follow up with a moisturizer. It also works well as a spot treatment: just dampen a q-tip and dab some of the soap on a spot and leave it on overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ymadub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff for my combo/acne-prone skin and my nephew (18 years old and very acne prone) swears that it has cleared him up. I don't like Lush's packaging in general: This one is just a bar of cut soap, no biggie, but it grosses me out that it sits on a public counter for everyone to touch/pick up crap. Especially when it's going on my sensitive face!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 2 (edit May 2008)

Price: 2 (~$8/128g)

Packaging: 1 (simply because there IS no packaging)

Buy again: no (edit May 2008)

EDIT May 2008: I've changed my rating, primarily because I just have moved onto something else. I feel that FF left residue behind and didn't really help to clean my skin they way I thought it was. It's great for someone who doesn't wear makeup though, and wants a non-stripping cleanser. I definitely did like using it during the winter because it didn't dry my skin out at all. It's just not for me now.

I usually try to use products for about 2 weeks before reviewing them, but I simply could not wait for this one! I bought FF from lush.ca since there is no LUSH store where I go to school (I am from Toronto, and we have like 3 LUSH stores there!), but I was having some major issues with my skin, and was just fed up with everything I'd tried. Regular drugstore cleansers always left my skin dry or too oily, and were too harsh for our Canadian winters.

For reference, I have have combo/oily skin in the summer, normal/dryish skin in the winter. I was a little hesistant about buying this product without a sample first, but I figured "what the heck"-- and after reading both positive and negative reviews on MUA, I was concerned it may dry out my skin further.

I have only been using it for 3 days, but I absolutely love it! First: it smells a lot like AOBS, probably because of the lavender in it. I actually like the smell, I find it very soothing. It does not foam at all, so if that's what you want, skip this one. It melts VERY fast, so I suggest keeping it somewhere dry and out of water contact when you're not using it. When I apply it to my face (2x/day, morning + night) it's like using a milky lotion cleanser-- it gets rid of the oil without stripping my skin in the least, and actually makes my skin feel smoother and softer. It rinses easily, and also makes a handy spot treatment! When I first got it, I had a tender spot on my face that I knew was going to emerge as a pimple and last for days-- I dabbed some of this on, and within the next day, the pimple not only surfaced painlessly, it is also completely GONE. And, no harsh drying effects!

I use this with Eau Roma Water and Imperialis, and I swear in the last 3 days, my skin has done an about face. My skin isn't crazy oily anymore, and I don't have any zits. I'll note right now that I have been using Benzoyl Peroxide religiously for the last 5 years, and even that doesn't take care of all my problems-- if I skip a day or 2, I get painful zits. I haven't used it for 3 days, and my skin feels absolutely wonderful. That, is worth the product's weight in gold!

I don't know how well this removes makeup; I take my makeup (EM pressed foundation "Fairly Light Golden" or Lily Lolo "Popcorn") off with Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wipes before hand.

I keep mine in the Shampoo bar Tin, but I'm sure you could just as easily use a regular soap dish-- just make sure to keep your soap AWAY from water! If you have a LUSH store near you, TRY it, and if you don't, order it online RIGHT NOW!

EDIT (March 10, 2008)

I had to change my rating; I no longer use this because it doesn't rinse off well-- I used a different toner and found it left lots of residue. My skin also started reacting badly after 2 weeks of using this, so I can't say I'd use it again. :(

EDIT (March 18, 2008)

I changed my mind again! After I stopped using this my skin looked sooo bad and all my cleansers left me feeling really dry. I decided to give this another shot-- I'm so glad I did! I use Eau Roma and a cotton pad after washing my face with this, just to get off any excess residue without drying out my skin. My face looks much better (I don't know what made my skin freak out), so I don't think I'll switch my cleansers around again! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE this fresh farmacy face and body soap, It has from what i can tell calamine, which is a anti substance for irritations, But it does EXCELLENTLY WELL for my face, I LOVE all of LUSH'S Facial skin care lines and there bath soaps to body washes, to shampoo and conditioners!!! Its well worth it!!!! my skin has looked much better!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MissErica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh Farmacy has a lovely, organic smell.
I use it like a soap for my face - wet face, lather up 'soap' on hands etc. then rub on and rinse off/
It doesn't lather up very well and I haven't noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin, which is fairly spot-prone but the cleanser does feel nice and refreshing on the skin and hasn't dried it out.
It cost me about 5.50 for a chunk, which I thought was an OK price.