September 19, 2014 | 2003 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by neverfadetogray

I love Fresh Farmacy. I have acne-prone skin and a slightly oily t-zone and this has worked wonderfully for me. It has cleared up and evened out my skin, and it actually makes my face feel smooth and soft - which makes it the first product I've ever used that I can say that about. After washing my face with this, I use Tea Tree Water toner and Imperialis moisturizer, and I'm so happy with it. I used Proactiv for a good two years and it never made as much of a difference in my skin as my new skincare routine has.

It's also very effective overnight as a spot treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by sushibuns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am writing this for my teen girl and she loves it so much i think she is addicted when its finished trust me i better go the mall and buy and another one the best for teen i think doesnt make her skin dry and flaky like some other stuff worth a try

update: this is not that good after a week she had so much pimples it was crazy now we use coal face and it works wonders no more spots

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lilytox

I'm always confused by facial bar soaps - am I supposed to lather in my hands and then spread it onto my face ((in which case, isn't it cleaning my hands rather than my face?) or rub it directly on my face??

heh heh, my idiocy notwithstanding, I really like this face wash. The smell is inoffensive (calamine lotion?) and I find that my face feels clean after using it, but not dry at all. I like how it has barely noticeable particles that (I guess) exfoliate very gently. I haven't broken out at all since using it; I find it very soothing.

Packaging (ie none) is great. My only issue is, as I mentioned, I'm not sure if I'm using it in the correct way, but regardless, I like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meggiew00t

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my skin worse. I'm acne prone, and this definitely made my acne come out. I had worse skin than before when I was using this product. Very drying... gross smell. Do not recommend. Back to Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

OMG! Finally! After all these years! Thank God!
= my reaction (in an over-exaggerated remembrance) after seeing the results of Fresh Farmacy.

*I love Fresh Farmacy and (apparently) it loves me!
There is no residue left on my face after using it.
It doesn't dry out my skin - it nourishes it.
No more zits/redness/breakouts/discomfort - need I say more?

Love, Love, Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by favola

This is one of the worst cleansers ever, first off it doesn't clean. That's the main point of a cleanser, all those other things its touted to do should come after. Also did not clear my breakouts either, just dried my skin out. What an awful bar of soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The LUSH SA recommended this for my super oily, non-acne prone skin. It's okay, but I've since found something I like better. So why am I giving it 4 lippies? My fiance has fallen in love with it. He has normal, acne-prone skin (likely a medical side effect as he never had this problem before) and has been swearing by Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub for the past couple months. He likes the scrubbing beads and it has salicylic acid. He found my Fresh Farmacy in the shower one day and asked what it was for. Well, since he's been using it his skin looks much clearer! He's loving it. So I have to give it good ratings. Took one lippie off since it didn't work that great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ICN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Comparable to soap - soap that is alkaline - non pH balanced.
After using this product, my skin felt extremely dry - not helpful at all considering that I suffer from dermatitis. It made my skin feel itchy and unpleasant. Even if you had extremely oily skin, I wouldn't recommend it - something like Herbalism would be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LisaMaree

I am loving this soap from LUSH. I credit it with clearing up my blotchy, oily skin - prone to breakouts. I initially intended to buy CoalFace, but the Lush SA reccomended this soap for my skin type and offered me a sample of both. After a week, I returned to but the Fresh Farmacy soap. I don't find it lathers a lot - but enough to wash off my mineral makeup and leave my skin feeling clean, not overly tight. I use a light oil free moisturiser afterwards and my skin stays nice, not oily, throughout the day. My skin is looking so good now, I'm confident to leave the house without makeup - something I'd never do before!!

A chunk of this soap tends to last a while, but I'm not loving the complete lack of packaging - I store mine in a small snaplock container. Still, 5 lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by paperbacknovel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this face soap! It's so gentle, and works wonders on my adult acne. It's very soothing for my facial redness too. It comes bulk-packaged like many LUSH products, which is just a teeny bit inconvenient, but worth it for the awesomeness of the product. :D I'm going to keep buying this for a long time!