April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For the record, I usually LOVE benefit products. Benefit and NARS are probably the two brands I trust almost unconditionally.

This product showed up CAKEY on me. When i put it on at first i loved it, but when i looked in the mirror i looked terrible!! I thought it'd be a good product since I am blessed with mostly nice skin and don't need much coverage. Won't ever buy again. But I do love a multitude of other benefit products!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jamiex3

I actually liked this product, I've already finished with one, but I am not planning to buy another one, just because it's so expensive and I had gone through it pretty quick. It's not super heavy, and it matched my skin well (NC25) However, it doesn't really cover my blemishes when I am having one of those "bad days". I need to put on a lot more to get decent coverage, and by then, my face will look all caked up.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mistressofirony

It gave my skin a really fake looking glow, kinda orangey. It felt thick coming onto my skin, and the smell reminded me of Play-Doh. But once it settled, I patted my cheeks and they weren't sticky. After a while, though, my skin got really oily and shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok..so about a year ago I got this as a sample and I thought I remebered liking it. Recwently I thought to revisit it because I am trying to get off of heavy foundations.
The problem with this product is that it sits on top of the skin and never dries. Because of that it is easy to streak and wipe off. It is not long wear and not for ppl with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There isn't really anything I like about this 'foundation'. First of all, it offers NO coverage. I get the same look with this as I do with my MAC MSFN by itself, or tinted moisturizer. It just sat on top of my skin feeling very heavy and greasy (Playsticks gave me the same feeling BTW), transferring on anything that even came near my face. I used the 'deep' shade for my NC40/42 skin, which was a little orangey. Not worth the $28-30 or whatever I spent on it, AT ALL...I returned it about a week after buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leia989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a new foundation, when the counter girl first put this on me I wasn't very impressed. I still bought it thinking how I wanted something other than liquids or mineral powder, seemed like something new.

So when I put this on for myself, I applied it with the brush and I have to say I looked GORGEOUS!! I looked so amazing and found that putting some minerals on top it would not give me that dreaded shine I get with my oily skin. I wore this to my friend's for a housewarming party, and hours later in the day when I looked in the mirror I still looked AMAZING.

Unfortunately, the next morning when I woke up I had HUGE ZITS all over my face!! :( I always am careful to remove my makeup and cleanse properly, usually I do not breakout from other products I have used. I loved how beautiful this made my skin look I even tried it a few more times using acne treatment (Benzyl peroxide cream) underneath. No matter what I tried it always gave me horrible breakouts :(

The bottom line: Everyone should try this! if it makes you break out like it did to me, you can always return it ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by meghan1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went for a make over at the local Benfit counter and she used this on me and let me just say I don't like other people putting on my foundation because they tend to 'cake' it on and not blend it properly but when she put this on my face I was happy with the result, so I agreed to buy (even though it is expensive she assured me it would probably last a year)

The next day I used this and it was so much better applied myself, its a really flawless finish and I usually pair it with a dusting of 'hello flawless' powder and it works a treat for me as I don't like heavy coverage for my face! The reason I only gave it 4 lippies is beacuse of the price and the amount in the pot but I don't mind saving up some money to buy another one when mine runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

You don't really get a whole lot of bang for your buck here in my opinion. Whilst the packaging is cute (hello Benefit's main selling point!) what's inside doesn't really differ a whole lot from your average creme foundation. Sure it's pretty light and silky and matches your skin tone ok, but it's nothing to write home about, especially considering the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The SA at the Benefit counter gave me a free makeover and this was what she used on my face. When she was putting it on, it felt like silk...no harsh rubbing needed to blend it in. After a quick glimpse in the mirror, I agreed to purchasing it and took it home with me.

Using it myself, I'm kinda on the fence about this. Firstly - it's SO expensive. And there's not a whole lot of product in this compact...rest assured. I will probably use this up really quickly.

I use the shade 'deep' which is the darkest available. I'm an NC37-40 tan skinned gal, and deep matches me fine, even though it looks amazingly dark in the pot. This foundation is sheer, so colour-wise, it doesn't take much effort at all to find the right shade.

The texture glides on easily and gives me a natural, almost flawless look. I have acne scars on my chin and some blemishes here and there, yet this covered them well and made my skin look so much better.

As for lasting power - on my combo oily/normal skin - it's decent. If I wear this for a whole uni day, I need to touch up with some powder sometimes. I can't go a whole day without a touch up otherwise I get shiny and greasy looking.

I have acne-prone senstive skin and this hasn't irritated my skin. I apply this with a wedge sponge and it works well for me.

I like this foundation, but the price is ridiculous. For that reason, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by underage

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.