October 25, 2014 | 1086 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Loredana23

The first day that I wore this mascara, five people complimented my eyelashes and asked me what I was using. I have very long lashes, which can easily clump together and look spidery, but Inimitable manages to define each one precisely, which no mascara has ever done for me before. I like the fact that this is an "all-in-one" product, and does live up to it's volumising, lenghtening and curling promises. I can certainly see the difference from cheaper brands - I don't look like a supermarket whore the way I do when I wear Maybelline on my long lashes. It gives a very black, dramatic look which is glamorous but not overdone, and I wear this to work everyday.

My only problem with this has been the rather dire flaking. By 10am, I have black specks beneath my eyes, and have resorted to carrying cotton tips, primer and concealer around in my hand-bag for frequent touch-ups. I asked my Chanel SA about this and all she could suggest was the waterproof version, which I'm avoiding for fear of drying out my lashes. I would still definitely recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gohgoomah

i am a mascara fanatic, and have been trying to make rounds through all the popular mascaras out there :) the inimitable chanel was on my christmas wishlist and one of my friends bought it for me as a gift (thank goodness bc it's so expensive!). honestly i still have mixed feelings about this mascara (months after i've moved on from the tube) because there'd be days where it would make my lashes look beautiful to others where it would just clump a bunch of them together and make it look as if i had 6 lashes all together. as far as the new wand applicator, i'd have to say that it's nothing outstanding in comparison to any of the drugstore mascaras that carry this new type of wand. the mascara solution was definitely on the wet side, and it would stay wet for a long while (i had to make sure i didn't open my eyes too wide otherwise it would get on my lids or under-eye area). lengthening wise it was "so-so". overall i think the mascara is not worth the price and if anything it reminded me a lot of cover girl's volume exact. maybe it's just me :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by wentan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great ALL-In-ONE mascara! Especially when you put it together with DiorShow Mascara - result are even more amazing (you can put either one on first)! Love them! Love them! Love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by varsana

I love this mascara. Its a shame that its so expensive. It does everything that I want in a mascara. I already have relatively long and thick eyelashes and inimitable makes them defined and holds a curl really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by RedTrouble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pricey, but easily the best mascara I have ever owned. Mega easy application and it seperates, lengthens and defines. Makes my eyes "pop". Unlike neary all mascaras I have tried in the past it does not smudge or leave little black flakies under my eyes. Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is decent
my maybelline dose the same thing
i rather spend less and get the same effect with my Volume Exspress mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and bought a tube of this stuff, since I've been curious to try it. I have naturally long, reasonably thick lashes, so mostly I just want something to add oomph and help them hold a curl. This seems fine and certainly does the trick. It looks fairly natural and doesn't give you a heavy mascara look, so if you like high drama from your mascara, I doubt you'll like this stuff. Normally I use Clinique's Naturaly Glossy which gives similar results. I occasionally use Cover Girl's Volume Extract and I think the Chanel is nearly identical to that. It even has that groovy little brush and it's a lot less expensive. I don't know if I'll repurchase this. I do like the shade of black it imparts. For some reason it seems blacker than my other mascaras. All in all a good mascara, but there are cheaper alternatives that work just as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by you3701me

I absolutely hate this mascara. It left me with spider-leg lashes, even AFTER I wiped off most of it on a paper towel before I used it. I gave it 3 tries, and I had the same result each time. I tried brushing through after, and no luck. I'm taking this right back to the store!! As of now, Diorshow is my favorite for dramatic lashes, and MAC ProLonglash is my favorite for natural looking lashes. Price does not equal quality! I expected big things from Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rayna_rose

This is not the best mascara but I do love it.......the mascara itself is okay but the wand is the best part.......it does a good job in separating the lashes........this mascara is good if you want a good subtle natural look........it doesn't really add volume or length.......I personally like my lashes to stand out so I use Dior Show (good with volume) with Chanel as a second coat.......if only they can make a mascara that does what these 2 products do in one tube

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do like this for its curling factor and because it is buildable for different looks... when I start to think I'm not as impressed anymore its because I should have bought a new one... mental note to myself: mascara's aren't made to last past 3 mths if you use it everyday haha.