April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I am still shaking my head over the fact that I suffered from perspiration woes for so many years, yet no longer have that problem with Certain Dri. This stuff is truly amazing! I have had NO perspiration whatsoever for the past two days since putting this on. I still use crystal stick in the morning to guard against odor, but really, I am soooo impressed by how dry I am! Wow.

If I can truly get away with using this one to two times a week, I'll be very happy and will consider myself released from the traditional products which had completely stopped working on me all of a sudden. This is looking like HG material...

UPDATE: One night, I developed MAJOR itching about 20 minutes after applying this. I mean, it was BAD!! I wanted to scratch the skin off my pits, they were so itchy...Then I realized that I put too much on that one night. I suspect that I did something like 10 swipes on each underarm.

You really have to use this sparingly! A couple of swipes and that's it! Trust me, it will work, and you won't get itchy... Now I do two on each underarm and only two. Once in a while I'll get a bit itchy but it's intermittent and tolerable...I would freak if this was ever discontinued. It's simply the best at controlling perspiration!! I still have a *scant* amount of perspiration in my pits if I go to the gym before my morning shower, but it's nothing like it used to be...And if I perspire any other time, it's not from my pits, just everywhere else!

I'm down to using this about once every 10-14 days...mostly because I forget to put it on. Weird thing is, I just don't sweat like I used to. It's almost like my body chemistry altered just from using this. I think if I was dilligent about using this, I'd use it very 5 days. But we've had triple digit days recently with humidity and I just haven't had an issue. This absolutely confers 72 hour protection plus!

I spent an entire day in my garage cleaning up and it was almost 100 degrees...I sweated like a pig from everywhere except my pits...that completely amazes me...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by emilykollaja

Great product, especially if you are a heavy sweater. I used to sweat all the time and i finally went to the doctor, and this is what he recomended. i bought mine at my local CVS. Works great, but beware if you have sensitive skin, and dont put it on after shaving(may cause irritation)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

I can't seem to find this in Canada, so I just picked it up on a recent trip to the US... this is totally a HG product! Totally lasts for 2 days (never had that before with any product) for both sweat and odor control. It really works - just follow the instructions on the box. I have never had the burning, but I don't apply it right after shaving. I do get a bit of itchiness at first right after applying, Dries in a few minutes.

The only downside is the packaging. It is quite unattractive and since it is a roll-on, it leaks like crazy! I must have lost half of it in my luggage! Otherwise, well worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wonder how I lived without this! Fragrance free and truly keeps you dry. You must apply it at night or run the risk of staining your clothes. It does feel slightly burny/itchy about 15 minutes after application. For me, staying dry and fresh for 16+ hours is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this has been the only thing that has controlled my sweating long term. when i first started using it i did have some problems with it burning and making me itch. and for some reason when i put it on i tend to smell bad. but it works and the smell is only if yr close to my armpit. i have gotten quite a few people i know using it and it works great for them as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Samalama

This is by far a life saver. I used to sweat nomatter what, cold, hot, doing activities or just sitting down, i would sweat. This product completely solved this problem. At first I applied it everyday now i've been using it for a little over a year and apply it MAYBE once a week nd it stillworks like a charm. SAVES me embarrasement.I <3 it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfection. I used to sweat so much that I stopped buying any tops that were even slightly fitted under my arms, but now that I use this, no problem! I've even forgotten to wear daily deodorant while using this, and no sweat AT ALL.
Had been using Secret Clear, but the active ingredient just doesn't do it for me.
Rarely irritates my underarm, though some nights it itches a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have to say THANK YOU to those that reviewed & recommended this product, so I felt I should add my opinion for others like me.

I thought I was the only woman who's underarms would sweat for no apparent reason (I'm even cold natured!) but almost without fail, I would get wet marks on my clothes within a few hours of showering & dressing.

I have probably spent at least $100 trying to find the right deodorant/anti-perspirant that would fix my problem. I was too embarrased to discuss with anyone (thank goodness for the internet & MakeupAlley!) so I just kept buying more products...most recently Secret Clinical Strength and I didn't notice any improvement.
After reading the posts here I bought Certain dri and followed the directions very closely to avoid irritation. Well, I didn't have irritation and I noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in sweat the very next day. I have finally found THE product that fixed my problem without having to go to a Dr. I think the key is the ingredients, Secret Clinical has 20% aluminum zirconium, which is just a little stonger strength than the average deodorant on the market. Certain dri has 12% aluminum chloride, which is not even listed as an ingreident in the other deodorants. So the key ingridient must be the aluminum chloride. I can't believe I've never seen this in the stores, but there it was at Kroger wedged in between all the heavily advertised products.

I am so excited, and can't wait to raise my arms in freedom again and wear white shirts & silk tops without fear of embarrasment!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by binky7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, especially when you get used to it. However, I hate roll-ons and it does tend to drip when its a new bottle and full. What I do that works good it to transfer it to a little spritz bottle. In the beauty aisle you can buy little spritz bottle for a dollar, then just puncture a hole in the bottom of the roll-on and drain it into the spritzer. This way you get an even application without dripping and you waste less. This also works better for guys who can't use roll-ons because of the hair issue. Hope that helps someone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cbgtgrl

Ok, I just registered on this site about a week ago and i thought it was all about just make up. Then i browsed around and found that this website is full of valuable info. I have had an excessive perspiration problem ever since i can remember. Ive never been to a doctor for it though. Ive tried every antiperspirant out there. NOTHING seemed to help. When Secret came out with the Clinical Strength i was excited because i thought maybe it would actually work. But it didnt do anything for me. Ive never had a problem with odor really just the wetness. And i sweat all the time. it could be 60 degrees in the room and my arm pits will be wet. I can be sitting doing nothing and my arm pits are wet. I have more black shirts that anyone i know. Im so self concious about it and its so embarassing! Anyways i started searching on here for antiperspirant reviews to see what other people have to say. Then i start reading all these reviews for Certain Dri. I never even heard of it and i dont know how i could miss it in the deoderant aisle. So many of the peoples descriptions about their sweating is exactly like mine! And when they said this stuff worked i was like "yeah yeah ive heard that before". So after reading pages and pages of reviews i decided that i had to find this. I found it and been using it for 2 days now and ITS AMAZING! I wore a white shirt for the first time without something over it! This stuff actually works. It does sting a little for me when i first put it on but it is definitly worth it. I really have so much more confidence now, its crazy. I dont know what i would do without this stuff. I actually went out and bought colorful shirts today because i can really wear them now! Certain Dri is definitly the best thing in the world to me right now. Sorry for writing so much but it seriously has changed me. I feel like a different person now without the big wet armpits. :)