December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years because it works GREAT! I never sweat a drop (under my arms that is) when using this. All you have to do is apply it at night and I wear regular deodrant in the morning just because it smells better, but if I remember correctly-the directions say its optional. If you are planning on purchasing this product just be aware that it CAN burn if you apply it immediately after shaving but if you read the directions you would already know that. I buy a new bottle as soon as mine is finished and i would never switch to anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by MostSpecialK

This product truly is amazing. I had a horrible sweating problem. No mater what I did, I had sweaty pits. They weren't smelly, just sweaty. My friend suggeted I try Certain Dri. After using it for two days, the sweaty pits were gone! That was 2 years ago. It's so strong and effective that I only need to use it a few times a month. My only criticism is that I sometimes get a pretty intense tingling feeling where I've appled it. It usually only lasts 10 minutes or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ever since puberty, I've had this terrible problem of sweating, even when inactive. I don't have a problem with odor, just with the wetness. I tried Secret's Clinical and it was my life saver until my older sister told me about a less expensive brand Certain Dri. The packaging may not be as hip as Secret but it gets the job done. No more wet arm pits and I'm saving myself $4 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bio: I sweat like a man
Pros: Really works, stops sweating
Unscented, easy to use, lasts forever
Cons: Not supposed to use right after shower
Overall: I love this, it is the only deodorant that actually does what it says in my opinion, I've been through Mitchum, Degree, Dove, Secret, in all forms and this is the only one that keeps me bone dry and not stinky.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by S0CiALiTE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this stuff for the summer when it's extra hot out.
I only use it at night before bed once every 3 days and it keeps me totally dry. You can even skip deoderant in the day when using this product.

One warning DO NOT use after shaving/waxing. It will sting and itch to the point where you cant help but scratch. That just makes it worse. Even washing it off at that point doesn't help. It's a horribe feeling. Other then that I would buy and use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A few warnings up front: DO NOT USE if you are about to have laser hair removal under your armpits or immediately after laser hair removal, it "can" cause severe irritation. DO NOT USE for at least a week before you have a mammogram, as the aluminum will affect the results, just as regular deodorant or powder cannot be worn during a mammogram. With that being said, this is the one product that is my HG forever. I learned about Certain Dri from all you wonderful MUA'ers here. I can't believe I had never heard of this before. I was about to drop several hundred dollars on Botox to stop my sweating, until now. I used to have wet armpits all the time, even in colder than cold weather. There's nothing like being layered in several items of clothing to keep warm and when you undress, all your clothes are soaked in the armpits.....not attractive at all. I wore more dark shirts than anyone I know. I even resorted to placing cut-up panty liners in the armpits of my clothing to protect against the wet spots. Well, no more! Certain Dri did cause me to sting, in fact the first night I thought I had a three-alarm-fire happening in my pits...but I dealt with it. I used this for three nights in a row, each night the stinging was less and less, but certainly tolerable, especially after the results it gave me. I would have suffered even more if I had to because it is worth it. The morning after my first use, my pits did feel a little raw, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I always shave in the shower every morning, so using a razor that first morning was pretty agonizing, but I still did it. I have had no irritation since then, not a bit. I find for me that if I skip a day, I do get a tiny bit of sweat, hardly any, so I have decided to use this every night. What can I say- I "glisten" like a pig! (LOL). With using this every night, I hardly notice any stinging or itching at all, and as soon as it dries, I put some baby podwer on top and it helps a great deal with any itching. I went to the gym the 2nd day after I used this and had bone-dry armpits. The only sweat I had there was from the sweat dripping from other parts of my body. I have told everyone I know about this product. I know I look like a crazy person in the gym, but I have told quite a few people and they are excited to get out and try this product. I just saw a commercial today for Degree Clinical Protection, claims to do the same thing, seems to be an OTC competitor for Secret Clinical Strength, but honestly, I don't care- I won't bother trying either of them...why should I? I have already found what I was praying I could find, and not to mention I just saved about $1200 per year by not having Botox!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jennifercuozzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bottom line...it works!

I experienced irritation at first, and have sensitive skin, but your body adjusts to the product, and after a few uses you should have no more irritation.
I do avoid use for a day or two after shaving or waxing underarm, but I still find I am dry because this stuff is so powerful.
Follow the directions and you'll be dry.

I will buy again and again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tabby3384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! First of all, I have to say that this is my first review on MUA ever. This product is just something I have to rave about. I have tried every deodorant out there to control my sweating and thanks to MUA my search is over! Thank you everyone for reviewing this. I am on day 3 and I still have no wetness! Anyway, I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by breaklinedestroyed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this thing is amazing!! i used to sweat through my clothes...even when it was cold! it was disgusting and smelled bad. i tried a variety of regular deodorants, like secret, ban, etc. Then i read about Certain Dri in a magazine and i thought, why not? only about 3-5 bucks, anyway. IT WORKED GREAT. i used it for only a few days, and i immediately saw drastic results. i practically just stopped sweating! no more worrying about those embarrassing "i can't lift my arms up in case anyone sees whats over there..." highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I am still shaking my head over the fact that I suffered from perspiration woes for so many years, yet no longer have that problem with Certain Dri. This stuff is truly amazing! I have had NO perspiration whatsoever for the past two days since putting this on. I still use crystal stick in the morning to guard against odor, but really, I am soooo impressed by how dry I am! Wow.

If I can truly get away with using this one to two times a week, I'll be very happy and will consider myself released from the traditional products which had completely stopped working on me all of a sudden. This is looking like HG material...

UPDATE: One night, I developed MAJOR itching about 20 minutes after applying this. I mean, it was BAD!! I wanted to scratch the skin off my pits, they were so itchy...Then I realized that I put too much on that one night. I suspect that I did something like 10 swipes on each underarm.

You really have to use this sparingly! A couple of swipes and that's it! Trust me, it will work, and you won't get itchy... Now I do two on each underarm and only two. Once in a while I'll get a bit itchy but it's intermittent and tolerable...I would freak if this was ever discontinued. It's simply the best at controlling perspiration!! I still have a *scant* amount of perspiration in my pits if I go to the gym before my morning shower, but it's nothing like it used to be...And if I perspire any other time, it's not from my pits, just everywhere else!

I'm down to using this about once every 10-14 days...mostly because I forget to put it on. Weird thing is, I just don't sweat like I used to. It's almost like my body chemistry altered just from using this. I think if I was dilligent about using this, I'd use it very 5 days. But we've had triple digit days recently with humidity and I just haven't had an issue. This absolutely confers 72 hour protection plus!

I spent an entire day in my garage cleaning up and it was almost 100 degrees...I sweated like a pig from everywhere except my pits...that completely amazes me...