October 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

This is one of the things I could not live without.I LOVE coconut oil and I would have had no idea about it if it wasn't for makeupalley!So thank you everyone:) I use this stuff for everything.I mainly use it on my hair as a pre- wash treatment.I scoop a little out of the jar and let it melt in my hands and apply mid shaft to ends.With the left over residue, I apply to my scalp.I leave it on anywhere between 2 hours or more.It rinses out easily,just takes me one shampoo.I have noticed a huge difference in my hair.Its shinier and stronger.It works great as a leave in serum too,just not allot you don't want to be greasy.I also use this as a body oil,as a face serum,I even use it when I shave lol.I just recently started using it as a eye makeup remover and it does wonders for that too.I got a big jar of it at GNC for 14 or 15$ I don't quite remember.Either way well worth it.I use it all the time and I still have a ton of product left.This is just a great natural product and I love how it can be used for so many things.I will never be without coconut oil again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by snoooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, started using this as a moisturizer (face, body) and underarm deodorant, and so far I am impressed! I'm starting to subscribe to the thinking that anything you put on your skin should be something you would eat. I read some good things about coconut oil and, well, so far it is living up to my expectations!

I put it on my face and décolleté at night for a deep moisturizing treatment. I swear that I am starting to look younger! My skin is very sensitive and I think this oil has a calming effect. It also has antibacterial properties, which is why I am using it as a deodorant. It seems to be quite effective, and of course has no harmful cancer-causing chemicals! It's still in the trial stage but this may become my new go-to beauty product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Add me to the list of people who like using this for a hair treatment! I'm looking at my bottle of Pureology Nanoworks right now and kicking myself for not buying a huge bottle of Costco Shampoo (Kirland - see the review for that if you like Nanoworks) and a tub of Organic Coconut Oil and calling it a day.

So - the review: I apply this at night to dry hair and sleep with it in with a shower cap on. My hair really soaks up the oil and by the morning when I'm ready to wash it out it has absorbed so much of it. I wash two times with a deep cleansing shampoo and condition. I've been doing this weekly.

The results: My hair is SOFT! I can't stop touching it. It also has less frizz and the ends look healthy. I'm hoping that long term use will lead to less hair loss. My hair feels wonderful!

My hair: I have wavy/curly/THICK red hair that I color treat and chemically relax occasionally. I let it air dry most days, but heat style 2-4 times a month typically. My hair is very prone to breakage/fall out despite going easy on the styling.

Try it and see for yourself. Worst case scenario you can use it to cook.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by BGx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Green

I bleach my hair, not much because I am naturally blonde but now it's white (with the use of toners and purple shampoos - by the hairdresser). It goes down past my bum and I'm tall! I am living proof you don't need extensions to have the hair colour and length you want as long as you treat it properly.
For years I've tried different products on my hair, some that work and some that don't - This works! I read somewhere that the molecules in coconut oil are one of the only ones small enough to enter the pores in the hair shaft and repair from within.
I very rarely wash my hair (once every 5-7 days? - I weened myself off - which I believe helped me to grow my hair - that and with the use of very little heat) I always use a coconut treatment before I wash it and my hair just feels amazing. Along with the heat protectant products (if I'm in a rush and need to blow dry) this is the only styling product I use now, putting a small amount on my ends. (I used to use Moroccan Oil - but have seen a lot of negative reviews as this oil does not REPAIR it just gives your hair a cosmetic softness, temporarily making it feel good).

Coconut oil in conjunction with Kerastase products (whichever suit your hair best) is a winning routine in my eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kykila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil. It took me a while to find the Cold-processed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil because a health store was not close by but i actually found a tub at Bulk Barn. It was pretty expensive but has been lasting for more then 3 months now.

I use it for all sort of skin ailments. First of all its the best diaper cream for babies bums. All natural and cloth diaper safe. Really gets rid of rashes very fast.
Summer sun is getting hot and I've been burned a few times but coconut oil really works to soothe my skin and repair the damage. It works really great on insect bites. Just rub it on right away and i had no itchings untill i had to use it again maybe only 2-3 a day. The store brand creams with anti-histamines never seemed to work but coconut oil, wow i'm a convert.

The only thing that i haven't really seen any improvement with is my face. I'll stick with jojoba oil for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

WARNING / CAUTION: Coconut oil is often advertised and used as a TANNING OIL also. So for fair pale girls who try to remain not-tan, use with caution in the day time (or use HEAVY sunscreen). After only a month of using it in the winter month of January, my face is 3-4 shades darker than my hands (which is more of a NC-15).

Coconut oil as a HAIR OIL treatment:

By slathering coconut oil on my scalp and tip ends has helped improved my dry, brittle hay-like hair to a shiny soft texture. I completed this treatment with a plain egg yolk and clear wrap to keep it in my hair for 30 minutes (or until I remember to wash it out).

While coconut oil requires extra preparation (it is solid at room temperature, you need to heat it up for it to liquidize), it is nutritious for those with dry scalp (no more dry scalp flakes - no, not dandruff - after one use). Note, the little that accidentally got onto my forehead caused a batch of acne, so be careful if you have dry sensitive acne skin like me.

Coconut oil as a BODY OIL:

For hygienic reasons and ease of use, I have the solid coconut oil shaped into a ball and use it like a bar of soap - rubbing it directly onto my skin. This way I don't have to worry about double dipping, melting the oil, or spilling it everywhere. Simply use a ice cream scoop and scoop out little balls of coconut oil.

It has been super moisturizing on my dry, cracked calves. I have not noticed a difference on my stretch marks but I will continue to monitor them and see if there are any fading effects.

FYI THE OIL STAINS WHITE TOWELS to a light tea brown shade IF there is still a slightest layer of oil on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by BCP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm one of those people that can't put anything on my face without breaking out or having a bad irritation.
Coconut Oil when it's organic has helped heal my skin, I didn't apply it for a few days and broke out just like I used to, it's anti bacterial and could honestly do nothing bad for you.
It has cleared my skin, made it more supple and have smaller pores
although it is an oil, like a cooking oil and the 'packaging' isn't good
it's melting point is 24 degrees celsius so if you live somewhere hot it'll be a liquid almost always if not, kind of jelly. If you live somewhere medium-cool temp its a solid and it's hard to get out of the container but once you work it into your fingers it glides on.
It's also a little expensive, where I live a medium sized container cost me $20 CAD, but this will last me a long time as I use it as a hair mask once a week ish and twice a day on my face, a little goes a long way

try coconut oil if you want help to clear acne, scars, skin texture, moisture loss, dehydration and everything else.

edit: changing from 5 to 2 because I have never had such bad skin in my life since continuing use of this, I'd say to use it more as a treatment instead of a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ContagiousSound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is great :) it is very versatile; skin moisturizer, scalp conditioner, and pretty good to cook with or so I've heard.

I use this on my legs because in winter they get very dry! If you are going to use it on skin, you really need to dilute it, either with a moisturizer or a lighter oil such as almond oil for arms and legs. I wouldn't recommend it for the face because it leaves a very slick layer and may break you out.

For the hair with a light oil such as almond oil. Best not to use coconut oil straight up on it's own, it is a very heavy thick oil. But sometimes I don't dilute because I get lazy haha. It makes your hair feel very silky and moisturized! My boyfriend loves playing with my hair after I use it. Although it does take 2-3 washes to get it out, but I think it's worth it. I use this 1 every fortnight, I don't get much time to indulge myself :(.

Price:varies, I got mine for AU$15, 550g

Packing: varies
Buy again: YUP :)
Always dilute, try not to use it straight because it is oily, thick and cakey/heavy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil is one of several oils I have used for thirty years to luxuriously moisturise, smooth, and condition my skin. It gets rid of any poor tone, dryness and milia (goosebumps) on the arms and legs caused by a lack of fatty acids in the diet and body. It is completely innocuous regarding reactions and allergies compared to the multi-chemical potions peddled by the mega-cosmeti-cos. The extra-virgin stuff, usually from an emerging economy that needs support from the wealthy west, smells like some erotic potion. Dig your fingers into a wide-topped jar costing about five dollars and experience indulgent beauty.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by trishapats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. after going through a phase of using all natural products i read up on this and it seemed like a perfect moisturiser. Sadly this did not agree with my face. For the first day coconut oil was amazing and then it went downhill.
i reacted horribly and i still have red marks on my jaw from it. i tried everything, using a little amount, wiping off with a damp cloth instead of rinsing and nothing worked. after 3 weeks of using it i gave up. If it works for you then great, but if it doesn't like me then i guess its not the end of the world as its not expensive.

BUT i still use coconut oil in my hair and have been doing so since i was 14. i leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning, and my hair is nice, soft and moisturised.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No