April 18, 2014 | 1372 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by VanyaEleniel

I use coconut oil mainly as a hair mask once a week, and it makes my locks all nice and soft. It smells so delicious; my husband always takes a whiff of my hair when I have it on. I tried applying it on my face as a moisturizer, but I woke up with small, clogged bumps all over my cheeks and forehead unfortunately. For the purpose of using it as a hair treatment, it's wonderful! I purchased a tub on iHerb.com and received a 5% discount off my order when I used the coupon code EBI467 (only for first-time buyers I believe).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

I have a bottle in my kitchen, at the office, in my bathroom sink, everywhere! This oils is great, I use it on my har at night every other day and it is now so smooth, so conditioned, I love it. I also use this in my morning coffee, I add a tsp and I don't need to add sugar, it tastes so good. Also, I've tried some recipes I've found online. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

why did it take me so long too find out about this stuff? It's amazing! I bought the trader joe's virgin coconut oil for $6 and it's great. I use it on my face, body and hair. I did a treatment on my moms hair that is very processed and it came out so soft. I use it on my face and have not broken out at all, and my kids skin is so soft from this..it's not at all greasy like you may think. Love this stuff <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thebeautyfountain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i usually buy an organic coconut oil in a glass jar & heat in hot water then add it to my hair overnight or out it on after my workout at the gym & go into the sauna. I love that it leaves my hair softer & with more moisture. It's great i love it & oh I forgot to mention I do have color treated hair. Thanks guys!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I bought my first jar of coconut oil about 9 months ago and am just now polishing it off. This jar saw me all through fall and winter and using it ever day to take off my makeup. I also used it 2-3 time a week as all over body moisturizer and one a week as a deep conditioning hair treatment. I also used it intermittently as a face, cuticle and hand moisturizer (although I need something more emollient over the top of it) and boo-boo healer. I have combo skin and did not find this to break me out. In general my skin has been much less flaky and dry than other winters. I wouldn't say this is a miracle but is it is pretty awesome and everyone should keep a stash in their bathroom - if nothing else than to remove eye makeup and deep condition hair. Over the years I have bought gazillion products that were much more expensive and did not work nearly as well. Two things to note - this oil is a solid so you have to rub it in your hands to make it turn into an oil (quasi annoying) and try and find an unscented version if you can. The scented version is very sweet smelling.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love using coconut oil to remove my eye makeup or longwearing foundation (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). After I remove the layer of makeup, I water down Carnation Dry Milk and apply it thinly to my face and massage it like a cleanser. I rinse it off with a warm wash cloth and then use a mild cleanser like Cetaphil.

The milk has lactic acid which works great to gently exfoliate. The milk got rid of the small bumps under my skin. I had stopped using it for about a year and then the under skin bumps returned. I went back to using the milk and in 3 days, the bumps were gone again. I've used many exfoliants that didn't do what milk does for my skin.

The coconut oil is great for an overnight hair conditioner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil is awesome for body, hair and baby bums! I love to put it on my face at night, even though I have oily skin - it makes it super smooth by the morning and doesn't clog my pores. About baby bums: coconut oil can be used as a diaper cream that's safe for use with cloth diapers, plus since I always have some on hand, it's very convenient. My hair is too oily to use this on the roots, but I like to use it around my face to smooth down flyaways or on the ends to control frizz when it's humid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a really nice all in one for waterproof makeup removal, hair serum, and body balm. I really like to use this in the summer on my arms and legs to give them a bit of a glowy boost. When the humidity really climbs I leave my hair curly, ditch all the silicone laden products and use this as shine serum on the dry ends of my hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jen17881

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have recently gotten into trying more natural skin-/hair care products, and when I read about coconut oil, I couldn't resist giving it a shot.

I am so glad I did.

My coconut oil is extra virgin, organic, unrefined and cold-pressed. I purchased it at the Vitamin Shoppe for around $10, which I find reasonable, considering how much money I have spent in the past for other beauty products. So far I have used it in the following ways:

Hair - I have blonde, color treated hair that is fairly straight and thick. Gets greasy easily at the roots, dry at the ends. Sadly, I managed to fry some parts of it with a color-correcting shampoo, and they looked/felt like straw until I discovered coconut oil. I have tried multiple deep conditioners, leave-in treatments and styling products, without much improvement. A tiny (!) bit of coconut oil warmed between my hands and applied to dry spots during blow-drying does WONDERS for my hair. I am so impressed with how soft and manageable it has become. I am in love. Do be careful though, it's easy to apply too much and end up with greasy hair... nothing a bit of dry-shampoo cannot fix, though.

Body/Lips - It does okay as a moisturizer/lip balm. Leaves a bit too much of a film when applied to dry skin, and I honestly prefer some other lotions I own. Beautiful smell, though.

Face - I have acne prone skin that gets dry easily around the lips/cheeks. Coconut oil makes an *amazing* eye-makeup remover. It has really helped hydrate the skin around my eyes and gotten rid of some fine lines. I also use a small amount as a moisturizer every night. When applied to damp skin, it soaks right in without leaving any kind of film. So far, it has not caused me to break out, and it leaves my skin very nicely balanced as far as moisture goes.

EDIT: Sadly, this broke me out after a few weeks. I cannot even use it on my hair anymore, as it breaks out all the skin it touches. I'm even paranoid to use it as a make-up remover now. But while it lasted, it was amazing ;(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Coconut oil is a cheap and fantastic multi-purpose product. for a LARGE jar at walmart it was only $6. Though prices does vary... the most expensive I've seen it for was generally about $12 for the same amount of product.

The jar is quite large (31.5 FL OZ) and it has lasted me a little over a year.

I am completely obsessed with this... I use this to cook but also beauty related items such as:

Hair: it helps make the hair shine without weighing it down or making it greasy, it smells so good, and can sometime defrizzes your hair.*As long as you take a dime size and rub it with your fingers and use your fingers to comb your hair........ you dont have to worry about greasy feelings.

Lips: I have really dry burning lips. so at night before I go to bed I would scrub my lips and put this on the next day it is still there and my lips are super soft.

Feet: Idk about deoderizer BUT it softens my heels. I would put this on at night before bed and have my sock on... next day. almost baby soft!

down size... you can always find it in a jar so it can be a little unsanitary especially if you also use it for cooking.... try using it with a spoon to get out your product.

Dry skin: I have put this on my face where it tends to flake and it has not cause me to break out.... and I have sensitive acne prone skin. I also put this all over my body. it feels great.

from the review below apparently it can help remove dandruff... which I need to try out so I will update this in the future