July 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by trishapats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. after going through a phase of using all natural products i read up on this and it seemed like a perfect moisturiser. Sadly this did not agree with my face. For the first day coconut oil was amazing and then it went downhill.
i reacted horribly and i still have red marks on my jaw from it. i tried everything, using a little amount, wiping off with a damp cloth instead of rinsing and nothing worked. after 3 weeks of using it i gave up. If it works for you then great, but if it doesn't like me then i guess its not the end of the world as its not expensive.

BUT i still use coconut oil in my hair and have been doing so since i was 14. i leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning, and my hair is nice, soft and moisturised.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Well yeah it's not the most pleasant smell and sure is greasy. But boy does it deliver!
I used to use this for my hair, since I always used to blow-dry it. I would smear it all over my hair, wrap it in a towel, and sleep on it, and wash my hair in the morning, more or less every other day. It seriously made my hair shiny, manageable, and strong and soft.
The only reason I stopped using this is since I moved to the Netherlands, my hair's limp and soft already, I'm afraid using it would make it more flat.
But since South-East Asian old ladies used to smear their kids head with it, and the one who were lucky enough to have her mom/grandmom to do that has the most (oh God, here we go) thick, luscious, bodied, shiny, soft, and strong hair I have ever seen. Our mom were too busy, thus our not so gorgeous hair.
I also used to use this to clean my makeup and it even took off the nastiest mascara and eyeliner. It's just that now I'm so spoiled with the nice-smelling makeup remover.

No need for fancy packaging, as long as it is stored in a sturdy, well-shut glass jar/bottle. Just not so practical for storage.

I think I should go to the Asian store tomorrow to get this again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very conditioning but jsut make sure you dont put too much near your roots

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by julierockhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use extra virgin organic coconut oil on my hair. It is the only oil proven to absorb into the cortex of the hair and prevent protein loss. I have found it to be very conditioning on the hair, and wonderful for the scalp. Often the best beauty treatments have been around for ages, and are very inexpensive.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil is a true godsend.

I have been using this stuff since I was born. My Mum used to rub it into my hair and I have been using it regularly for most of my life. It is the reason I have healthy hair and nails.

Coconut oil tends to solidify so I usually put it in a bowl to float in a larger bowl of warm water. This warms up the oil gently and is perfect for rubbing in. I rub the oil into my hair and scalp and wrap it up in a towel for 30 mins or even overnight. This treatment makes my scalp healthy and my hair strong and glossy. It is incredible.

I also rub this into my nails and it keep my cuticles soft and nails strong. Coconut oil is also great for dry skin patches on elbows and knees.

This is really cheap in South Asian grocery stores which is where I always buy it.

Coconut oil is one of nature's gifts to us. Definitely give it a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by yl123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bear with me: I first used coconut oil for eye infections for my pets. Since this oil kills bacteria, I used it when they developed eye crust. I would rub some oil onto their eyes with a cotton pad. After a while, I decided to rub it in my eyes too. Hey, if it worked for them!

Anyways, my lashes began to look healthier, which I noticed when applying mascara. The skin around my eyes were very hydrated. I ran of out my Dior Capture totale lotion, and that stuff is way too expensive to buy on my budget (it was a gift). I just began using coconut oil and viola, my skin is moisturized.

It doesn't work miracles, but it worked for me. I buy mine at Trader Joes for around $6. It lasts through anything, and it's a great all purpose oil to have. I mix it with tumeric too!

Tl; dr Coconut oil is cheap, it works for eye infections, it makes my skin super soft.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by vintagepixie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Coconut Oil is my go to for everything. I use it on just about every inch of my body daily and LOVE IT! It sinks into the skin relatively quickly so you don't feel greasy, while still feeling silky smooth. I use it as my facial moisturizer- day and night. I use it to tame the fly aways on my hair. I mix mineral makeup into it for a tinted moisturizer that looks 100% natural-no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. I mix it with sugar, honey, and turmeric for a mask that makes my skin literally radiate glowy dewiness. After 3 years of daily use, I can honestly say my skin is pretty freaking amazing and wrinkle free. I FREAKING LOVE COCONUT OIL!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by leehyesook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used some Coconut oil that are not greasy and not smelly. They are really the best conditioning for my hair and skin. I have tried lots of expensive beauty product only to find out that this virgin coconut oil does it all. It's just not as commercialized like those big brand names but the results are enough to keep me contented and no longer be a slave to expensive brands. whew! glad i tried coconut oil

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sellery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm a little scared to use this on my face because I have heard it breaks some people out. I happened to have some around for cooking so I used it to moisturize my hair and actually wasn't too impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE COCONUT OIL!! I have only been using it for a short time now but the results have been amazing! I use this on my hair about once a week and it leaves it so soft and shiny, my hair is in the best condition than it has been for years! It also helps split ends and I've definately noticed my hair is growing alot faster as well! When it's time to do my oil treatment, I apply it to dry hair and message it all over, I then put on a shower cap and leave it overnight or even for a couple of hours, then I shampoo twice and wow! My hair looks and feels amazing!
I also use this on any rough patches of skin or if a spot is drying up as it makes it heal faster and takes the flakiness away! Overall, I don't think I could do without this product now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No