February 1, 2015 | 2031 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

dark purple/black, not a vamp as it is not burgundy, more of a really dark raisin colour once on. It's not a clear, sharp black, more of a murky dark brownie/black. Hi gloss doesn't last even with Seche Vite, but I find that with all the OPI colours - they change while wearing them. That is probably what I don't like about them and why I tend not to wear them, although there are some I love that are lighter and they do a very good metallic IMO. I wear it on my fingernails once in a blue moon but I am usually underwhelmed. Goes on nice, though, don't do too thin a coat either time and you can get great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

Lovvvvvvvve this color I wear it only on my toes though. I have long finger nails and i think looks to vampire on my hands. Last a long time on my toes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I looooooove this colour i have it on almost constantly on my toes, it seems to look good with every pair of shoes... The colour is basically black although a lot of pictures make it seem purple. Everytime i wear it, the effect just looks effortless.
I love it love it love it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Jaynez

Perfect color!!!!!!!!!!!! Other ebony polishes just can't beat it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC43/DDD

I have a love/indifferent relationship with this polish. I love the effect it gives from afar, but up close, the color is a bit blah. It's so close to black that it's actually a little boring because it's hard to detect any undertones (though it does look slightly more interesting in sunlight). This isn't an -unattractive- color. There are just other vampies that I find more visually interesting -- OPI's Suzi Says Da, Orly Naughty, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous, glossy, deep black violet colour. This is the same colour as some "Queen of the Night" tulips that I planted last year. It is black in non direct lights but when the light hits you see the deep purple. This colour is not for the faint of heart but it looks phenomenal against my pale skin. The wear of LPAD is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

This is one of my fave OPI nail colors, it's just a gorgeous dark purple...it's so perfect for fall/winter. This is just so pretty, simple and matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by mlit2384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this NP up because of the great reviews, but wasn't too impressed.. I liked the colour at the first coat but it was WAY too streaky (unusual consiering my other OPI's never streak) but at 2-3 coats I got an even colour, but too dark for my liking...FYI I'm med beige brown skin tone, I think it may look more flattering on lighter skin tones like the girl pictured below- I think it looks great on her... I also didn't have the greatest technique and got the colour on surrounding skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE dark, vampy nail polish shades. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a very, very dark..almost black purple matte creme shade. But unfortunately, LPAD was a bit of a let down. The color was just blah on me, and the finish of the polish was very dull. Also, the polish chipped super fast, like within the same day! Usually I love OPI polishes, but I will not be purchasing LPAD again.

Click continued to see a picture of LPAD on my nails (2 coats):

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by x0bellax0

I am such a girly girl, that i wanted to do something aliltle different....this color is really dark, but its a nice color on fingernails...i used it when i got a mani, my nails are short so it looked really nice