OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

This polish is not your basic black, it is almost so blood red that it turns black. It is more complex than your average dark color because when you look at it up close there are red and deep chocolate tones that make it, well, not what I would consider a cool black. It has warm undertones.

The color is streaky at best with one application. Two coats looks fine. It is hard to take off, but that is the way with most dark colors.

Worth a try, and a very pretty color, but I don't see myself reaching for it often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

dark purple/black, not a vamp as it is not burgundy, more of a really dark raisin colour once on. It's not a clear, sharp black, more of a murky dark brownie/black. Hi gloss doesn't last even with Seche Vite, but I find that with all the OPI colours - they change while wearing them. That is probably what I don't like about them and why I tend not to wear them, although there are some I love that are lighter and they do a very good metallic IMO. I wear it on my fingernails once in a blue moon but I am usually underwhelmed. Goes on nice, though, don't do too thin a coat either time and you can get great coverage.

on 2/16/2008 12:52:00 AM

Lovvvvvvvve this color I wear it only on my toes though. I have long finger nails and i think looks to vampire on my hands. Last a long time on my toes.

on 2/10/2008 2:54:00 AM

I looooooove this colour i have it on almost constantly on my toes, it seems to look good with every pair of shoes... The colour is basically black although a lot of pictures make it seem purple. Everytime i wear it, the effect just looks effortless.
I love it love it love it

on 2/9/2008 9:54:00 PM

Perfect color!!!!!!!!!!!! Other ebony polishes just can't beat it!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NC43/DDD

I have a love/indifferent relationship with this polish. I love the effect it gives from afar, but up close, the color is a bit blah. It's so close to black that it's actually a little boring because it's hard to detect any undertones (though it does look slightly more interesting in sunlight). This isn't an -unattractive- color. There are just other vampies that I find more visually interesting -- OPI's Suzi Says Da, Orly Naughty, etc.

on 2/2/2008 3:24:00 PM

A gorgeous, glossy, deep black violet colour. This is the same colour as some "Queen of the Night" tulips that I planted last year. It is black in non direct lights but when the light hits you see the deep purple. This colour is not for the faint of heart but it looks phenomenal against my pale skin. The wear of LPAD is great.

on 1/31/2008 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my fave OPI nail colors, it's just a gorgeous dark purple...it's so perfect for fall/winter. This is just so pretty, simple and matte.

on 1/30/2008 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this NP up because of the great reviews, but wasn't too impressed.. I liked the colour at the first coat but it was WAY too streaky (unusual consiering my other OPI's never streak) but at 2-3 coats I got an even colour, but too dark for my liking...FYI I'm med beige brown skin tone, I think it may look more flattering on lighter skin tones like the girl pictured below- I think it looks great on her... I also didn't have the greatest technique and got the colour on surrounding skin.

on 1/25/2008 6:18:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE dark, vampy nail polish shades. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a very, very dark..almost black purple matte creme shade. But unfortunately, LPAD was a bit of a let down. The color was just blah on me, and the finish of the polish was very dull. Also, the polish chipped super fast, like within the same day! Usually I love OPI polishes, but I will not be purchasing LPAD again.

Click continued to see a picture of LPAD on my nails (2 coats):