December 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation, I have been using it for years. At first I was using Lancome's Adaptive foundation in 01 but found it didn't last through the day and was slightly pink on my skin. This foundation however covered up my redness and did not appear pink (01 is yellow toned) and lasts a lot better. It is alot easier to blend than the original teint idole as well (I used the original teint idole between Adaptive and this as ultra had not been developed at the time). It does rub off however, if I blow my nose and doesn't look great if you cry alot, but is ok if my eyes run a bit due to hayfever. I have found that you do need to moisturise well, but it doesn't irritate and doesn't break me out and during the day I just pop some more powder on my nose to soak up excess oil and everything else is great. I have combination sensitised skin with red dry patches, blackheads and regular blemishes but this has not made it any worse and does a good job of covering it all up and stays matte reasonably well. I live in South Australia and even on the hottest days (44 degrees celcius) it does a great job and doesn't feel like it is sliding down your face. When I went back to New Zealand to visit family it also lasted well in the much more humid climate.

I do wish it didn't come in a glass bottle as I have dropped it and it broke and it was a nearly full bottle but not many department store brands come in plastic so what can you do. But if you like a full coverage, long lasting matte foundation this is great. I have used this for about 4 years and will continue to do so. It is well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by discoverer

I bought this makeup a couple months ago. It was the first makeup concealer i got from a "real bran". Along with all the other lancome products i got, it did wonders for my skin. Although my skin is certianly not acne free, it makes the skin look like it is. I knew it was doing its job really well is when i went back to Bloomingdales to buy more concealer bc i was running out and the MAC saleslady complimented me on my skin....Crazy!

Anyways...

Pros- Does its job, looks pretty in container it comes in

Cons- Expensive..but i guess thats what my babysitting money is for!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ashryan41

I've been looking for my perfect foundation for years, and this didn't even come close. I was hoping for something with medium to full coverage that would last long (i.e. not rub off or require touch-ups) and still look natural. Based on the good reviews and claims of durability, I picked this up. The closest match to me was Ivorie 1, though it's cool and I usually use foundation with warmer undertones. Unfortunately, it darkens and changes colour within 10 minutes of putting it on. After about 2 hours of wear (with primer underneath and powder on top), my cheeks are left looking blotchy and my pores look huge. It doesn't rub off easily, but I still notice some foundation on my fingers if I happen to touch my face. Considering what I paid for this, I was expecting MUCH more (I've used drugstore foundations that run circles around this one). I would definitely recommend getting a sample before committing to buying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by saswati_32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using MAC Studio Fix (NC 30) and Chanel Double Perfection Fluid (42 Petale) in the past. I found the DPF two liquidy and difficult to apply. Also the fact that I was given a wrong colour didn't help.
I had been given a sample of Teint Idole in Beige diaphane and loved the texture and how it seemed to make my skin glow. I bought a bottle in the same colour recently and while I still think the colour match is perfect it is quite drying on my combination/oily skin. Maybe it is the weather (I had tested it first in summer) but I don't find it comfortable to wear. Will try again in summer when it's more humid and I'm more oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Teinte Idole Ultra is one of the few foundations I have found that I like. (the only other one I like is Laura mercier Oil Free and for TM, I like Bobbi Brown's). In Teinte Idole I always can find a color match - I wear Ivorie 2 in winter (but it's a teeny bit dark so maybe the Ivorie 1 would work better), Buff 4 or Bisque 2 when I'm tannest. The coverage is medium to full, and the finish is a matte that borders on neutral. It doesn't seem to oxidize, doesn't get cakey, and lasts all day. There is very little transfer (like if anything touches your face). It also does not clog my pores which is a huge thing for me! I think I did like the original Teinte Idole better though - that one was a little less matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by cherrycheeks18

an associate at sephora recommended this product to me when i told her i was looking for a good foundation with full coverage...this foundation comes in many shades, im using "bisque" and it fits my skin tone exactly, also the coverage is good, my face looks pretty flawless ...however, i find that like most lancome products, the foundation formula is VERY dry, i have to use a moisturizer under this to make my face look less cakey, also its realllly expensive..almost 50$ here in canada...it gives good coverage, but i dont think its worth the price..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by elaineraino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. It goes on very lightly, and the shade selections aren't bad. The only problem I have with it is that the foundation tends to go on a bit dry on my skin, and shows a bit of flakies, but that might just be the winter weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by HiLLaCiLLa

I really like this foundation. It provides medium coverage (needs concealer to cover blemishes). It is super easy to apply and blend with fingers or MAC's 187 brush. It looks great under most lighting conditions and gives a subtle glow to the skin. It also has good staying power.

The color selection is great as well. Great for sensitive/acne prone skin. Does not accentuate fine lines. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by makeup_princess88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ha I don't think this foundation has good staying power but mixed with some of my other foundations, it comes out nice. Not sure if it's detrimental to be mixing foundations but hey it kind of works out under certain circumstances.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by leneeso

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read several reviews that reminded me of myself.... 30s, hormones, acne prone, etc. I have tried many foundations. This one is heavy, but provides good coverage and color. It covers up imperfections without being cakey. It does need to be "set" with a powder. I prefer photogenic loose powder very lightly. My skin looks like porcelain even with the occasional zits that pop up. Definitely give it a try!