Lancome Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

Lancome Teint Idole ULTRA  [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

aqua/water, cyclohexasiloxane, nylon-12, isododecane, alcohol denat., cyclopentasiloxane, peg-10 dimethicone, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, peg-20, hdi-trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, titanium dioxide, glycerin, silica, alumina, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, distearisotearate, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol, may contain: CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/iron oxides, CI 77891, titanium dioxideשששש

I bought this makeup a couple months ago. It was the first makeup concealer i got from a "real bran". Along with all the other lancome products i got, it did wonders for my skin. Although my skin is certianly not acne free, it makes the skin look like it is. I knew it was doing its job really well is when i went back to Bloomingdales to buy more concealer bc i was running out and the MAC saleslady complimented me on my skin....Crazy!

Anyways...

Pros- Does its job, looks pretty in container it comes in

Cons- Expensive..but i guess thats what my babysitting money is for!

I've been looking for my perfect foundation for years, and this didn't even come close. I was hoping for something with medium to full coverage that would last long (i.e. not rub off or require touch-ups) and still look natural. Based on the good reviews and claims of durability, I picked this up. The closest match to me was Ivorie 1, though it's cool and I usually use foundation with warmer undertones. Unfortunately, it darkens and changes colour within 10 minutes of putting it on. After about 2 hours of wear (with primer underneath and powder on top), my cheeks are left looking blotchy and my pores look huge. It doesn't rub off easily, but I still notice some foundation on my fingers if I happen to touch my face. Considering what I paid for this, I was expecting MUCH more (I've used drugstore foundations that run circles around this one). I would definitely recommend getting a sample before committing to buying this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using MAC Studio Fix (NC 30) and Chanel Double Perfection Fluid (42 Petale) in the past. I found the DPF two liquidy and difficult to apply. Also the fact that I was given a wrong colour didn't help.
I had been given a sample of Teint Idole in Beige diaphane and loved the texture and how it seemed to make my skin glow. I bought a bottle in the same colour recently and while I still think the colour match is perfect it is quite drying on my combination/oily skin. Maybe it is the weather (I had tested it first in summer) but I don't find it comfortable to wear. Will try again in summer when it's more humid and I'm more oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Teinte Idole Ultra is one of the few foundations I have found that I like. (the only other one I like is Laura mercier Oil Free and for TM, I like Bobbi Brown's). In Teinte Idole I always can find a color match - I wear Ivorie 2 in winter (but it's a teeny bit dark so maybe the Ivorie 1 would work better), Buff 4 or Bisque 2 when I'm tannest. The coverage is medium to full, and the finish is a matte that borders on neutral. It doesn't seem to oxidize, doesn't get cakey, and lasts all day. There is very little transfer (like if anything touches your face). It also does not clog my pores which is a huge thing for me! I think I did like the original Teinte Idole better though - that one was a little less matte.

an associate at sephora recommended this product to me when i told her i was looking for a good foundation with full coverage...this foundation comes in many shades, im using "bisque" and it fits my skin tone exactly, also the coverage is good, my face looks pretty flawless ...however, i find that like most lancome products, the foundation formula is VERY dry, i have to use a moisturizer under this to make my face look less cakey, also its realllly expensive..almost 50$ here in canada...it gives good coverage, but i dont think its worth the price..

I really like this foundation. It goes on very lightly, and the shade selections aren't bad. The only problem I have with it is that the foundation tends to go on a bit dry on my skin, and shows a bit of flakies, but that might just be the winter weather.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It provides medium coverage (needs concealer to cover blemishes). It is super easy to apply and blend with fingers or MAC's 187 brush. It looks great under most lighting conditions and gives a subtle glow to the skin. It also has good staying power.

The color selection is great as well. Great for sensitive/acne prone skin. Does not accentuate fine lines. Highly recommended!

Ha I don't think this foundation has good staying power but mixed with some of my other foundations, it comes out nice. Not sure if it's detrimental to be mixing foundations but hey it kind of works out under certain circumstances.

I read several reviews that reminded me of myself.... 30s, hormones, acne prone, etc. I have tried many foundations. This one is heavy, but provides good coverage and color. It covers up imperfections without being cakey. It does need to be "set" with a powder. I prefer photogenic loose powder very lightly. My skin looks like porcelain even with the occasional zits that pop up. Definitely give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS: (1) perfect packaging! I love pump bottles, and to have the product in this nice misted glass bottle makers it look smart and attractive. (2) Great color match for my warm beige skin tone. (3) Exceptional medium-full coverage.

CONS: (1) everything else- it is difficult to blend (2) looks cakey on my combination skin (3) fades and looks patchy by the end of the day. (4) Irritated my sensitive skin.

I really wanted to like this; it seemed so promising when I tried it out in the department store. However when I took it home, it all just went downhill. I toyed with it for a week, but no application technique would give me that perfect smooth finish I was looking for.

Overall, if you already have near perfect, or simply, normal skin (not too oily, not too dry) this foundation is likely a promising product to pursue. Otherwise, it does nothing for dry patches/fine lines/minor acne scars/etc.
Happy Shopping