NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's alright for what I use it for; I dab it in my inner corners and smudge it in to brighten that area. I'm pretty pale so the white isn't to stark. It's rubbish as a base or lining the lower waterline. This liner will last me forever; I've had it for months and I haven't had to sharpen it yet.

on 1/30/2011 11:45:00 AM

This specific product has such a cult following that I was SOOO excited when I found out that my Ulta had it. This is the best inner corner highlighter ever, its foolproof, just a smear in the inner corner and blend and it looks awesome. I also like using this on my upper lashline with a white gold eye shadow on top, looks really amazing when used this way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes - I think it was hyped up way too much, though it's not a bad product.
So, bought it for highlighting, and it's not bad for that. It's a little tough on the inner corner of my eyes though, because it's hard to blend. It's odd because it goes on SUPER opaque but practically blends away when you use your fingers.
I would recommend this more for an eyeshadow base than for highlight - if you do want to use it for a highlight, though, set it with a bit of white powder to make it last.
One thing I love this for, though - rimming my bottom water line!

on 1/26/2011 8:30:00 PM

The NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil is a great addition to my makeup collection. I cannot seem to use it simply as a primer, as it can crease. I layer a primer underneath, apply the Milk shadow, and then build my eyeshadow look over it. It's really worth it, as it adds significant vibrancy to many of my shadows, yet sometimes the shadows don't cling for hours.

For example, I layered MAC Humid (green lid) and Shadowy Lady (purple crease) -- I was going for my own Peacocky look, over the NYX Milk. I had to reapply the Humid ever hour or so for it to remain vibrant, it constantly faded. Humid is a color that gets great pigmentation and long lasting stay reviews, so I am not entirely sure why it wont cling to NYX Milk.

However, I also used the Wet n' Wild Silent Treatment look over NYX Milk, and it stayed all day. So I think you just have to play around to see what works well with it.

NYX Milk is thick and almost too creamy -- so I find that after I apply it, I need to smooth it out with the heat of my fingers. You really have to blend it, and look into a magnifying mirror, or later on you'll find odd blotches that were obviously not blended. Also, it's a bit sticky and I found after my first use, a big glob got stuck in the plastic cap -- and then the cap broke. Ug.

on 1/23/2011 1:50:00 PM

This is the famous jumbo pencil. Milk is a very pigmented opaque white. It works really well as a base or as a brow bone or inner corner highlight. This product has to be used with an eyeshadow primer underneath or it will crease. You need a very thin layer of this product to get the effect that you want. The white color intensifies eyeshadows and really makes them pop. This is a great inexpensive product that I will definately repurchase.

on 1/22/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like my Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I use it as a base when I wear colorful eyeshadows to really make the color pop. They do a good job. I use my Ulta eye base underneath to prevent creasing. I think that without it your lids would just look like a mess because this is so creamy. I've only had to sharpen it once in a month, and it barely goes down when you sharpen it. You get a lot of product for $3.50. I'm very happy with my Jumbo Pencil. I think that they deserve the hype that they get.

on 1/22/2011 2:36:00 AM

This works great as a primer and brightens many shadow shades you put over top of it. It's a very creamy consistency though, so it might not work for those with oily lids.

on 1/16/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It helps eyeshadow go on brighter. the only thing is don't put too much or it will crease.

on 1/16/2011 5:41:00 PM

Incredible. I own 4 and intend to buy more! Milk is my favorite. Great base. Really catches hold of color and makes it stay. The price is amazing and the texture is great. It's a little creamy so don't get over zealous in the application or it may crease but it blends super easy and lasts. The price is incredible and I like these better than my Clinque or Mary Kay bases as well as better than my Mac paint pots. I will totally buy again. My only advice is not to put it in th waterline because though its creamy and easy to use there it doesn't stay very well. But its perfect under the brow or in the inner corner for highlight base.

on 1/13/2011 2:08:00 AM

very happy with this stuff. i use it under my eyeshadow to act as somewhat of a white canvas, ultra pigmentation, clumps when applying but easy to smooth it out, after that no clumpage! :D will buy again and again. great deal.