NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 1/6/2011 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I figured I'd buy into all the hype and purchase Milk from my local Ulta. And I'm so glad I did! Not only is this a fantastic highlighter, but it works for me as an eyeshadow base. And that's saying something because my eyelids are very oily! It's not chalky on me at all, and I love how versatile it can be!

on 12/30/2010 5:02:00 AM

This eyeshadow is soooo pigmented! It works for me for an eyeshadow base (for my tear duct & for highlight). It's so creamy. But the only complain i have is just the packaging! It's hard to find the sharpener. I have to buy the sharpener from NYX again, it costs money for unimportant tool :(

on 12/29/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product was ok.. But again, like the Strawberry Milk, it may just be the wrong color for my complexion.. Or I may have been using too much because it appeared very chalky on my skin. I've seen other people use it and it looks lovely.. So the problem may have been my application or just me. I'd be willing to try it again in the future.. But for now, I have the "cottage cheese" pencil and I really like it. It's more sheer.

on 12/19/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Ok. So I've had Milk for about 2 mos and didn't like it. As a dark skinned AA, I needed something to make my shadow pop. I have UDPP but I needed something more. Milk made my shadows look chalky so I ordered Gold and Coffee Bean. Loved how they made different colors just POP! So I tried Milk again. Whaaaaat! Apparently I had to use lightly and build up. I put on a blue and purple eye using the patting method. GORGEOUS! So this is a must! I am a product junkie so anytime I can find a great product for cheap, I am a happy pj! Milk is a must!

on 12/16/2010 11:39:00 PM

I was looking for a soft white eyeliner for my waterline - and I got all that and so much more with NYX's milk! First, it's buttery soft and easy to apply. The color is bright white and very blendable. It works on the waterline, or as a base for eye shadow. It's great for light-skinned complexions because it helps the eyeshadows really POP and stay all day. Some people here complain of creasing, but I haven't had any problems with creasing when I use this as a base (I just put a thick swipe on my lashline and little swipe under my browbone and blend it onto the entire lid, so it's not too thick).

Overall, I am new to NYX and I am LOVING their products; they are super affordable and high quality. I don't have an Ulta near my house, so I buy them off of Ebay where they are super cheap and shipping is fast. Highly recommended!

on 12/15/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It does its job which is to make the eye shadow colors pop more. If you use too much it will crease. I use a primer underneath it for lasting power and to stop creasing.

on 12/12/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I decided to oin the rave and I am glad I did. I love my Nyx jumbo pencil in Milk. I apply it after my UDPP when I am using extremely bright colors for just a little more intensity and it does wonders. I don't think I could live without this now. It also works for a white eyeliner, and can be easily depotted it you're worried about that.
Would recommend, and will buy again.

on 12/11/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this jumbo pencil! I use it on my waterline and I use it before applying eyeshadow. It just makes the colors so much more vibrant. I've had no problems with this being dry or cakey. I apply a small amount and rub it in. There is creasing but it's not that bad (I deal with it and don't care).
12/3/12 update: I have since stopped using this. Yes it's okay as a base for eyeshadow. But it creases and wears off within the day. ELF makes a decent primer for $1 at Target.

on 12/11/2010 8:26:00 PM

SWOON!

I absolutely love this. I find that it works well under almost any shade of eyeshadow and also works well at creating a fade from inner corner to outer corner.

I've never been one to wear WHITE eyeshadow but I do like the lightness that this provides me. It's a blank canvas, which makes layering anything on top of it to be fun.

Don't use too much, otherwise it'll crease. I just apply a few swipes on my eyelid and blend out with my finger. The heat from my finger helps it blend better than a brush would. I don't use an eyeshadow primer - rather, I dot a little of my Revlon ColorStay foundation on my eyelids and find that I don't have any creasing.

I also use this under my browbone with a little MAC Phloof! over it, and the combo makes for a great brow highlighter.

I buy my NYX pencils at my local Ulta, which is the only local vendor near me that carries them - but yes, definitely recommend!

on 12/9/2010 2:14:00 AM

I also wanted to love this product but I find it chalky, thick and hard to work with. Maybe i'm applying it wrong, but i've tried it with many good quality brushes and smudgers and it still looks awful. Also I don't like the shade - I wanted a more natural colour, not stark white.

I have the Jumbo pencil in Iced Mocha and that's great, so I will definitely buy more Jumbos. Milk was a mistake.

Top Rated NYX Products