December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a soft white eyeliner for my waterline - and I got all that and so much more with NYX's milk! First, it's buttery soft and easy to apply. The color is bright white and very blendable. It works on the waterline, or as a base for eye shadow. It's great for light-skinned complexions because it helps the eyeshadows really POP and stay all day. Some people here complain of creasing, but I haven't had any problems with creasing when I use this as a base (I just put a thick swipe on my lashline and little swipe under my browbone and blend it onto the entire lid, so it's not too thick).

Overall, I am new to NYX and I am LOVING their products; they are super affordable and high quality. I don't have an Ulta near my house, so I buy them off of Ebay where they are super cheap and shipping is fast. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does its job which is to make the eye shadow colors pop more. If you use too much it will crease. I use a primer underneath it for lasting power and to stop creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AutumnAngelx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to oin the rave and I am glad I did. I love my Nyx jumbo pencil in Milk. I apply it after my UDPP when I am using extremely bright colors for just a little more intensity and it does wonders. I don't think I could live without this now. It also works for a white eyeliner, and can be easily depotted it you're worried about that.
Would recommend, and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I love this jumbo pencil! I use it on my waterline and I use it before applying eyeshadow. It just makes the colors so much more vibrant. I've had no problems with this being dry or cakey. I apply a small amount and rub it in. There is creasing but it's not that bad (I deal with it and don't care).
12/3/12 update: I have since stopped using this. Yes it's okay as a base for eyeshadow. But it creases and wears off within the day. ELF makes a decent primer for $1 at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

SWOON!

I absolutely love this. I find that it works well under almost any shade of eyeshadow and also works well at creating a fade from inner corner to outer corner.

I've never been one to wear WHITE eyeshadow but I do like the lightness that this provides me. It's a blank canvas, which makes layering anything on top of it to be fun.

Don't use too much, otherwise it'll crease. I just apply a few swipes on my eyelid and blend out with my finger. The heat from my finger helps it blend better than a brush would. I don't use an eyeshadow primer - rather, I dot a little of my Revlon ColorStay foundation on my eyelids and find that I don't have any creasing.

I also use this under my browbone with a little MAC Phloof! over it, and the combo makes for a great brow highlighter.

I buy my NYX pencils at my local Ulta, which is the only local vendor near me that carries them - but yes, definitely recommend!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also wanted to love this product but I find it chalky, thick and hard to work with. Maybe i'm applying it wrong, but i've tried it with many good quality brushes and smudgers and it still looks awful. Also I don't like the shade - I wanted a more natural colour, not stark white.

I have the Jumbo pencil in Iced Mocha and that's great, so I will definitely buy more Jumbos. Milk was a mistake.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by findingeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product and but it creases after just a couple of hours, with that being said, the only product that i've found that doesn't crease on me is MAC's paint pots, everything else that i've tried doesn't work.
I do however LOVE the colour payoff and it really makes enhances the eyeshadow, so if you don't suffer with oil eye lids then this product would be great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

This works as a great base for when I feel like wearing bright eyeshadows. It gives the colors just enough oomph. Everyone should have this in their makeup kit. It's cheap and versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't say much more than what's already been said, but I'll add to the positive reviews because this place is what made me try this in the first place! Great base to make colours pop, nice highlighter for under the brows and in the inner corners, decent shadow by itself. Blends really nicely and isn't a trashy looking white. Really versatile, and best of all, it's not very expensive and it's huge! Great product and great colour. I want to try the other Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencils now in other shades because this one was such a huge hit for me. Used to be on my "next time I'm in America" list, but some Rexalls in Canada carry the NYX line now so I was able to get one here!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

NYX pencil in Milk is exactly what I was looking for to brighten up some shadows I have. When applied all over the lid, it really turned up the volume on a royal blue shadow I used as part of my Lady GaGa costume this Halloween! It never creased, and the shadow lasted for ages. I do find this pencil to be a bit on the dry side, even though it's creamy, and it did tug at my skin a bit, unlike the black version. Overall, for the price, size, and staying power, it really is a great product.