LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 6/30/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love love this bar!! Now that I have started using it I do not know how I could live without it. My skin has never felt softer. This is super moisturizing so for those of you who have dry skin this is a great product. I have tiny bumps on my arms and thighs and this helps to reduce them. Now I have very few and they are hardly visible. This cuts down getting ready because now I do not have to moisturize after I get out of the shower. It is definitely worth a try if you have not already.

on 6/22/2008 5:11:00 PM

Now known as just Buffy, this body butter bar is the little exfoliator that could. It sloughs away all the dead skin, the rough patches, the yucky backside bumps I didn't even realize I had until this.

At first use, I was confused - was it a body butter or an exfoliator? I didn't realize one product could be both. It does feel quite greasy at first, but when those little grains start to surface, it's like a renewal for every body part this baby touches. My skin feels super soft and delightfully smooth, but I do use a body wash afterward just to get rid of the slippery feeling. I'm sure that kind of defeats the purpose of the body butter part, but I buy this for the exfoliating properties alone. This is definitely one of Lush's gems. The scent isn't my favorite (kind of herbal?) but it's not offensive, and it doesn't stick to the skin. Love this, and will buy again and again, as long as Lush makes it. Just a word to the wise: keep this out of the shower when not in use, and keep it dry. It'll make it last a lot longer.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Although I think that Buffy, like all LUSH stuff, is way overpriced, I have to admit that I adore it. I love the convenience of a solid scrub and this works better than the various scrub bars that are Buffy knock offs. One of the few products out there that does exactly what it promises to.

on 6/17/2008 10:28:00 PM

Buffy was recommended to me by a sales associate on a last minute shopping errand before my beach holiday. It really helped keep my sun-drenched skin looking vibrant and moisturized - even my boyfriend ended up using it quite a bit. We went through a 3.3 oz bar in 2 weeks. It melts quite easily in a warm shower unfortunately -- as soon as I place my hand on the bar, it begins to melt! But this seems easily remedied by storing the bar in the fridge (a suggestion I read somewhere). I know some other ladies noted how greasy it felt. It does go on a bit greasy, but the greasiness goes away fairly quickly for me after a shower. Lovely product =)

on 5/29/2008 3:49:00 AM

Absolutely divine! It's only a block of exfoliant but I bought this in London. It must remind me of my trip I took with my husband for me to gush about it like this. Whatever it is, it leaves your skin feeling very nice.

on 5/29/2008 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I just tried this bar tonight after purchasing it on impluse from LUSH store. I went there to get the cupcake from a recommendation at the MAC store by and artist and walked out with a fat bar of Buffy that I never heard of until the Lush sales girl recommended it. This is exactly what im looking for in an exfoliator! It is easy to used and isnt to harsh on my senstive skin but gets the job done, locking in the moisture with the shea and cocoa butters in it. I probably wont purchase again since I know that with the right ingredients I could make it myself cheaper and with more bars! This bar will last me a long time since I split it into 4 good size pieces. I will recommend to everyone that wants moisture and a scrub in one!

on 5/22/2008 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally get to a LUSH store. I bought so many items there - but this is my favorite. I love how it's course and rough and creamy all at the same time but leaves your skin so smooth. My butt has never been so smooth. It almost seems like it toned my skin a bit, too. Love this but it's very expensive and did not last very long despite my being very careful to not waste it. I love it so much so that I probably would repurchase, in spite of the price. BTW - the sales lady at the store was very nice, too. She took plenty of time to demonstrate many of the products and was so helpful and sweet. One other gripe I have is there is no packaging - which is fine to not waste and all, but I have not idea what's what now ... the items I love - who knows what they are? That kinda sucks and is not really smart on their part.

I absolutely love this product. Great buffing properties, although I could imagine it might be a bit coarse on those with thin or sensitive skin. I love how it makes my skin so silky smooth, and it smells delicious. It does go VERY quickly though, and at that price, thats not a good thing. I may end up having to make my own. Edit: Not quite 2 weeks, and my Buffy is gone. I have since started making my own- Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Ground Rice and Perfume Oil. Melt the butters & wax, add the ground rice and perfume oil, leave to set in a mold. Easy, cheaper, and I think mine is nicer with my perfume oils instead of boring Lavender.

on 5/13/2008 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this is it i cut it in pieces and in the shower i step away from the stream and scrub (heavenly)
on my elbows it does wonders i don t need body cream after using this and the smell is wonderful .

it is a bit expensive but if you cut it in litlle square and freeze the leftover it s ok

I actually found Buffy to be highly over-rated. I have little bumps on my upper arms and heard Buffy would be able to get rid of these. And so I gave it a try. It does leave my skin feeling soft, but that's about all it does. I also find it disappears very quickly (and yes I keep it in a tin away from water).