November 27, 2014 | 1003 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by SilverGreyEyes

Got a Buffy as part of winning a huge lush box. I cut it up and use little pieces in the shower. I've really come to love this one, and will definitely be buying another.
The only real issue for me is that it sometimes leaves my skin feeling a little oily afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by stephanie_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I honestly can't remember when I purchased my first Buffy, but it's one of those products I fell in love with immediately and have remained loyal to. I love scrubs in general and I really do love the convenience of a solid scrub bar, but that doesn't begin to describe my affection for this baby and what it does for my butt and thighs. I've tried dupes but nothing even comes close!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by CorreLola

All hail Buffy. I bought my first bar in London, when after coming across one too many Lush shops, I decided to finally enter one. This is how it works: grainy bits (ground almonds and Azuki beans) are embedded in a block of moisturizing goodness (shea and cocoa butter), so that when you apply this to the back of the thighs and the butt, you can feel those bumpy bits (and you know you have them) going away. Much more user-friendly than a salt or sugar scrub. Buffy has really become a stapple for me. Again, as with all Lush products except bath bombs, this is pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jamaica57

This bar is expensive--but it really does work well. I get the big bar & use a knife to cut it into a bunch of chunks. I keep all the chunks in a Ziploc outside of the shower & just use one chunk a week.

It smells nice & it does a great job of exfoliating. I like it best in the wintertime, as it leaves a coating on the skin which can feel a little icky in the hot summer heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by grownupingenue

I am giving this product a 4 based on price alone, really, because it is super expensive for what you get (maybe a 4.5 is more fair if I could do that!). But it is effective and less of a mess than a salt scrub, and I have noticed that it helps with my dry winter skin (though I still add lotion afterwards). It's a really nice product, it does last awhile if you're not using it in direct contact with a shower spray, it's just quite expensive. Still, I'll probably repurchase this next winter because it is a quick and effective way to deal with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that it's extremely overpriced, I love this stuff. I make it last for as long as humanly possible (e.g. keep it in the refrigerator and cut it into 9 smaller squares--a little goes a long way). It exfoliates like no other and leaves my skin feeling so soft/smooth, it's unbelievable. I got a bunch of comments about how smooth my skin was.

There's no packaging. In a sense, it's so exfoliating, it almost hurts, and I hate cleaning the tub afterward (I live in an old, old apartment at school, so the drain is slightly messed up), but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

I bought this bar while I was in London. There, it is the equivalent to $10 and VERY cheap relative to everything else. Here in the US, it is now $20 (did I just see that on the Lush site?!) and you can buy a ton of other stuff for that money. Regardless, this stuff is fantastic. You need to be careful with the bar(melting and such), but I love it. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, but not greasy. It really makes me feel great. Some people have complained about the smell, but I like it-it's subtle. With that being said, I probably will NOT repurchase it, as it is not a necessity, but I would trade for it at any time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it; I tell my friends about it. I feel like there could be a BETTER product out there; I just haven't found it yet. It's a little pricey, but I love how smooth and supple my skin feels when I step out of the shower. I love to apply lotion/cream/oil afterwards; my skin GLOWS. And my 'backside' feels noticeably smoother and softer after each use. I give it all 4's because I think there could be something even better out there - I just haven't found it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MissJones519

Well, to start with, there's no packaging, but I gave it 5, as there's no waste product.
But, in the shower, this stuff is GOOD! Makes my skin feel amazingly silky smooth; the little granules really work well at exfoliating my skin, especillay on tough dry areas. But the reason why I really loves this product is because of the way it reduced my wrinky and ugly knees. That strange wrinkly bit above my kneecap was really disgusting; but now its smoother than the legs of a race horse!
However, I've only voted this 4 as I find it melts v. v. v. quickly in the shower, so you have to keep dashing in and out to get it and put it back, which isn't great in the morning. Also, if you accidentally leave it in a tin like I did, it grows mould, and the whole lump's ruined.
But, otrher than that, this is definelty work the 4.95.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, like many here have already said, and I agree -- this product is way overpriced (like all of Lush's products), but it does what it says it will and that's what makes the price bearable for me! I love the way my skin feels after I use it. I do treat it with kidgloves, though, by using it and quickly getting it out of water's sight so it'll last longer.