September 22, 2014 | 1936 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by grownupingenue

I am giving this product a 4 based on price alone, really, because it is super expensive for what you get (maybe a 4.5 is more fair if I could do that!). But it is effective and less of a mess than a salt scrub, and I have noticed that it helps with my dry winter skin (though I still add lotion afterwards). It's a really nice product, it does last awhile if you're not using it in direct contact with a shower spray, it's just quite expensive. Still, I'll probably repurchase this next winter because it is a quick and effective way to deal with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that it's extremely overpriced, I love this stuff. I make it last for as long as humanly possible (e.g. keep it in the refrigerator and cut it into 9 smaller squares--a little goes a long way). It exfoliates like no other and leaves my skin feeling so soft/smooth, it's unbelievable. I got a bunch of comments about how smooth my skin was.

There's no packaging. In a sense, it's so exfoliating, it almost hurts, and I hate cleaning the tub afterward (I live in an old, old apartment at school, so the drain is slightly messed up), but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

I bought this bar while I was in London. There, it is the equivalent to $10 and VERY cheap relative to everything else. Here in the US, it is now $20 (did I just see that on the Lush site?!) and you can buy a ton of other stuff for that money. Regardless, this stuff is fantastic. You need to be careful with the bar(melting and such), but I love it. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, but not greasy. It really makes me feel great. Some people have complained about the smell, but I like it-it's subtle. With that being said, I probably will NOT repurchase it, as it is not a necessity, but I would trade for it at any time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it; I tell my friends about it. I feel like there could be a BETTER product out there; I just haven't found it yet. It's a little pricey, but I love how smooth and supple my skin feels when I step out of the shower. I love to apply lotion/cream/oil afterwards; my skin GLOWS. And my 'backside' feels noticeably smoother and softer after each use. I give it all 4's because I think there could be something even better out there - I just haven't found it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MissJones519

Well, to start with, there's no packaging, but I gave it 5, as there's no waste product.
But, in the shower, this stuff is GOOD! Makes my skin feel amazingly silky smooth; the little granules really work well at exfoliating my skin, especillay on tough dry areas. But the reason why I really loves this product is because of the way it reduced my wrinky and ugly knees. That strange wrinkly bit above my kneecap was really disgusting; but now its smoother than the legs of a race horse!
However, I've only voted this 4 as I find it melts v. v. v. quickly in the shower, so you have to keep dashing in and out to get it and put it back, which isn't great in the morning. Also, if you accidentally leave it in a tin like I did, it grows mould, and the whole lump's ruined.
But, otrher than that, this is definelty work the 4.95.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, like many here have already said, and I agree -- this product is way overpriced (like all of Lush's products), but it does what it says it will and that's what makes the price bearable for me! I love the way my skin feels after I use it. I do treat it with kidgloves, though, by using it and quickly getting it out of water's sight so it'll last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

This is a revolutionary product that spawned countless duplicates from other bath and body peddlers.

With good reason. It's incredible. Instead of your traditional oil and sugar scrub in a jar, it's a solid block of cocoa butter, shea butter, ground rice, ground beans, and toning essential oils.

The scent is herbal, smelling rather similar to LUSH's Dreamtime melt to my nose. A lot of people do not care for the smell, so I would advise sniffing prior to buying.

However, a lot of people can ignore their hatred for the smell because the results are so lovely. Before a hot date or slipping into a bathing suit, I use Buffy.

Keep this item out of direct water flow and let it dry before storing--it will melt quickly. It's expensive but if you use it wisely it will last through a good 7-10 full-body scrubs. Be gentle with the pressure; the scratchy-factor is intensive and can be irritating to the chest, arms, belly, etc.

If you have oily skin, pass this one up. You will NOT need lotion after using this scrub bar.

I love it so much; it's made my stretch marks from puberty diminish to faint white lines and tones my butt temporarily. Lovely stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

This makes my skin feel like SILK! I love using it on my legs after i've shaved, and on my arms and...oh heck, everywhere! The smell is nice enough, not my favorite, but it grows on you. Mine actually last a long time..i save it for special occations and get at least a dozen uses out of it. I step out of the shower, towel off a tiny bit and scrub it in. After i'm covered with buffy, i rub it on with my hands and rinse. and oh, how glorious you feel. *mmmmm*. My ex also loved this to soothe his super dry skin..he would apply it to his hands and then over and rough patches. Yup, good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by athena123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I do think this product is overpriced (but I think ALL Lush stuff is overpriced...), this is hands down my favorite product of theirs. I love the idea of a solid scrub and this leaves my skin smooth and polished every time I use it. So, even though I think they overcharge for it, I continue to purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 8:58:00 AM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a mediocre product, compared to King of Skin.

The grits are too harsh for my sensitive skin (makes me red) and doesn't ACTUALLY exfoliate (maybe on feet, but not on the rest of the body), they get all over the bathtub, and it smells oddly like plastic or play-dough or something.

Didn't make me any softer like King of Skin.