LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 6/17/2008 10:28:00 PM

Buffy was recommended to me by a sales associate on a last minute shopping errand before my beach holiday. It really helped keep my sun-drenched skin looking vibrant and moisturized - even my boyfriend ended up using it quite a bit. We went through a 3.3 oz bar in 2 weeks. It melts quite easily in a warm shower unfortunately -- as soon as I place my hand on the bar, it begins to melt! But this seems easily remedied by storing the bar in the fridge (a suggestion I read somewhere). I know some other ladies noted how greasy it felt. It does go on a bit greasy, but the greasiness goes away fairly quickly for me after a shower. Lovely product =)

on 5/29/2008 3:49:00 AM

Absolutely divine! It's only a block of exfoliant but I bought this in London. It must remind me of my trip I took with my husband for me to gush about it like this. Whatever it is, it leaves your skin feeling very nice.

on 5/29/2008 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I just tried this bar tonight after purchasing it on impluse from LUSH store. I went there to get the cupcake from a recommendation at the MAC store by and artist and walked out with a fat bar of Buffy that I never heard of until the Lush sales girl recommended it. This is exactly what im looking for in an exfoliator! It is easy to used and isnt to harsh on my senstive skin but gets the job done, locking in the moisture with the shea and cocoa butters in it. I probably wont purchase again since I know that with the right ingredients I could make it myself cheaper and with more bars! This bar will last me a long time since I split it into 4 good size pieces. I will recommend to everyone that wants moisture and a scrub in one!

on 5/22/2008 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally get to a LUSH store. I bought so many items there - but this is my favorite. I love how it's course and rough and creamy all at the same time but leaves your skin so smooth. My butt has never been so smooth. It almost seems like it toned my skin a bit, too. Love this but it's very expensive and did not last very long despite my being very careful to not waste it. I love it so much so that I probably would repurchase, in spite of the price. BTW - the sales lady at the store was very nice, too. She took plenty of time to demonstrate many of the products and was so helpful and sweet. One other gripe I have is there is no packaging - which is fine to not waste and all, but I have not idea what's what now ... the items I love - who knows what they are? That kinda sucks and is not really smart on their part.

I absolutely love this product. Great buffing properties, although I could imagine it might be a bit coarse on those with thin or sensitive skin. I love how it makes my skin so silky smooth, and it smells delicious. It does go VERY quickly though, and at that price, thats not a good thing. I may end up having to make my own. Edit: Not quite 2 weeks, and my Buffy is gone. I have since started making my own- Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Ground Rice and Perfume Oil. Melt the butters & wax, add the ground rice and perfume oil, leave to set in a mold. Easy, cheaper, and I think mine is nicer with my perfume oils instead of boring Lavender.

on 5/13/2008 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this is it i cut it in pieces and in the shower i step away from the stream and scrub (heavenly)
on my elbows it does wonders i don t need body cream after using this and the smell is wonderful .

it is a bit expensive but if you cut it in litlle square and freeze the leftover it s ok

I actually found Buffy to be highly over-rated. I have little bumps on my upper arms and heard Buffy would be able to get rid of these. And so I gave it a try. It does leave my skin feeling soft, but that's about all it does. I also find it disappears very quickly (and yes I keep it in a tin away from water).

on 4/21/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE buffy.....it's a fairly grainy scrub that smells gorgeous and is pretty much a moisturiser in itself.I really like the feeling of getting out of the shower and your skin feeling already moisturised but I know it's not for everyone...some people might find it a greasy/oily ick feeling.
The only problem I have with Lush stuff is it goes WAY to quickly making it super expensive.....with buffy(and i've started doing it with my other lush soaps) I just cut off a small chunk and take that into the shower with me..can be a bit annoying but at least it lasts longer that way.

Got a Buffy as part of winning a huge lush box. I cut it up and use little pieces in the shower. I've really come to love this one, and will definitely be buying another.
The only real issue for me is that it sometimes leaves my skin feeling a little oily afterwards.

on 3/13/2008 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly can't remember when I purchased my first Buffy, but it's one of those products I fell in love with immediately and have remained loyal to. I love scrubs in general and I really do love the convenience of a solid scrub bar, but that doesn't begin to describe my affection for this baby and what it does for my butt and thighs. I've tried dupes but nothing even comes close!

Top Rated LUSH Products