LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

I absolutely love this product. Great buffing properties, although I could imagine it might be a bit coarse on those with thin or sensitive skin. I love how it makes my skin so silky smooth, and it smells delicious. It does go VERY quickly though, and at that price, thats not a good thing. I may end up having to make my own. Edit: Not quite 2 weeks, and my Buffy is gone. I have since started making my own- Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Ground Rice and Perfume Oil. Melt the butters & wax, add the ground rice and perfume oil, leave to set in a mold. Easy, cheaper, and I think mine is nicer with my perfume oils instead of boring Lavender.

on 5/13/2008 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this is it i cut it in pieces and in the shower i step away from the stream and scrub (heavenly)
on my elbows it does wonders i don t need body cream after using this and the smell is wonderful .

it is a bit expensive but if you cut it in litlle square and freeze the leftover it s ok

I actually found Buffy to be highly over-rated. I have little bumps on my upper arms and heard Buffy would be able to get rid of these. And so I gave it a try. It does leave my skin feeling soft, but that's about all it does. I also find it disappears very quickly (and yes I keep it in a tin away from water).

on 4/21/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE buffy.....it's a fairly grainy scrub that smells gorgeous and is pretty much a moisturiser in itself.I really like the feeling of getting out of the shower and your skin feeling already moisturised but I know it's not for everyone...some people might find it a greasy/oily ick feeling.
The only problem I have with Lush stuff is it goes WAY to quickly making it super expensive.....with buffy(and i've started doing it with my other lush soaps) I just cut off a small chunk and take that into the shower with me..can be a bit annoying but at least it lasts longer that way.

Got a Buffy as part of winning a huge lush box. I cut it up and use little pieces in the shower. I've really come to love this one, and will definitely be buying another.
The only real issue for me is that it sometimes leaves my skin feeling a little oily afterwards.

on 3/13/2008 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly can't remember when I purchased my first Buffy, but it's one of those products I fell in love with immediately and have remained loyal to. I love scrubs in general and I really do love the convenience of a solid scrub bar, but that doesn't begin to describe my affection for this baby and what it does for my butt and thighs. I've tried dupes but nothing even comes close!

on 2/22/2008 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

All hail Buffy. I bought my first bar in London, when after coming across one too many Lush shops, I decided to finally enter one. This is how it works: grainy bits (ground almonds and Azuki beans) are embedded in a block of moisturizing goodness (shea and cocoa butter), so that when you apply this to the back of the thighs and the butt, you can feel those bumpy bits (and you know you have them) going away. Much more user-friendly than a salt or sugar scrub. Buffy has really become a stapple for me. Again, as with all Lush products except bath bombs, this is pricey, but worth it.

on 2/11/2008 8:54:00 PM

This bar is expensive--but it really does work well. I get the big bar & use a knife to cut it into a bunch of chunks. I keep all the chunks in a Ziploc outside of the shower & just use one chunk a week.

It smells nice & it does a great job of exfoliating. I like it best in the wintertime, as it leaves a coating on the skin which can feel a little icky in the hot summer heat.

I am giving this product a 4 based on price alone, really, because it is super expensive for what you get (maybe a 4.5 is more fair if I could do that!). But it is effective and less of a mess than a salt scrub, and I have noticed that it helps with my dry winter skin (though I still add lotion afterwards). It's a really nice product, it does last awhile if you're not using it in direct contact with a shower spray, it's just quite expensive. Still, I'll probably repurchase this next winter because it is a quick and effective way to deal with dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the fact that it's extremely overpriced, I love this stuff. I make it last for as long as humanly possible (e.g. keep it in the refrigerator and cut it into 9 smaller squares--a little goes a long way). It exfoliates like no other and leaves my skin feeling so soft/smooth, it's unbelievable. I got a bunch of comments about how smooth my skin was.

There's no packaging. In a sense, it's so exfoliating, it almost hurts, and I hate cleaning the tub afterward (I live in an old, old apartment at school, so the drain is slightly messed up), but it's definitely worth it.

Top Rated LUSH Products