December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Sakurazukamori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this makeup remover. It is the only one that managed to remove my waterproof mascara without removing my eyelashes in the process and without having to rub like crazy.
I know it is a bit oily, but it comes in the label you ought to wash your eyes/lips after applying so, no big deal for me.
The only thing I do not like much is the packaging. It is somewhat difficult to open the bottle at the first time. It is also bad to take in trips cause it leaks a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this makeup remover, it takes everything off in just a couple swipes.

Here's how I use it: I wet a square of cotton w/it, wipe once to get everything off my eyelid. Then I press gently and hold to let it soak my lashes, wipe lashes gently, and the mascara is gone (and taking off mascara is my least favorite part of the face cleansing process, so the fact that this makes it easy is a big deal for me). And then I wipe my eyelid and lashes very gently with the dry side of the cotton pad.

Then I repeat with my undereye area and voila, all clean! No tugging necessary, no greasiness, and no burning or stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by bbsxprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This takes off my eye make up in one swipe. I've used others that smear my mascara and eyeliner everywhere instead of actually--removing it!
I never have to actually purchase it because I always get it in one of those "gift with purchase" specials. It's 1.7 oz and the one you can buy in the store is $8 for 1.69 oz so I think that's a pretty good deal.
Plus I really love the cap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by angel220fish

The one I have is a makeup remover for lids, lashes and lips. I purchased this at discounted price, and have used it for years. I do not put on make up regularly, and so this would suffice for me in general.
The one part I dislike about it is that when it gets into my eyes, I can barely see! Everything becomes a blur even after I washed my face and took a shower.
I like soaking it into a cotton pad and pressing it against my lids and lashes for about 10 seconds. It might be a better idea to use cotton swab for the lashes to clean the hard to rid residue, since the water-proof mascara only comes off easily with the cotton pad when I had it lightly applied, not when it's heavily applied, and the roots and creases is just way too much work for the cotton pad and irritation for my eyes.
I have tried Lancome's Bi-Facil sample; I didn't think they differ but it has been a while so I might have forgotten. As far as I can remember, I didn't have the blurry problem with Lancome's. The price, however, is much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Illuminous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very effective oil-based eye make-up remover. people who wear a lot of eye make-up need an oil-based remover, SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR THE EYES! i can't stress this enough. some people use baby oil. baby oil will carry product into the back of your eyes your crazy people. for those of you who complain about the oiliness with this product, it says on the bottle you are meant to rinse off the excess oil. be careful if you have sensitive eyes. & don't rub to remove eye make-up. be soft. your eyes are precious. pour some product onto a cotton pad, & press it onto your closed eye for about 10 seconds. it will help to dissolve & loosen the make-up & make for easier removal. wipe downwards on the lashes, don't wipe across because you'll stretch your eyes. in regards to any excess make-up product under the eye, wipe it inwards to the corner of the eye, because this is where our eye drains. be patient. spend as much time taking off your make-up as you do putting it on. :) p.s. it's a lip make-up remover too. ;)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by saphire82

I started using this when I got a free gift and I just bought a full size. I know it says its for eyes and lips but I use it for my whole face. Im not going to gripe about the residue it leaves because for me, the only thing I want to put on my face that shouldnt be rinsed or washed off is my creams or treatments. That being said I use this on my entire face before washing it. Just tip the bottle once or twice on a cotton round and thats enough for my whole face so it will last a really long time and make it worth the money. I find that it helps my cleanser do its job better and that my face feels cleaner and smoother. Without it I have more clogged pores, even if I have washed with cleanser twice. Its similar to Mary Kay's makeup remover which I like too. I might try the take the day off cleansing balm, hopefully I will get a sample first though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

After trying many makeup removers for waterproof liner, mascara and eyeshadow I finally found one that will take everything in one swipe. I've been using this for a week now and I no longer have to pull and rub my eyelids to get the makeup off. I gave it a 4 because its pricey for such little product and its really oily. For anyone with oily skin like myself, I highly recommend that you use this product then cleanse your face to make sure all the oily product is washed off. Its definitely worth the money if you wear a lot of waterproof products and have trouble removing them with drug store brand makeup remover,

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

This product would work very well for heavy makeup that needs a heavy duty makeup remover, but for someone like me who just wears mascara, it was too oily and I had to rinse my eye area afterwards to prevent my pores from clogging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by monkeypowder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First time I used this when I was in high school, I fell in love with it. I have never used any other products because the product pretty much does the job of removing mascara, eye lines, eyeshadow and lipstick from my face. I dab this product on cotton pad three times to create wider surface for my eyes. I rub it on my face after I used on my eyes and lips. This product has got bit of oil but it is harmless to my eyes. my eyes are quite sensitive and it does not bother my at all. I would definitely buy this product again because it is gentle, not that pricey and does its jobs. I must say it leave your eyes with bit of light oils...that would be the only con. However, if you are removing your eye make up and lips, obvious you will wash your face? that will solve the con of this product :p

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched to this from Lancome Bi-Facil due to experiencing issues with my Lancome bottle leaking on planes due to the lower cabin pressure. Some reviewers have said that they are comparable, but to me they aren't. That being said the clinique is much cheaper than Lancome and does a good job of removing all my eye makeup at the end of the day. For nights out when I wear more makeup including waterproof mascara, I simply make sure my cotton pad is soaked with a good amount of the product, and makeup removal is a breeze. This is a dual phase remover which needs to be shaken prior to use and comes in a bottle with a safety cap which is convenient for traveling. Although this is great for the price point, I will not be repurchasing and will return to Clarins instant eye makeup remover, which I purchased prior to Lancome and used up the entire bottle without realizing what a great product I was on to. The reason I prefer Clarins and Lancome over Clinique is that they are more oily and give more slip, and I feel that the oiliness reduces tugging more around the eye area as well as does a slightly better job of dissolving eye makeup. Since a bottle of eye makeup remover lasts me a few months, I'm pretty willing to spend the extra $10 or so on it. Again, Clinique is still a great product, and if you don't like super oily eye makeup removers but want something effective, this is the product for you.