Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/9/2009 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i really like this makeup remover. one soaked cotton ball does the job for both eyes (and this is after going out with eyeliner, mascara, and shadow) without irritating my eyes. no stinging or burning, and best of all--no removing my eyelashes in the process!! it does seem to leave an oily residue, but i wash my face after, so no biggie. would buy again for sure.

on 9/9/2009 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye make-up remover of all time. I think water-based removers are usually a waste of money because they don't really get into dissolving heavy eyeliner/mascara. In the past, I've tried oil based Neutrogena and Sephora brand eye make-up removers and I thought they were awfully greasy and stung my eyes. Clinique's gets the job done and is really gentle.

on 8/21/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It removes mascara and eye make up well without irritation. The bottle is super cute. Seriously though you can find some 2 bucks that will do the same thing.

on 8/21/2009 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My very sensitive skin/eyes and Clinique skincare products don't seem to agree but I got a small bottle of TTDO with a purchase so I decided to try it again for the first time in many years. I used it to take off my regular eye makeup: Lancome Hypnose (non-wp) mascara, Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes and Clinique eyeshadow. I saturated a cotton pad, hold on to my eyes for 15 seconds and wipe off, followed by a damp cotton pad. It managed to get off my makeup easily but it stung my eyes and left my skin red, dry and itchy. The next day my eyelids were still sore and red and I couldn't wear my contacts. Awful. I threw the bottle away and I will never use TTDO again. Funny because I'm fine with Lancome Bi-Facil for example. But my HG eye makeup remover is Klorane Wild Cornflower Eye Makeup Remover; it works as well and no stinging. If you have sensitive skin/eyes I would rec trying this remover instead!

on 8/21/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me, but this product is horrible.
When I got my first bottle of this, I couldn't open it.
I think it was just that mine was more stubborn than other TtDO bottles, but I still dislike the method required to open it.
When I take off my eye makeup with this, I have to drown the cotton ball in product, then vigorously scrub my eyes, or gently rub them for about 13 minutes.
Even when I just wear eyeliner, it takes forever to get off.
When I wear mascara, it's a nightmare.
And in order to remove my eye makeup at ALL, I have to have the cotton ball completely soaked, which then irritates my eyes, regardless if my eyes are closed or not. Afterwards, it leaves the oily feeling (which I don't mind so much; I wash my face after my eye makeup is removed anyway), but many MUAers have reported none of that, so I don't know.
At first I thought maybe I just got a defected bottle, but when I went to my friend's house and used her TtDO, it was exactly the same.
I'll stick to my HG, the cheaper, Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover, please.

on 8/12/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product worked great for me for the first week that I had it and then my body had an allegic reaction to it and my eyelids got all puffy and swollen from it. The funny thing is I went into sephoria with an allergic reaction on my eyelids from another eyemakeup remover and they suggested that the one I was using was not tested for eyes and that is why my eyes got swollen in the first place and then recommend take the day off to me because it has been tested for eyes, but I got the same allegic reaction from that as well..oh well..good old EVOO is the only thing that give me an allegic reation on my eyelids.

on 8/11/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This has always been my favorite eye makeup remover. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, and it always gets my makeup off with almost no effort: one gentle swipe across my eyelid is usually all it takes to remove my eye makeup. I've tried other eye makeup removers trying to find something cheaper yet as effective, but my eyes must be especially sensitive because most other products make them sting and water. Also, I don't find this product very oily, which is nice because when I use it, I feel like I'm actually cleansing my eye area rather than making more of a mess.

on 8/10/2009 6:55:00 PM

My only other experience with makeup removers is with maybelline's waterproof and non-waterproof versions. I massively dislike maybelline's waterproof one, and somewhat tolerate the non-waterproof version, so anything after those seems amazing to me.

On that note, I do enjoy using Clinique's take the day off eye makeup remover because I only need to moisten a cotton ball and press it on my eye before wiping everything off with a couple swipes. No scrubbing, no runny oil, no lost eyelashes.

Just remember to shake the bottle before using!

This was the first eye make-up remover I have used. It's great - removes all my eye make-up easily, you don't need to use much & it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all. It is very greasy, but that's how it works so well! I've been using gwps of these & am suprised at how long they last for - would definitely buy the full size, it would last forever. Reasonably priced, as they last forever.

on 8/5/2009 11:14:00 AM

I like this as well as any makeup remover that gets the job done. It takes it off when I need it to. I don't love the oiliness it leaves on my face but have seen no ill effects as a result insofar. I wish there was something more natural that did the trick but until then this will do.