January 30, 2015 | 981 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LondonBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the texture, love the colour! A great red lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by princessheather007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

my favorite lip color ever! cool-based bright red(though i't honestly wears really well on warm-based tones, as well); one of the truest reds i've seen. Matte finish is really eye-catching in addition to the bright scarlet shade; i generally go easier on my eye make up to really let it make a statement. i love how russian red make every woman, regardless of her skin-tone, look polished and dramatic. i am always appreciative of MAC's high quality and the pleasantly faint vanilla scent of their lip products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I too like this colour & the creaminess of this lipstick very much. Sure its bright & bold but thats what its supposed to be. I wear this to work blotted down for the red stain & I wear it for evenings out. It kicks butt with black & white outfits. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never worn red lipstick. I have always wanted to but had this fear that I would look clown like. I'm very fair and have dark blonde hair and this compliments my skin tone really nice. You must be careful and precise with application!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sumug

Best bright red lipstick on the planet - no doubt about it. Russian Red and Shu Uemura Red 165 are my 2 every day bright reds (blotted, un-blotted, mixed with darker reds) -- this is *the* bright red lipstick you've been looking for -- if you've been looking for a classic bright red lipstick.

I've been using Shu's Red 165 since 1990 and just discovered Russian Red a little over a year ago - was so thrilled. Gives the best red stain when blotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by trustm3e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick!!! It is the perfect matte red. I swatched Ruby Woo while at the MAC counter and it was a bit chalky, but Russian Red went on smoothly and beautifully. The color really stains and lasts for a long time. I've worn it all day and eaten meals, and the color still remains. It's a bright red, a little darker than a true red, and it was exactly what i was looking for. Unfortunately it's so pigmented that it's difficult to precisely apply, but that's my only complaint. Overall, i am very happy with this product and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by volaregirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for a good red lipstick is tricky for my NC40/42 skintone, but finally I found my HG! Looks dark and vampy on the tube, but translates beautifully on the lips! It has a matte finish, but I don't find it drying at all, especially when worn over lip balm - which is saying much, considering I have really dry, chapped lips. Russian Red doesn't settle on the lines, nor does it dry my lips out. Incredible lasting power as well! Resists lip-licking, eating, drinking, and so on. Best MAC purchase to date!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a cool red lipstick! At first i freaked out because it was soooo bright on me, but after blotting it out a bit and cleaning the lines, I looked at my face and the effect was nice. I can wear this lipstick without ANYTHING on my face and i'd still look all dolled up. Yes, it's a tad drying. But nothing like putting a balm 10 minutes before. So I can do my eyes first then this and finally my face. I know it sounds wierd but if you do your face first, and you accidentally smudge your lips, it is hard to clean up your face. I'm really liking this lipstick. It's true what they say, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. This lipstick will make you look confident and not trashy if you put it on properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by tigrushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My second MAC lipstick (my first was Viva Glam Cyndi) and my first with matte finish. I've read raves about it and was curious to try it. I would have loved to try Lady Danger, too, but for some mysterious reason it's not available in Finland. So I tried Russian Red, Ruby Woo (which was so matte it looked more like powder than lipstick), So Chaud (which was more orange than red) and Chili (which was more brown than red). Russian Red won hands down.

I love the shade: pure unapologetic red, and the finish: matte but definitely creamy, not powdery. Staying power is excellent and what's best it doesn't leave stains on the rims of glasses or teacups. The only minus is that it's slightly drying, but that can be fixed with any good lip balm. The bonus is that it's a great combo with OPI Vodka & Caviar nail polish!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by EFENN

no no this not works for me,I am brunet whit brown eyes end olive skintone ,this lipstick make my lips small end dry