September 2, 2014 | 904 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colour of this lipstick, the way it wears, the way it applies and the fact that it is so pigmented I have hardly used any of it 6 months after purchase.
It is pricey, but as this is the only con, I couldn't possibly rate it below a 5. It is quite a bit cheaper than some other high end brands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since we are having red lipstick fashion moment, I want to enter Russian Red into the lipcolour hall of fame. Why? Because it is a real red not inclined to orange or plum or brown. Most importantly because it is flattering and that is not a term usually given to reds. Dramatic, wearable, flattering and sexy. I suggest letting this lipstick tell you what to do with the rest of your makeup. With a good skin finish - matte or minimal - and good brows, you need nothing else not even mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kmp1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect matte red lipstick! Long lasting, smooth, gorgeous color - everything you want in a lipstick. Only downside, it can be a bit drying. Other than that, this is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by stellamystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am a MAC newbie and I am in LOVE. I am a caucasion with yellow undertones to my skin. My teeth are slightly yellow from too much coffee & wine over the yrs, so I was worried about the red & my teeth. Not too bad.
I always make sure to brush the heck out of them before I apply.

Anyway, my only complaint is that it can rub off easily onto fabric, etc but doesn't leave a residue on a water glass or anything.

And once it is on, it is ON. So, apply carefully.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't wear bright lipsticks and trying MAC's Russian Red lipstick changed my whole world. I even surprised myself how I loved it!

I tried and bought it today. For this single day, I already got lots of compliment that was never given to me before! Even my husband told me that there's something different about me and I look gorgeous...and of course, he didn't know it's just my lipstick that I changed - you know men & make up.

So anyway, some say this color is only for cool skin tones, but I'm on the warm side, I also saw some ladies with warm tones too who were wearing this and it looks pretty. I say, that this will work on any skin tone. Just don't overdo your eye and cheek make up when wearing this or any red bright or vampy lipstick.

PROS:
+ a red lipstick that suits any skin tone
+ matte finish (optional if you want gloss on top or not)

CONS:
+ since it's matte, so it might be a bit drying so be sure to condition your lips (lip balms)
+ a need to re-apply it (after eating and I lick my lips a lot so that's probably it)

Still looking for long lasting red lipstick that won't come off if you kiss, eat and transfer to clothes. But for now, I'm happy with this and recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was never a huge MAC fan. I think their products are overhyped and cost way too much for what they actually do.
But I was looking for a perfect red lipstick and everyone was raving about this, so I gave it a shot.
It's the most perfect red colour and most important, it's matte.
I usually use drugstore lipsticks and I couldn't find a red, matte one there.
This is just perfect and very well pigmented. Defenitely worth the 18 euros it costs over here.
I purchased it along with the lipliner in "brick". They go along nicely and stay on for a long time.
The one thing I dislike about it is that it's a bit drying (maybe that's normal for matte lipsticks, idk).
Apart from that I'm very happy with it and would purchase if I ever run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MarinaLovesMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour of this lipstick is outstanding! It is the perfect red to have. The colour is so vibrant and beautiful. It stays on for a minimum of 4 hours because it is Matte. To make it glossy you can add a simple gloss over your lips. To get the best colour, i add a thin layer on my lips and blot with a tissue. Then I use a lip brush to add a second layer. The colour looks amazing on everyone! I would buy this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

This is THE go to red shade for me no matter what mood I'm in or how my skin is looking when I wake up. This color can go with just about any look I'm wearing and never over powers my face. The formula is very pigmented and can stay on after HOURS of talking (trust me I work in high volume retail, this stuff can *stick*). The color is a bright, true cherry red that's perfect for giving a sexy lip with a smokey eye or recreating those modern day pin up looks. If I had to be stuck with one lipstick for the rest of my life Russian Red would be it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by heysailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like a lot of people, I'm always on the search for the perfect pure red. Some are too blue, some are too orange. I have red hair so I have to be really careful on color. This is a must have. It is the perfect pin up red. It looks amazing with an understated eye or with a heavy eye for a dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG Red lippy for me!! Russian Red will suit anyone's skintone imo. I'm NC40 and it looks great on me!! I RIS and by far this is my new favorite red lipstick!!!