MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 2/21/2011 11:46:00 AM

The best red lipstick I've ever tried! I applied it, then had dinner,a couple of glasses of wine and it stayed right there! I even slept with the lipstick on to test it and in the morning it was all there,not bleeding..! The shade is beautiful,I can't imagine that it won't suit any skin tone and as it's been said before,it makes teeth look whiter too! This lipstick is perfect,I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First, let me say I NEVER thought I could pull of red lips. I am very fair skinned and I have darkish brown hair, I usually tend to gravitate toward pinks and nudes but, I have always wanted to try a bold red lip. While I was getting my MU done at MAC for Valentine's day the SA recommended Russian Red and I although I felt nervous trying it I am soooo glad I ended up getting it. It is the perfect red color and I believe it will be perfect for any skin tone. I applied it at 5 PM we ate dinner at 8 and I barely had to reapply after dinner so it has some lasting power to it. I can't honestly say this is a new everyday color for me but, I will deff be wearing it for date nights, special occasions, etc. Last words of wisdom: GET IT, you will not regret it!!!!

on 2/18/2011 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG red lippie! A blue-based red, so it doesn't turn into an orangey or winey color. So bright and beautiful, makes your teeth look brighter and whiter too! The best red I've tried.

on 2/18/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color for my skin tone!! Absolutely will buy again.

on 2/16/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm not a red lipstick girl. Only because I think that its to "dressy" for me. But I love this. Just so pretty, flatters my nw25 skin very well. I'm a student who usually walks around campus in messy t-shirt and jeans, but I might just have to throw this on anyway! It is tricky application, but ladies, that's what lip brushes are for! :)
Love it, would buy again!

on 2/16/2011 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Russian Red is a permanent color at MAC. It is a matte formula and is another one of the more creamy matte lipsticks MAC has released. This lipstick was released in November of 2000. It is described as a intense blue-red. I find this shade to be very flattering on most skin tones including my NC20 skintone. However on some it might pull a little orange but never bad enough to make it unflattering. This was also re-promoted in Wonder Woman packaging for $1 more if you are interested in the special packaging. However if you just want the original packaging it is just $14.50 at all MAC stores and online. This red has pretty good staying power and doesn't feather like a lot of other reds I have.

Some similar shades include Revlon Really Red (matte formula), and NYX Electra.

on 2/15/2011 1:08:00 AM

I love this product very much. This is the most flattering red lipstick I own. I am actually more attracted to the brighter shade of Ruby Woo, but that formula is too drying, it's almost like chalk. Plus, it's almost always sold out here in the Phils.

Russian Red can be a bit drying, so I always wear lip balm underneath. The color payoff is amazing; one swipe is really all you need. However, I tend to apply about three coats since I have a hard time shaping my lips and I'm not a fan of lip liners.

The lasting power is really good; I wore this during the last party I attended and after we ate, I was the only one left with a decent lipstain. Some of the lipstick was gone for sure, but it affected the overall color payoff only slightly.

The color is not interesting or special, but it's a great go-to red. I couldn't help but gasp and think "I look so fierce" when I tried it on at the MAC store. It's elegant and chic. I understand why it's a classic.

on 1/29/2011 8:15:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I have a fair complexion and it looks dark, vibrant, and very sexy on my lips. I wanted it to create a gothic look, and it works extremely well. It's matte, meaning it is a bit drying on my lips, but it also means it stays on very well. I've worn it through dinner, and though I did touch it up after the meal, it was still mostly there and faded equally (rather than patchily) across my lips. This is definitely my shade of red.

on 1/29/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been sampling various reds and this is the best one I've found. I have very fair skin and even though it is a bright red, it isn't trashy looking or too harsh. It looks very retro and applies easily. Other reds I've tried are dry and cake up on my lips, this goes on very even and feels moisturizing, but is long wearing. I think this red could suit most any complexion.

on 1/28/2011 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have to say that this is the BEST red lipstick I have ever bought in my life! Red usually looks terrible on me...mostly because I'm clueless as to what shade of red even goes with my complexion. The first time I put this on, I was blown away how immediately with I fell in love. It looked classy, geeky chic and elegant! The texture is amazing as well! It's a matte, but it's very luxurious and velvety...not drying what-so-ever! I am definitely going to wear this next date night out with my husband *wink wink*

Recommended for Medium Skin