October 1, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by eredred

This is a beautiful matte red. Very dramatic and a favorite of mine. The make up artist told me that this is the Red that Maddonna wears. Stays on well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jemimapaloczi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The truest red that lasts all day. I have been wearing this color for years. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I like about this lipstick and MAC's matte lipsticks in general is the absence of that waxy smell and taste many highly pigmented matte lipsticks have. This is about as pure red as lipstick can get

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this color a couple of years ago. A friend of mine from Brazil goes easy on the eye makeup, but always wears a bright/true red lipstick. I've never seen her wear anything else. Red is such a classic color. That's just how she looks even when she's going casual she looks so classy. My mother wouldn't wear anything else either. So, I stopped at the MAC counter and I can't recall if I picked this color out or the MU did. It has taken me a while to get used to the impact of how I look. I definitely get a lot of male attention whenever I put this color on. My biggest complaint is that it leaves my lips very dry. I've tried putting on balm first and it helps, but not enough. If I put on a neutral/clear gloss so I don't change the color, then I have red migrating all over the place.

I wish they would make it more moisturizing. Compared to NARS, Guerlain, Givenchy, and Dior, MAC is downright cheap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ashleyrose87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this red colour! Its not quite a in your face red or a dark red but somewhat in between! The colour complements my skin tone perfectly, it stays on really well and the consistancy is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing Russian Red for a LONG time... its the perfect, fun red and definitely makes me feel more confident. My first MAC lipstick purchase was Liza Red, which is when my love affair with MAC began lol. Unfortunately, I went to MAC after a while ISO Liza Red and the MUA looked at me like I was crazy when I said "Hey do you still carry Liza Red"? Fortunately she suggested this one. I dont use a MAC liner with it, I used to use Red Enriched cremestick liner but now I just use a straight red lip liner from Sally's. Works perfect for me. It is a matte, which I love, although its a tad on the dry side and unfortunately my lips get dry on the regular. Always remember that lip balm! :) Overall, great red, one tube will last you a while, maybe less if you're like me and wear red lipstick almost every day but its definitely worth the money-its truly pigmented, flattering on many skin tones and hello-it lasts a good while without fading. No one likes the look of smeared lipstick, unless thats the look you're going for, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This is the quintessential perfect red that every woman should own. I have always been a fan of red lipstick, but have never actually had the confidence to wear it until I came across this.

It applies smoothly and evenly and not at all drying. I do use a good lipbalm prior to application though. It is quite long-lasting, but works better with a liner to prevent any bleeding. I love that the color remains true and does not fade or change in appearance after a few hours.
Works well on both myself (late 20s), my mom (early 50s) and grandma (83!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by nataleighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This color should be in everybody's makeup bag! I have yet to find someone that it doesn't flatter, plus it's very flexible and comfortable for long days. I frequently use it when doing retro looks, both on myself and others. To help prevent feathering, I use MAC's lip pencil in "Cherry" to do a base, per Fatima T.'s recommendation!

The price is unbeatable at $14.50/tube, but it also qualifies as your free product as part of Back2MAC, if you visit a store or counter. I don't use it daily, but I use a tube every 10 months or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rkau5472

i love love love this product. just bought it today and i have olive skin. the lady said it suits almost everyone and i can see why. definitely a new staple!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colour of this lipstick, the way it wears, the way it applies and the fact that it is so pigmented I have hardly used any of it 6 months after purchase.
It is pricey, but as this is the only con, I couldn't possibly rate it below a 5. It is quite a bit cheaper than some other high end brands!