August 28, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kmp1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect matte red lipstick! Long lasting, smooth, gorgeous color - everything you want in a lipstick. Only downside, it can be a bit drying. Other than that, this is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by stellamystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am a MAC newbie and I am in LOVE. I am a caucasion with yellow undertones to my skin. My teeth are slightly yellow from too much coffee & wine over the yrs, so I was worried about the red & my teeth. Not too bad.
I always make sure to brush the heck out of them before I apply.

Anyway, my only complaint is that it can rub off easily onto fabric, etc but doesn't leave a residue on a water glass or anything.

And once it is on, it is ON. So, apply carefully.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't wear bright lipsticks and trying MAC's Russian Red lipstick changed my whole world. I even surprised myself how I loved it!

I tried and bought it today. For this single day, I already got lots of compliment that was never given to me before! Even my husband told me that there's something different about me and I look gorgeous...and of course, he didn't know it's just my lipstick that I changed - you know men & make up.

So anyway, some say this color is only for cool skin tones, but I'm on the warm side, I also saw some ladies with warm tones too who were wearing this and it looks pretty. I say, that this will work on any skin tone. Just don't overdo your eye and cheek make up when wearing this or any red bright or vampy lipstick.

PROS:
+ a red lipstick that suits any skin tone
+ matte finish (optional if you want gloss on top or not)

CONS:
+ since it's matte, so it might be a bit drying so be sure to condition your lips (lip balms)
+ a need to re-apply it (after eating and I lick my lips a lot so that's probably it)

Still looking for long lasting red lipstick that won't come off if you kiss, eat and transfer to clothes. But for now, I'm happy with this and recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was never a huge MAC fan. I think their products are overhyped and cost way too much for what they actually do.
But I was looking for a perfect red lipstick and everyone was raving about this, so I gave it a shot.
It's the most perfect red colour and most important, it's matte.
I usually use drugstore lipsticks and I couldn't find a red, matte one there.
This is just perfect and very well pigmented. Defenitely worth the 18 euros it costs over here.
I purchased it along with the lipliner in "brick". They go along nicely and stay on for a long time.
The one thing I dislike about it is that it's a bit drying (maybe that's normal for matte lipsticks, idk).
Apart from that I'm very happy with it and would purchase if I ever run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MarinaLovesMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour of this lipstick is outstanding! It is the perfect red to have. The colour is so vibrant and beautiful. It stays on for a minimum of 4 hours because it is Matte. To make it glossy you can add a simple gloss over your lips. To get the best colour, i add a thin layer on my lips and blot with a tissue. Then I use a lip brush to add a second layer. The colour looks amazing on everyone! I would buy this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

This is THE go to red shade for me no matter what mood I'm in or how my skin is looking when I wake up. This color can go with just about any look I'm wearing and never over powers my face. The formula is very pigmented and can stay on after HOURS of talking (trust me I work in high volume retail, this stuff can *stick*). The color is a bright, true cherry red that's perfect for giving a sexy lip with a smokey eye or recreating those modern day pin up looks. If I had to be stuck with one lipstick for the rest of my life Russian Red would be it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by heysailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like a lot of people, I'm always on the search for the perfect pure red. Some are too blue, some are too orange. I have red hair so I have to be really careful on color. This is a must have. It is the perfect pin up red. It looks amazing with an understated eye or with a heavy eye for a dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG Red lippy for me!! Russian Red will suit anyone's skintone imo. I'm NC40 and it looks great on me!! I RIS and by far this is my new favorite red lipstick!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

My first mac lipstick (: compliments my skintone well nc 25-30. Packaging is a very classy black tube. I can't comment on the price because I got it through the 6 container turn in program. I don't wear it much mostly going out at nite because I feel its a little too much for daytime, so the tube should last me a while, would repurchase when I do run out (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by taylorlizette

Bloody love the lasting power of this lippy.

This is the first red I've bought (I had one of Mum's old ones but it is too blue) and I did so based on the reviews here. I don't know if its just a combination of how self-conscious I am and my lack of experience with red lippies but there is something about the colour that doesn't feel quite right. I think it is just a fraction too dark for me - I'm paranoid about it making my lips look thinner, and thats the last thing they need. When I wear it I use a pink liner underneath to brighten it up a bit. TBH though, I think its just my vanity making me worry.

I love everything else about this though - the smell ( a good reminder that I'm actually wearing something on my lips because I usually wear such a thin layer), the lasting power without reapplying and the texture.

In spite of my concerns about whether the colour suits me, I think I would buy it again.

EDIT: I won't buy this again. Its just too dark. I think I'm really looking for something that will give me the bright, retro look. This just doesn't hit the spot. I've gotten over my worries about whether or not I can wear red lips; I bought Rimmel's Colour Show Off in Red Fever and its damn near perfect - sadly it doesn't have the staying power of RR. I'm also not so sure about the blue-based thing anymore since Red Fever definitely has an orange hue. I've been reading so many rave reviews about Mac's Lady Danger, which is orange based, from fair skinned girls. That might be my next investment.