December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a cool red lipstick! At first i freaked out because it was soooo bright on me, but after blotting it out a bit and cleaning the lines, I looked at my face and the effect was nice. I can wear this lipstick without ANYTHING on my face and i'd still look all dolled up. Yes, it's a tad drying. But nothing like putting a balm 10 minutes before. So I can do my eyes first then this and finally my face. I know it sounds wierd but if you do your face first, and you accidentally smudge your lips, it is hard to clean up your face. I'm really liking this lipstick. It's true what they say, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. This lipstick will make you look confident and not trashy if you put it on properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by tigrushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My second MAC lipstick (my first was Viva Glam Cyndi) and my first with matte finish. I've read raves about it and was curious to try it. I would have loved to try Lady Danger, too, but for some mysterious reason it's not available in Finland. So I tried Russian Red, Ruby Woo (which was so matte it looked more like powder than lipstick), So Chaud (which was more orange than red) and Chili (which was more brown than red). Russian Red won hands down.

I love the shade: pure unapologetic red, and the finish: matte but definitely creamy, not powdery. Staying power is excellent and what's best it doesn't leave stains on the rims of glasses or teacups. The only minus is that it's slightly drying, but that can be fixed with any good lip balm. The bonus is that it's a great combo with OPI Vodka & Caviar nail polish!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by EFENN

no no this not works for me,I am brunet whit brown eyes end olive skintone ,this lipstick make my lips small end dry

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I've been lemming this for a while and I finally went and bought it yesterday. It is a strong, cool toned classic red with no gloss or shimmer. The staying power is very good and it is very smooth to apply. Unfortunately, all of my liners look terrible with this so I haven't worn this without blotting it a lot. If you plan on wearing it as it was intended you'll need a liner or it won't look tidy. I've been looking for a good red and tried a few by revlon and loreal but I wasn't that impressed with the texture or the colors. I have very pale (bedsheet) white skin with slightly pink undertones. I wear 00BB, #2 in GA, lightest color in MUFE, N3 in mac. Blue eyes, bright pink lips. It works perfectly. I've been blotting it with a tissue and it leaves a beautiful flushed look. I like to use lipsticks as blushes as well and I think this will look great too. I can't imagine any skintone that this wouldn't work on. More warm toned girls might want to try chili which is more orange than blue. I am now also lemming for ruby woo and viva glam cyndi.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by kja0432

very pretty cool toned red lipstick. so very pretty , i love it very intense as well

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Teruma

The color and finish look great, but it is too dry. It feels like a Crayola crayon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by talullabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC's Russian Red is a really good classic red for me. It has a good matte texture and can be worn dabbed on for a dash of colour or built up to be a really beautiful red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect matte red lipstick. It is my number 1. I'm always asked what color and brand it is by strangers, seriously multiple times a day. It is the best texture for a matte lipstick, a barely there feeling. Light smell (vanillaish) if any at all. I wear it with Mac CHERRY and/or VINO lipliner, depending on the result i want. My family and friends always comment on how my lipstick never comes off, it always stays in place, even after eating. The secret is the formula of the lipstick + application. Mac Matte lipsticks are the best in my opinion. Application: I put foundation on my lips,line my lips, the apply the lipstick, next i re-line my lips. I like to use CHERRY 1st, apply RUSSIAN RED, then line again with VINO to add depth around the top, bottom and corner edges, it gives a fuller look to my lips.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by AtaraxiaSorrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav. matte-red lipstick ever . I've been wearing Russian Red since a long time ago (like 7 years or more!) and as well, lasts all day!If you like the red lipsticks... you will love this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Lulaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm different than other reviewers in that I've always loved red lipstick, or actually lipstick in general. I actually went to the MAC counter with the intention of finding the shade Dubonnet but it was nowhere to be found. I tried out 2 brighter reds and found I liked this one. I know some people don't like matte but I tend to hate any moisturizing lipsticks since they tend to be gloss like so I don't mind the texture that much. I wear this with a light amount of lipbalm and line the lips with liner before putting it on since it stays a lot better with liner. Being a pale brunette, I can definitely say this color isn't clown-like on me like other reds I've tried that just looked really unfortunate.