MAC Russian Red

4.6

I have been seraching for a red lipstick forever and this is the one!! Ladies, this lipstick is amazing and stays put! I also bought the MAC lip liner ic Cherry and they work so well together! I am normally NC35-NC40 and have always struggled to find the "perfect red"!! U will not be disappointed ladies!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I last wore RR in... 1992? At any rate, I've always loved it but felt no need to revisit it... until I tried it again and realised it is the perfect, perfect red. Incredible texture that is not 100% matte, so beautifully flattering. Slightly darker than MAC Red. Lasts like crazy, and makes me feel fantastic. Why did I wait so long?!?

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

i adore this color..i get many many compliments when i wear it ,it is my favorite mac lipstick color,it makes me feel very womanly..lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I was one of those "I can't wear red without looking clownish" girls. One day, I decided to go by the MAC store and check out those famous matte red lippies everyone was talking about. I did that without doing my research, and once I got there all the had was Russian Red. I tried it on... and it's beyond perfect. The most beautiful shade I've ever seen. Every time I wear it people compliment me, it stays on forever and feels dry (which I love. even if does dry out my lips it feels sooo nice). I'm contemplating buying revlon's really red, but don't know if I should betray my beautiful, beautiful, first of many, MAC lipstick.

Ahhh, MAC Russian Red, how I love thee.
This is probably the only red I've worn that I liked straight out of the tube. It's a pretty universal shade of red - I mean, nearly everyone could wear it. It looks like a deep, dark blue-red on me (like Chanel Dragon) at night or in golden light, but during the day it looks very neutral, and in camera flash it pulls orange. Hmm, interesting. I like the first effect the best, which is why I tend to wear it at night. During the day I wear it as a stain over lip balm - if this was the only way you wore it, one tube would last forever.
The texture is very nice; I like to apply it with a lip brush for definition. It's nowhere near as drying as Ruby Woo. If I apply it over a light layer of balm, it has a lovely satiny finish. Apply it on bare lips (make sure you've exfoliated!) and the texture is fairly matte. It lasts a long time, but usually doesn't hold up when I eat. I would recommend using a red lip liner if you're going to be wearing this for a while, because it'll help it stay on
better. In addition, sometimes if I rub my lips together I find that it'll transfer to outside my lipline - so I have to avoid doing that. Otherwise, no bleeding or feathering on me.
Bottom line - easy to see why this is such an iconic red. Flattering, beautiful colour with a lovely matte, yet not drying texture. This was actually my first red lipstick, and now I'm lemming for Chanel Dragon. I just wish RR didn't have a tendency to pull orange on me at times.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a red lip and MAC addict, I'm surprised it took me so long to find this! But I adore it. It's a bright, clean red that looks blue-toned, at least to/on me. I have very full lips so if I make a red lip mistake, whether in color or application, it REALLY shows. This applies like heaven and is super pigmented. It's not shiny but not too dry, and wears beautifully. I get tons of compliments on it wherever I wear it, and by people who wouldn't normally notice such things. This is definitely in my Top 3 Reds.

On a silly note, I love to wear a red lip anywhere, and am so excited, because this actually matches the jerseys of two of my home teams, who I have season tickets to and end up at most of the games! My hockey team has a dreadfully neon orange jersey (which we love, and I actually did find the right lip for!), but I was ecstatic to find that Russian Red also matches that of the NHL All-Star Game jersey! Now I can rock a wonderfully red lip at home games without looking like the Joker, all in crazy colors.

I'm giving 4 lippies b/c Russian Red would look amazing on others, but it just didn't flatter my skintone. I'm a really warm-toned NC40 and really wanted to love this. Everytime I wore this I felt as thought my lips clashed with the rest of my face, so I tried Viva Glam I and Chili, which both suited my face much better. It is a REALLY nice lipstick nonetheless, really pigmented and really matte.

I have been searching for the perfect red lipstick to suit my pale as milk complexion, and I have tried so many lipsticks it isn't even funny. Too orange, too blue, too pale, too dark - it's been a red lipstick nightmare.
So with yet another sigh I headed into a MAC store and asked one of the ladies if they could help me find the perfect red lipstick, and she helpfully pointed out the Russian Red matte - I tried it on in store and I fell in love, for the first time in my lipstick history!
It is wonderfully pigmented and you don't need a lot. I use a lip brush for better results and if I want a shiny finish I dab MAC's Wonder Woman lipglass on top - perfect!
I will repurchase this great lipstick :D

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW red. My hubby loved this color on me!

INCREDIBLE! That's all I can say after using this marvelous lipstick in the prettiest matte red I've ever seen. I got it for free this morning thank to MAC's Back 2 MAC programme where you can bring them back 6 MAC packages and they reward you with one of their regular lipsticks, that's why I chose Russian Red. (I now most of you girls know that, but I hope help those who doesn't :D ) I used it this evening and I got such big compliments that I decided to review it in order to encourage those doubtfuls to get it.
It's creamy and soft, and you don't feel it cakey or thick 'cause it's very pigmented too and you don't need many coats to get the exact colour.
You can get it now from Wonder Woman's edition or the regular one which is much cheaper, and if you are to use Back2Mac, let's pick it up!!!

Recommended for Medium Skin