MAC Russian Red

4.6

This is the quintessential red lipstick for me, it is a strong and pure colour, just the way i like it. The texture is somewhere in between matte and satin. I fill in my lips with some MAC lip pencil and put this on top, definitely at the better end of the spectrum when it comes to staying powder.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite reds! Very deep and rich! I always get compliments when I wear this. I will always have a tube of this lipstick in my makeup collection!

on 2/28/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was my first time wearing a bright lip colour and by the end of the night I fell in love! To make the colour last, I filed my entire lip with MAC lip pencil in Beet. The colour was vibrant and lasted 5 hours without a touch up.

Update: I now wear this with Brick lip liner by Mac. Neutralizes the severe blue undertone so it's just a nice slightly cool red. I only line the outside of my lip and it still lasts and lasts.

on 2/28/2011 8:44:00 AM

MAC's Russian Red has amazing staying power. I have a glass of water on my desk which I have refilled three times today already, I have had the lipstick on for six hours - there is only a very faint lipstick mark on the rim of my glass and the colour still looks fresh on my lips.

Finally, the perfect red - blue-based, dark, highly pigmented, glamorous and long-lasting. Blue-based reds are not easy to find so you can imagine how stoked I was when I found Russian Red. Dita von Teese recommends it, how can you go wrong with that?

MAC's Russian Red stays on better than two-phase (paint + gloss) long-lasting lipsticks such as Maybelline's Superstay. It looks better as it wears off; there is no stark line between natural lip and lipstick. Application and re-application is easier.

I do not always use lip balm underneath this lipstick. I thought it would affect longevity, but it appears not to. Perhaps balm makes this lipstick slip a little, but I have not noticed it. I use Kiehl's #1 which is pretty light.

on 2/27/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I think of lipstick, I think of bright red. 1950's, Marilyn Monroe, Hollywood, Glamourous. That's how I feel when I wear this! I don't wear lipstick too often, but when I do, only MAC Russian Red. It's very flattering and like a lot of other people have said, it really does make your teeth look whiter! I've gotten lots of compliments wearing this. Definitely my HG lipstick!

on 2/21/2011 11:46:00 AM

The best red lipstick I've ever tried! I applied it, then had dinner,a couple of glasses of wine and it stayed right there! I even slept with the lipstick on to test it and in the morning it was all there,not bleeding..! The shade is beautiful,I can't imagine that it won't suit any skin tone and as it's been said before,it makes teeth look whiter too! This lipstick is perfect,I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First, let me say I NEVER thought I could pull of red lips. I am very fair skinned and I have darkish brown hair, I usually tend to gravitate toward pinks and nudes but, I have always wanted to try a bold red lip. While I was getting my MU done at MAC for Valentine's day the SA recommended Russian Red and I although I felt nervous trying it I am soooo glad I ended up getting it. It is the perfect red color and I believe it will be perfect for any skin tone. I applied it at 5 PM we ate dinner at 8 and I barely had to reapply after dinner so it has some lasting power to it. I can't honestly say this is a new everyday color for me but, I will deff be wearing it for date nights, special occasions, etc. Last words of wisdom: GET IT, you will not regret it!!!!

on 2/18/2011 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG red lippie! A blue-based red, so it doesn't turn into an orangey or winey color. So bright and beautiful, makes your teeth look brighter and whiter too! The best red I've tried.

on 2/18/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful color for my skin tone!! Absolutely will buy again.

on 2/16/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm not a red lipstick girl. Only because I think that its to "dressy" for me. But I love this. Just so pretty, flatters my nw25 skin very well. I'm a student who usually walks around campus in messy t-shirt and jeans, but I might just have to throw this on anyway! It is tricky application, but ladies, that's what lip brushes are for! :)
Love it, would buy again!

Popular Lipsticks