November 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Teruma

The color and finish look great, but it is too dry. It feels like a Crayola crayon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by talullabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC's Russian Red is a really good classic red for me. It has a good matte texture and can be worn dabbed on for a dash of colour or built up to be a really beautiful red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect matte red lipstick. It is my number 1. I'm always asked what color and brand it is by strangers, seriously multiple times a day. It is the best texture for a matte lipstick, a barely there feeling. Light smell (vanillaish) if any at all. I wear it with Mac CHERRY and/or VINO lipliner, depending on the result i want. My family and friends always comment on how my lipstick never comes off, it always stays in place, even after eating. The secret is the formula of the lipstick + application. Mac Matte lipsticks are the best in my opinion. Application: I put foundation on my lips,line my lips, the apply the lipstick, next i re-line my lips. I like to use CHERRY 1st, apply RUSSIAN RED, then line again with VINO to add depth around the top, bottom and corner edges, it gives a fuller look to my lips.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by AtaraxiaSorrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav. matte-red lipstick ever . I've been wearing Russian Red since a long time ago (like 7 years or more!) and as well, lasts all day!If you like the red lipsticks... you will love this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Lulaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm different than other reviewers in that I've always loved red lipstick, or actually lipstick in general. I actually went to the MAC counter with the intention of finding the shade Dubonnet but it was nowhere to be found. I tried out 2 brighter reds and found I liked this one. I know some people don't like matte but I tend to hate any moisturizing lipsticks since they tend to be gloss like so I don't mind the texture that much. I wear this with a light amount of lipbalm and line the lips with liner before putting it on since it stays a lot better with liner. Being a pale brunette, I can definitely say this color isn't clown-like on me like other reds I've tried that just looked really unfortunate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Never thought I'd be a fan of red lipstick -- if you read through the reviews of Russian Red, you'll see a lot of us say that. That's because this lipstick will make you a convert! I got this through Back2MAC so I figured if I hated it at least it was free. Luckily I loved it! I had read in Glamour or somewhere that this was the perfect true red for every skin tone. I don't really follow advice from mags on brands anymore (product placement boo) but I'm so glad it stuck in my head and I gave it a try! I'm still too scared to wear this too often but it is really pretty and can be as sheer as you want it to be when you use a lip brush. Definitely recommend it. :)

NW20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the first lipstick i have ever purchased... There was a promotional offer going on in my city where I had to give in 6 empty containers of MAC and I'd b given a MAC lipstick for free! It's the back to mac offer....so I thought of getting the russian red since i have heard soooo much about it :) I always wanted to get a red lip color in matte and everyone suggested me this color... It's super gorgeous :) I wishhhh I had bought this years ago ;) It's a beautiful red color and you can wear it everyday...but it's very important to know the application technique!! I have worn it twice so far and its flawless....I usually wear a moisturizer underneath so that my lips dont dry out...I dab the lipstick onto my lips (very little product) and then smudge it with my fingers...it gives a very natural look...and you can build up the product for parties or events! It's an extremely pretty lip color and I would strongly recommend for all skin tones :-)) It can give you a natural look as well as a glamorous look!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by eredred

This is a beautiful matte red. Very dramatic and a favorite of mine. The make up artist told me that this is the Red that Maddonna wears. Stays on well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jemimapaloczi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The truest red that lasts all day. I have been wearing this color for years. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I like about this lipstick and MAC's matte lipsticks in general is the absence of that waxy smell and taste many highly pigmented matte lipsticks have. This is about as pure red as lipstick can get