July 31, 2014 | 1867 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cleanmyface

A couple of months ago i was watching a vid on youtube and this girl was talking about her skincare routine and she was saying that she's always used acne products out of habit, but once she tried something more calming, her skin cleared up. And i've been using acne products (i mean c&c and neutrogena that is mediacted with SA)for atleast the past two years and i'm only fourteen...i dont even have acne! i have small blackheads on my nose and a few small pimples every month, but nothing heavy...so i decided my skin might get better if i stop putting SA over my entire face, and just start putting it in a spot treatment where i need it. i had to finish up my other products i was using, then a week ago i finally got noxzema! why did i choose noxzema...no idea. i tried it at about nine, it was my moms, it burned the frig out of my face, i tried it at thirteen, it was my moms, i liked it, so since i knew it was deep cleaning, moisturizing and had no acne med, i got it, and it was cheap too. 6 bucks CAD for 10 oz. so its been a week of using it every night and so far my skin has been clearing up from a recent chain of the biggest breakouts of my life that lasted two weeks! but as i was trying to say, my skin is clearing up slowly and i havent gotten any new pimples yet, so yay noxzema!
UPDATE: well my skin did start clearing up but it wasnt the noxzema because now i have more pimples, at the beginning of each week i get some pimples and my the end of the week they're almost gone before i get a new batch again, so it was just my skin, not the noxzema. i'm disappointed so i lowered my original rating from 5 to 3 b/c theres no difference in my skin, no worse, but no better. its not treating or preventing pimples.
UPDATE: my pimples are pretty horrible, i dont think its the cleansers fault so i'm dropping my rating from a 3 to a 2 b/c it doesnt claim to help acne but when i use a toner after this i have so much dirt on the pad! whether i put this on, work it in and rinse, or if i put it on and leave it a good 3 minutes before rinsing, i still get junk on the cotton pad! Disappointing!
UPDATE: Yeah, I've discovered that cleansing with this is not for me, but using it on top of a sunburn as a mask for a few hours...oh my goodness, heaven! I'm glad I found a use for this product, but during the winter when I don't get a sunburn (no laying out on the beach here in Canada) my mom loves this stuff so I pass it on to her. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by crashntome09

Okay, so WOW! I DO NOT USE THIS TO WASH MY FACE WITH!!!!

Let first get that out of the way, as I have not washed my face with this. It is packed full of oils that would break my face out so bad, people would think a peperoni pizza sprouted arms and legs.

WOW as in what a perfect thing to shave with. I get extreme razor burn and shaving my legs, underarms and bikini line (between waxing) has always been a hellish experience for me. No shaving foams or creams or soaps or baby lotions have ever been anything more than mediocre at getting the job done.

So one day I was sitting around bitching about what a horrible chore it is to shave my underarms and legs everyday (and YES, I have to do it everyday to look like a woman) and my friend was like, "try Noxzema in the tub. I have always shaved with that." So I bought some thinking it couldnt hurt and all I can say is WOW!

Now normally when i shave it is hardly ever smooooooth. Like the shiny legged women in the commercials. I always get little bumps no matter what I do, and the next day.... Stubble. Simply put:

Noxzema gives me the closest, smoothest, and cleanest shave I have ever had in my life BAR NONE. No irritation, no razor burn, no next day stubble. No matter now much I have spent on fancy shave creams and foams, they have never worked. And now I am happy to say that for under 3 dollars a jar, i have a magic shave genie in a bottle. Thank you.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always eventually return to using good old fashioned Noxzema. I first used this 20 years ago at age 13, until I was about 19 and could afford the more expensive skincare products. Over the past few years I have used high end skincare products and my skin still didn't look all that great. Most overdried my skin and irritated my face, leaving fine red dots on my face, especially my cheeks and chin. Just last week I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinet and came across a jar of this. I absolutely LOVE the smell (although I know some can't stand it) and it feels refreshing. Some ingredient in this product seemed to soothe and smooth the red dots; they're barely visible now. My only complaint is that this doesn't rinse off well and cannot be removed without the aid of a washcloth, otherwise, it leaves a residue. I prefer the jar over the pump because the cream in the pump seems runny. I hope this is never discontinued, and I doubt it will at least in my lifetime. By the way, I'm also a nurse, and I saw a jar at the bedside of a 77 year old female patient. She had probably the best skin I have ever seen on a person in that age group, and she said that is the only cleanser she has EVER used since she was a young adult.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

I have the 14oz jar/tub version of the Deep Cleansing Cream. I've had this tub for a while and I keep passing it over for my C&C facial cleansers. It finally occurred to me why, this cleansing cream feels waxy and leaves a waxy layer on my face after I rinse it off. I would then use a facial soap (like Dove) to wash my face again.
I can't say if it does anything for me because I don't use it for more than 2 days consecutively.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after using the Noxzema Deep Lathering cleanser for over a year, loving it, and not being able to find it. My skin is dry yet break out prone. This is making my break out, will not even finish this, let alone re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ebeauch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first product that touches my face every morning. It's an oldie, but a goodie! I have combination skin (dry in some areas due to mild eczema, and oily most everywhere else). This makes my face feel super clean, and I actually think it helps keep eczema at bay. The packaging is genius, too! Since it's in a plastic jar, you can get every last bit of it out without worry. Plus, the jar is totally recyclable!! Love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AnxietyIssues

Noxzema literally clears my sinuses. Nuff said.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I avoided this product for years because of the bad review given by Paula Begoun. I tried it on a whim, and I really like it! At first the smell was unappealing, but it grows on you. At least it smells real, not a fake perfumy scent. It smells like a product with eucalyptus oil in it should smell. It cleans well and helped balance my skin and heal up some dry flakey patches. I massage it in, leave it on for a minute or so, then use a washcloth to remove. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser, because it is a very basic deep cleansing cream that, I like to use on days when I'm wearing very little or no makeup at all. I feel it cleans very effectively with the menthol feeling being a plus, and I think it's fun to apply.

What I like to do is apply it to my face and neck in a circular motion and rub it in for a few seconds, then rinse it off. This gets 3 lippies, b/c as I mentioned before, it's just a basic deep-cleansing cream with no real acne fighting, or makeup removal properties.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Well, I've used this on and off since I hit puberty (I'm 26.) When I was younger, I felt that it cleaned my skin pretty well, but that was about all it did. On my most recent try, I noticed that after a few days I would break out in little whiteheads on my cheekbones. I stopped using this and they went away.

I definitely prefer that pump to the jar because I used to use this in the shower and who wants their cleanser full of bacteria-laced shower water!? Anyway, because of the breakouts I won't repurchase.