October 1, 2014 | 1648 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ah, this is the first facial cleanser that I have ever used (probably when I was about 11 or 12). I used to love the cool sensation that it left on my face after I washed it off. It does sting a little bit the first couple of times of use, but that goes away eventually. I wonder why it stings... I never looked at the ingredients - I didn't care back then.
I really liked it and it cleansed my skin pretty well at the time. I wouldn't use it now because I know that it tends to leave a film on the skin which I don't care for these days. I prefer foaming cleanser over creamy, thick ones as those always leave a film which eventually clogs my pores and exaggerates them even more (that's the last thing I need).
I haven't used this product in a few years and I don't think I would repurchase again. There are much better cleansers out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was super cheap for a large volume that I can use for a long time. I like the fresh minty cooling effect although I wonder if it is too drying for me. But I think it does a good job cleaning if I don't have a lot of m/u on. I usually use this as a cream wash after an cleansing oil. I dislike the unhygenic pot form. I may repurchase if I see it on sale at Ulta (like I have for 2.99) so great deal for the volume and if you just need a basic cleanser w/o special effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as an early teen and it made me break out. But recently I was on the hunt for a new cleanser to help with my break outs due to stress and that time of the month, and decided to try this again, and I am glad I did. It helped with the few zits I had, I love the smell, and the tingle I get. I put some on massage into my face neck and even my shoulders and wipe off with a warm washcloth and its perfect. My skin is very soft and even. I also remember my grandmother always having this in her bathroom for sunburns, so when I put it on it takes me back to my childhood summers at her house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Noxzema is awesome!! I used this back when I was 14 because I knew Kelly Osbourne used it and I love her, but it didn't really work for me I always ended up breaking out. The thing I learned now is that I didn't know how to use it right! Here's my routine: Apply generous amount and massage in, use washcloth ( this is very important) to remove the cream, then I use the triple clean pads, and then I apply some noxzema original skin cream as a moisturizer afterwards as well. Ever since I figured out how to use it I have not had a single breakout ( that was 2 months ago) and people have even complimented me at the MAC counter saying how flawless my skin is! I really really recommend noxzema, if it hasn't worked for you before-try it the way I described it this is how I got it to work for me. ^_^

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cleanmyface

A couple of months ago i was watching a vid on youtube and this girl was talking about her skincare routine and she was saying that she's always used acne products out of habit, but once she tried something more calming, her skin cleared up. And i've been using acne products (i mean c&c and neutrogena that is mediacted with SA)for atleast the past two years and i'm only fourteen...i dont even have acne! i have small blackheads on my nose and a few small pimples every month, but nothing heavy...so i decided my skin might get better if i stop putting SA over my entire face, and just start putting it in a spot treatment where i need it. i had to finish up my other products i was using, then a week ago i finally got noxzema! why did i choose noxzema...no idea. i tried it at about nine, it was my moms, it burned the frig out of my face, i tried it at thirteen, it was my moms, i liked it, so since i knew it was deep cleaning, moisturizing and had no acne med, i got it, and it was cheap too. 6 bucks CAD for 10 oz. so its been a week of using it every night and so far my skin has been clearing up from a recent chain of the biggest breakouts of my life that lasted two weeks! but as i was trying to say, my skin is clearing up slowly and i havent gotten any new pimples yet, so yay noxzema!
UPDATE: well my skin did start clearing up but it wasnt the noxzema because now i have more pimples, at the beginning of each week i get some pimples and my the end of the week they're almost gone before i get a new batch again, so it was just my skin, not the noxzema. i'm disappointed so i lowered my original rating from 5 to 3 b/c theres no difference in my skin, no worse, but no better. its not treating or preventing pimples.
UPDATE: my pimples are pretty horrible, i dont think its the cleansers fault so i'm dropping my rating from a 3 to a 2 b/c it doesnt claim to help acne but when i use a toner after this i have so much dirt on the pad! whether i put this on, work it in and rinse, or if i put it on and leave it a good 3 minutes before rinsing, i still get junk on the cotton pad! Disappointing!
UPDATE: Yeah, I've discovered that cleansing with this is not for me, but using it on top of a sunburn as a mask for a few hours...oh my goodness, heaven! I'm glad I found a use for this product, but during the winter when I don't get a sunburn (no laying out on the beach here in Canada) my mom loves this stuff so I pass it on to her. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by crashntome09

Okay, so WOW! I DO NOT USE THIS TO WASH MY FACE WITH!!!!

Let first get that out of the way, as I have not washed my face with this. It is packed full of oils that would break my face out so bad, people would think a peperoni pizza sprouted arms and legs.

WOW as in what a perfect thing to shave with. I get extreme razor burn and shaving my legs, underarms and bikini line (between waxing) has always been a hellish experience for me. No shaving foams or creams or soaps or baby lotions have ever been anything more than mediocre at getting the job done.

So one day I was sitting around bitching about what a horrible chore it is to shave my underarms and legs everyday (and YES, I have to do it everyday to look like a woman) and my friend was like, "try Noxzema in the tub. I have always shaved with that." So I bought some thinking it couldnt hurt and all I can say is WOW!

Now normally when i shave it is hardly ever smooooooth. Like the shiny legged women in the commercials. I always get little bumps no matter what I do, and the next day.... Stubble. Simply put:

Noxzema gives me the closest, smoothest, and cleanest shave I have ever had in my life BAR NONE. No irritation, no razor burn, no next day stubble. No matter now much I have spent on fancy shave creams and foams, they have never worked. And now I am happy to say that for under 3 dollars a jar, i have a magic shave genie in a bottle. Thank you.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always eventually return to using good old fashioned Noxzema. I first used this 20 years ago at age 13, until I was about 19 and could afford the more expensive skincare products. Over the past few years I have used high end skincare products and my skin still didn't look all that great. Most overdried my skin and irritated my face, leaving fine red dots on my face, especially my cheeks and chin. Just last week I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinet and came across a jar of this. I absolutely LOVE the smell (although I know some can't stand it) and it feels refreshing. Some ingredient in this product seemed to soothe and smooth the red dots; they're barely visible now. My only complaint is that this doesn't rinse off well and cannot be removed without the aid of a washcloth, otherwise, it leaves a residue. I prefer the jar over the pump because the cream in the pump seems runny. I hope this is never discontinued, and I doubt it will at least in my lifetime. By the way, I'm also a nurse, and I saw a jar at the bedside of a 77 year old female patient. She had probably the best skin I have ever seen on a person in that age group, and she said that is the only cleanser she has EVER used since she was a young adult.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

I have the 14oz jar/tub version of the Deep Cleansing Cream. I've had this tub for a while and I keep passing it over for my C&C facial cleansers. It finally occurred to me why, this cleansing cream feels waxy and leaves a waxy layer on my face after I rinse it off. I would then use a facial soap (like Dove) to wash my face again.
I can't say if it does anything for me because I don't use it for more than 2 days consecutively.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after using the Noxzema Deep Lathering cleanser for over a year, loving it, and not being able to find it. My skin is dry yet break out prone. This is making my break out, will not even finish this, let alone re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ebeauch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first product that touches my face every morning. It's an oldie, but a goodie! I have combination skin (dry in some areas due to mild eczema, and oily most everywhere else). This makes my face feel super clean, and I actually think it helps keep eczema at bay. The packaging is genius, too! Since it's in a plastic jar, you can get every last bit of it out without worry. Plus, the jar is totally recyclable!! Love this product!