October 25, 2014 | 968 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

I have this bronzer in sunny, but it's called matte bronzer! I think I got this a year ago when my Wal mart only had the matte bronzer, now they stocked up on the smooth skin bronzer. They're the same thing I think. But my bronzer is not smooth at all. The roughness of the powder bothers me more than the packaging! I was really disappointed but reading the reviews i think I got a bad one. When I want to swatch it with my finger, the surface of the powder just gets scaly and rough. The color pay off is really buildable. I can give myself a subtle glow or a very contoured chiseled look. But I'm going out and buying another one of these bronzers! I'm probably going to toss this one out and retype a review when I buy another one (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by anna91996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was soooo excited to get this! Emilynoel83 really likes this so I thought I'd try it and some other stuff but the Walmart I went to doesn't have a lot of their face products in stock. This wasn't even in the right place! There wasn't any there so I was going to get one from Rimmel but I saw this with their bronzers!! Glad I found it and I like the colour and texture. Definitely will be trying more of their products!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Abomination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad this worked on sooo many people. But it simply didn't for me. Maybe because I am so pale. Oompa loompa city. =( The price was uber cheap, so I don't feel at a loss at all. Going to try the Essence matte blonde bronzer next and see how that goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrific bronzer. I've used this with E.L.F. Candid Coral blush and the result is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

nice bronzer doesn't make me look orange and its really buildable

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Snookers2013

Regardless of whether you like the packaging or not, this is a very good basic product to own. Its comparable to mac's matte bronze (i also have used this) but you save $20. Think about what you could do with $20? I won you over? If not, keep reading: the amount of product you get for the price is phenominal. It is a great amount of a quality product. 1/3 of an ounce or 9 grams for under $3. Its super blendable, although the color payoff is mid class, its finely milled and buildable for color control. Great all-over color. Smooth finish without glitter and oil reducing is a bonus for my combination skin. If you are drier, you might want to try a highlighting powder/cream/gel. As far as packaging goes, ive seen better and worse. Some of the poorly packaged products were pricey too. I found that mine doesent open/shut easily, you really need to snap it shut. Other than that it is a great product overall. Definately worth the money. #Holygrail and will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WORTH EVERY PENNY. Unlike all other drug store products filled with chunky glitter and weird packaging, finally a SIMPLE bronzer for under 3 dollars that works amazingly. I will never ever by a high end bronzer again ! I will buy over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by summersblush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a shot when N.Y.C. was having a BOGO sale and am pleased with it. I have the 720A matte Sunny. The packaging is very poor, and the sponge applicator it comes with is useless, but for four bucks (that's the reg price), give this product a try if you want something without any shimmer or glitter. The color is buildable and doesn't leave you looking orange. I'm an NC-15, and it gives my cheeks a nice glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a NW 25-30 and I started using Sunny approximately 4 months ago. I use it as a contouring color and it works great for me. I like that it's not as pigmented as some other bronzer and allows you to build up the color where you need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an ok product for those with lighter skin who want to try out bronzer and contouring for the first time. It's cheap and the combination of it being matte and un pigmented makes it easy to control for those with lighter skin...

For me, though, even though the actual shade is darker than my NC37 skin tone, the pigment is so scarce that I really have to build it up for it to have any effect. It can be used all over the face, but I'd rather just use an actual better quality powder (or bronzer, for that matter) that is a few shades darker than my skin - like a summer powder shade during the winter. The chalky and powdery texture does not help either.