New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 10/31/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this bronzer daily for the last couple of weeks. It's a beautiful color not quite brown not quite orange it gives my C3 coloring a healthy glow. I always have to use some sort of blush or bronzer to look alive and give my yellowish skin some color and this is super easy to apply with a fluffy brush on my cheeks, forehead, and a bit on my nose. I haven't touched my Nars laguna or MACs refined golden since I started using this. Its seems those two bronzers can look a little muddy when reapplied throughout the day and sunny is nice and light it doesn't look splotchy after a few hours of wear. In fact I depotted sunny from it's cheap flimsy packaging and refined golden from the Mac compact and switched the two, they fit perfectly! I have been using sunny as a setting powder for my kiehls tinted moisturizer in light, since it's a tad bit light for me and the coverage of these two products together is phenomenal, my skin looks flawless but natural, not too made up. I'm really happy I found such a good product for under $3 I will definitely repurchase when I'm out.

on 10/21/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this - it's the only bronzer I've ever hit pan on. I'm quite fair, but I like that this gives me a little glow without looking fake. I swipe it on with a nice soft brush and am able to blend and build it. It is virtually impossible to get that trademark Orange Bronzer Stripe with this, especially if you layer it over powder (I use a tiny, tiny swipe of MUFE HD under most of my powder blushes, and it seems to work fine with this, too).

UPDATE: Okay, I recently realized that this is the powder analogue to Chanel Soleil de Tan cream bronzer. They look almost identical on my NC20 skin, despite the formulation differences. And...this one's about 30 bucks cheaper! Doesn't last as long but since I'm dry they both stay pretty well unless it's 100 degrees outside.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really don't get the hype around this. I'm so glad- no actually I'm stumped that this worked for other people. The only thing that I liked was the packaging and even that could be improved upon.

I'm very fair skinned and was looking for something to warm up my face. This is okay if you're looking for something that barely shows up. But even still the product is poor quality.

You get a lot of bang for your buck here with almost 10g of product, and the slim packaging and big mirror are a huge plus here. Unfortunately the product itself is horrendously unusable. I don't know if it was just the one I purchased by the powder is very dry, so dry that there's no powdery fallout that you you see from other pressed powders, rather the fallout here is in disgusting flakes and chunks.

There is hardly any color payoff no matter how hard you swipe the brush through the product, and if you swipe too hard there's too much. Even swatching this is a pain because you can barely get the color to show unless you really rub into your skin with your finger.

I guess this really shows that sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

on 10/20/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great product if you have fair skin (which I don't have). Wouldn't buy it again because I have to really take time to build the color up to my NC30 skin, but when I layer it on so much it starts looking unnaturally red on me. The shade is a little too red for me anyways, so I took a lippie off for that.

The hunt for a low-budget matte bronzer continues .... Does anyone know if the Rimmel Natural bronzer in Sun Bronze is darker or lighter than this? Thanks! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been using this bronzer for the past 3 months and I am pleased to say that it is one of the more natural bronzers I've ever used. Previously, I've always purchased Peach Leopard from Too Faced but then I felt like it was leaning more towards the orange-y side and has a bit of shimmer to it. I think that bronzer is perfect for the summer and summer only. It can be a little too frosty, depending on how much you apply. So I was searching for a matte bronzer and picked this is up at Target. Seriously, so cheap. It's about $2. I find that this gives me a more natural look. It defines my cheekbones and mimics a shadow color but more of a warmer color than an ash brown usually used for contouring. I find that this shade is appropriate for work. I will continue to repurchase, despite it's cheap and annoying packaging. Sometimes I can't get the dang compact to close!

on 10/14/2011 10:26:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BRONZER! Its not orangey and doesnt make my face look muddy and the best thing is that its matte. I dont like shimmery face products and a matte brozer is perfect. But the shade however is really light and not too pigmented so you can build it up. I use it to give a bit of colour to my face but you could hardly even notice it. Good thing it doesnt get cakey no matter how much you pack on. It doesnt really have a scent. I can even use it as a all over powder to set my foundation since its not that pigmented. I have a medium skin tone. The packaging is pretty cheap tho, but i didnt even pay that much for it anyways.

on 10/12/2011 4:51:00 AM

I LOVE THIS FOR CONTOURING MY JAW LINE.

It is totally matte. Not ORANGE on my NC 15 skin. Perfect for shadow and reconstruction. Dirt cheap (I'm not complaining, I'm in college). WAY better than Hoola by Benefit (which I own and sort of dislike...not worth the 28$ price tag).

I heard a rumor about this being discontinued? For the love of pizza at midnight DON'T DO THIS. I'm going to be hitting pan anyday now, I can just feel it.

I would recommend this to those looking for a matte bronzer but I find that this doesn't go on as evenly as other bronzers. It goes on patchy or can seem muddy in places if my "canvas" isn't perfectly matte and even.

It's definitely worth the money, however, and I feel pretty confident that these small issues are probably less noticeable for those who aren't in the nw10-15 range.

The tone is okay but I find that it still pulls a bit orange on me. It's about as great as they come for a fully matte drugstore bronzer however, and I think everyone should have this in their stash.

on 9/27/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this bronzer, especially now that I know its a perfect dupe for my first bronzer love- Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in medium. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB but its $34. You cannot beat this NYC one for a couple of bucks! It looks fantastic, blends well and does the job!

on 9/18/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have bought this many times over. It looks very natural and would work on any skin tone. I am 30NC in the summer.
It works well for contrasting and is not too shimmery. The price is perfect. I usually buy mine at walmart.

Popular Bronzers