July 31, 2014 | 1859 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Charlaew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't believe it when I saw some of the negative reviews on this product- it is ABSOLUTELY the best mascara I have ever used!! Although I buy and try other products, this is my HG of mascaras! I only need to go over my lashes ONE time for them to be long and lush, and I have skimpy lashes. I love the packaging - just the right size not to lose and easy for me to handle (I'm tall, so my hands are long and slim). What I love most is that I get the best results without having to use a primer - one step, one or two coats, and beautiful lashes without clumps. Also, it stays on very well with little smearing and is long-lasting. I don't know why others had problems, but Magnascopic mascara works great for me. It is well worth the price!! Hopefully, if you decide to try it, it will work as well for you!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by WetDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been wanting to try this mascara for so long but the result is just disappointing!!! It does not drastically lengthen or provide volume. The brush is just way too small for my liking and it does not do its job even with a curler. Have to give away after trying it for once. I gave up my hope on high-end mascara, MUCH prefer Maybelline XXL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

Eggggaakkk! What a weird mascara lol...I don't like this mascara one bit, but I am fair because it's not horrible either, so i give it 3 lippies. The reason I think it's weird is because i find the brush really awkward. Try feeling the bristles, cuz to me, they feel like steel...soooo hard, which makes it difficult to brush my eyelashes. Usually the bristles should wrap AROUND each individual eyelash, but these bristles make it practically impossible since they're super stiff. Also due to the stiffness, you can't wipe off excess mascara goo cuz the bristles don't "move" when you wipe it on the tube's side, forcing you to gunk up yer eyes more. The consistency is a bit on the watery side, has a gel-cream texture and after it dries, seems a bit dry on the eyes. However, one positive point of this mascara is that it curls well. I have long asian eyelashes that point down and are straight, so it curls them without me having to grab my Shiseido eyelash curler (-->THE best). This is really good cuz after gym class (yes i'm still in school lol) I can reapply my makeup without having to shove in an extra eyelash curler in my makeup bag lol YAY! But I still will not repurchase, because it's weird and I prefer Lanc˘me's Hypon˘se (my HG mascara) 10000 times more!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

CLUMPY! I have a trial size and whenever I use it, I look....unpolished and kida slutty.

BOO! This goes in the trash, it's as bad as BB Thickening mascara, which i HATED.

I do like the cute shape of the tube, tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Mimig

I never used any mascara without primer. My HG mascara primer is shiseido, which works wonder with every mascara i tried including this one. I don't see much volume boost from this tube although it elongates and seperates nicely, but I have tried better ones. I am slutty when it comes to mascara, so probably won't buy it again. Plus they always give free ones in the free gift sets.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by korina25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just awful.It felt like blakc sticky water on lashes.Made them stick together as if i had only three og four wet lashes.No separation at all no lenght nothing just wet black lashes like you soaked them up il oil.Complete waste of money.How on earth Estee Lauder put such an awful product on sale?Can'nt think why!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jlmoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't figure out why people don't like this mascara. The first time I wore it, someone commented on how pretty my eyes looked, and did I always have such long lashes. From the beginning, I did remove a great deal of mascara from the wand, and maybe that's the difference in getting good results. I'm very picky and I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Aimee333

this is the only mascara that has ever done what i wanted, it goes on brilliantly and makes my lashes look amazing, i cant believe some people dont like it, maybe they bought or were given old stock or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cris2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing mascara. I love the way it lenthens my lashes. I have really long lashes alone but this mascara totally makes them look full and lush. I feel that I get a glamourous look. I don't think you can expect to have a natural look with this mascara. I always get complimented on how beautiful my eyes look and I know it has a lot to do with this mascara. I truly recommend you try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by snowbb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

works just as well as most of my other mascaras. =/ it does thicken but just didn't wow me like i thought it would.