Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 6/13/2008 9:52:00 PM

this foundation is just eh. so so. it doesn't cover my acne well, but anything that would, i suppose, would break me out because my skin couldn't breathe, so that's all right. it really covered my acne scars though and evened out my skintone. there is one slight problem though...the "oil control" doesn't really control oil very well. i'll have this foundation on for maybe 45 minutes to and hour and my nose will already be so oily that one can see their reflection in it. maybe my skin's just too oily for this foundation to work well, i don't know. also, since i've stopped using it, i've noticed that my face has been clearer. however i did start using new acne products, so i don't know if the change has to do with the change in acne product, the change in foundation, or some combination of both. i'd probably buy this again, for the winter maybe when my skin is drier and it could possibly control oil better.

**EDIT** i've been using a mineral powder from sally beauty supply instead of this makeup for a while now, i figured the powder would be good for warmer weather even though i could use more coverage. one day though, i needed a little extra coverage, so i used this again. my skin was pretty clear at that point and i didn't have many pimples, if any at all. BY THE END OF THE DAY, I COULD SEE AND FEEL SOME TERRIBLE ZITS FORMING. needless to say, i don't think i will be using this foundation again...

I was in need of some new foundation after I used MAC studio fix and the talc broke the $%*) out of my skin. I got this and my HG maybelline dream matte powder. it was a cheap choice, and i thought well it's cheap and its good for the skin, so why not? I'd been trying to find alternatives to talc and glycerin because i'm breakout prone to both. I wasn't reading the ingredients properly =( i noticed every maybelline foundation (which i love because it never broke me out before and great colors for my asian skintone) had glycerin as number 2 or number 3. Gosh. and so did every OTHER brand. I grabbed this because I read the top two and didn't notice there IS talc and glycerin, it's number 4 and number 5! JALDIGJSKLFGJ. now i'm scared to use it. it looks great layered over another foundation. i didn't notice any caking. It lasts for a LONG time. But the only shade that isn't full of pink crap is the buff beige, which is pretty light for my NC30 skintone. but i wear clinique supermoisture which is darker so it evens out. it's a good oil controller, and it doesn't cake, roll into balls, separate, etc. it's decent, and it doesn't really cover anything, even if you layer (like stubborn pimples, redness is covered though).

decent.

on 6/3/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this in Warm Beige which I must say has pink undertones that doesn't quite suit me but I use this along side with my Pocket Powder in Soft Honey to tone down the pink. The liquid foundation was sheer so it only provides medium to light coverage, if you have little to hide then this is perfect. I'm not sure about its 'oil control' aspect but this foundie did not add to the usual amount of sebum on my face. I have postponed my using of this product since it's hot and humid where I am, I'll probably resume use when the weather is a bit cooler and when my tan gets lighter. I'm not sure about repurchasing because for me there's a lot of product in the bottle that would last me months and months.(^_^)

on 5/19/2008 4:15:00 PM

I used this is high school for a natural look that covered redness. I like that it is sheer and pretty light but I would feel oily in the T-zone areas after about three hours. It also came off really easily. I've since upgrade to Maybelline's Age Rewind Cream Foundation, which I like a lot more because of its heavier coverage without that heavy feel.

on 4/10/2008 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hi everyone- I have to say, I am shocked, but I really like this foundation! I usually use MAC studio fluid, which is pretty much my favorite. However, I was staying away from home and away from my makeup one day, and I needed something cheap to wear to work the next day. I got this at Target for under $4, so I didn't expect much. It's actually not a bad foundation! I got it in buff beige (I am an NC 20-25) and it was a good match- it looks natural. I have to say, most of the colors did look too pink and if this shade didn't match me, I wouldn't be as impressed. It has a matte finish and gives me plenty of coverage. I applied with my fingers and blended like crazy. It seems to wear well too. I will continue to use my MAC for the most part, but there will be plenty of days I use this too. I would buy it again. I like it better than the Revlon Custom Creations, which is a good foundation, but this provides better coverage and has a better finish. This is definitely worth a try, if you can find your shade. Those of you who are more yellow like me may have a problem- if BB didnt' match me, then I probably couldn't use this.

on 4/5/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have tried of both drug store and higher-end brands. The color selection is nice for a drugstore makeup (I have very light skin and most foundations are too pinkish or dark on me...the lightest shade matches me perfectly), and it doesn't turn orange after 15 minutes. I love the consistency of this makeup....it doesn't feel or look like you're wearing makeup at all when you apply it properly. That having been said, this is a light/medium coverage makeup, and I think part of the reason some people are unsatisfied with it is because they want heavier coverage, pile it on, and then complain about how cakey it looks. Well obviously it will look cakey if you are wearing too much, but thats not the makeup's fault. But anyhow, it blends well, doesn't feel greasy, and doesn't break me out. The only thing I can find wrong about this makeup is its staying power, which is about average. Set it with power though and you're good to go. And also the one I have doesn't smell like anything.

on 4/1/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I ran out of foundation this morning, and had to use this as a back up. I usually stay away from liquid foundations because they never offer enough coverage. I only used a tiny dollup of this, rubbed it on my fingertips, and put it on almost like moisturizer. The finish was really nice. All the redness disappeared and even trouble dark spots faded. I topped it off with transluctant powder and it looked great! Even in natural sunlight it looked pretty nice. It lasted all day shopping without smudging or anything. There's a huge variety of shades to match any complexion, so I'd definetly recommend to anyone!

I used this foundation because of it's oil control factors. It is a pretty cheap product that does good for that price. The way i get it out of the bottle it is using a cosmetic q-tip cotton swab, that's the way i getting out of the bottle every foundation that doesn't have a pump. It is an okay foundation but i don't think i will buy it again, it is too cheap to do a good job on every issue you have with your face.

on 3/28/2008 6:33:00 PM

I agree that this foundation doesn't cover squat! But it comes in the best color selection. I have extremely greasy skin and this works the best that I've tried. I use concealer to cover my problem areas, so this being lightweight and not covering anything isn't a big issue with me because I don't like that "I'm wearing makeup!" feeling. Oh, and the price is pretty darn good, too! I also use the Buff Beige.

on 3/5/2008 1:45:00 AM

First the good - buff beige is a good colour match for my skin. Now the bad - this covers nothing, it shows up every flake and settles in pores. I have pretty good skin, just a few broken capillaries and a couple of fairly light age spots. I like light foundations because I don't want to look too made up for daytime. I don't expect a light foundation to cover imperfections completely, just veil over them. This fails to do that completely. It also settles in my largeish pores, and makes any small flakes very visible. The foundation dries out in the bottle quite quickly, and the product doesn't last very long. At any price this is useless. Australians looking for a reasonably priced, oil free foundation should try Natio Fluid makeup instead (see my review for this product).