Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 5/19/2008 4:15:00 PM

I used this is high school for a natural look that covered redness. I like that it is sheer and pretty light but I would feel oily in the T-zone areas after about three hours. It also came off really easily. I've since upgrade to Maybelline's Age Rewind Cream Foundation, which I like a lot more because of its heavier coverage without that heavy feel.

on 4/10/2008 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hi everyone- I have to say, I am shocked, but I really like this foundation! I usually use MAC studio fluid, which is pretty much my favorite. However, I was staying away from home and away from my makeup one day, and I needed something cheap to wear to work the next day. I got this at Target for under $4, so I didn't expect much. It's actually not a bad foundation! I got it in buff beige (I am an NC 20-25) and it was a good match- it looks natural. I have to say, most of the colors did look too pink and if this shade didn't match me, I wouldn't be as impressed. It has a matte finish and gives me plenty of coverage. I applied with my fingers and blended like crazy. It seems to wear well too. I will continue to use my MAC for the most part, but there will be plenty of days I use this too. I would buy it again. I like it better than the Revlon Custom Creations, which is a good foundation, but this provides better coverage and has a better finish. This is definitely worth a try, if you can find your shade. Those of you who are more yellow like me may have a problem- if BB didnt' match me, then I probably couldn't use this.

on 4/5/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have tried of both drug store and higher-end brands. The color selection is nice for a drugstore makeup (I have very light skin and most foundations are too pinkish or dark on me...the lightest shade matches me perfectly), and it doesn't turn orange after 15 minutes. I love the consistency of this makeup....it doesn't feel or look like you're wearing makeup at all when you apply it properly. That having been said, this is a light/medium coverage makeup, and I think part of the reason some people are unsatisfied with it is because they want heavier coverage, pile it on, and then complain about how cakey it looks. Well obviously it will look cakey if you are wearing too much, but thats not the makeup's fault. But anyhow, it blends well, doesn't feel greasy, and doesn't break me out. The only thing I can find wrong about this makeup is its staying power, which is about average. Set it with power though and you're good to go. And also the one I have doesn't smell like anything.

on 4/1/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I ran out of foundation this morning, and had to use this as a back up. I usually stay away from liquid foundations because they never offer enough coverage. I only used a tiny dollup of this, rubbed it on my fingertips, and put it on almost like moisturizer. The finish was really nice. All the redness disappeared and even trouble dark spots faded. I topped it off with transluctant powder and it looked great! Even in natural sunlight it looked pretty nice. It lasted all day shopping without smudging or anything. There's a huge variety of shades to match any complexion, so I'd definetly recommend to anyone!

I used this foundation because of it's oil control factors. It is a pretty cheap product that does good for that price. The way i get it out of the bottle it is using a cosmetic q-tip cotton swab, that's the way i getting out of the bottle every foundation that doesn't have a pump. It is an okay foundation but i don't think i will buy it again, it is too cheap to do a good job on every issue you have with your face.

on 3/28/2008 6:33:00 PM

I agree that this foundation doesn't cover squat! But it comes in the best color selection. I have extremely greasy skin and this works the best that I've tried. I use concealer to cover my problem areas, so this being lightweight and not covering anything isn't a big issue with me because I don't like that "I'm wearing makeup!" feeling. Oh, and the price is pretty darn good, too! I also use the Buff Beige.

on 3/5/2008 1:45:00 AM

First the good - buff beige is a good colour match for my skin. Now the bad - this covers nothing, it shows up every flake and settles in pores. I have pretty good skin, just a few broken capillaries and a couple of fairly light age spots. I like light foundations because I don't want to look too made up for daytime. I don't expect a light foundation to cover imperfections completely, just veil over them. This fails to do that completely. It also settles in my largeish pores, and makes any small flakes very visible. The foundation dries out in the bottle quite quickly, and the product doesn't last very long. At any price this is useless. Australians looking for a reasonably priced, oil free foundation should try Natio Fluid makeup instead (see my review for this product).

on 3/2/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product forever, it seems. It is a good, basic makeup that does help control oil better than the average foundation and, when used correctly, doesn't look like you are wearing makeup at all.

My favorite thing about Cover Girl's Oil Control Clean Makeup is how PERFECTLY it matches my skin. This means, on day when I only feel like wearing foundation on one part of my face, I can without looking ridiculous. The oil control lives up to it's promise, most of the time. I always finish off my t-zone with powder anyway, so I never experience shine with this stuff. Even in the heat of the summer, I only need the occasional touch-up for shine. I'm a fan of the packaging, too. I store the bottle upside down in my makeup bag, so the product is easily accessible, and the little bit of goo that dries around the neck is awesome for spot coverage.

Oil Control Clean Makeup needs to be applied thinly to look natural. It is easy to get a caked-on look, if it is applied too thick, and a good moisturizing is essential before application. Otherwise, it is going to highlight every little dry patch on your face.

This foundation is great for giving skin an even, smooth finish, while staying natural-looking. If too much is applied, however, it will look like the world's cheapest makeup. For an inexpensive, everyday foundation for oily/combo skin, this stuff is the best.

on 3/1/2008 10:12:00 PM

This is a liquid foundation, but it actually dried my skin out! haha, but with a little extra mousturizer, that was taken care of. I like the color match I get from their lightest shade &the coverage &lasting power is very good. My only gripe is that it doesn't come in a pump bottle. Plus, I wish it would leave a bit more radiant finish.

on 2/23/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin, with yellow undertones. I ran out of my usual Clinique Superfit, and picked this up as a temporary foundation. The color match was satisfactory, but I could tell the formula was pinkish. This product is VERY STREAKY and hard to blend. It is sheer, not good if you have oily skin. The smell is kind of gross. Worst of all, it made me break out! I would not recommend this product, and I will not re-purchase it.