Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 4/1/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I ran out of foundation this morning, and had to use this as a back up. I usually stay away from liquid foundations because they never offer enough coverage. I only used a tiny dollup of this, rubbed it on my fingertips, and put it on almost like moisturizer. The finish was really nice. All the redness disappeared and even trouble dark spots faded. I topped it off with transluctant powder and it looked great! Even in natural sunlight it looked pretty nice. It lasted all day shopping without smudging or anything. There's a huge variety of shades to match any complexion, so I'd definetly recommend to anyone!

I used this foundation because of it's oil control factors. It is a pretty cheap product that does good for that price. The way i get it out of the bottle it is using a cosmetic q-tip cotton swab, that's the way i getting out of the bottle every foundation that doesn't have a pump. It is an okay foundation but i don't think i will buy it again, it is too cheap to do a good job on every issue you have with your face.

on 3/28/2008 6:33:00 PM

I agree that this foundation doesn't cover squat! But it comes in the best color selection. I have extremely greasy skin and this works the best that I've tried. I use concealer to cover my problem areas, so this being lightweight and not covering anything isn't a big issue with me because I don't like that "I'm wearing makeup!" feeling. Oh, and the price is pretty darn good, too! I also use the Buff Beige.

on 3/5/2008 1:45:00 AM

First the good - buff beige is a good colour match for my skin. Now the bad - this covers nothing, it shows up every flake and settles in pores. I have pretty good skin, just a few broken capillaries and a couple of fairly light age spots. I like light foundations because I don't want to look too made up for daytime. I don't expect a light foundation to cover imperfections completely, just veil over them. This fails to do that completely. It also settles in my largeish pores, and makes any small flakes very visible. The foundation dries out in the bottle quite quickly, and the product doesn't last very long. At any price this is useless. Australians looking for a reasonably priced, oil free foundation should try Natio Fluid makeup instead (see my review for this product).

on 3/2/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product forever, it seems. It is a good, basic makeup that does help control oil better than the average foundation and, when used correctly, doesn't look like you are wearing makeup at all.

My favorite thing about Cover Girl's Oil Control Clean Makeup is how PERFECTLY it matches my skin. This means, on day when I only feel like wearing foundation on one part of my face, I can without looking ridiculous. The oil control lives up to it's promise, most of the time. I always finish off my t-zone with powder anyway, so I never experience shine with this stuff. Even in the heat of the summer, I only need the occasional touch-up for shine. I'm a fan of the packaging, too. I store the bottle upside down in my makeup bag, so the product is easily accessible, and the little bit of goo that dries around the neck is awesome for spot coverage.

Oil Control Clean Makeup needs to be applied thinly to look natural. It is easy to get a caked-on look, if it is applied too thick, and a good moisturizing is essential before application. Otherwise, it is going to highlight every little dry patch on your face.

This foundation is great for giving skin an even, smooth finish, while staying natural-looking. If too much is applied, however, it will look like the world's cheapest makeup. For an inexpensive, everyday foundation for oily/combo skin, this stuff is the best.

on 3/1/2008 10:12:00 PM

This is a liquid foundation, but it actually dried my skin out! haha, but with a little extra mousturizer, that was taken care of. I like the color match I get from their lightest shade &the coverage &lasting power is very good. My only gripe is that it doesn't come in a pump bottle. Plus, I wish it would leave a bit more radiant finish.

on 2/23/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin, with yellow undertones. I ran out of my usual Clinique Superfit, and picked this up as a temporary foundation. The color match was satisfactory, but I could tell the formula was pinkish. This product is VERY STREAKY and hard to blend. It is sheer, not good if you have oily skin. The smell is kind of gross. Worst of all, it made me break out! I would not recommend this product, and I will not re-purchase it.

on 2/15/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this foundation out in 525 Buff Beige, seeking oil control makeup, seeing how I have very oily skin and am very prone to acne.

It does feel clean and sort of smooths out my complexion, but isn't amazing.

The packaging is meager at best; it starts to become hard to scoop out the foundation after just a few weeks.

Well, all I can say is, what do you expect at this price?

I have definitely learned my lesson. Next time I'm buying more expensive, high quality foundation.

Much love,

K

on 2/9/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I went to the store looking for the regular cover girl 'clean' makeup and not the oil control. However, even the lightest shade of the others did not compare to the light of this one. So, I ended up getting it. I love it! The coverage is amazing and the color is just right! I only have one complaint- you can get it out of the damn bottle! :( The only way to get it out is to use your fingers! Oh well- I will still buy again!

on 2/1/2008 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the lightest d/s foundation I could find. Actually, I was prepared to buy higher end, and couldn't find anything to match my skin tone. Finally, I picked up a bottle of this in Ivory thinking it couldn't hurt to try. Paydirt. The color is perfect, the coverage is good, and it doesn't break my skin out at all. I've already bought this again and will continue to do so.