April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lotsapink

This is the sort of starter makeup you get when you're a teenager and your mom finally lets you start wearing the stuff. The problem is, this stuff caused me so many skin problems growing up that it nearly turned me off of wearing makeup all together. I've learned my lesson, and now I stay away from cheap foundation. Did not like this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by omibunnydotcom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember using this product in high school, and I remember it always poured out too much, glided poorly across my uneven skin, and felt like i was wearing 2 lbs of stage cake makeup on my face. I also remember that after putting it on, if i looked in a zoom/closeup mirror, i could see it sitting in the large pores on my nose.

Well, that was a long time ago (over 7yrs) and during that time CoverGirl has claimed twice that they have "revamped"/"Improved" the formula. Well, i guess that means "Improved pore clogging power". I think they only thing they revamped was cost production.

As far as the quality of this product is concerned, nothing has changed, at least for me. The product obviously has overly pink tones for the fair shades, making your face seem even redder and blotchy.

Product smears easily, makes my face more oily, and doesn't provide good coverage, even for a cheap product (Wet n Wild does better).

However, its extremely inexpensive, unless your clumsy like me and drop the glass bottle, effectively cracking it open and spilling it all over your bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT 10/14/07: Now that I have learned some techniques to getting the most coverage out of liquid foundation, I'm in love with this stuff! This makeup has been good for my skin. It doesn't break me out, doesn't clog my pores, and keeps the oils at bay. I will repurchase and would definitely recommend this to someone with oily skin, like mine. My skin has actually been less oily since I started using this! EDIT 11/4/07: omg did I say this was as good as Colorstay? I don't have time to make this work like I used to :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mshang

First I was so thrilled this product is cheap, well coverage, controlls my shine for almost 8 hrs. after finishing my first bottle, I was about to buy the second one then I found my forhead was really bumpy! I didn't know what was causing it, I even bought the Proactive set thought maybe it would help. Not until I read some foundation reviews and learned that some cheap foundations use TALC as one of the ingredients. Talc can clog the pores and causing break out. So I stopped using CG oil-controll foundation, about a month later, my bumpy forhead was smooth again without using any special remedy. ( Proactive was making my skin too dry, I didn't use it for long)
I will not recommand anyone to buy this product if your pores tend to clogged up easily like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mruffin84

This is a very good foundation for light everyday use! I loved it! Reduced the redness on my cheeks and matched my skin perfectly! I bought this originally in soft honey but classic tan was exactly the same color as my skin. It is a little hard to get out of the bottle but what seems to work is tapping the bottle and pouring the foundation on a little piece of square foil or some sort of paper. Overall this product is worth buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by shimmersweetie

I can't believe I'm actually giving this such a high rating, but it really does look good on me! I'm shocked. I've been using this foundation on and off for years, but I keep switching to more expensive foundations, thinking that maybe they'll make me look flawless. :) But somehow I get frustrated and go right back to this cheap little drugstore gem. I have very oily skin with cystic acne, scarring, and an uneven texture. I'm constantly searching for a product that will make me look "fresh". This one does just that...it's not terribly matte but slightly dewy on my face, even after I've dusted powder on top. It goes on creamy and does a good job of covering my acne and scars, especially if I take some extra time to build up the coverage. I'm pretty picky, and in order to gain HG status, a product has to REALLY wow me on a day-to-day basis and make me look stunning without much effort LOL. So this foundation may not exactly be HG for me, but it's pretty darn close. :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my favorite foundation to wear when I was pregnant. It helped control my oily skin better than anything else I tried. It also covered well and evened out my skin tone. I only wore it for the 18 months that I have been pregnant over the years because I find it to drying otherwise. But if I ever got pregnant again (which I hope not), I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the foundation in the glass bottle with the blue cover. first of all I have oily skin. The foundation is hard to get out even in a new bottle. I have to bang on the bottom to get some out. I apply with my fingers because this stuff is buildable, but sheer at first and I don't want my makeup sponge "soaking" up any of this sheer foundation! This controls my oily skin all day! I also use the CG fresh complextion wand concealer, and the silver pressed powder. (wich is being discontinued so stock up!) this combination works great together!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Vac513

While I agree with previous reviews that say this foundation does hardly anything at all for oil control, I also think that this really isn't half bad. I used the lightest shade, Ivory, and it was a great match for my skin (no small feat, I promise! I'm super pale). Plus, when applied lightly with a foundation brush, it does a good job of evening out my skin tone; however, this is a sheer foundation, so I did wind up using concealer on my really red spots. I wouldn't give this HG status, but for the price it's excellent. It looks really natural and gives off a slightly dewy, healthy glow. I am not such a big fan of the bottle, though... It's hard to get a small amount out, I wish it had a pump. I'm not sure, but it may have clogged a few pores on my forehead. I'm going to keep using this and see if it truly was the culprit; if it is, I'll update my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by justaminordeity

I've been experimenting with foundations lately, and I really like this one. The consistency is definitely thicker than the normal Clean Makeup, which makes it so much more blendable. It gives a good level of coverage and looks natural. It does control most of the oil, although touch-ups are needed in the T-zone. It lasts through most of the day and doesn't slide off, which is very nice. My only problem is that the lightest color in this line is too pink for my skin. I may try the next color darker just in case it's more yellow-based.
Bottom line, this is a really good foundation for a very low price.