MAC Frost - Angel

on 4/6/2010 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ah, Angel... sadly, you have not turned out to be the pink-toned gift from above I had hoped you would be.
My experience with Angel seems to be fairly different than that of the many reviews below. The first difference is that, to me, Angel IS a Frost. Perhaps it's not quite the shimmer-bomb that some of MAC's other frosts tend to be, but it has a definite frostiness to it that Mattes, Satins, Lustres & Glazes certainly lack. It's this texture, coupled with the somewhat less-than-flattering color, that make me incredibly lukewarm about the product.
While it looks like an incredibly creamy, lovely soft pink when swatched, something about it on my lips is... off. Herein lies the second issue. Perhaps it's a touch too pale - without actually meaning to be a nude, maybe it has a sort of purple/blue cast to it, or maybe it competes with some undertone in my skin color... it's a little difficult to put my finger on what it is that rubs me the wrong way about this color, but whatever it is, I just find that it doesn't create a shade of pink on my lips that suits me completely. On the other hand, something like the sadly discontinued A Rose Romance, which had a bit more life & vivacity to it, really works to create that wonderful candy pink color which seems to enhance, rather than compete with, my coloring.
I've actually found that, while it appears to be a seemingly simple color, finding the right shade of pink can be almost as difficult as finding that much sought after, perfect shade of red. And I'm sorry to say, Angel has not earned its wings.

on 4/5/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a dark olive skintone and this suits me perfectly. I can use it for day and night. I can use it to work because its nice an understated. makes me happy how versatile this colour is.

i love mac lipstick because my lips are a bit dark and mac gives me adequate coverage.

on 4/4/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the perfect lipstick! It is a nice nude with a hint of pink. It goes great with a lipgloss or even by itself. If you are looking for a nice natural color with a bit of pink, this is the lipstick to get! It is now my favorite lipstick! You can wear it to the office or a night on the town. It is also versatile with age and color of skin. Great product!

on 3/30/2010 7:02:00 PM

My favourite lipstick - even though it's a frost and not as pigmented as a satin or a matte it still covers my natural lip colour and lightens it lovingly.

on 3/29/2010 3:56:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I am absolutely crazy about smokey eyes, and do smokey eyes in a wide varitey of colors and shades. This lip goes perfect with all of my dramatic eye looks, and I find it comfortable enough to wear to work. I have very pigmented lips that sometimes can look purplish red, and this covers them great. This is a great pinky-nude on me and a color that I just could not live without.

on 3/24/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first ever MAC lipstick and the one that started it all. This is my everyday and favorite lipstick in my drawer. Its a great pink colour I love to wear it with and without gloss

on 3/23/2010 7:09:00 PM

I agree with those below, I have no clue why Angel is a frost lipstick. It's not frosty at all. It actually has the same consistency as Hue. It's a bit chalky and it's more of a semi-matte.

The color is pretty but it doesn't work for me. I think Angel would look lovely on those with a tan more so than those who are pale. I, unfortunately, am quite pale and this looks too bright on me in the sunlight.

on 3/23/2010 3:51:00 PM

I honestly do not understand why this falls into the "frost" category... for me it is a cross between cream and matte. This is my ideal "lip color but better" and I absolutely love it! It is long lasting, feels perfect on, looks great on it's own, but also looks amazing under just about any shade of gloss!

on 3/23/2010 10:09:00 AM

Great price-value compared to other lipsticks. I am in general not a lipstick person at all, I always thought lipsticks are for my mother's age, however, my lips are naturally colored, people think I had lipstick on even when I wear nothing. My lip is kind of purple undertone, very visible, but whenever I try to have dramatic looking eyes, I wanting nude lip color becomes a problem. Lip glosses simply won't cover my lip color, but BA at Mac let me try this on, and I am quite happty with it, it is more moisturizing than lancome and clinique and estee lauder ones. The color is kind of beige-undertoned very attractive straight creamy pink. The texture covers my original lip color and gave me a very chic look. And it is quite inexpensive, too. Good to pair with MAC lip balm.

on 3/22/2010 8:44:00 AM

I bought this lipstick after hearing so many good reviews about it. It is a pale, frosty pink colour. When I applyed it, it felt very drying. It didn't really colour my lips that well on its own so I applyed foundation first then applyed it again (my lips are naturally very red, I usually have to apply a thin layer of foundation on them and then the lipstick to get the true colour).

To be honest I don't find it that great. It looks like a lovely colour but on me it doesn't really do anything for me. I don't think it looks very neutral like everyone says it does, I find it very pink. It doesn't compliment the rest of my make up that well either. I guess I was a bit disappointed with it.

However I think that it would work well with darker skin tones then me and people with not so pigmented lips. I am very pale as well so I guess thats why it doesn't look too good either. On someone with a darker skintone though I think it would look better.

Popular Lipsticks