Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 3/23/2008 4:05:00 PM

This foundation gives good coverage and a nice glow. The consistency is creamy, really easy to blend in; the pump is great for getting the right amount. All delivered as promissed but I found it a bit uncomfortable to wear - it feels rather heavy & sticky towards the end of the day. Not a good range of shades either. I wouldn't buy it again because of the price and the comfort factor.

on 3/9/2008 4:04:00 AM

I think i have found my HG foundation! I am lucky to have a clear complexion but i still have patches of redness and uneven tones etc. This foundation is so light i would liken it to a tinted moisturiser. But it covers all te bad stuff without looking too heavy. Its easy to blend and looks incredibly smooth on. It moisturises my skin well and creates a very dewy look.
I love the way my skin looks with this on and definately plan on purchasing again!

on 3/6/2008 7:35:00 PM

First, let me say that this is a lovely product....just not for me. My first problem was finding a color match. I have a lot of pink in my fair skin and all the shades were a bit too yellow. I did purchase the lightest and tried to make it work, but ended up returning it. The other issue was how it settled on my dry skin (even with moisturizer applied first). It looked a little heavy, unnatural, and a bit chalky.

The Chanel SA was awesome and spent a lot of time with me to find something that would work. We (I'll credit Renee for her diligence) determined that Teint Naturel in Alabaster was both a good color match and it covered beautifully without looking too heavy.

When you're shopping for a foundation, invest some time and try it on!

on 3/1/2008 9:02:00 AM

For aging skin where the trend is "less is more" this does the trick. More Magazine states that the biggest mistake older women make with their makeup is heavy foundation, too dark lipstick and the use of finishing powder. Amen to that! The trend is lighter, more youthful colors (sheer pinks and flush of color) and a lighter foundation. The liquid formula allows for sheer coverage and buildable coverage in areas that might need more help. I recently purchased the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer and under the Chanel liquid, the results were fabulous. When the Chanel SA "did" my face, she put it on fairly heavy (as all SAs tend to do) and even with the heavier than normal appl. the results were luminous and natural. The pump bottle allows complete control of how much product you dispense. I used one and a half squirts into the palm of my clean hand and applied with a foundation brush (mostly on cheeks, chin and nose). Its consistency is much more liquid than any other foundation from a pump but the coverage is still good. It felt light and easily blended out with the brush. It did not settle into fine lines or creases/folds. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry either despite its lighter consistency.(and the cold climate I live in) The bottle contains a lot of product. I would say for those women who are trying to get a more natural finish, this is the product for you. I can't comment on color selection because the one tried on my face at the Chanel counter was a great match for my ruddy, aging, combo and sometimes bizarre-o skin. I am fair but I have a lot of "color" in my skin - and sometimes it appears to have a lot of yellow, and sometimes a lot of red. Go figure. As an aside, after I had purchased the foundation, the SA gave me a huge amount of skincare samples and I was blown away by the amount. They will last me months (and I even shared some with friends)

on 2/29/2008 8:50:00 AM

This, quite simply, is a lovely product. It goes on smoothly to create a lovely finish...my skin looks perfect and glowing. A friend sitting just across from at a small table could not tell I was wearing makeup but commented on how nice my skin was looking. The down sides of this product are that I believe it would not work well for anyone with even slightly oily skin. My skin is normal and I find this can be abit too much for me. I really can't wear it in the summer. The other down-side for me is that it does not feel natural (which may related to the issue of my skin type). So, I tend to wear this when I want to dress up more and I use something lighter for day to day use. Final down-side, it has spf which I don't like because it can affect the photostablility of my actual sunscreen. So, overall, a lovely product but won't work for everyone. FYI...I use beige (#2 or 40 depending which country your in) and I'm about nc30 or nc35 in summer.

Update: Over time, I began to feel this product was too heavy and abit too oily for my skin type. That doesn't diminish its quality but just won't be my hg (at least at this time of life).

on 2/25/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent foundation! first reaction on opening, was it's strong scent.. which smelt like roses or something..i thought my skin is NOT going to like this, but surprisingly, it's SO comfortable on that it feels like i'm wearing no makeup at all. It sinks right into the skin so you have to blend fast! But it looked dewy and natural and lasted all night.

on 2/19/2008 3:35:00 PM

I really love this foundation. The color is perfect,and it makes my skin look flawless if put on with a foundation brush. I need to use very little for a natural looking coverage, and a little more in the evening. I was using Estee Lauder's brand for mature skin, but there is no comparison and well worth the extra dollars. I will definitely buy this again.

on 1/26/2008 12:25:00 AM

After trying a multitude of low and high end foundations, I decided to try this baby.

I was super suprised with this one! It doesn't highlight my dry, flaky spots around my nose (which EVERY foundation does!), is ultra buildable, and has a light - medium amount of coverage.

I have the lightest colour but it is slightly too dark for me in winter, so I mix it with a little Laura Mercier Moisturizng foundation. I set this with Nars Loose Powder in Snow as sometimes I find it looks a little too dewy, and it lasts all day. This doesn't make my combo skin look greasy and suprisingly doesn't break me out either.

I live in a extremely hot and humid city and Vitalumiere manages to withstand the conditions!

An all around winner, well worth the price.
Swatch picture uploaded.

ETA: I've noticed this really just slips off. Since I have to mix this foundation with another to get my colour it really isn't worth the AU$100+ pricetag. I've found Bourjois Repulpant to be just as good! Taken off a lippy.

on 12/13/2007 11:07:00 AM

For the most part I use mineral make-up in my daily routine. Tried this product as I wanted something that might give me a more 'polished' look. I have normal skin, and it was fine for me with respect to hydration etc. and it certainly does leave skin lookng radiant. With my very fair skin, the lightest shade (nude/limpide 10) was a touch dark, but still worked without looking 'off'. However, the heavy fragrance of this product is too much for me, and left me with a headache the first hour I wore it...which I found odd, as the tester at the store didn't have a strong perfumy smell. For that reason I take one lippie off. Its a really lovely foundation if you can tolerate the smell! Unfortunately I will not be able to repurchase for that reason - am planning on trying the compact version next!

on 12/5/2007 4:01:00 PM

Well, for something this expensive, it could come in a prettier bottle, but that's about my only complaint. I really like this. Just started wearing it, but I'm very happy with the coverage (just enough) and the feel (hardly any). I live in a really warm place, so I will probably go back to MMU in the summer (which starts in March) but for what passes for winter here, this is terrific. My skin is pretty sensitve so I didn't know if it would work out or not but it's fine.