December 17, 2014 | 1715 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bethindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say that this is a lovely product....just not for me. My first problem was finding a color match. I have a lot of pink in my fair skin and all the shades were a bit too yellow. I did purchase the lightest and tried to make it work, but ended up returning it. The other issue was how it settled on my dry skin (even with moisturizer applied first). It looked a little heavy, unnatural, and a bit chalky.

The Chanel SA was awesome and spent a lot of time with me to find something that would work. We (I'll credit Renee for her diligence) determined that Teint Naturel in Alabaster was both a good color match and it covered beautifully without looking too heavy.

When you're shopping for a foundation, invest some time and try it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hkeeley

For aging skin where the trend is "less is more" this does the trick. More Magazine states that the biggest mistake older women make with their makeup is heavy foundation, too dark lipstick and the use of finishing powder. Amen to that! The trend is lighter, more youthful colors (sheer pinks and flush of color) and a lighter foundation. The liquid formula allows for sheer coverage and buildable coverage in areas that might need more help. I recently purchased the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer and under the Chanel liquid, the results were fabulous. When the Chanel SA "did" my face, she put it on fairly heavy (as all SAs tend to do) and even with the heavier than normal appl. the results were luminous and natural. The pump bottle allows complete control of how much product you dispense. I used one and a half squirts into the palm of my clean hand and applied with a foundation brush (mostly on cheeks, chin and nose). Its consistency is much more liquid than any other foundation from a pump but the coverage is still good. It felt light and easily blended out with the brush. It did not settle into fine lines or creases/folds. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry either despite its lighter consistency.(and the cold climate I live in) The bottle contains a lot of product. I would say for those women who are trying to get a more natural finish, this is the product for you. I can't comment on color selection because the one tried on my face at the Chanel counter was a great match for my ruddy, aging, combo and sometimes bizarre-o skin. I am fair but I have a lot of "color" in my skin - and sometimes it appears to have a lot of yellow, and sometimes a lot of red. Go figure. As an aside, after I had purchased the foundation, the SA gave me a huge amount of skincare samples and I was blown away by the amount. They will last me months (and I even shared some with friends)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Laura22

This, quite simply, is a lovely product. It goes on smoothly to create a lovely finish...my skin looks perfect and glowing. A friend sitting just across from at a small table could not tell I was wearing makeup but commented on how nice my skin was looking. The down sides of this product are that I believe it would not work well for anyone with even slightly oily skin. My skin is normal and I find this can be abit too much for me. I really can't wear it in the summer. The other down-side for me is that it does not feel natural (which may related to the issue of my skin type). So, I tend to wear this when I want to dress up more and I use something lighter for day to day use. Final down-side, it has spf which I don't like because it can affect the photostablility of my actual sunscreen. So, overall, a lovely product but won't work for everyone. FYI...I use beige (#2 or 40 depending which country your in) and I'm about nc30 or nc35 in summer.

Update: Over time, I began to feel this product was too heavy and abit too oily for my skin type. That doesn't diminish its quality but just won't be my hg (at least at this time of life).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MandyBayou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent foundation! first reaction on opening, was it's strong scent.. which smelt like roses or something..i thought my skin is NOT going to like this, but surprisingly, it's SO comfortable on that it feels like i'm wearing no makeup at all. It sinks right into the skin so you have to blend fast! But it looked dewy and natural and lasted all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. The color is perfect,and it makes my skin look flawless if put on with a foundation brush. I need to use very little for a natural looking coverage, and a little more in the evening. I was using Estee Lauder's brand for mature skin, but there is no comparison and well worth the extra dollars. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by breaseygirl

After trying a multitude of low and high end foundations, I decided to try this baby.

I was super suprised with this one! It doesn't highlight my dry, flaky spots around my nose (which EVERY foundation does!), is ultra buildable, and has a light - medium amount of coverage.

I have the lightest colour but it is slightly too dark for me in winter, so I mix it with a little Laura Mercier Moisturizng foundation. I set this with Nars Loose Powder in Snow as sometimes I find it looks a little too dewy, and it lasts all day. This doesn't make my combo skin look greasy and suprisingly doesn't break me out either.

I live in a extremely hot and humid city and Vitalumiere manages to withstand the conditions!

An all around winner, well worth the price.
Swatch picture uploaded.

ETA: I've noticed this really just slips off. Since I have to mix this foundation with another to get my colour it really isn't worth the AU$100+ pricetag. I've found Bourjois Repulpant to be just as good! Taken off a lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by myamax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the most part I use mineral make-up in my daily routine. Tried this product as I wanted something that might give me a more 'polished' look. I have normal skin, and it was fine for me with respect to hydration etc. and it certainly does leave skin lookng radiant. With my very fair skin, the lightest shade (nude/limpide 10) was a touch dark, but still worked without looking 'off'. However, the heavy fragrance of this product is too much for me, and left me with a headache the first hour I wore it...which I found odd, as the tester at the store didn't have a strong perfumy smell. For that reason I take one lippie off. Its a really lovely foundation if you can tolerate the smell! Unfortunately I will not be able to repurchase for that reason - am planning on trying the compact version next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, for something this expensive, it could come in a prettier bottle, but that's about my only complaint. I really like this. Just started wearing it, but I'm very happy with the coverage (just enough) and the feel (hardly any). I live in a really warm place, so I will probably go back to MMU in the summer (which starts in March) but for what passes for winter here, this is terrific. My skin is pretty sensitve so I didn't know if it would work out or not but it's fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep trying other foundations, but keep coming back to Vitalumiere. Love the pump dispenser, keeps product fresh and untainted - though the glass bottle is hopeless for travel (but the pump makes it easy to decant into a small plastic bottle for travelling). it gives good, natural, dewy coverage, even in a hurry! i have patches of sun pigmentation which i can still see underneath so need concealer ideally as well, but the foundation evens everything out.
but cld understand why some people find it too rich. i have normal to dry skin.
i am chinese and use 40 beige (and Mac studio fix nc35 for touch-ups/repairs/instant cover). i have also tried a sample of the Giorgio Armani silk foundation colour 6.5 which i also liked a lot but was initially wary because my sister reacted badly to it. so far, after several applications from a sample tube a helpful sales assistant gave me, i've had no adverse reactions so am going to buy this next time.
the Giorgio Armani is a sheerer/more liquid texture than the Vitalumiere, so you have to be careful not to squirt too much out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by dahlialover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product comes in a lovely pump bottle and has a good selection of shades. I have found that tender ivory is excellent for my neutral-toned pale skin. It's not yellow and it's not pink. It makes me look very healthy.

This foundation is definitely for dry-skinned gals. If you have oily skin, stay away.

If you have dry skin and want something that has a silky texture and sheer coverage, give this a serious look. But if you want more coverage, I don't recommend it. The sheer coverage means I only wear it on "good skin" days.

What I use this foundation for most of all is to thin out other foundations that are too thick or too drying. A little dollop of this added to my Lancome Renergie turns an otherwise ho-hum Lancome foundation into a really nice one. A blending of Vitalumiere with Chanel's Teint Naturel is also a great combination.

I also have this in a darker color that I use to adjust the color on some of my foundations that are too pale for my skin when it tans in summer.

Overall, this is a very useful foundation, but I seldom wear it alone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No