August 21, 2014 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. The color is perfect,and it makes my skin look flawless if put on with a foundation brush. I need to use very little for a natural looking coverage, and a little more in the evening. I was using Estee Lauder's brand for mature skin, but there is no comparison and well worth the extra dollars. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by breaseygirl

After trying a multitude of low and high end foundations, I decided to try this baby.

I was super suprised with this one! It doesn't highlight my dry, flaky spots around my nose (which EVERY foundation does!), is ultra buildable, and has a light - medium amount of coverage.

I have the lightest colour but it is slightly too dark for me in winter, so I mix it with a little Laura Mercier Moisturizng foundation. I set this with Nars Loose Powder in Snow as sometimes I find it looks a little too dewy, and it lasts all day. This doesn't make my combo skin look greasy and suprisingly doesn't break me out either.

I live in a extremely hot and humid city and Vitalumiere manages to withstand the conditions!

An all around winner, well worth the price.
Swatch picture uploaded.

ETA: I've noticed this really just slips off. Since I have to mix this foundation with another to get my colour it really isn't worth the AU$100+ pricetag. I've found Bourjois Repulpant to be just as good! Taken off a lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by myamax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the most part I use mineral make-up in my daily routine. Tried this product as I wanted something that might give me a more 'polished' look. I have normal skin, and it was fine for me with respect to hydration etc. and it certainly does leave skin lookng radiant. With my very fair skin, the lightest shade (nude/limpide 10) was a touch dark, but still worked without looking 'off'. However, the heavy fragrance of this product is too much for me, and left me with a headache the first hour I wore it...which I found odd, as the tester at the store didn't have a strong perfumy smell. For that reason I take one lippie off. Its a really lovely foundation if you can tolerate the smell! Unfortunately I will not be able to repurchase for that reason - am planning on trying the compact version next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, for something this expensive, it could come in a prettier bottle, but that's about my only complaint. I really like this. Just started wearing it, but I'm very happy with the coverage (just enough) and the feel (hardly any). I live in a really warm place, so I will probably go back to MMU in the summer (which starts in March) but for what passes for winter here, this is terrific. My skin is pretty sensitve so I didn't know if it would work out or not but it's fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep trying other foundations, but keep coming back to Vitalumiere. Love the pump dispenser, keeps product fresh and untainted - though the glass bottle is hopeless for travel (but the pump makes it easy to decant into a small plastic bottle for travelling). it gives good, natural, dewy coverage, even in a hurry! i have patches of sun pigmentation which i can still see underneath so need concealer ideally as well, but the foundation evens everything out.
but cld understand why some people find it too rich. i have normal to dry skin.
i am chinese and use 40 beige (and Mac studio fix nc35 for touch-ups/repairs/instant cover). i have also tried a sample of the Giorgio Armani silk foundation colour 6.5 which i also liked a lot but was initially wary because my sister reacted badly to it. so far, after several applications from a sample tube a helpful sales assistant gave me, i've had no adverse reactions so am going to buy this next time.
the Giorgio Armani is a sheerer/more liquid texture than the Vitalumiere, so you have to be careful not to squirt too much out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by dahlialover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product comes in a lovely pump bottle and has a good selection of shades. I have found that tender ivory is excellent for my neutral-toned pale skin. It's not yellow and it's not pink. It makes me look very healthy.

This foundation is definitely for dry-skinned gals. If you have oily skin, stay away.

If you have dry skin and want something that has a silky texture and sheer coverage, give this a serious look. But if you want more coverage, I don't recommend it. The sheer coverage means I only wear it on "good skin" days.

What I use this foundation for most of all is to thin out other foundations that are too thick or too drying. A little dollop of this added to my Lancome Renergie turns an otherwise ho-hum Lancome foundation into a really nice one. A blending of Vitalumiere with Chanel's Teint Naturel is also a great combination.

I also have this in a darker color that I use to adjust the color on some of my foundations that are too pale for my skin when it tans in summer.

Overall, this is a very useful foundation, but I seldom wear it alone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this foundation! I have normal to dry skin, always drier at this time of year and I love a dewy looking foundation. I have tried so many; recent purchases include Clinique Supermoisture (lovely finish but colours no good-too pink-toned), Clarins True Comfort (limited colours, not quite dewy enough but the best I'd tried), Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich (good colours but sits on my skin looking blotchy and showing every fine hair). When I visited the Chanel counter I was torn between this and the Teint Innocence but the SA was sooo helpful; best I've ever encountered- and said this was the most moisturising and dewy. I explained my problem of my neck being paler than my face and that, because I'm quite freckly, when I use a foundation that is perfect on my jawline/neck, once applied all over I look like a ghost! She tried three shades on me and discounted two as too greying and too dark and then said that I should go for the beige, which, though a bit warmer than my skin tone should brighten up my complexion. I have to say that it is darker than my usual foundations but it looks fab! She made my face up completely with this and I was sold; I look healthier and my complexion is glowing! It goes on beautifully, doesn't dry out and it lasts. It blends perfectly and though it is darker than usual it doesn't leave any make-up line round my jaw which was my fear. My only reservation is that, as it is so different to my usual colours, I still do get paranoid it's a bit dark, especially as winter goes on! But so far I'm v happy, even checking it in bright sunlight it looks good. Maybe I could do with it being a fraction lighter in colour but this is definitely the closest match and, teamed with Chanel's amazing Joues Contraste blusher, I do feel I look healthy and glowing. Also the pump dispenser is fabulous; I wasn't too sure I'd like it but it does dispense just the right amount! EDIT 01/03/08 Still loving this foundation but as my skin has got lighter through winter I've had to mix it with a much lighter foundation I already owned (the Clarins True Comfort). This has worked v well but upon running out of the Clarins I was going to buy another but decided to pay another visit to the Chanel counter just to test their colours again. This time I've found the 30 Cendre (Shell) to be a good match. The SA wasn't too sure at first, thinking it to be a bit light but this was because I was already wearing foundation but I bought it with a view to mixing with the beige shade. I'm so glad I did buy it as I don't even need to mix it-applied to clean skin it looks just perfect on its own-just goes to prove when shopping for make-up you should always go with bare skin! I will repurchase Vitalumiere again and again esp as I've found colours to suit my skin both with and without a tan (usually a huge problem for me). Just hope they never discontinue!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:30:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the glowy,dewy look of this but for some reason its horrible on my skin.I have very dry skin and this just magnifies all the dry spots and looks kind of cakey around them.
Basically looks terrible!I've seen it look fantastic on other skin types though-very radiant...but not suited to dry skin in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I love the way this sits on my skin. It looks like I have nothing on my face, but I still have a natural glow. It is the best foundation I have found, yet it is not perfect. The coverage is average, and it does fade throughout the day. I have not found anything better, so I will continue to repurchase. EDIT: It is just too oily on my skin to work in the summertime. I end up a shiny greasy mess, even with powder and it doesnt stay on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This foundation created a fine glow that is great for the winter. However, it feels extremely heavy on the skin. The texture is very rich and creamy. I didn't really like how thick the foundation was so I returned this the next day. I have nice skin so I usually wear very sheer ones to give me a nice subtle glow.