July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love these. I have one in "pink truffle" and it's unscented, pigmented, and moisturising. I am probably going to get "candy apple" next. The staying power isn't great but it is easy to reapply during the day. Those who find the product too oily probably do not have dry lips as I do. My only problem with the Lip Butters is that the lipstick bullets are too big and since the product is very pigmented and creamy, it can look like messy lipstick. I would prefer a slimmer tube so that application is more precise. The best way for me to use this product is with a lip brush.... Minus one lippie for the thick tube design.

Edit: I just bought "candy apple". It's a bright warm red (tomato red) that's very pigmented and buildable. It leaves a bit of a stain after it wears off. I realise that in the USA the lip butters sell for $7-8, but these are $20-25 in Australia. I bought them full-priced and like them so much, I am considering buying another one. I'm probably going to get "fig jam". For reference I have a light olive complexion (NC20-30) and purplish pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

I got this product in 'peach parfait' and the color is very nice and it is moisturizing as well. it's a little more subtle than I expected it to be though. I just wish that it would last longer and that it was more pigmented so I don't have to run it over my lips so many times to see some color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

I really enjoy this lip product. Pigmented. Glides on very smooth. Relatively moisturising. You do need to reapply every few hours. You don't need gloss as the finish does leave a shine to it.
I would definitely repurchase..but only if it was on sale. I live in Australia and it costs about $21-$22 RRP. However I got it for a 2 for 1 sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnamorollovable

So, I'm hoping to collect all of these. I have 9 at the moment, I added a picture w/ 8 swatches because I haven't photographed Sweet Tart yet. I love them, but I don't think they are moisturizing at all, and I only buy them when they are on sale (and I'm in the US.) However, the color range, packaging, and sheer lipbalm/lipstick hybrid gimmick has me raving about these... if you are looking to try them out, I recommend Berry Smoothie and Tutti Frutti.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by kateeexoxo84

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying i got this on sale. The full price of this is six dollars i believe and i dont think this product is worth that, although i do like it. I have it in the shade, strawberry shortcake. Its a beautiful baby pink and has a frosty finish. It isn't EXTREMELY pigmented, but it is very nice. It goes on smooth and it's a very creamy formula. I like this a lot and you dont really need a lip gloss with it because of the finish! I wouldn't purchase this again only because of the price, I think if it was only three or four dollars then i might, but I think six is too expensive for what this is.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by M1RACLE

I got Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy on sale recently. I always use lip balm underneath all lip products because I make sure to have SPF on my lips regardless of whether or not the lip product I'm about to use has it.

I like that they're a 'hybrid' between a lipstick and a lipgloss. Lipsticks never apply well on my lips even on top of lip balm (like my Revlon lipstick Pink in the Afternoon) but this goes on beautifully. I got it on sale so the price alone makes me really like the product because it goes on well.

As far as pigmentation goes, Cotton Candy barely shows up on me. It looks like a semi-matte lip balm. On days where my lips look less pigmented, the lavender/lilac tones show up more otherwise it's just nothing on my lips. Strawberry Shortcake looks fab on my lips. A medium pink on my lips. I've seen many swatches and it looks super bright pink but since my lips are pigmented it looks like a muted pink which I love for every day.

One major gripe is how hard it is to open the packaging! The packaging is cute and playful but my gosh it's so hard to open. I have to wiggle it loose before I pull off the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

edit 9/13/13: while i still like this product, i find that it doesn't last long and it gets annoying to reapply so often! it also feels very sticky and unpleasant during the summer!

i absolutely love this lipstick; it is sheer and natural looking and very smooth feeling when you apply it on! my problem with some lipsticks in the past has been the very dry feeling i get after i apply, but this one feels nice and smooth and well, like butter! it's a great color as well, because its just red enough that it makes my lips look colored but its so sheer it looks very natural and pretty. it does have a little bit of a glossy, shiny finish, not matte, but i like the effect because it's not super sticky shiny like lipgloss can be.
my sister and i have fallen in love very quickly, and we've each bought three different colors and i know i want more shades! we both have cherry tart, which is a really nice red that's not extremely red or daring, and i have tutti frutti, which is orange but on my lips looks like a very nice coral color, and red velvet, which is a darker red that creates a berry-stained kind of look! i love them so much, and since they're relatively cheap and i don't like splurging on makeup, this is a really nice choice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This has got to be one of my favorite lip products ever. I have 11 colors and I plan to buy at least five more. What they all have in common is the glossy texture and the shiny finish, it really is a perfect combination of gloss and lipstick but fortunately the texture here isn't sticky at all (and my hair never gets caught in it). Some shades have a little shimmer in them but it's not very noticeable, in fact I quite like it. Some colors have a very very subtle vanilla scent but mostly I don't smell anything when I apply it.
To be honest I think each shade of the product should be reviewed separately because they really are very different. The pigmentation varies a lot and so does the wear time but on average they last two to three hours on me. I would separate them into two groups. Some shades remind me of a tinted lip balm and might look weird on very pigmented lips (Strawberry shortcake, Cotton candy, Cupcake, Creme Brulee, Berry smoothie). The other shades are in my opinion true lipsticks with a very glossy finish (Candy apple, Cherry tart, Red velvet, Lollipop, Raspberry pie) and perfect for people who want to try color on their lips but are a little intimidated by bright lipsticks. Sweet tart kinda belongs in both groups.
I have to say I have pretty dry lips and this product hasn't dried them out at all and definitely didn't cause any peeling or allergies. Lip butter is in my opinion a very appropriate name, it does apply on your lips like butter (especially in the summer months). I love it much much more than the Korres Lip butter.
The only con for me is that because of the creamy texture the product gets used up pretty fast but since the product was so cheap I don't mind it too much.
The sad thing is that these are much more expensive in other countries (8 pounds in the UK, 12 in Italy) so I would definitely not buy as many colors as I did. I can't wait to get Tutti frutti, Sugar plum, Gumdrop, Pink truffle next time I'm in the US, I might even get Peach parfait which lots of people seem to hate because of the big glitter particles.
The packaging reminds me of the Dior Lip glow. The casing matches the shade of the lipstick and I would say it looks really stylish in some colors (soft pinks) and pretty horrible and cheap in others (reds). I agree that the base of the lipstick should be bigger so the cap would be easier to pull off but since it was so cheap I don't mind it.
Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these! i have sugar frosting and another very bright pink colour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't trust the rave reviews or their color descriptions and save your money. They are expensive, super sheer non-moisturising lip glosses that go into the lines and dry out lips - in pretty packaging with tons of hype. Most colors don't show up that much and some are suprisingly glittery. I mean glittery balm? They dry out people's lips and make them flake. I thought it was just me but then I checked out other peoples video reviews and talked to a few friends then realised the product makes dry lips get even worse for people with dry or sensitive lips. I thought thats what a "butter" would be for? But the worst thing about these lip "butters" is that most of the colors magnify lip lines 500%. Even on young girls with smooth lips I notice it collects into their lines and looks awful. If I had paid a couple of dollars I would just say oh well, but I paid NZ $27 here so its a major rip off.

12 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No