August 29, 2014 | 996 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Alynflair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a little late on hopping in the band wagon, but after watching tons of youtube videos, I'm glad I purchased a few. I purchased 3 colors which were Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, and Sweet Tart. Each were about $7.99 at Walgreens.What I love the most is that they do moisturize the lips well. My lips tend to get really dry, but after using these lippies my lips felt conditioned and SUPPERRR soft. Color pay off is decent for both Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart. Strawberry shortcake gives off a cooler toned nudey pink which looks great with almost any eye makeup look. :) As for Sweet Tart, this color looks more like a light fushia color on me, I assume because of my slightly pigmented lips. Peach Parfait was a shade I was hoping I'd like, but sadly color pay off wasn't pleasing at all. It just looked like I put on glitter lip balm and to be honest, there was nothing to special about it. :( I'll keep using it and who knows! I might like it down the road. Packaging is super cute, remind of chanel because of the "quilted" like pattern. The top of the packaging is clear, so you'll be able to see how the color looks like if you want to check it out at the store. Overall though, I feel this would be a great product to add to your makeup collection and I plan to try out more of the other colors they offer! I'm planning to post a more detailed review later on my blog at alynflair.blogspot.com :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kristinamk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Lip Butter purchase was Peach Parfait. I agree that it was a bit glittery, and it is not my go-to color. Deciding to give it another chance, I purchased Lollipop and I have been overly impressed. Certain shades are better than others (I now have seven of them), but most have a smooth, creamy texture. The staying power is not fantastic, but it's so easy to reapply as it is much more like a balm than a lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

At first I was going on the band wagon and bought Peach Parafait, Berry Smoothie, and Pink Truffle.... They look great and are very opaque. But to me they feel like thick lipglosses in lipstick form. It has a very shiny finish, not matte like most lipsticks. It's just not for me. Also I didnt think it was that moisturizing even though it appeared shiny. But I do like these more than regular typical lipglosses because the consistency is lighter and less thick and goopy/sticky!!

Pros:
Fun color range
Lipstick + Lipbalm = Lipgloss but better
Not thick and sticky or goopy like regular lip glosses
Glossy/shiny finish

Cons:
Shiny finish, like lipgloss
Not as opaque as lipstick
Wears off easily

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this lip butter in Lollipop, a rich and bright purple. It is one of the first product for the lips that is not a gloss that I purchase. I would have prefered to get this in Cherry Tart, but the tester was gone and I could not afford to buy a color I would not love.
I find this lipstick quite expensive for the quantity you get, but the color payoff is awesome! Lollipop is bright, yes, but quite wearable. Of course, you have to tone down your eye makeup when you wear it, or you will look like a clown.
The packaging is quite cute, but I am afraid to break the plastic cap when trying to open the tube.
I have to say that this product tends to settle in the crease and small lines of your lips, so you really have to exfoliate or apply a rich lip balm before using it.
When applying the lipstick, it goes on smoothly, but after only an hour I noticed that my lips were dry, but not uncomfortable though. The color never failed for me, even when the smoothness of the first application was gone.
I would not buy this product because of the price, unless it goes on a big sale, and also because there weren't so many shades that I reallly loved.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by anaisadorkie

I don't know about this product... i bought this in peach parfait and it is a shimmery peach. Moisturizing is okay but i feel like these lip butters slide all over the place.
Packaging is kind of hard to open and being that these lip butters are so oil-based, lipstck gets built up at the top edge of the tube.

I would not buy thus product again because these lip- butters feel so gross on the lips... they are too oily !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 3 colors, Red Velvet, Cherry Red and Sweettart - of which I am on my second tube. The payoff is good, they wear pretty well, and the colors are striking. Be careful not to let them get too warm, or you may have a fail with the stick like I did this summer. My favorite part is that they are a great multi-tasker, since I use them as a creme blush also. Try it! They spread nicely, and stay on. My favorite for this is the Cherry Red, but they all work.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love these. I have one in "pink truffle" and it's unscented, pigmented, and moisturising. I am probably going to get "candy apple" next. The staying power isn't great but it is easy to reapply during the day. Those who find the product too oily probably do not have dry lips as I do. My only problem with the Lip Butters is that the lipstick bullets are too big and since the product is very pigmented and creamy, it can look like messy lipstick. I would prefer a slimmer tube so that application is more precise. The best way for me to use this product is with a lip brush.... Minus one lippie for the thick tube design.

Edit: I just bought "candy apple". It's a bright warm red (tomato red) that's very pigmented and buildable. It leaves a bit of a stain after it wears off. I realise that in the USA the lip butters sell for $7-8, but these are $20-25 in Australia. I bought them full-priced and like them so much, I am considering buying another one. I'm probably going to get "fig jam". For reference I have a light olive complexion (NC20-30) and purplish pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

I got this product in 'peach parfait' and the color is very nice and it is moisturizing as well. it's a little more subtle than I expected it to be though. I just wish that it would last longer and that it was more pigmented so I don't have to run it over my lips so many times to see some color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

I really enjoy this lip product. Pigmented. Glides on very smooth. Relatively moisturising. You do need to reapply every few hours. You don't need gloss as the finish does leave a shine to it.
I would definitely repurchase..but only if it was on sale. I live in Australia and it costs about $21-$22 RRP. However I got it for a 2 for 1 sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnamorollovable

So, I'm hoping to collect all of these. I have 9 at the moment, I added a picture w/ 8 swatches because I haven't photographed Sweet Tart yet. I love them, but I don't think they are moisturizing at all, and I only buy them when they are on sale (and I'm in the US.) However, the color range, packaging, and sheer lipbalm/lipstick hybrid gimmick has me raving about these... if you are looking to try them out, I recommend Berry Smoothie and Tutti Frutti.