September 16, 2014 | 2010 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by elidalove

I thought this would go well with my skintype and I did a lot of research before I bought it. The problem is that it makes my skin look a lot worse than it does without any makeup. It makes my dry patches and breakouts stand out even more. I apply it with my Sigma F80 brush, and it does look somewhat better. But if you have dry skin I would not recommend it and I've tried most application-techniques but none of them gives the result I wanted. I use it every now and then and it's fine, but not worth the money I paid. Which is sad because I really wanted to love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this foundation. For starters, it's a really nice texture and it blends easily. The finish is very natural, not matte but not really glowy either. It does have a scent but it's nothing really strong or annoying. To me it smells like sun tan lotion and I can only smell it when I'm applying it, once it's on my skin I dont notice the smell anymore. I also like how it can be used on lots of skin types. I have oily combo skin and all I have to do is powder it to make it last and it looks great! It also suites dryer skin types and looks beautiful on them. The lasting power for ME is about 6-8 hours but I don't wear my makeup all day long so that's perfect for me. If you want it to last longer than that I would suggest a primer or a powder and you'd probably have to touch up a bit throughout the day. It gives me enough coverage to cover my pesky dark circles and evens out my skin tone but it's not for people who want FULL coverage and need to cover bad scaring or acne. It's very light but it doesn't look like I'm wearing nothing which I like. I also live in Florida where it's very hot and I don't have an issue with it slipping off my face.I like how it's oil free as well. Apparently it has lotus flower water in it which I think is what gives it the nice smell. You had to shake it up before you use it or else it comes out watery and it separates. As for the packaging, the squeeze top gets messy. I wish it came in a pump bottle like the rest of Chanel's foundations. However I do like that it's plastic and not frosted glass like the others. You can put it in your bag or travel with it without worrying about it breaking. It's very expensive, 45 dollars is what I paid for mine. If it were cheaper I wouldnt feel the need to look around for cheaper options. I will continue to use this until I find something better. I do like this foundation though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Shantellll

Bought this a few days ago and I LOVE it it looks just like skin but better and feels really light. This would be my HG foundation if 3 hrs into wearing it I hadn't developed a few cystic pimples. UGH such a disappointment
since I don't think I will ever find a foundation that compares to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jackieldavis

Thus far has been my absolute favorite foundation - though I'm experimenting with a few others before I buy my next bottle. It's great for light to medium coverage and goes on light and silky smooth. Extremely light, I never feel as though I'm wearing anything. Has a very subtle scent, (similar to Chanel moisturizers which I love). My only complaint is that you REALLY have to shake it up before every use because the foundation can separate from the water a little if you don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion/foundation has changed my makeup routine. I absolutely love it! It looks and feels like skin. I'd definitely recommend it and purchase again despite the $46 price tag. Plus it has SPF which is only a bonus! Just take off the lid place your finger on the dispenser and shake this way it doesn't spill all over the lid. Loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mandity

I've decided to get this after having heard crazily good reviews about this product. But this foundation breaks me out. Surprisingly, it is also drying for my combination skin -- perhaps due to the wintry weather here -- on my nose and under my eyes. It creases after a good eight hours or so even with my skindinavia makeup finishing spray. Most of my face that doesn't dry up after my application of this foundation does look somewhere in between matte and dewy. However, I have gotten small pimples on my chin and on the sides of my nose. This product also has the signature scent of chanel, but I'm not too much of a fan. I possess a number of foundations and BB creams and I have only started sourcing for a new one because my skin has been drying out too much since the start of this winter. I must say this foundation has been disappointing on a whole, and I won't repurchase! It's also terribly expensive here in Australia.

EDIT ON 9TH MAY 2013: I've decided to change my rating to a 5 after having experienced a dramatic change to my skin. I've had serious cystic breakouts which were hormonal and likely to have little to nothing to do with this foundation. However, after having seen the dermatologists and spent many hours fixing my skincare routine and pre-makeup routine, I've finally found the ideal way to make this foundation work. I've realised that prepping the face before using this foundation is so important and it makes such a great difference to the lasting power and look of this foundation throughout the day. FIrst, I use the three-step skincare from Sulwhasoo -- first care serum, toner/essence, moisturiser. Then, I take a pea-sized amount of Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer For Normal and Combination Skin and mix it with the same amount of this foundation -- and the coverage is extremely good, natural, and lasts all day! (in fact, it even gets better towards the end of the day). The coverage is also very buildable so I can always add a little on top of healing scars to conceal them. This has become my ultimate holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ADORE this foundation. It has a finish like no other- it FEELS like sheer, matte satin, but looks glowy. I have combination skin with congestion and breakouts in my T-zone (mostly around my nose and chin) and it magically covers imperfections, but still looks and wears light and natural. I was matched in BR10 in the dead of winter, and throughout most of the year, it is the best match I have ever had in a foundation. Right now, I am tan, so its too light, but if I really want to wear it, I just swirl some bronzer on top. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle that sits upright... hygienic and it doesn't spill out when not in use. It is definitely long wearing on me and keeps my skin feeling matte throughout the day. I also don't think it oxidizes much at all. You wouldn't have to powder it, but I go over it lightly with MUFE HD powder, lightly or Smashbox Halo to up the coverage.
Now to the cons...you don't get much product for your $50. It is truly a tiny bottle of foundation and I have gone through it faster than any other foundation I have owned- typically it takes me a year or two to finish a bottle, but I've gone through this in about 6 months. Granted, I pretty much never wear the same foundation two days in a row...I have a couple that I rotate through. I also don't think it photographs well and it won't cover texture issues or really bad breakouts.
I still really love this and will repurchase when I run out (hopefully by then Chanel will offer a bigger bottle for my $50).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by blondedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Count me upon those who found their usually clear skin now appearing with cystic acne bumps. I think it has something to do with the repugnant scent, of which Chanel seems to unnecessarily taint all of their products with. Otherwise, I found BR10 to be the best color match I've ever found for my cool toned German skin and would have considered this my holy grail foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Armanix09

More of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation- coverage is very light and you can't really build up on it.
Leaves skin feeling soft and doesnt have that shiny after tone, not very long lasting, I prefer Perfection Lumiere - has better coverage and has the benefits of concealing too!
This was also quite pricey for such a small bottle (since you have to use quite a bit daily) therefore I will not be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lngrid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation, it gives me a good coverage but doesn't make my face cakey looking. It feels like I have no make up on at all!
This foundation glides on my skin easily and leaves a matt finish. I apply it with my fingers. It doesn't make me brake out.
I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, and I paid 48,70 euros of it. I think this product is worth the price.