October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

If you're wondering about lash growth, ask yourself how long you actually used the product every day in a row... It takes lash growth products 4-6 weeks to even start to show some results. Our lashes do not grow that fast and no product is safe enough to be like lash Rogaine. The lash growth products like Latisse are very mild and take a few months to get results. If they were any stronger then they wouldn't be approved by the FDA or considered safe. This is supposed to make your lashes stronger, which means you get less breakage and it conditions. It does not promise to make them grow faster or grow thicker/longer. We are naturally born with the lashes we will grow for the rest of our lives and they have their own life cycle. It seems like every day I'm tugging at a lash that is ready to come out. That is with or without even using mascara. The upper lid typically has about 90 to 150 lashes on it, while the bottom has between 70 and 80 lashes. Most eyelashes grow to be about 10 mm long (just over 3/8 inch). Only 40% of your lashes are growing between 30-45 days, so keep that in mind. I'm going to update once I've used a tube. If you think the tube is too big, then don't go near Diorshow. I did notice on the ingredients list that olive oil is included, which is probably the lash conditioner that prevents breakage or stiff lashes. It might also aid in lash growth by preventing that breakage, but Revlon doesn't actually claim it grows lashes.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by KrissCross14

I am satisfied overall with this product. My eyelashes do appear longer, not what they show in the ads of course. However, it is a little clumpy and runs under your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kpalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I find it doesn't leave black flakes under my eyes (like most mascaras do). It gives a ton of volume and lots of pretty length.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is pretty good. When I bought this I had no idea what I was getting into because it was fairly new, but it ended up being a good product. The brush is nothing special. It's just your regular thick bristled brush, but the formula is really nice. I bought this product back in June of 2010 and it is now May 2011, so it has lasted me about 11 months and I still have some left in my tube. Also, it hasn't even dried out yet, so I view it as a good mascara.

Note: no clumping, no smudging, & dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because the lure of actually helping your lashes by wearing mascara is irresistible. My lashes aren't particularly long or full, basically what I call average. This mascara does make them appear longer, simply by darkening the tips which are often very light colored. I didn't notice any added volume, but that wasn't what I wanted. This mascara doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara, which I think it a supreme compliment. It added depth and drama to what I already had, but didn't make me look fake. I got the Black Shimmer variety, and I quite like the subtle way it catches the light. I do wish it was a little blacker, but maybe it isn't possible with the shimmer effect. It doesn't clump and separates beautifully without my having to use a lash comb. I've never noticed any flaking, and it comes off easily without any eyelash casualties. Absolutely the perfect mascara for the "No, I'm not wearing any makeup" look, and quite acceptable for evening with the application of a few additional coats. Any smudges are easily removed with a Q-tip, and even though it isn't waterproof, it does seem to be tear proof. As for the promise of enhancing your existing eyelashes, I think it most definitely delivered. My husband even noticed, and I think that speaks for itself. For a drugstore brand and a bargain price, this is a terrific mascara. I will definitely buy this again, but I might try a darker black instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amcg90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

What appealed to me about this mascara wasn't particularly the name of "Grow Luscious" - i have naturally long eyelashes to begin with, it was the applicator! In one of the larger boots stores near where i stay they have the range of mascara's, then an applicator example in front of each mascara type. I prefer mascara's to have a large chunky applicator, i just find it easier to coat my lashes.

I would recommend this as the mascara is fairly good, lashes got coated easily enough and didnt go too clumpy (i keep an old Max Factor False Lash Effect brush to use to comb my lashes after first coat) Getting used to the applicator is a different story, i love my large applicator mascara but i do get it over my face a lot lol! i dont mind as my lashes do look good.

xo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is nothing special, but it is a good mascara. I can't say that it has made my lashes grow, but they are pretty long so i didnt get it for that reason... there was a bonus lipgloss in the package, hehehe. Even in its average performance, it is a good mascara. I love the brush, it is HUGE, but still easy to use. It doesn't clump and gives enough volume to make a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

I bought this purely for the fact it's said to "grow lashes." In midst of the latisse craze, I'm not willing to drop 180 dollars on something that might change the color of my pretty green eyes so I figured I'd give this a try. First of all, it goes on smoothly and separates my lashes. I have pretty sensitive eyes, but this doesn't bother them. I also live in Arizona, and surprisingly this mascara doesn't flake or smudge from the heat. I've been using it for about a month and haven't really noticed a whole lot of growth but I'll keep trying to see if anything changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by freejulie

I found this mascara really average, I have not experienced any growth what so ever and found this product to be a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I have to first off say that I didn't absolutely hate this product. It did do really nice things for my lashes such as making them super long and separated. But, every time I wore this mascara my eyes would kind of sting and burn I guess in better words this mascara totally dried out my eyes for some reason. I always thought it was because I wasn't used to wearing makeup constantly anymore like I used to; but even after wearing it for weeks, the burning and stinging feeling still kept happening. It had to have been something that was in the product but I'm not sure exactly as to what. I wouldn't try this again because of that fact, plus I would much rather use Maybelline or Cover Girl mascaras anyways...I find their products work better then Revlon.