July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is pretty good. When I bought this I had no idea what I was getting into because it was fairly new, but it ended up being a good product. The brush is nothing special. It's just your regular thick bristled brush, but the formula is really nice. I bought this product back in June of 2010 and it is now May 2011, so it has lasted me about 11 months and I still have some left in my tube. Also, it hasn't even dried out yet, so I view it as a good mascara.

Note: no clumping, no smudging, & dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because the lure of actually helping your lashes by wearing mascara is irresistible. My lashes aren't particularly long or full, basically what I call average. This mascara does make them appear longer, simply by darkening the tips which are often very light colored. I didn't notice any added volume, but that wasn't what I wanted. This mascara doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara, which I think it a supreme compliment. It added depth and drama to what I already had, but didn't make me look fake. I got the Black Shimmer variety, and I quite like the subtle way it catches the light. I do wish it was a little blacker, but maybe it isn't possible with the shimmer effect. It doesn't clump and separates beautifully without my having to use a lash comb. I've never noticed any flaking, and it comes off easily without any eyelash casualties. Absolutely the perfect mascara for the "No, I'm not wearing any makeup" look, and quite acceptable for evening with the application of a few additional coats. Any smudges are easily removed with a Q-tip, and even though it isn't waterproof, it does seem to be tear proof. As for the promise of enhancing your existing eyelashes, I think it most definitely delivered. My husband even noticed, and I think that speaks for itself. For a drugstore brand and a bargain price, this is a terrific mascara. I will definitely buy this again, but I might try a darker black instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amcg90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

What appealed to me about this mascara wasn't particularly the name of "Grow Luscious" - i have naturally long eyelashes to begin with, it was the applicator! In one of the larger boots stores near where i stay they have the range of mascara's, then an applicator example in front of each mascara type. I prefer mascara's to have a large chunky applicator, i just find it easier to coat my lashes.

I would recommend this as the mascara is fairly good, lashes got coated easily enough and didnt go too clumpy (i keep an old Max Factor False Lash Effect brush to use to comb my lashes after first coat) Getting used to the applicator is a different story, i love my large applicator mascara but i do get it over my face a lot lol! i dont mind as my lashes do look good.

xo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is nothing special, but it is a good mascara. I can't say that it has made my lashes grow, but they are pretty long so i didnt get it for that reason... there was a bonus lipgloss in the package, hehehe. Even in its average performance, it is a good mascara. I love the brush, it is HUGE, but still easy to use. It doesn't clump and gives enough volume to make a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

I bought this purely for the fact it's said to "grow lashes." In midst of the latisse craze, I'm not willing to drop 180 dollars on something that might change the color of my pretty green eyes so I figured I'd give this a try. First of all, it goes on smoothly and separates my lashes. I have pretty sensitive eyes, but this doesn't bother them. I also live in Arizona, and surprisingly this mascara doesn't flake or smudge from the heat. I've been using it for about a month and haven't really noticed a whole lot of growth but I'll keep trying to see if anything changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by freejulie

I found this mascara really average, I have not experienced any growth what so ever and found this product to be a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I have to first off say that I didn't absolutely hate this product. It did do really nice things for my lashes such as making them super long and separated. But, every time I wore this mascara my eyes would kind of sting and burn I guess in better words this mascara totally dried out my eyes for some reason. I always thought it was because I wasn't used to wearing makeup constantly anymore like I used to; but even after wearing it for weeks, the burning and stinging feeling still kept happening. It had to have been something that was in the product but I'm not sure exactly as to what. I wouldn't try this again because of that fact, plus I would much rather use Maybelline or Cover Girl mascaras anyways...I find their products work better then Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for a few months now. I am a self-admitted mascara fiend. I have quite a few mascara tubes open at any time, and I "cheat" on my HGs quite often, just to find on that's just a bit better.

While I can't say that I've honestly noticed real growth just by using this mascara, I do like it quite a bit. I don't experience any clumping at all, and it offers length to my lashes. It's a great everyday mascara in my opinion, and that's exactly what I've been using it for. It also removes easily and doesn't irritate my sensitive, contact-wearing eyes.

Lastly, I think this mascara lends itself to laying quite well with other mascaras. When I go out, I layer Maybelline Falsies on top of this one, and it looks great.

LASH TYPE: Black, easily curled with the use of just mascara, and they are fairly long to begin with

PACKAGING:
What I like about this mascara most of all is the packaging. I'm completely fed up with this obsession of huge rubber brushes (i.e., LashBlast), and I hate combs. This mascara has a large brush, but it's just that -- a regular mascara brush.

FINISH & COVERAGE:
Leaves my lashes long, super black, and glossy -- all without clumping or flaking.

WEAR (Tested on 13 hour days -- put makeup on at 7 am and took it off around 8 pm):
No problems with flaking, running, or smudging -- and that's in the desert weather!!

PRICE/SIZE:
$7ish for 0.38 oz / 11.2 ml - lasts me for a few months of daily use before starting to dry up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ritamantoura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it definitely made my lashes grow, and fast as well! the second i stopped using it, i was looking soooooo many lashes. this extreme lash loss persisted for a good month. having long lashes for 3 weeks was not worth all the lashes I lost. i would 500% not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by hacissej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara flakes! I've never really had a mascara flake on me before, but I looked in the mirror after a long day and i had black specs all over my face. The only reason I'm going to keep using it for a little while is to see if my eye lashes grow. If they grow I would potentially use it again, but it would not be my "go-to" mascara, I would only use it to grow my lashes. I am pleased that it holds the curl though.