October 23, 2014 | 1022 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first i really didnt like this, i thought it made my hair look greasier instead of helping out. i still dont think it's amazing but it makes my hair last another day without washing. i usually can only pull it off if i'm wearing a pony tail, to me it looks too dirty to wear down. the scent is amazing though. i find the best way to use it is to shake it a lot and only do a few spritz in between shakes. the more you shake the less wet it comes out. it does have a powdery finish especially against my dark hair but i just run my fingers lightly through it to disperse it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by pinchepirancha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with TRESemme. Their shampoos and conditioners always leave my hair greasy. But when I saw the commercial for the Dry Shampoo I put all my feelings aside. Because this was the first I've heard of a dry shampoo. I don't like to wash my hair everyday so I thought this would be a great idea...and boy was I wrong. I kept giving more and more tries thinking it was me or maybe my shampoo and conditioner or my hair spray. I changed my whole hair routine and it didn't help. The product left my hair feeling....dirty. And it left what looked like dust residue in my hair. I would comb my hair out and find the residue in my comb...it's just awful. Never again. I know it seems more appealing because its cheaper than the other products because that's what sold me. The price wasn't too bad and i thought if it didn't work it was just $5-7..but it's honestly a waste of your money. You're better off using baby powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by siskamariesophie

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever tried! It left my hair sticky and extremely heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by awiegand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was strange?
Maybe I put in too much but it made my brown hair go white and I couldn't seem to brush it all out?
Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by xoxo_pink24

I have slightly oily hair, but not excessively so. I like dry shampoo because I'm lazy and hate washing my hair every day. I decided to try this while looking for my old stand-by, Pssst Dry Shampoo at CVS. This was new and slightly cheaper, and I'd had decent luck with Tresemme products in the past, so I thought I'd give it a try.

It is AWFUL. It made my hair feel so much dirtier than before I applied it. I've used this several times, all with the same results. I could barely run my hand through my hair after using this (I really wish that was an exaggeration).
I will definitely be sticking with Pssst Dry Shampoo from now on. It's infinitely better than this crap, and worth the extra buck or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by BluecatResurrected

I'm really pleased with this product! I was hoping to find a way to stretch straightening my hair for a 2nd day. I watched a youtube tutorial and then gave it a shot...did my hair in sections, shook the can, sprayed 8-10" away from my head on the roots only, left on for a few minutes, brushed out. NICE! The white/gray color came out quickly and easily. No it's not the same as freshly-washed hair but it was restored to first day volume and clean-looking roots! The scent is hair product-y but not offensive and most of it dissipates quickly. It doesn't feel sticky, hair is perfectly touchable and swingy. Two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chachamommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It doesn't do much of anything except make your hair feel like there is a film of crap on it. It ALMOST made things worse than what it was before. I bought it at Walmart between $4-$5 so that wasn't bad but I'm still returning it tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't written a review in ages. But this product is so AWFUL, I had to come and warn y'all away!

First of all, the smell is overwhelming. It's not unpleasant, but it will overwhelm any fragrance you might be wearing.

Second, it does absolutely nothing to absorb oil or make my hair look fresh.

And worst of all, it makes my hair look and feel 10x worse than if I'd not used this product at all.

It does nothing to volumize, it just makes my hair limp, greasy and clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bondgirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ick...this was AWFUL. Luckily, I didn't purchase this (although it is rather inexpensive); my sister bought, and I tried it. I followed directions precisely; spraying from at least 8-10 inches away, allowing it to sit for a few minutes, brushing it out, etc., and it was still white and disgusting feeling. The smell didn't bother me too much, but my hair looked and felt significantly worse after I used this, so much so that I had to jump in the shower to wash it all out. I have tried other dry shampoos, and simple baby powder before with much greater success. I suggest paying a bit more and trying Bumble and Bumble hair powder, where you can at least color-match what you're using.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by incandescance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does leave a gray cast to your hair. You have to brush it until that color goes away. And after that it leaves hair looking kind of dull. It has a cheap hairspray smell that I don't like. My hair is light brown and I would definitley not use it if my hair was any darker because of the grayish color. Also, the only way I'll use this is if I am putting my hair up in a ponytail anyway. It's an ok product that does not do what the commercial advertises. My hair ends up looking slightly better than if I hadn't used it.