April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by incandescance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does leave a gray cast to your hair. You have to brush it until that color goes away. And after that it leaves hair looking kind of dull. It has a cheap hairspray smell that I don't like. My hair is light brown and I would definitley not use it if my hair was any darker because of the grayish color. Also, the only way I'll use this is if I am putting my hair up in a ponytail anyway. It's an ok product that does not do what the commercial advertises. My hair ends up looking slightly better than if I hadn't used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alyak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not sure why a lot of people don't like this product, but I really really like this product. It is easy to use this product the wrong way. What you have to do is spray it 8-12 inches from your hair. Make sure it turns grey in your hair. At first I didn't put enough in and it didn't work. Keep it in for a few minutes and comb it out. My hair doesn't look oily at all. It is truely amazing. When I do use this product my hair does look great and looks soft and healthy, but it really does feel like like I can't put my hands throught it or do anything with it. That could be a problem for people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most awful product I have ever used for my hair. I have very dark brown hair that almost looks black and this crap did was sit on it and look gray. It did nothing whatsoever to remove any oily hair. I used Sexy Hair's dry shampoo and it's expensive and and at first didn't work so I would put a little on in the morning before my hair got oily and it worked much better. I tried it with this stuff and it was just awful. If you're going to put that much effort into this junk you might as well take a shower instead and just wash your hair. Cheap price for a much cheaper product.
Update: I've been reading more reviews and found one claiming if it didn't work it's bc you're doing it improperly. Well, I will say that I have been using dry shampoo almost half a year now and tried tons of different brand but kept going back to Sexy Hair's dry shampoo. I even tried this one again and all it did was sit there wetly and made it look like I had dandruff. I stand even more strongly by my original review. If it works for you and you are reading, then judging by these reviews you are one of the 31% who it worked for. If I could I'd give these garbage a NO LIPPIES but tha'ts not an option...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Utter, total FAIL. I got four good sprays out of it, and it just went DEAD. But that was enough for me to find that it doesn't work. I have black hair, and it took forever to brush the white out of my hair. I try to brush my hair as little as possible because it's so long and thick and the more I brush it, the more I shed. I didn't think I would have to work so hard, using this product. Hell, I can take a shower in the same amount of time. I'm going to find my receipt and return this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by TaraMisu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time today and am very disappointed. I have red, fine, naturally curly hair. It left my hair so gunky feeling that I cannot fun my hands through it. And the smell is disgusting. What a waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried the Salon Grafix dry shampoo a while back and I decided I was going to get more, but then I saw this instead. It was about the same price so I decided to go with it. I brought it home and when I used it, it was awful! It puts a nasty powder residue in your hair which you are supposed to brush out, but then it's still oily on your head. I have darker hair and the powder is not easy to hide. When I use this, my hair feels grosser than before I started. I am just going to get the Salon Grafix one again, at least that one never left any residue.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleismyname

I was at wal-mart the other day and I found this on sale for $3.76 so I decided to try it. This product was awful. I sprayed it in my hair and it turned it whitish-grey. I tried rubbing it in, but no luck, still greyish looking. I have dark hair so its noticable. It did suck up a bit of oil but all i could notice was the grey color spots...and i noticed later in the day that the area where i used this product was slightly stiff. It didnt really bother me though. The scent smells like finesse hairspray...not very citrusy if you ask me but the scent does linger on your hair for most of the day. If you have lighter hair, i think this product COULD be good for you. For the dark hairs, stay away from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by JessicaLaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE, this product did none of what it claims to do, All it did was leave a white powder in my hair that made it look gray even after brushing and brushing the product through, USELESS.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Mavih421

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this. Am I using the same stuff as everyone else? I have jet black har and yes, its initially leaves a white residue in your hair but it immedietly disappears after you brush it out. it absorbs any greasiness and leaves hair fuller n fluffier. The smell is amazing! My boyfriend wouldn't stop secretly trying to sniff my hair! Its cheap and saves you from from shampooing an extra day, maybe 2 max. I would buy again, even if just for the scent.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only way to make this product work as a dry shampoo is to spray it on your roots LIGHTLY before bedtime. In the morning you can brush it out and have fluffier looking hair. Not clean looking though.

..I really disagree with claims to be able to let this dry for 2 minutes and then can brush out to shiny?, clean? hair?.....no way, this spray and shiny and clean? must be using a different formulation than I have cause it's more like dusty and sticky, think hairspray with cornstarch in it, too much and it's a sticky, gunky knot-fest.

I can't and don't use this for it's intended purpose, spray shampoo. However, if you are doing an updo (beehive, chignon or bouffant) this, sprayed and dried on the underside of your hair will giving amazing holding power and volume to your style(think less teasing to get height). Not really something I'm doing everyday so this is in the back of my cabinet prolly til next Halloween or rock show.....lol

Only pro is it's cheap and easily available.