August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by BluecatResurrected

I'm really pleased with this product! I was hoping to find a way to stretch straightening my hair for a 2nd day. I watched a youtube tutorial and then gave it a shot...did my hair in sections, shook the can, sprayed 8-10" away from my head on the roots only, left on for a few minutes, brushed out. NICE! The white/gray color came out quickly and easily. No it's not the same as freshly-washed hair but it was restored to first day volume and clean-looking roots! The scent is hair product-y but not offensive and most of it dissipates quickly. It doesn't feel sticky, hair is perfectly touchable and swingy. Two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chachamommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It doesn't do much of anything except make your hair feel like there is a film of crap on it. It ALMOST made things worse than what it was before. I bought it at Walmart between $4-$5 so that wasn't bad but I'm still returning it tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't written a review in ages. But this product is so AWFUL, I had to come and warn y'all away!

First of all, the smell is overwhelming. It's not unpleasant, but it will overwhelm any fragrance you might be wearing.

Second, it does absolutely nothing to absorb oil or make my hair look fresh.

And worst of all, it makes my hair look and feel 10x worse than if I'd not used this product at all.

It does nothing to volumize, it just makes my hair limp, greasy and clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bondgirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ick...this was AWFUL. Luckily, I didn't purchase this (although it is rather inexpensive); my sister bought, and I tried it. I followed directions precisely; spraying from at least 8-10 inches away, allowing it to sit for a few minutes, brushing it out, etc., and it was still white and disgusting feeling. The smell didn't bother me too much, but my hair looked and felt significantly worse after I used this, so much so that I had to jump in the shower to wash it all out. I have tried other dry shampoos, and simple baby powder before with much greater success. I suggest paying a bit more and trying Bumble and Bumble hair powder, where you can at least color-match what you're using.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by incandescance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does leave a gray cast to your hair. You have to brush it until that color goes away. And after that it leaves hair looking kind of dull. It has a cheap hairspray smell that I don't like. My hair is light brown and I would definitley not use it if my hair was any darker because of the grayish color. Also, the only way I'll use this is if I am putting my hair up in a ponytail anyway. It's an ok product that does not do what the commercial advertises. My hair ends up looking slightly better than if I hadn't used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alyak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not sure why a lot of people don't like this product, but I really really like this product. It is easy to use this product the wrong way. What you have to do is spray it 8-12 inches from your hair. Make sure it turns grey in your hair. At first I didn't put enough in and it didn't work. Keep it in for a few minutes and comb it out. My hair doesn't look oily at all. It is truely amazing. When I do use this product my hair does look great and looks soft and healthy, but it really does feel like like I can't put my hands throught it or do anything with it. That could be a problem for people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most awful product I have ever used for my hair. I have very dark brown hair that almost looks black and this crap did was sit on it and look gray. It did nothing whatsoever to remove any oily hair. I used Sexy Hair's dry shampoo and it's expensive and and at first didn't work so I would put a little on in the morning before my hair got oily and it worked much better. I tried it with this stuff and it was just awful. If you're going to put that much effort into this junk you might as well take a shower instead and just wash your hair. Cheap price for a much cheaper product.
Update: I've been reading more reviews and found one claiming if it didn't work it's bc you're doing it improperly. Well, I will say that I have been using dry shampoo almost half a year now and tried tons of different brand but kept going back to Sexy Hair's dry shampoo. I even tried this one again and all it did was sit there wetly and made it look like I had dandruff. I stand even more strongly by my original review. If it works for you and you are reading, then judging by these reviews you are one of the 31% who it worked for. If I could I'd give these garbage a NO LIPPIES but tha'ts not an option...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Utter, total FAIL. I got four good sprays out of it, and it just went DEAD. But that was enough for me to find that it doesn't work. I have black hair, and it took forever to brush the white out of my hair. I try to brush my hair as little as possible because it's so long and thick and the more I brush it, the more I shed. I didn't think I would have to work so hard, using this product. Hell, I can take a shower in the same amount of time. I'm going to find my receipt and return this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by TaraMisu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time today and am very disappointed. I have red, fine, naturally curly hair. It left my hair so gunky feeling that I cannot fun my hands through it. And the smell is disgusting. What a waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried the Salon Grafix dry shampoo a while back and I decided I was going to get more, but then I saw this instead. It was about the same price so I decided to go with it. I brought it home and when I used it, it was awful! It puts a nasty powder residue in your hair which you are supposed to brush out, but then it's still oily on your head. I have darker hair and the powder is not easy to hide. When I use this, my hair feels grosser than before I started. I am just going to get the Salon Grafix one again, at least that one never left any residue.