TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 1/11/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used dry shampoos before but i have never been able to find a cheap one until the Tresemme so I was excited when I heard about it. Well... I basically hate it. Other dry shampoos that I have used before were very powdery and even though I have dark hair they worked fine and I could feel and see virtually no white residue.
This one has a really wet formula and it feels like I have sprayed like clay in my hair. I cannot stand the feeling, I would rather the feel of greasy hair than the feel of the Tresemme dry shampoo.The smell is not the nicest either, and I cant say that I really notice that it takes away the greasy look, it just makes my hair feel gross.
Overall I hate this stuff, the Batiste dry shampoo is 100 times better and I am definitely going back to it, I will probably never use this stuff again.

on 1/9/2011 3:52:00 PM

I don't understand all the hate for this product - it makes my light blonde hair look amazing if I don't have time to wash up in the morning! The smell isn't overpowering, and I just spray it at my roots, let it sit while I do my make-up, and then brush out! Wonderful!

on 1/9/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

YUCK!!! This left my hair sticky and smelly....definitely would rather spend the extra money on Batiste dry shampoo!

on 1/8/2011 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Terrible dry shampoo. Makes hair look greasier than it was to begin with. Gives hair a white cast and the smell is not pleasant at all. Much prefer the Batiste dry shampoo.

on 1/7/2011 10:16:00 AM

HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!
I love dry shampoo, but I hate the price of most of them, so I was thrilled that TRESemme was creating a version at an affordable price.
I went to a few Wal-Marts that were sold out of the product and when I finally found it, they were on sale so I purchased 2. Big Mistake!

Working in the beauty industry, I am fully aware of how to use and not to use a dry shampoo.....this is the WORSE dry shampoo I have ever used!!!
It is cakey, thick, oily, and heavy!!! not to mention it smells kind of awful
TRESemme missed a beat somewhere and should have done more research before attempting to have a dry shampoo on the market
Major disappointment!!!

I saw this on a "worst products of 2010" list on AOL and was really surprised at their opinion. I am strictly talking about the TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo spray, not the foam.

I use this 2-3 times per week on my daughter's hair. She has straight hair which tends to get oily at the scalp and stay normal at the ends. We don't want to wash her hair every single day, so we use this in between washings, and I have to say it works great. It gives her hair new bounce and body and has a nice fresh smell.

I cannot rate the TRESemme foam because I've never used it, but I have used other brands of foam no-rinse shampoo and have found that they work better with hair that is more dry, or someone who's scalp doesn't get oily the next day after washing. I will definitely keep buying the TRESemme dry spray as long as they keep it on the shelves.

I waited so long for this product to become available in Australia after seeing an American Youtubers rave review of it in addition to it being larger and cheaper than the Batiste I had been using. I could not have been more dissapointed in this product. It absolutely did not do what a good dry shampoo should. It felt too wet and not powdery enough to soak up excess oils on the scalp. It had a horrible fragrance and make my hair feel worse. Definately sticking to the Batiste which are miles ahead of Tresemme when it comes to Dry Shampoo. Batiste gives you instant volume and soaks up all the excess oils as if you had just washed your hair.

on 1/2/2011 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Made my hair feel even oilier than it did before and did nothing. Hair was just as hard to manage and defiantly not a "fresh start"

on 12/31/2010 2:00:00 AM

Terrible product. I've tried using this product in every single way but it just makes my hair even more oily. To the reviewer below, I followed the directions exactly and it still made it worse. I don't expect my hair to magically become clean, but I need to it to at least take away the shine and oiliness of my hair. Tresemme Dry Shampoo doesn't do anything.

on 12/27/2010 1:09:00 PM

Okay ladies, here's the deal-- nothing will ever really be as good as washing greasy hair. I know we all want to cut down on shampooing because it's not good for your hair, but if it's really greasy and you're expecting this bottle to work miracles, then you'll be disappointed.

I've had my hand trying out several brands of dry shampoo, and really, like this, they were all just okay. I honestly just bought this for the deodorizing effect, which it does quite nicely. The thing is, like other dry shampoos, there is a powdery product (in this one, it's clay) that sops up the oil. The trick is to follow the directions. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

Also, moderation in using the spray, please. When your face is oily, you don't pile on the powder. You lighty blot so you won't look cakey. Same goes here! I find it helps to do sections and spray small bursts, shaking vigorously in between sprays. That way, you really get into the oily sections that you won't get to if you just spray the top of your head. Yes, it will leave a light cast at first, but as long as you don't overdo (spraying too closely/too long/too much), you will be okay when you brush it out.

I find people commenting that their hair feels greasier and heavier afterwards. Look, it's not like the product makes the oil evaporate. In fact with the oil and clay in there, expect it to be kind of heavy (which the product claims as a "volumizing" effect), but if you avoid touching your hair too much (fingers carry a lot of grease), it can appear not oily.

So yes, it's not that quick solution that everyone wants. But I find that being careful with application (which takes less than 3 minutes) is much better than having to shower and blow dry in the morning. Think of it more as makeup for your hair, rather than a cleansing product. This is ideal for after workouts, after the beach, and freshening up for end of the day functions.

Video Reviews & Tutorials