November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by CH33ZYALL4U

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It covers very well, i use it every day. The price isnt bad either. It's usually 25 bucks but sometimes ulta has the deal of buying one and getting one free...that's a steal!! Usually when im lazy and dont feel like putting on foundation, i just put on concealer and powder my face away with this mineral powder. It covers great and makes my face look refreshing. I love this..this is the only mineral product i loved!! Definitely a buy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation! I have worn it now for a week.

The price isn't too bad I got mine for around $25 at Ulta, and they had a BOGO so I got one for my handbag too! The packaging isn't all that great, it looks a little cheap - the sponge isn't all too great but I applied the makeup with Sonia Kashuk flat brush (see review). The finish is medium and feels light on my skin.

The shade selection wasn't too great. I felt like I was in between light and medium - I got "Light".

I can see why this won an Allure award it is lovely!

UPDATE: So it has been a little while and I can safely say this makeup has made so much of a difference! I normally don't like to use dual finish makeup or mineral makeup but I don't have the time for liquids. This makeup goes on so effortlessly I barely need to look to blend it! I get a medium coverage and the time saved allows me to put on my eyemakeup which is a luxury for stay at home moms with small children! I am definately hooked! And while it isn't as great at covering as Bare Minerals is it is way more comfortable to wear and doesn't cake up through the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenabobena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. It's very light, almost like I'm not even wearing any makeup. After putting it on, I noticed my pimples were a lot less red and noticeable. Before trying this, I was using bare minerals, which was okay, but still pretty expensive and drying. Because pur minerals has shea butter in it, my skin wasn't drying at all. So far, I have convinced both my mother and sister to switch from bare minerals to pur minerals, and they are very glad they made the switch. I would definitely reccommend this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I deleted my original review. While I loved how awesome this looked on my skin and how easy it was to apply, this broke me out like CRAZY!!!!! Gave me whitehead bumps ALL over my face and I cannot get rid of these bumps. I really thought it was my gluten sensitivity, or other makeup breaking me out. Yet after months and refusing that is could be the foundation, I tried something else and guess what, when I washed off my makeup at the end of the night, I didn't have any new bumps (not like you can really tell by this point since I am covered in them). This "gem" of a product has now left me with horrible bumps that I cannot get rid of and I have tried everything to try and rid them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First the good: this product provides awesome coverage and looks very natural. The finish is neither too matte nor too dewey. I also love that it is a pressed mineral powder. The bad: for me, this powder doesn't work for a couple reasons. First, I could not find a good color match. I'm MAC NC25 and all the colors are too pink toned (I looked sunburned) for me. Also, "light" was a bit too light and made me look sick, while the next shade up "golden medium" was way too dark, and still too pink, even though you'd think golden would mean it was warm toned! Next, and worst of all, it made me break out! I always make sure to remove my makeup and use cleanser at night, and I've never broken out from any powder foundation before - I've used everything from minerals to MAC. So, if you can find a good color match and don't break out, this is a fantastic product. If you're at all warm toned or break out easily, steer clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by geniabeme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation! Its so easy to put on and with a good primer it stays on the whole day. I have really oily skin so it does leave me with a glow but that seems to happen for me for every foundation I have ever tried so it doesn't bother me. the coverage is great, usually when I wear mineral makeup I still cover up scars with a concealer, but I really don't have to with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by McClain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this stuff! i got it bogof at ulta a few weeks ago, and it makes my skin look flawless. i will admit i've been blessed with completely normal skin, never had any acne or anything. if anything, my skin gets a little dry and uneven in tone sometimes due to sun damage. very long wearing, love the packaging, matches my nc25 ish skin tone perfectly. i'm in love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by XAmandaXSotherland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

awesome stuff but a tad expensive for my liking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by nhatruc

this is the worst mineral powder foundation i have ever try. It is very cakey and have to be reapply every hour. I truly hate this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by sshep0904

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder is great.
It gives me light coverage and looks very natural.