Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love it. Looks so natural, easy to use. It doesn't go into lines and wrinkles and it looks great as a concealer under the eyes. I like the coverage, application, convenience, spf... marvellous... especially the price.

I tried the Light shade, which is yellow enough for my skin tone but too dark. So I moved onto the Porcelain which is not as yellow. Nor is it pink. It is more peachy. So it is pale enough (which is wonderful) and a bit too peach and not quite yellow enough. But it is still a fairly good match. Certainly good enough that I have reached for it every day for the last week in preference to my Estee Lauder Bone foundation and Linen powder - which ARE a perfect match.

BUT... I have discovered two problems with this stuff - one is that it contains bismuth oxychloride (which gives me a mild tickling-itchy sensation as if I had a cat hair on my face, so I keep casually brushing the non-existent hair away), and the second is that if I wear this foundation for more than a week I get a break out. It is usually just a single white headed spot on my upper lip or nose area, but it is painful, inconvenient, and takes several days to clear.

I can cope with the cat hair sensation, it is sporadic, and so long as it doesn't get worse, it is a small price to pay for skin that looks this good. But the breakouts... well they mean that I will be only using this foundation a maximum of 3-4 days a week, which is a pain.

Update - I am still using this stuff 6 months later. Now I add a primer under the foundation. This helps with the itching, and reduces the break outs - I still only wear it 3-4 days a week, but it is more comfortable. I also add YBF's Yellow Powder over the top, that ensures it is a perfect match to my skin tone.

I like this product better than BE because it's so much easier to just dip your brush into the packed product rather than tapping the right amount into a lid (I'm very uncoordinated in the mornings).

The coverage is very good with a flat top kabuki (I use the one that came with the starter kit). I have pigmented acne scars and horrendously dark circles. The acne scars are mostly covered up, though it might take two takes. It's enough that I generally won't use a concealer even on my very dark red/brown scars, unless I really am concerned about creating a flawless impression. However if you really don't want any hint of your scars, you need a concealer under this product. I DO need an undereye concealer -- this product is not enough (but no foundation ever is).

I'm satisfied with this product and have repurchased on numerous occasions. For about a year I was so pleased that I thought I had found my HG, but I think I will start to look at other mineral m/u's also because I recently feel that this is giving me a powdery look and I'm not sure I like the slightly pink undertones in the color, especially in the summer.

I work at Ulta so I have the advantage of trying all the products. I LOVE this foundation and always try to get the BE lovers to at least try it. Many end up switching.
Here is the low down on the PUR. It does have moisturizing agents so people with dry or normal skin it is perfect. If you are oily I would say use this in the winter but either stay away for the summer or buy blotting tissues. This stuff gives the best coverage (in my opinion) and looks flawless, but if you have oily skin it will get shiny in the summer months.

Pur Minerals is a good product, i've tried a lot of different mineral make ups and this one has worked the best so far. When i first tired it i was upset because it looked chalky and you could tell you had it on but after 10ish minutes i looked again and my skin looked amazing like i was wearing nothing!

So I saw this on the shopping channel and I decided to try it. I usually use Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup but it tends to be a little pricey so I wanted to find something that was cheaper. So I order this and when I open the package I realize how little product is actually in the container. 70% of the container is the sponge and mirror. That was the 1st problem. Also the packaging is poorly made. Then when I go to dip my brush in..the powder starts flying everywhere just like a loose powder. Then I followed the proper directions to tapping the excess and then applying it on my face. I instantly notice how chalky/powdery it looks on my skin. It's not blending in..and you can obviously tell that I'm wearing powder. I did what I could to make it look descent and I wore it the rest of the day. My face started to get itchy...and I realized it was this makeup. I will NEVER buy this crap again. I now realize why Jane Iredale is priced so high...it is such great quality and I will stick with it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mineral foundation. I like that it is mess free since it is a pressed mineral powder. It gives great lasting coverage, doesn't make my already oily face oilier and its easy to travel with or just keep in your purse.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product. It covers very well, i use it every day. The price isnt bad either. It's usually 25 bucks but sometimes ulta has the deal of buying one and getting one free...that's a steal!! Usually when im lazy and dont feel like putting on foundation, i just put on concealer and powder my face away with this mineral powder. It covers great and makes my face look refreshing. I love this..this is the only mineral product i loved!! Definitely a buy!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation! I have worn it now for a week.

The price isn't too bad I got mine for around $25 at Ulta, and they had a BOGO so I got one for my handbag too! The packaging isn't all that great, it looks a little cheap - the sponge isn't all too great but I applied the makeup with Sonia Kashuk flat brush (see review). The finish is medium and feels light on my skin.

The shade selection wasn't too great. I felt like I was in between light and medium - I got "Light".

I can see why this won an Allure award it is lovely!

UPDATE: So it has been a little while and I can safely say this makeup has made so much of a difference! I normally don't like to use dual finish makeup or mineral makeup but I don't have the time for liquids. This makeup goes on so effortlessly I barely need to look to blend it! I get a medium coverage and the time saved allows me to put on my eyemakeup which is a luxury for stay at home moms with small children! I am definately hooked! And while it isn't as great at covering as Bare Minerals is it is way more comfortable to wear and doesn't cake up through the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this foundation. It's very light, almost like I'm not even wearing any makeup. After putting it on, I noticed my pimples were a lot less red and noticeable. Before trying this, I was using bare minerals, which was okay, but still pretty expensive and drying. Because pur minerals has shea butter in it, my skin wasn't drying at all. So far, I have convinced both my mother and sister to switch from bare minerals to pur minerals, and they are very glad they made the switch. I would definitely reccommend this!

I deleted my original review. While I loved how awesome this looked on my skin and how easy it was to apply, this broke me out like CRAZY!!!!! Gave me whitehead bumps ALL over my face and I cannot get rid of these bumps. I really thought it was my gluten sensitivity, or other makeup breaking me out. Yet after months and refusing that is could be the foundation, I tried something else and guess what, when I washed off my makeup at the end of the night, I didn't have any new bumps (not like you can really tell by this point since I am covered in them). This "gem" of a product has now left me with horrible bumps that I cannot get rid of and I have tried everything to try and rid them.