Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Is it just me? I'm NC 37 to 40 in Mac so I bought this in Fawn recently while in London. It's not sold in Singapore. The initial application is nice and the texture is unique. It's not heavy and cakey like ELDW and goes on smoothly. Gave my skin a nice satiny finish. Unfortunately it turned orange couple of hours later. Why why why?
There was some fading towards the end of the day and a bit of oiliness though I think that depends on the kind of moisturiser I use underneath.
Will continue to experiment with other moisturisers or primers, though I don't hold out much hope it will be better.
I also bought Gosh's long-lasting foundation before this and that really lasted throughout the day without changing colour.

on 12/11/2010 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the way this product makes my face look. I dont own alot of foundation because i dont use alot of it. But this stuff does last a long time (Idk about 24 hrs). The only thing i dont care for is that i feel like i have to work fast with this product because it dries fast? But using a stippling brush, makes the application smoother and more even.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this foundation. I am someone who rarely wears foundation so I don't have much to compare it to. But this is about 10 bucks and worth every penny, my skin is super sensitive and this doesn't irritate it at all. I really like Maybelline foundations. The only thing is that if I don't apply it will a stippling brush it looks heavy so I recommend a stippler.. :)

on 12/10/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my current fave. I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear but it was getting a little pricey for me. Porcelain Ivory is a perfect match for my skin. This stuff is great and I reccommend everyone with oily skin try this. It has good coverage and a really nice finish. I apply it with my mac 187 stippler and I couldn't be happier.

on 12/8/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Like many others out there, I'm constantly on the search for a better foundation. So I was just browsing through some of the aisles in the beauty section at Target and noticed how much cheaper the makeup was compared to my local drugstores (even with the BOGO, it's ridiculous). So I heard some mixed reviews on this foundation and wanted to try it out for myself. I can't help but compare it to the Revlon Colorstay foundation that I've been using for the past 2 years; they're pretty similar, except for a few little differences that make me like this foundation more. I find that the shades suit my olive/tan skin tone much better than the slightly beige undertones of Colorstay. One little downside is that it fades a bit; I apply this on at 6 in the morning and am out and about until around 7 when I take my makeup off. I noticed a bit of fading as my acne scarring (which I don't cover up all the time) was peeping through a bit more than it was when I applied the foundation in the morning. But I'm all over the place for 13 hours, lol, and that's a considerable amount of time to have a foundation on. But despite that problem, I really do prefer this foundation over Revlon Colorstay. It doesn't have that strong paint smell, looks a bit more natural, I find that it is buildable, and lasts just as long as Colorstay.
(If anyone was wondering, I purchased this at Target for $8.94. Colorstay was $10.29 and I took off a lippie because of it's tendency to fade a bit more than colorstay)
If you have the chance, I recommend that you try it out for yourself. It's worth the 8 bucks!

on 12/6/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Actually like this better than mufe mat velvet that I bought a few months ago. The mufe makeup was too thick and sets entirely too fast for me. I read about this one on a few blogs & on youtube and figured for $5 it was worth a try. Although not my HG this will be my go to foundation for now. I get awesome buildable coverage with a stippling brush & it doesn't transfer all that much. I maybe have to blot about twice a day with this and the color match on me is almost 100%, NW47

on 12/5/2010 8:42:00 PM

I think this is the best drug store foundation you can buy. It lasts longer than Revlon ColorStay. And it goes on smooth, has great coverage, and doesnt get cakey. I use the lightest shade, and it tends to turn a orangish color if I don't blend good enough. It does get a little shiny through out the day. I've bought this product twice now, and i will definately continue to buy it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation if you can find your shade..
It has excellent coverage, its medium to full coverage but i found that it was way too orange/pinkish to me.. i have true yellow undertones i would be NC37- NC40 in studio fix fluid and in sheer matte i am a syracuse (a bit too dark but not as noticable as this foundation)
its funny because in some light this has somewhat yellow undertones, but i went to my bathroom and whoa tooooo pinky orange for me!!!
its such a shame i would have really love to find a drugstore foundation that would actually match my yellow/golden undertones!!! i have tried them all and it seems my skin likes expensive taste as mac studio fix fluid broke me out and the only one i can wear is the nars.. lol .. oh well!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Not a fan, too oily, transfers, orange looking after a while..
I have oily skin and this just did not work for me as I had hoped it would..

on 11/24/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I got this on a sale, Firstly I think anyone who uses Revlon colorstay for N/D should try this, it may work for you and save you money.I really loved how easy it was to blend super silky feeling. Sadly This does not suit my skin type (sensitive- combination/oily?) All the shades are very orange/pink toned closest match for me was classic beige, It Became very oily and shiny within 3.5 hrs wear, it transfers as well, despite saying transfer resistant there is no way it would be heat resistant to my Australian summer days! Going to stick with revlon colorstay C/O !