July 30, 2014 | 2098 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by sxy_blond

i wanted to love this shade, But its just too pinky brown on me, i look better in peachy pink. I have tried to wear it a million times and i always feel like it stands out too much. Feels great on the lips, and lasts pretty well. I love that it is very moisturising and smells great! I can see how this shade is a staple for so many

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Vicky88

This is the perfect natural, pink shade for an everyday look. I wear this pretty much everyday and it suits every look. The only things I can find wrong with this lipstick is that although it's a definite pink shade, it's not very rosey - I do tend to prefer a pinky pink where this is a slight brown pink but I still love it. Also, I find MAC's lustre lipsticks very thin so they tend to rub off quite easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by slc683

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite everyday staple color (I'm pretty tan now, I would venture to guess about an NC40-45, if such a color exists). It's a perfect nude with the right amount of pink to prevent washout. I give it a 4 because it is a little drying, so I wear Nars Chelsea Girls on top. Love the vanilla cake scent though. :)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe that I waited so long to try this lipstick! The lusutre finish is amazing, it feels smoother than some of the other lustre lipsticks. I'm a Mac Nc35/40 (now that it's summertime) and I think this lipstick suits my skintone so well. I think it would look nice on most skintones. It's nude, but not too grey or pink. It's shiny, feels amazing on your lips, and is perfect for a polished lip. I think I've found my new favorite lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried on this lipstick I didn't like it at all. I thought it was a blase and boring neutral best for fair skinned complexions.
Now I'm in love with it and it's one of my staples. I still need to wear a lipliner otherwise it's a bit too light for me but it's perfect for that everyday look.
I'm taking one lipstick off because it doesn't last as long as I'd like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by plummiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited about this lipstick for a few weeks and then I realized it doesn't suit me. I was looking for a peachy/pink and this is the closest I could find of the MAC lipsticks. On my light/med. pigmented lips, the color is a nude light brown with a hint of peach. This color totally washes me out and looks as if I'm not wearing any lip color. I've since moved back to Chanel lipsticks as I like the colors better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by katarina124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick it is the perfect nude color, not too pink or too brown, and it has a lovely sheen. This is my HG nude lipstick. However, I wish it was not so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jasanna143

Love this color! Very natural but I can jazz it up too...def MLBB..Yes, the color is similar to lots out there but I enjoy MAC's lustre formula and scent so much, I wind up always coming back to it! Hug Me is a pinky nude w/ the slightest peach in it that I can see it going w/ just about every mu face - from smokey eyes to natural. Another reviewer mentioned the color was flat but that can be easily remedied by adding a nice l/g on top - voila!

The price is very reasonable and although you have to reapply every once and awhile, that's the price you pay for having sheer color and moisture..Right now, I love topping it off w/ Glamoursun and my CD 161 l/g.

Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great neutral. Great texture. I go between this and Twig for a neutral day lip. Hug me is more comfortable to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by minuit999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a basic every day pretty lip color that I could apply on the go without a fuss-one that was also work appropriate. Hug me is perfect-it's a pinky nude that works well with Subculture lipliner. The Lustre texture gives it the subltest gloss. Taking off one lippy since it doesn't have great staying power.