April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by minuit999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a basic every day pretty lip color that I could apply on the go without a fuss-one that was also work appropriate. Hug me is perfect-it's a pinky nude that works well with Subculture lipliner. The Lustre texture gives it the subltest gloss. Taking off one lippy since it doesn't have great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 1:29:00 PM More reviews by psychoexgirlfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour is very similar to a colour I already own, Viva Glam V, which is why I was hesitant about buying it. However I'm very glad I did. It is quite similar to VGV, but without the sparkly gold. It's my lips but better and perfect for daytime when I just don't feel like having attention drawing to my lips. I don't give it a five because the colour isn't unique enough for it to standout in my makeup stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by katherine29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another positive review. I love this color for everyday, it finishes my look while still looking natural. The MAC website calls this a "flesh-toned pink" and I agree. It's a pink color that is very close to the color on the inside of my lip, with some peach. I'm a LLL with pigmented lips and it deepens my natural lip color. Looks great with Blushcreme in Lilicent.

It could be a little more moisturizing, but I am on Accutane, and my lips are drier than the Sahara. I just make sure my lips are smooth and have some balm on them before I apply the lipstick. The finish is satin with a slight gloss. Love this lipstick, one of my staples, and I think it would look great on everybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by defeyedsoul

This is a great neutral. I got this B2M. I won't buy it again since I probably will never run out=D

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by leslie_b

Definitely not my favorite neutral. Fabulous texture, but this just blends right into my pigmented lips with out a trace. Swapped it away and wouldn't go after it again! Although I do think it's a really nice color for people with paler lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by cete

This is my all time favourite MAC lipstick. It's a very understated natural shade that goes well with sexy eyes, when you need a low key mouth. It's glossy finish, and not drying at all. The lasting power isn't so great but I'll let it off. It replaced Clinique Sweet Honey lipstick as the one I reach for in my handbag all the time. Update: 2011, years later, Hug Me has been replaced more than any other product in my make up bag, and still my go-to day to day neutral. I love it. Only Clinique's Black Honey Different Lipstick has the same level of repeat usage. If MAC ever stop making it, I'll have to wear black and go into mourning. EDIT: 2012. I am still using this lipstick. I always have one in circulation. Out of about 30 or 40 lipsticks over a period of 6 years, I can say this is the only one where that is the case. I'm just about to repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another uneventful and rather boring lipcolor. Admittedly, itís a great natural looking, warm-toned, ylbb color that appears more pink in natural light and more coral in florescent light. A fail-sale and foolproof color that would go with nearly all makeup looks. The color itself is flat, no pearl finish or sparkles, just a lip balm looking subtle shine.

MACís lustre collection is great for gloss girls trying to make a transition to lipstick. The lip balm feel is pleasant but it wears away so quickly that re-application is needed often. Hug Me is sheer and a ylbb color enough that even lipstick beginners can apply w/out a mirror or stress about mis-applying. I find that the lustres are nice and moisturizing upon initial application, but as they wear away, my lips feel parched and in desperate need of moisture.

Nice, but not for me, Iíd rather just wear clear gloss for more oomph. Iím glad I RNIS rather than spending money on this. Iíll eventually finish the tube, but the only time I wear this is when Iím working out or am outside for a long time since I prefer it to wearing chap-stick.

0.1 oz
$14.00 usd
NW15-20, light green eyes, brunette, pigmented lips
would not repurchase continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 5:31:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep changing my mind (and thus my review) on this one.At first I tought it's easily dupable but after trying out some other alternatives I decided that Hug Me is the best among them.It suits my NW20 skintone really well without being too brown,too dark or making me look 10 years older.I love it even better with lipgloss on top.I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2006 7:01:00 AM More reviews by bbetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is such a non-event for me. Wears off way too quickly, and the color is not stunning in any way (Warm PPP). Sorry I can't be on this band wagon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pinkish beige everyday color for my NC35 skin. Definitely a HG for me! I'm on my 2nd tube of this, and I rarely ever finish a lipstick (I usually have 50 or so in rotation at any given time). It is very moisturizing so the color does wear off quickly. But it's definitely worth the constant reapplying!