January 26, 2015 | 1592 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by 84986em

I LOVE this foundation. It is the first high end foundation I have brought, as the drugstore options just didnt work for me, they either made my skin patchy and dry (no7), or were water and lasted about 30 mins ( maybelline mineral liquid)
this however lasts virtually all day, without any powder or primer.
it has spf 15, so is great in the summer
the coverage is great and i don't even need a concealer to cover my scars

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I was so tired of buying cheap, drug store foundations that never seemed to either match my skin tone and/or stay on all day. I went to Clinique because my mom has used it a lot and because I used Superbalanced about 2 years ago and really liked it.

It was a very good decision! I went to the makeup counter at my mall and just asked them to help me find a good foundation. The lady was very helpful and she matched my skin tone perfectly with the foundation. It goes on smoothly and is blendable, which is so nice. It has a kind of dewy finish that looks fresh. I usually use a translucent powder to set it, but sometimes I don't and it looks great either way. This makeup is supposedly said to even out the skin over time, which I haven't really had a chance to see yet. However, I noticed that it has brightened my skin. The only makeup products I use is this foundation, powder (usually), eyeliner, and mascara. I don't use concealer or anything because this foundation has pretty good coverage.

I also like that it stays on all day without patching up or looking orange. It looks very natural if you get the correct color for your tone as well. It doesn't seem to sweat off in the heat, either, which is a major plus for the summer. I feel as if it would be a good product during cold months as well.

It was like $24.50, which is expensive for me as I'm only 18, but it was worth it. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by thelovelytiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation in color clove. I love it its so natural looking but a bit to dewy for me so I pair it with perfecty real powder in shade 148N and It looks so natural and smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by keverard

Best foundation ever! I have been using clinique products for 3 years and since I started using the even better foundation I can't leave the house without it! It provides good coverage over some scarring I have, but it doesn't feel heavy or cakey and leaves a fresh, dewy finish that I love.Surprisingly enough I've found that it has lightened my pigmentation a bit, which is definitely a plus because I thought that was impossible! Though it's a bit pricey for a foundation when compared to other drugstore foundations, you definitely get what you pay for in my opinion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by momo93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I tried this in the store with a kinda dimmed lighting, with the superbalanced loose powder! It looked good but the next day I put them both on in natural daylight and HATED IT!!!!!!!
Its too heavy, muddy, and not as blendable as I thought! So I took it off, tried to use only the superbalanced powder on it's own, and it was perfect! So natural, light, and skin could breathe. evened out my skin a bit, but I dont need that much coverage anyway. My skin is olive but my face is lighter so I always need a good pigmented makeup to match my face up with my body's colour (i always protect my face from the sun thats why my body has a tanner colour) and yeah!
I do NOT recommend "even better".... it made even my natural skin look perfect when I removed it lol! Dont get it, you can get something better for around that price you just need to look around first, which I plan to do tomorrow... when I return this makeup! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by IreneP

I envy those of you who have found the perfect foundation. I have very problematic skin: uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, large pores, etc. It's a hot mess.

With all the raves that Clinique gets and the promises of the Even Better liine, I went to the counter at Macy's and asked the salesperson to help me find a concealer and foundation. She found a decent color match for me, but the concealer and foundation barely cover any of my flaws. If you have serious age spots like me, don't bother. It will NOT give you the coverage you need, even after trying to build with several layers.

After applying, my skin always appeared oily/shiny. The salesperson had recommended the Perfectly Real Compact Makeup to brush on over the Even Better liquid foundation. It helped reduce the shine, but it didn't have any lasting power on my skin.

I'm writing this update on 7/31/11:
I've now tried a number of different foundations, and I'm finding that even though Clinique's Even Better foundation isn't great, it's sure a lot better than drugstore brands, as well as higher-end brands. Though it still doesn't cover as many as my flaws as I'd like, I found that as long as I use Dermablend setting powder to set the makeup, it stays on most of the day. Unlike other foundations, this one doesn't settle into and emphasize my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. And I did, except for the colors. Tried it in the store intending to buy it, and just about every shade was too dark and/or too yellow for my skin.

I did love everything else about it. It feels very light, but pigmented. Consistency, texture, etc. was just right, but there was no shade to match my skin color/tone. :"( Probably great for people with warm skintones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just had to share this with the fair-skinned ladies - there's a new range of colors out this summer - the Linen worked best for me, it's lighter than the #3 and much more neutral than #2 which was way too pink for my cool/neutral (NC 20) skin. I saw the new colors on the Clinique website after reading reviews the colors were dark. I did have to try 3 different stores before I found one that had the new shades in stock.

I hope this helps.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin that is combination/oily in winter. I'm NW20 in MAC and was matched with 04 Cream Chamois, which I have to say was the best colour match I've ever gotten in a foundation!
I found this fdtn easy to apply and blend, it looks really natural on my skin and gives me medium coverage, which is all I want as my skin is pretty good, just a little uneven in tone.
I got this fdtn going into winter when my skin was drier. But I found that I had to blot a couple of times during the day, and it would migrate into the small smile lines near my mouth.
While this didn't quite work for my skin type, I think it would be really nice on normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff, gives me full coverage which I have to have. Leaves my skin with a smoother texture. It has good staying power as well and is great on my sensitive skin.