October 22, 2014 | 918 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ananb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation was just okay. it could feel very thick at times and made my nose pretty oily despite my setting it with powder in the morning. i would still have to blot halfway through the day, and that was whatever was leftover of it by then. the coverage is sheer-medium, and since i am trying to cover acne scars that really isnt appropriate, which is irritating because the foundation is designed specifically for that. i tested at home with the different levels of coverage, and the only way i could possibly be comfortable with the coverage was if i put 2-3 layers, (which i am not accustomed to, i usually just have a little bit of foundation or powder depending on the occasion, and never both) and it looked a little cakey. im definitely not a cakeface and am not comfortable with that amount of makeup on my face all day. i have acne-prone sensitive skin so that much would probably break me out. i haven't worn it for a long time on a daily basis because i got a sample. i got matched to Ginger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by studentdrmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, although I don't know if it's made that much of a difference on my face. I think it's evened out my skin tone a little, but that could be my imagination. I also just started using this foundation recently, so I'll give it a couple of weeks before I start to judge it. I do love how this foundation feels on my face, and the coverage it provides. It does have staying power, even when I wear it alone with no primer or powder to set it. The only problem is that it tends to sink into the lines on my face, which is a little bothersome. I just give it 20 minutes to set on my face, then use my fingers to go over the places where it's sunk into the fine lines on my face, and just spread it out. Other than that, this foundation feels great on my skin, and hopefully is good for my skin as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ctraaan

Clinique's Even Better foundation is full coverage. The formula isn't thick but the coverage is great and you don't even feel it on your face! I applied it with a Kabuki brush but using a sponge works ravishingly well, also. I have combination, acne-prone/hormonal skin and this foundation didn't irritate my face at all. They've a broad range of colours to choose from so I'm sure there will be no problem choosing the right shade, it just showed up a little too neutral for me and not enough yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation too, it's been my HG for the past year.

It evens out my pale, pink/reddish, freckly skintone, & dark blue circles under my eyes to a creamy light color. It makes a huge difference without diminishing my freckles TOO much. It also cancels out the redness in my skin and diminishes the dark circles to the point where I use minimal concealer under the eyes.

It doesn't ever appear cakey on my skin and leaves it with a nice shine.

I love the way my skin looks after I apply it. The staying power lasts all day with this foundation, but the only problem with my skin is that it is very oily, so within an hour of application my forehead looks like an oil slick. But I just powder that down.

Anyway, I've been using this for a year and I plan to continue using it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by GillyTemple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. My partner bought this for me as a birthday present and it's my HG foundation. I have dry combination skin, so I was advised by the SA to use a moisturising lotion on the dry patches so it evens out - wow! My skin looks radiant. I dislike most foundations for their consistency, bad shading and basically looking like clay on my face. Not this one, though. It perfects my flaws like my irregular skintone (I'm red, purple and blue all over) but it won't mask over my freckles, which makes it stand out. The result is a very natural, even looking coverage. I don't look like I'm wearing a mask of warpaint. I look just like myself with this foundation, but better.

I'm a NW15 and shade 01 alabaster suited me perfectly. It went on slightly yellower than my skin tone to begin with, but once it blended in it seemed to instantly match my skin tone perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I have really tried to love this foundation for the past week and I just can't! I love it when I first put it on. Great color and texture and looks beautiful and natural on my skin. Now the thing that kills it for me. No staying power. After about 3 hrs, it has just faded away and it looks like I have no make-up on. I was so hoping this would be the Clinique foundation that I would love because I have never found a foundation they have that works for me. So much of Clinique does work for me (skin care, blush, eye shadow etc.) I will just stick with my Estee Lauder DW Light because it DOES have staying power. Maybe if your skin was not oily the Even Better would be good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation,it feels light on my skin and is a medium coverage. Great color select, keeps me pretty matte and looks natural. I have been wearing Estee Lauder and NARS....but I love this even more than both of those others. Even Better has SPF 15 and has ingredients that correct uneven skin tone over time. Its a nice squeeze bottle, which is nice because Im not wasting product. I paid $48 for NARS Matte 1 fl oz, but the glass bottle is heavy. What I really love about Clinique Even Better is that it was $24.50 for 1 fl. oz. The finish is beautiful. I also wear Clinique Sunscreen in City Block SPF 40 and they work well together. Try this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by squirreldog

This is the foundation I've been looking for! It's got a great natural finish, and can be layered for more coverage. I have mild rosacea, and not only does this foundation cover it in one light coat, but the color match and finish are so good that I can use the foundation just for spot coverage if I want. I've never had a foundation that I didn't have to apply all over my face before. It feels nice going on, and doesn't cake at all.

It doesn't last well if you don't put powder on over it, and sometimes I need to reapply midday, but it's easy to do, and I'd rather have a finish that feels and looks natural than one that lasts longer but feels/looks mask-y.

I tried Clinique's redness-reducing foundation as well, and it's very nice, but I think the Even Better actually does a better job at covering redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mrsbjones06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have it in golden neutral and its a tad bit too dark but it goes on so smooth and covers all my imperfections. I have acne scars and hyperpigmentaion and it covers it all. This foundation is full coverage which i love due to the my bad skin. I will be sticking to this foundation and will DEFINITELY purchase again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by arktikos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a 42 year old fair skin woman, with melasma/brown discoloration on my face. My skin tends to be dry on cheeks and forehead, so I decided it was time to try a liquid foundation, rather than mineral powder foundation, that I needed lotion and primer under. I was hoping to skip a couple of steps, and wanted to find a liquid foundation with good coverage.
Well, I foolishly ordered this foundation from clinique online. I chose Alabaster- and what a fiasco. It was orange on my skin! it is fair to say that I am pale, with cool undertones, so this make-up looked clownish on me. It did appear dewy, the coverage was good, but the color was ridiculous. This is not a good make-up for a pale lady.
I thought perhaps there was a manufacturing mistake, went to a Clinique counter at Macys, and tried both Alabaster and Ivory colors- they were both horribly dark.
If you are pale skinned, you may want to avoid this foundation.