Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 10/21/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up as a suggested replacement for the discontinued superfit makeup. I selected neutral, which was the same shade I used with superfit, and the color was fine, completely neutral (not really warm or cool) as the name implies. I was surprised as how thick the foundation came out, but I didn't have to use very much. My main complaint, though, is how little coverage the product gave me. I tried even using more of the foundation, layering it a little, and still it didn't really cover any imperfections. Despite the consistency, it was very sheer going on. I found that odd for a product marketing to people with uneven complexions. I probably won't be going back to this one.

on 10/20/2011 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Bought and returned. Easy to apply and blend, but made me look super greasy and did not cover red acne spots very well. Also made me break out.

on 10/17/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: sensitive, combination, acne-prone
Foundation before: almay clear complexion
Reason for change: my color in at the almay clear complexion was always gone at target and I wanted a gift with purchase online

A week into this foundation, I'm learning that it doesn't play nice with other products on my face. I'm hoping that it's not the reason that i'm breaking out so much. At this point, being so early in the switch, I'm chalking the breakouts up to either stress, PMS, and/or new product overhaul (this foundation, new moisturizer, and a probably really bad choice of the clinique 7 day scrub).

I started out wearing this and the clinique even better moisturizer together. No breakouts before and now I have five different spots, most on my chin and some way up high on my cheeks which is weird for me.

Besides the breakouts, I noticed that my skin was dry and looked like a white film was under the foundation. At noon (put it on at 7am) it looked like what little foundation I had on had turned into a white webbed mess.

I stopped wearing the e.b. moisturizer and foundation together and completely stopped the 7 day scrub. After one day of doing this, my complexion looks somewhat better.

This foundation seems to do better on it's own for me.

I recommend taking advantage of clinique's five day sample and not changing anything else you do.

If my skin doesn't clear up soon, I won't use this again. So as of today, I wouldn't repurchase.

I love the packaging- makes it easy to use as little as you want.

on 10/16/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product about a month ago when I wanted to graduate from drug store foundations. I went to the store open to try anything and the Clinique counter drew me in first.

The person who matched me gave me the same color she used. She is a bit darker than me and I think in the future I would go a shade lighter, though it blends with my body pretty well, my face is much lighter than the shade she picked out for me.

My favorite thing about this foundation is what it is doing for my skin. My skin looks loads better than it did before I started using it, more even and I have broken out less. The staying power is good, I am used to not having any foundation wipe off on my makeup remover pads before bed and now I sometimes have the urge to use two pads before washing my face. Of course that leads to the not so good...

My least favorite thing is that I tend to look a bit greasier during the day than I would when wearing the Dream Matte Mousse foundation I used to wear from Maybelline. I just have to be more alert about blotting a time or two during the day though. I am in Texas though, so the intense heat this year makes most foundations melt quite easily. If you have oilier skin be wary, but I think the way it makes my skin look is worth it in the end for the work. I've gotten loads of compliments since I've started wearing this.

I recommend applying this with a foundation brush. It applies more evenly than it would otherwise. I wear this with the Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup and I love it. The two together are awesome for full coverage.

on 10/14/2011 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Coverage is heavy, but I like it and it lasts all day. I have had compliments about my skin whilst wearing it. I found it too heavy to wear in winter though, and I had to stop using it because it started to feel cakey and made my skin feel dry.

I have it in alabaster, the lightest shade, which is still a tad too dark for me but its not that noticable, especially in summer, so am fine with reserving it for seasonal use.

Re-opened it summer just gone and I'd forgotten just how much I liked it.

Plus its not in a silly glass bottle, but a tube you can carry around with you and get all the product out of.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a hater.. Oh yes I am.. I have no problem at all splurging on high end brands and products as long as I get the results I paid for. I have tried numerous foundations (MUFE HD, NARS SG, Laura Mercier SC, MUFE Mat Velvet+, Lancome Teint Miracle, Etc..Etc..) and NONE of those mentions above made me happy nor satisfied with the results. I absolutely hated all of those foundations but when I heard about this Clinique Even Better foundation I was kinda skeptical and desperate to be honest and I thought "why not?! .. it's only like 26 bucks total after taxes..cheaper then what I usually pay so I'll just give it a try.." BAM!! This stuff is amazing! Love it to death and is now my HG foundation. I've never had a HG foundation before and this is first and will most likely remain. It is a liquid and you do need to shake this up before using a few times but let me tell you the texture of this foundation is buttery smooth and velvet-y soft and has the most luxurious liquid mousse like dreamy texture. It spreads on like a dream. I used to use a beauty blender but I found out that the beauty blender absorbs way too much product and have to use 4 to 5 times as much product which is a waste( The soft velvet-y texture of this product allows itself to be absorbed too easily by sponge applicators). Then I used it with my MAC 187, 188, and 130 but that didn't give me a dewy finish nor did it give me the coverage results I wanted and it made the foundation look kind of cakey because it stippled it ontop on the skin rather then letting it melt into the skin. Currently I just use my fingers and I use LESS then a pea size amount and it is more then enough to cover my entire face then double up and go back with the extra as a under eye concealer. Using my fingers I found gave me the most BEAUTIFUL, DEWY, NATURAL, YET MATTE finish and it just melts into the skin and look amazing.. so amazing words won't do it justice, you have to try it yourself. It stays on all day and night if I go out during the day then party at night and it doesn't budge as long as I set it, it NEVER oxidizes, and NEVER settles into fine lines and looks cakey later on into the day and this foundation also keeps dry areas and patches moist and doesn't emphasize them. I am ultimately extremely happy I gave this foundation a try and I now love using foundation again, Oh and a added bonus is that if you have discoloration, dark spots, or redness over time it tones it down a little. It doesn't completely get rid of it ( I mean c'mon.. you'd be expecting way too much if your expecting a 100% recovery from discoloration and such from a foundation) but it does help it and tone it down over time I've noticed and my skin has improved a lot. Lastly, I like to mention that I have extremely sensitive skin and this has never once irritated it and have NEVER clogged my pores or cause a breakout. Also, the shades here run more beige and pink which is a bonus for me becuase most foundation like MUFE and NARS and Laura Mercier run too yellow and make my skin look dry, flakey, and sick cause of the too deep yellow tones, So if your a NW or have warm to neutral undertones your gonna love this foundation I swear! I hope they never ever stop making this stuff! :)

on 10/8/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

tried this for the first time today so i can't really comment on wear, however it looks really natural and really matches my skin well. it looks like me, only better. will update if anything changes but so far i'm in love.

on 10/5/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Believe me when I tell you that I have tried a lot of foundations, but this has been the best for the price I have tried. It improves on Revlon Colorstay in that it does not look cakey or powdery and improves on Revlon Photoready in that it has much better SPF coverage and stays on all day for me. I have very oily skin in my t-zone and this is one of the few foundations that does not slide off by midday. I would say medium coverage is what this gives, although it could probably be built up to full. I got a good color match with 01 (alabaster) and I am usually a NC15 or NC20 with a tan. Not too pink like many of the other Clinique foundations. It does not break me out at all. I also do not need a primer and I do not notice this creasing into lines or peeling over dry patches. It isn't too expensive as Department store foundations go, considering how well it performs. It comes off easily with standard remover (detergent based) & washcloth or wipe off cloths and water. It usually lasts 8-10 hours for me which is good--it there isn't a lot of humidity here though. I give it a 5 because I have yet to find anything better, honestly and at this price, it is worth a try. The other great thing about Clinique products is the will give you a sample at the counter, so you can make sure it is the right color and it works for you.

on 10/4/2011 11:04:00 AM

My favorite foundation is Clinique's Almost Foundation. I received even better makeup as a gwp. I can never get liquid foundations to look natural on me. Even better gives light to medium coverage but ends up looking cakey on me.

on 9/23/2011 12:57:00 PM

As many of you said this foundation is really good. I used it for more than 6 months and I still have some left. It gives a great coverage (not full but still enough for me) It gives a nice glow and kind of takes care of your skin. It's moisturizing, has a decent SPF and my skin could still breath. I love the way it makes my face look flawless even though I have nasty acne scars on the side of my checks. I never use concealer when I am wearing it and I had the impression it did improve the quality of my skin. I do looove this foundation HOWEVER, it seems to be melting after sometime (got stained on my clothes and when I accidentally touch my face).

During the summer I tend to get much darker so I had to switch to MAC NC45 (my Even Better shade is Sand)

I will definitely get back to using it in the winter when I get paler ;-)