Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe it.... First Maybelline Age Rewind foundation, now this... where have these 2 foundations been all my adult life?! I had grown skeptical and frustrated over the years since none of the countless brands I've tried looked the way I had wanted. Skin troubles, to those of us who suffer daily, can be terribly upsetting. The first time I put this on I could see a huge difference in my complextion. This is the first make up that has ever evened out my skin tone and I'm surprised at how much of a difference that truly makes. I agree that this covers exceptionally well (redness/rashes from lupus), without caking in fine lines, yet it feels very light and clean. After wearing this all week, I believe it is also helping my skin to improve overall. I'm hard to please when it comes to skincare, and I AM really impressed!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! Even if it never corrects my skintone, I will continue to buy it because this is exactly what I was looking for from a foundation. My skin is generally very clear, but with a little unevenness and redness. The coverage is moderate but looks extremely natural, the finish is not too shiny or too matte, it feels like nothing on my skin, and is a wonderful match for my NC15-20ish skin (I use the shade Alabaster). It's weird, something about the thin consistency and how lightweight the formula is, you don't expect it to cover much. But it evens me out so nicely without looking like a mask. If you like the feel and look of tinted moisturizers but are looking for more coverage, this is a wonderful option!
There's quite a bit of variety in terms of different undertones, and in fact the SA had a couple other shades on my jaw that looked like good matches as well. Somehow it's sheer enough that it's kind of adaptable. Unfortunately, you're out of luck if you're much lighter than N-15. Seems to be that way with a lot of Clinique foundations, I match the lightest shade in their perfectly real makeup whereas I usually use the second or third lightest in most other brands. But other than that I thought the variety of shades was pretty impressive, lots of different neutrals to choose from!
Overall I'm super satisfied, and relieved that the search for my HG foundation is finally settled!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

For reference my skin is combo right now due to the colder weather here, and I have really acne prone skin.

Pros:
- cheap compared to what I usually buy (dior,ysl, chanel, LM)
- good coverage (medium)
- great finish (natural-dewy) (and I always set it with powder)
- stays on all day

Cons:
- a bit too dark and yellow for my skin tone (1 wear the shade alabaster)
- doesn't set/stays sticky without powder

I haven't noticed any skin tone/acne scar improvements but I wear different foundation everyday. Also prefer pump packaging but this is good too. The reason I said I wouldn't not repurchase is because of the color, the one thing I require in a foundation is that its light enough and this just isn't. (For reference I'm nw 10/15 depending on the time of year)(wear MUFE HD shade 110 and its perfect)

My shade Neutral 05 (I'm an NC 25) matches my skin nicely. The formulation itself melts right into my skin as I used a foundation brush to blend it all in.

This foundation is supposed to correct skin color imperfections and I have noticed that my sunspots are less noticeable; I wore this foundation five times so far.

It has medium-ish coverage and does last throughout the day as well. I really like this foundation.

Tip: a little goes a long way if you have no imperfections. A Jelly Belly-sized amount is enough for your entire face. continued >>

I loved this product, but it broke me out big time! It looked fabulous and had great coverage. It is the only makeup I found hat provided me with flawless looking skin without it looking like I had makeup on. I really hate that it caused acne everytime I used it though. If it wasn't for the breakouts, I definetely would buy again. Oh well, back to the old drawing board. Arghhh! :-(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't say enough good things about this product. I was a mineral makeup girl, but I got annoyed with the messy powder. I bought this on recommendation and I LOVE it! Instantly it covers what I want, but leave my skin feeling fresh and not covered. This is my first bottle of liquid foundation and now I'm never going back. I don't even use concealer anymore ( except on little sleep days.) I also noticed that it does fade the old acnee spots, I'm amazed. This is honestly one of the best products out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I've been using Bare Minerals for 3 years used Clinque Superfit before that. Now I'm back to liquid to give Even Better a go.

Anyway I got a sample size of Even Better in Ivory so far the color match is ON. It matches better than my BareMinerals ever did.

I have sensitive skin and so far no itching, burning, flaking.

***November 29 Update
My sample is still going strong. This makeup feels good on my skin. I barely need any to cover my face and it is build-able to a degree to cover a blemish. It is a bit shiny but once I put my Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder over top it is perfect. It's getting cold out now and the real test is coming! Will it help keep my skin hydrated so it won't be all winter flaky!?

***March 13th 2012 Update

So I bought this foundation in December still have a lot left in the bottle. I have found that it generally does not last all day if I am very active running around changing clothes multiple times. And sometimes I get shiny without powder. I have noticed that it is lightening my acne scars woohoo!

July 2013

I'm still using this foundation but I can't help but wonder what else is out there. It is good at evening skin tone but I want something to last longer. Maybe I should invest in a setting spray.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i have this in 06 not sure of the name of it, its a "try me for 2 weeks size"

and while its to pink, i love the coverage, and the natural-ness look of it.

im going to buy the full size, in the RIGHT color. and hopefully ill still love it.

ill do an edit/better review then.

edit:

well, ive tried 3 different colors, and theyre all VERY pink, even the gold ones?

i dont get it. ah well... back it goes

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

NOPE! I WOULDN'T BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. I used this for about a month and saw no difference in my acne scars. It provides great coverage but I use Rimmel 25 hour Lasting Foundation and it does the exact same thing. Rimmel covers just as well and it's much cheaper!!! I will not be buying this again no matter what the claims are. I've been using Vitamin E skin oil just on my acne scarring and it's worked wonders. I spend so much less getting rid of my scars with Vit E and then getting great coverage with Rimmel Lasting Foundation. I don't need to spend $40 on an overrated department store foundation such as Even Better.

SAVE YOUR $$$$$$$$

I love this! If you've got a lot of blemishes you want to hide, this gives you a whole new complexion. You don't need a lot to remove discolouration and redness, and if you want to hide large pimples, you don't need an extra concealer. Just blend a few dots after covering the main areas. Although this is thicker than foundations I normally buy, I find myself not using it all over, just where I need to - so it looks natural still. Skin still looks pretty good at the end of the work day. At this reasonable price, it is possibly the best foundation I've ever tried.