L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 12/23/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have used this mascara twice now and I'm very pleased with it! I have very puney lashes and this really adds volume as well as lengthens. I was using Lancome Hypnose for a few years and it's a "breath of fresh air" to only spend $7 versus $24 for the more expensive brand! Plus, I got a real deal. When I purchased it two days ago, it was in a value pack and contained two tubes for the price of one. I gave the other tube to my mom. She is also very pleased with the results! Great product for a much lower price!

on 12/20/2009 1:36:00 PM

This formula is really prone to clumping. Weird little droplets of mascara appeared on my lashes by the second day, so I had to stop using. I did like the color which is very shiny and dark black though.

on 12/19/2009 1:53:00 PM

I've only been using this for a couple of days, but so far I'm really pleased with this mascara. I've read about it clumping, but so far I haven't had any clumping- I wonder if I got a different batch? I purchased this right after I ordered the new Christian Dior Extase mascara from Sephora. I wore the L'Oreal on one eye and Dior on the other. The L'Oreal was so much better- no clumps, nicely volumizing but not too much so, and washes off easily. I'm kicking myself now for spending so much on a mascara when I really liked the $7 drugstore purchase so much more.

on 12/17/2009 5:09:00 AM

Overall this mascara is pretty good. I'm not sure about what the collagen is doing, but I am sure that when I wear this mascara it looks like I've got fake lashes on. I love that it really seems to lengthen and fatten up my lashes. However, because of that my lashes can look over done, which means I can only wear this mascara for evenings out and special occasions. I took one lippie off because it clumps pretty easily, requiring me to comb though it with a metal tooth comb. Overall it creates a great look, but because I can't wear it on a daily basis I probably won't bother buying it again.

on 12/14/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got 2 of this at Target for $8. Great mascara, better than Lash blast and Voluminous. Goes on very dark black, and really has that 'volume collagen' effect. Makes my lashes look very full. It does not clump on me and does not leave me with panda eyes. Also easy to remove. I'm really happy I got this mascara. I like the shape of the brush comb also, much better than Lash Blast, which is too bulky for me. I will buy this again.

on 12/14/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Price:Got for free by winning it, can't say anything 'bout the price.
Packaging:Standard, modern, chic.
Would I buy this again?:YES!

I just got this tube of wonder in the mail today. I won it back in September from Seventeen. I tried this and my lashes are gorgeous! Not extremly separated, never found that in a mascara, but my average sized lashes just turned into a heavy-weight champion! No clumps, no flakes so far, gow-gous! I really like this mascara. Very comparable to lashblast, my current hg, but if this is a clump-free, flake free, no sharp bristle alternative, lashblast may have to go to the trash (its old anyway). Will update on staying power and flaky-ness later!

on 12/13/2009 12:19:00 PM

I'm in love with this mascara that I hope it doesn't get discontinued because of so many low reviews. I naturally have long lashes already and when I use this mascara it gives me a dramatic eyelash effect. What I get out of this is super dense lashes, awesome lengthening effect and mega volume. I have zero complaints about this mascara. I don't even use an eyelash curler anymore.

on 12/13/2009 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Although the packaging is very modern, this product failed on multiple levels. I get clumps every time I use it, even after wiping off the wand several times on the edge of the tube. I had to use an eye lash comb several times to try to remove clumps. This product does deliver volume, but with all these clumps-it's just not worth it.

on 12/7/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My opinion on this mascara is kind of double. I usually stray away a bit from the typical volume mascaras with the big brushes since almost all of them makes my lashes clump and look really short and straight. This one didn't though, as long as I was careful with not applying more than one (slow) layer and scraping any excess off the brush before I apply. It didn't flake either. That's the reason I actually ended up buying this mascara twice haha.
Although I will not buy this again. The formula is quite thick and wet, so it doesn't hold a curl at all. The lashes just goes straight back to the way they were before I curled them. It's also so wet that it doesn't actually ever quite dry!!! This is something I've never experienced with a mascara before. Everytime I blinked my upper and lower lashes would kind of stick together! Very wierd and very very annoying! This happened with both of the "tubes".

All in all, I never used up my second purchase. The wierd never drying formula and the fact that I had to be really careful while using it to prevent clumping has put me off ever buying it again.

on 12/4/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I'll just say before I review that what I am about to say is what happen personally because of my preferences and not what may happen in general.

I don't like this mascara, I binned it after 2 weeks and I was rather annoyed I spent even 7 on it.
Firstly the smell is plain horrid. I couldn't stand it, I like couldn't breathe while I was applying my mascara! (I have a really strong sense of smell by the way)
Secondly it flaked like crazy only a few days after opening, which wasn't great,
Thirdly it irrated my eyes when I wore my contact lenses and just generally. Not good :(

But on the plus side when it worked, it gave great volume :) Pity about the other side effects...