L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 1/5/2010 11:55:00 PM

First of all the commercials for this product advertise the size of the brush. False advertising, it's small. It doesn't build worth a crap. However it doesn't flake and lasts all day, it's just not very impressive. I like how it conditions my lashes and I wish it came in a clear version that I could put on at night instead. I think I'll stick to my Maybellene mascara in the future, but I'll finish up this tube.

on 1/1/2010 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love volumizing mascaras but this clumped so badly. It also doesn't build well. I kept getting more clumps with each coat. Will not purchase again, I will just stick to my Hypnose.

on 12/31/2009 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i really really dislike this product, two words -- spider lashes.

on 12/30/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried to like this mascara but it simply was too clumpy. The formula is too wet and does not go on smoothly. Still on the search for my HG volumizing mascara.

on 12/23/2009 12:33:00 AM

This mascara does its job really well, but I think I prefer L'Oreal Voluminous instead. I like that it has more of a patent-like finish, but otherwise this is just another good but not great mascara.

on 12/23/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have used this mascara twice now and I'm very pleased with it! I have very puney lashes and this really adds volume as well as lengthens. I was using Lancome Hypnose for a few years and it's a "breath of fresh air" to only spend $7 versus $24 for the more expensive brand! Plus, I got a real deal. When I purchased it two days ago, it was in a value pack and contained two tubes for the price of one. I gave the other tube to my mom. She is also very pleased with the results! Great product for a much lower price!

on 12/20/2009 1:36:00 PM

This formula is really prone to clumping. Weird little droplets of mascara appeared on my lashes by the second day, so I had to stop using. I did like the color which is very shiny and dark black though.

on 12/19/2009 1:53:00 PM

I've only been using this for a couple of days, but so far I'm really pleased with this mascara. I've read about it clumping, but so far I haven't had any clumping- I wonder if I got a different batch? I purchased this right after I ordered the new Christian Dior Extase mascara from Sephora. I wore the L'Oreal on one eye and Dior on the other. The L'Oreal was so much better- no clumps, nicely volumizing but not too much so, and washes off easily. I'm kicking myself now for spending so much on a mascara when I really liked the $7 drugstore purchase so much more.

on 12/17/2009 5:09:00 AM

Overall this mascara is pretty good. I'm not sure about what the collagen is doing, but I am sure that when I wear this mascara it looks like I've got fake lashes on. I love that it really seems to lengthen and fatten up my lashes. However, because of that my lashes can look over done, which means I can only wear this mascara for evenings out and special occasions. I took one lippie off because it clumps pretty easily, requiring me to comb though it with a metal tooth comb. Overall it creates a great look, but because I can't wear it on a daily basis I probably won't bother buying it again.

on 12/14/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got 2 of this at Target for $8. Great mascara, better than Lash blast and Voluminous. Goes on very dark black, and really has that 'volume collagen' effect. Makes my lashes look very full. It does not clump on me and does not leave me with panda eyes. Also easy to remove. I'm really happy I got this mascara. I like the shape of the brush comb also, much better than Lash Blast, which is too bulky for me. I will buy this again.