January 30, 2015 | 1454 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

Overall this mascara is pretty good. I'm not sure about what the collagen is doing, but I am sure that when I wear this mascara it looks like I've got fake lashes on. I love that it really seems to lengthen and fatten up my lashes. However, because of that my lashes can look over done, which means I can only wear this mascara for evenings out and special occasions. I took one lippie off because it clumps pretty easily, requiring me to comb though it with a metal tooth comb. Overall it creates a great look, but because I can't wear it on a daily basis I probably won't bother buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got 2 of this at Target for $8. Great mascara, better than Lash blast and Voluminous. Goes on very dark black, and really has that 'volume collagen' effect. Makes my lashes look very full. It does not clump on me and does not leave me with panda eyes. Also easy to remove. I'm really happy I got this mascara. I like the shape of the brush comb also, much better than Lash Blast, which is too bulky for me. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by popstare1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Price:Got for free by winning it, can't say anything 'bout the price.
Packaging:Standard, modern, chic.
Would I buy this again?:YES!

I just got this tube of wonder in the mail today. I won it back in September from Seventeen. I tried this and my lashes are gorgeous! Not extremly separated, never found that in a mascara, but my average sized lashes just turned into a heavy-weight champion! No clumps, no flakes so far, gow-gous! I really like this mascara. Very comparable to lashblast, my current hg, but if this is a clump-free, flake free, no sharp bristle alternative, lashblast may have to go to the trash (its old anyway). Will update on staying power and flaky-ness later!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by vanidades

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this mascara that I hope it doesn't get discontinued because of so many low reviews. I naturally have long lashes already and when I use this mascara it gives me a dramatic eyelash effect. What I get out of this is super dense lashes, awesome lengthening effect and mega volume. I have zero complaints about this mascara. I don't even use an eyelash curler anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Amellion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although the packaging is very modern, this product failed on multiple levels. I get clumps every time I use it, even after wiping off the wand several times on the edge of the tube. I had to use an eye lash comb several times to try to remove clumps. This product does deliver volume, but with all these clumps-it's just not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My opinion on this mascara is kind of double. I usually stray away a bit from the typical volume mascaras with the big brushes since almost all of them makes my lashes clump and look really short and straight. This one didn't though, as long as I was careful with not applying more than one (slow) layer and scraping any excess off the brush before I apply. It didn't flake either. That's the reason I actually ended up buying this mascara twice haha.
Although I will not buy this again. The formula is quite thick and wet, so it doesn't hold a curl at all. The lashes just goes straight back to the way they were before I curled them. It's also so wet that it doesn't actually ever quite dry!!! This is something I've never experienced with a mascara before. Everytime I blinked my upper and lower lashes would kind of stick together! Very wierd and very very annoying! This happened with both of the "tubes".

All in all, I never used up my second purchase. The wierd never drying formula and the fact that I had to be really careful while using it to prevent clumping has put me off ever buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by SpiritQueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I'll just say before I review that what I am about to say is what happen personally because of my preferences and not what may happen in general.

I don't like this mascara, I binned it after 2 weeks and I was rather annoyed I spent even 7 on it.
Firstly the smell is plain horrid. I couldn't stand it, I like couldn't breathe while I was applying my mascara! (I have a really strong sense of smell by the way)
Secondly it flaked like crazy only a few days after opening, which wasn't great,
Thirdly it irrated my eyes when I wore my contact lenses and just generally. Not good :(

But on the plus side when it worked, it gave great volume :) Pity about the other side effects...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow!! is all I can say for this mascara.
It's wonderful the formula go on so effortlessly.
It makes my lashes so long and soo volumized.
I was really in a mascara slump and this amazing product pulled me out of it!

I liked the Bad Gal Lash from Benefit okay for awhile, but this mascara is so much better than Bad gal. It's not as dry-ish as the Bad Gal. Anywho two thumbs way up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only mascaras I dont like.This really does nothing for my lashes.It clumps up and it flakes under my eyes.My favorite show is Desperate Housewives and Eva Longoria(she's on DH if you didn't know) endorses this mascara so I figured I would give it a try.I wish I would have tried something else! I guess I'll just have to stick to Lash Blast

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lizzymaeh

Now, I have some really long eyelashes and I've tried numerous mascaras trying to emphasis how long my lashes are. Anyways, this mascara does a decent job actually. I mean, I still wish I could emphasis my lashes better but out of all of the numerous mascara lines I've tried... this one is definitely one of the better ones.