October 22, 2014 | 1747 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this first in plum and liked this felt tip eyeliner so much I got it in all the colors: Plum, Ash, Coffee, Indigo, and Black. Black is really intense and pitch black. Wore it for Halloween and it stayed on like a champ pitch black all night. I find it is too dark for me for daily wear but love the coffee, Ash and plum for daily wear. The pen goes from narrow to wide and with a little practice I can draw a line of any width I am looking for or do a cat's eye. Much easier to use than gel or pencil liners for me. I do however still prefer my L'oreal lineur intense felt tip but they do not have the wide color selection and are 8x more expensive as these little beauties are $1 and waterproof to boot. I have worn them with contacts and not had any problems fyi.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

3rd update (12/31/2011) I have a large arsenal of eyeliners so it took me awhile to rotate back to using this one. The pen applies well on one eye but by the time I get to the 2nd eye it starts to dry up. I probably got 3 uses total out of this pen each time I got it. I will not buy this again. NIce packaging but performance wise it is pretty terrible. Not worth the $1 even. .****************2nd UPDATE 3/4/3011 I recently picked up my 3rd ever pen & the packaging says the formula is "new & improved". I'll update this review after I give the new formula a try. NEWEST REVIEW *****3/12/2011: I picked up a shade I hadnt seen before called "Midnight". Its is a blue/black shade. The felt tip is shorter which I didnt really like. I prefer the longer tip because I think it gives me a better application. I lined just my upper lids in the afternoon & as the day wore on the liner smudged at the corners & inner areas of my eyes. This formula is supposedly "improved" BUT they must have un- improved it into a NON-WATERPROOF formula. Very disappointed with this "new improved formula" I wont get this again even for a buck. I need my liners to be water resistant to some degree. This is not anymore at all whatsoever. END REVIEW.*** Wow Im surprised at the bad reviews this eyeliner is receiving. I must have lucked out and ended up with a good one. My experience has been nothing but positive. Nice decent packaging, the liquid liner applied easily & evenly, the color was a nice charcoal black. (Since it was a $1 I expected it to be more of a grey black so I was surprised that it really was black!) The formula stayed on my eyes all day, no smudges or runs. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this liner. I will definately repurchase if it keeps performing this way. Great liner! (Im also fairly picky about my liquid liners when it comes to how it applies/applicator quality & the color payoff. Again this liner IMO is A-OK with me!) ************************ Quick update: To make sure I wasnt imagining things with this liner I wore it again today. I applied it at 7:30 in the morning & at 9 tonight it looks just as fresh as the minute I put it on. The only thing I noticed I didnt like was the felt tip had grown flimsy over a short time so it didnt have a real pointy tip anymore that I like for precise application. But I still know how to apply my stuff so I was able to work with it just fine. A great performing liner and for as cheap as it is I will definately repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by TheeGlamGal2

No stars for you!
This SUCKS. It dried out insanely fast, I didnt even get its money's worth out of it and it was only 1$.
It was a pain, It was NOT waterproof, and rubbed off instantly when I started curling my lashes. Creating a horrible mess, and having to do everything again. How horrible is that? Oh well, I shouldnt cry over it, after all it was only a dollar. I hate this with a passion.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by VivehPinata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

As others have mentioned, the tip does dry out rather quickly even if I store it upside down. It's not waterproof and thus it fades/smudges in a couple hours. The way I get the product to work is to spray some mixing medium into my palm and just barely wet the tip. The liner works a whole lot better this way but it is not ideal if you are running late in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aochoa2309

I love this pen!!! It is def my HG. It is not waterproof and comes off if you rub it with water lol...but i dont go around doing that. It is so easy to apply and pretty precise. It is a dark black and I am on my second one since i left the cap off the first one and it dried out : (

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by glittered123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok so i bought this from zellers, and i came with another eyeliner pen, and a shimmering liner. As soon as i bought it, i swatched it, and it looked like black paint mixed with water. so i hated that. but after a while i just ran it back a forth on the back of my hand and the colour started to show a litter better. I actually used it on my eyes, and its really great, it does stay on and doesnt smudge. The bad this about this product, is that the cap does not stay on well. Also if the colour does not show up, turn the liner on its cap, so the liquid can go through the end.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loved the low price and wanted to try out a purple eyeliner so I purchased Plum. Unfortunately the color that shows up looks more like a black sharpie pen, but it is very easy to use if you like a precise, dark line. It smudges if I fall asleep with it on so I don't know exactly about its waterproof claim.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Ok, I bought this just to try it since it was only $1, and its not too bad!

Pros:
- Has good staying power
- Cheap
- Best for doing just liner without a shadow underneath (not something I usually do)

Cons:
- Not as dark and richly colored as I would like (I have to go over it twice, but not a huge deal)
- Sort of like drawing on myself with a Sharpie, hah!

At first, I thought this was crap, but THEN I pulled it out to use when doing a really complicated look that required precise liner. I didn't want gel or liquid or a pencil because I needed fine lines. This actually did a really good job and went on over shadow well. It stayed put all day.

I will repurchase!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Babycherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last not more than 5 usage and this pen dried up completely in less than 2 weeks. Although it's cheap, it's not worth getting. It is not completely smudge proof on my eyes and did stain my eye area near lower eyelids. It may have worked well for others and I really hope it works for me but too bad it didn't, I won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Guess I got one of the duds. My pen was brilliant for the first couple of uses - not BLACK black, but acceptable - but after that it dried up a bit and just isn't worth using now. It was stored upside-down with the cap tightly on. To be honest, it wasn't that great even for the first couple of uses - a bit pale and rubbed off easily.
It costs 1.50 in the UK, so that was 75p per use. Won't be buying this again. ELF's Studio cream eyeliner is brilliant though, so I'll just use that instead :-)