April 20, 2014 | 1243 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by heather4479

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay - This is the most environmentally friendly product I have seen in across the board and sooooo cheap! The brushes are some of the softest I have ever felt and I kinda didn't like the pouch at first until I read that it was made of hemp. Anything I can do to support an animal and hemp friendly company is worth it to me! I would have paid 4 times the price for these brushes! They are awesome!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I needed a new blush brush when I spotted this brush set. The blush brush alone was $7 and for $4 more I could get a set so I figured that it was a good deal. The blush brush is fantastic-it's fluffy, soft and big. It picks up the perfect amount of blush. The brow/lash brush is great. The eyeliner brush is not thin enough for me-I prefer MAC's 266 to get a more defined line with my gel liners. However, it's perfect for applying powder to your brows. The concealer brush is great for blending concealer under the eyes and on blemishes. It's soft but sturdy enough to place the concealer where you need it. The eyeshadow brush does not pick up enough color. I've tried using it with my highly pigmented shadows but it fails to work for that as well. In the end, it was a great investment of $11 to get four brushes that I use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ibuytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the best brushes i've ever bought.
really well made and packaged

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by StrawberiiKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

1. These brushes are extremely soft. They're softer than the brushes I have from Sheer Cover.

2. They are cheap. I bought this 5 piece set for only 12 dollars at Duane Reade. :)

3. They're creulty-free!! :D Which I support. The synthetic hairs do not fall out even after giving it a wash.

Bottom line: I loveee these brushes and would buy it again as a backup :D

~Strawberii

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by nervers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard a lot of great things about these brushes, so I decided for the price they are, it couldn't hurt to try them! After using them a few times, I noticed that first of all, all the brushes are incredibly soft! They feel great on your skin, so there's a plus. The blush and concealer brushes are my favorites and definitely get the job done. I did not like the other three brushes, the eyeliner brush, brow/mascara "brush", and especially the eyeshadow brush, which applied eyeshadow miserably. If I was going to buy this again, I'd just opt for buying the single blush brush and concealer brush instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing brushes, I love them. Some of these are softer than my Sephora brushes and work so much better. By far my favorite brushes. No shedding either, a great, great deal and very inexpensive. I paid $12 for a liner brush from Sephora, only to have found this set of FIVE brushes for the same exact price, and I like the liner brush in this set way better than my Sephora one.

The lash comb is also great. The teeth create a curved shape so they contour to the shape of your lashes, which I really love. A comb with straight teeth usually results in eye poking and more hassle.

Great job, Ecotools!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic brushes, great price, cruelty-free, renewable materials. What more can you ask for? The powder brush is so divine it's worth the price by itself. I also like that since the handles are bamboo the brushes feel very light in the hand. Very well made brushes...they don't shed a lick either. A must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just perfect! I use most of the set almost daily. It's amazing how soft it is! I feel the uncontrollable urge to buy 'mineral' set and another set just like this one, just in case.... :)
Love it! Packaging is the cutest!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These brushes are unbelievable. I honestly was not expecting them to be as great as they are, because they are only $11 for a brush roll containing a powder brush, a concealer brush, an eyebrow comb/brush, an eyeliner brush, and an eyeshadow brush. For those of you who usually buy high-end brushes like myself, you know that a small brush alone usually goes for about that price. So, to get an entire basic kit plus storage case for it is amazing. They are cruelty free and are made of bamboo and plastic fibers. Do not diss that until you've tried it. The bamboo makes the brushes just look so nice, and they are more durable than wooden ones... The bristles are the softest I have ever felt. I have not had any shedding which is great, considering I've spent hundreds of dollars on brushes which aren't as soft and shed like crazy. These last forever, keep their shape and glide your makeup on effortlessly and flawlessly. Even if I got high-end makeup brushes for free, I'd rather use these. If you haven't tried them, run to your nearest Target and pick 'em up. It's $11 and you have nothing to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Rhythm21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just adding to the ratings! I use almost every brush on a daily basis. I previously used the BE brushes that came with the starter set (kabuki, blush, concealor). I didn't realize how harsh their bristles were until I heard all the reviews for Ecotools brushes and tried them out. Super soft, no shedding, easy to store. I wash them several times a week with my olay facewash and haven't noticed any change in quality.