December 18, 2014 | 1714 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It is not as good as smashbox photofinish light, but its not as expensive either. I payed $5 for this at cvs. At first the color is scary bc its a peacy orange. Dont fret, once applied it is colorless. Actually gave me a slight glow. It held my foundation in place all day. I was a tad oily, but just blotted a little through out the day. Formula is light weight, and smells decent. Over all, not to shabby for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty alright foundation primer. I really liked the smell, it's so kissable! When I saw the colour, in my head I was like, "Oh dang, how is this going to work?" So I applied this to my face and surprisingly I saw NO orange colour left on my face. You guys are just not applying this correctly, you're most likely using TOO MUCH! A little goes a long way my friends. I found that this actually stopped the space between my eyebrows (which is the only part of my face that ever gets at little oily) from getting pimples which was being caused from my foundations. It smoothed out my skin. However I didn't really see a difference at the end of the day, I couldn't really tell if this worked or not, but it sure as hell made my foundations that NEVER stay on for at least an hour...STAY! It may not have day through night effects but I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm not really sure if this does anything other than make my face feel really smooth.. I do like that though! :)

I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm going to say its good for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was dissapointed with this product for several reasons. #1 it did not help to make my foundation last longer in any way. 2. I noticed my makeup appeared more cakey right away. 3. This made my already oily skin get extremely oily almost instantly after I applied my makeup. #4. My skin started to break out the very first day I used this. I do not know exactly what this product is supposed to be used for but it is not good as a primer. In my personal opinion... I guess this might could work for someone with very dry skin, who needs that extra glow...? But it did not work for me. It was about $7 at CVS. You need to INVEST in a good primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by KittyGlitter85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is terrible! I would have been better off just putting my foundation on without a base! when you squeeze it out of the tube, it is orange- and I found that it actually did change the color of my foundation to make it more orange. It also accentuated my pores and made my skin look extremely oily, as well as made my foundation slick off and just look terrible. Someone on Youtube compared this to Smashbox's primer- it does not at all compare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

This primer didn't turn my face orange or anything crazy like that. The smell is fine and the consistency is nice. I just felt like it didn't do much for me. I compared it to Avon's Magix Primer. I like the Avon one better. My foundation seemed to last the same way it would without a primer. I'm just not sold on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lulu702

for sure this product is great! I have been using this for over 3 months and sometimes I won't even apply foundation, it evens out your skin and hides your pores. I have not had any breakout from it...so that makes me LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

Iíve only used this primer for 3 days and I can already say that I really like it. I have tried the Revlon Beyond Natural primer, Urban Decay primer and the Monistat Chaffing Relief Gel; of all of these I would have to say that I like the Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer the best. I was really wary of trying the Rimmel primer because of all the reviews I read about it turning peopleís skin orange but I decided that I needed to be my own judge. I am extremely pale/fair (I use the lightest shade in most foundation lines) but this primer didnít turn my skin orange at all. I think the people that are noticing an orange tinge to their skin are either using far too much primer and/or not rubbing it in all the way. As with any face primer you only need to use a very small amount (pea sized) for your entire face. I found that the orange color of this primer actually helped to even out my skin tone. I hope I donít start breaking out from this primer as a lot of people have because I really like it; Iíll update if things take a turn for the worse.
**EDIT**......I've been using this primer every day for weeks and I still LOVE IT! I haven't broken out at all and I've noticed that this primer is really helping to keep the oil on my nose at bay. All the other primers I've tried ended up making me even oiler than usual; and all of those primers are the kind that leave your skin feeling super smooth when you first apply them. This Rimmel primer goes on like a lotion and just soaks into your skin; I don't feel like there is anything there at all and I prefer that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ts2005m

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am have a freakishly pale complexion (people frequently ask if I bleach my skin). I was a little surprised that the product came out an orangey color but once I put in on and blended it in, it disappeared. It has made my pores much smaller and has definitely made my skin feel a lot smoother. I don't wear foundation at all but do use concealer sparingly and found that this product alone really evened out my skin tone. I am really surprised at all of the haters out there. If you use a little less and blend it in, it won't produce the orangey effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ladylaughalott

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HATE IT!! This junk turned my face orange...too bad that you can't see this funky color BEFORE you buy it! I guess this would be okay for someone with a less pale complexion, but it is horrid on my fair skin. I was hoping that my foundation would cover it up and look okay but no such luck. Save your money, ladies, and skip the expensive high-end primers, too. Go buy some Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel made by the Monistat people, it runs circles around everything else.