August 20, 2014 | 1967 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lulu702

for sure this product is great! I have been using this for over 3 months and sometimes I won't even apply foundation, it evens out your skin and hides your pores. I have not had any breakout from it...so that makes me LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

Iíve only used this primer for 3 days and I can already say that I really like it. I have tried the Revlon Beyond Natural primer, Urban Decay primer and the Monistat Chaffing Relief Gel; of all of these I would have to say that I like the Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer the best. I was really wary of trying the Rimmel primer because of all the reviews I read about it turning peopleís skin orange but I decided that I needed to be my own judge. I am extremely pale/fair (I use the lightest shade in most foundation lines) but this primer didnít turn my skin orange at all. I think the people that are noticing an orange tinge to their skin are either using far too much primer and/or not rubbing it in all the way. As with any face primer you only need to use a very small amount (pea sized) for your entire face. I found that the orange color of this primer actually helped to even out my skin tone. I hope I donít start breaking out from this primer as a lot of people have because I really like it; Iíll update if things take a turn for the worse.
**EDIT**......I've been using this primer every day for weeks and I still LOVE IT! I haven't broken out at all and I've noticed that this primer is really helping to keep the oil on my nose at bay. All the other primers I've tried ended up making me even oiler than usual; and all of those primers are the kind that leave your skin feeling super smooth when you first apply them. This Rimmel primer goes on like a lotion and just soaks into your skin; I don't feel like there is anything there at all and I prefer that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ts2005m

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am have a freakishly pale complexion (people frequently ask if I bleach my skin). I was a little surprised that the product came out an orangey color but once I put in on and blended it in, it disappeared. It has made my pores much smaller and has definitely made my skin feel a lot smoother. I don't wear foundation at all but do use concealer sparingly and found that this product alone really evened out my skin tone. I am really surprised at all of the haters out there. If you use a little less and blend it in, it won't produce the orangey effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ladylaughalott

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HATE IT!! This junk turned my face orange...too bad that you can't see this funky color BEFORE you buy it! I guess this would be okay for someone with a less pale complexion, but it is horrid on my fair skin. I was hoping that my foundation would cover it up and look okay but no such luck. Save your money, ladies, and skip the expensive high-end primers, too. Go buy some Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel made by the Monistat people, it runs circles around everything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well, i never really noticed if this really prolonged the wear of my foundation, since i don't use that much. i did notice that it doesn't keep my skin from getting oily though. that, and it turns my foundation orange and makes it look like i'm wearing the wrong shade!! :/

on the pros, i did like the smell...but that's about it. this was my first primer, so i didn't really know what to expect. i'll use this up here and there and then try the hard candy primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by cmcgonigle

I never ever write reviews, but I was really impressed with this product! Yes the tint may look a little dark but it blends really well and it's not noticable under your regular color foundation. Make sure to moisturize your skin prior to using any makeup, wait about 30 seconds to allow your skin to absorb the moisturizer and then apply the primer and make up. This product is excellent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried so many different primers, low and high end, and this is the ONLY one I have ever repurchased (I'm on my third tube). It does not turn my face orange, as it seems to on others. I have a feeling those people are maybe very pale... so maybe if you are fair, it will appear orange. On my skin it vanishes, leaving my skin looking somehow more even and brighter. It sinks in like a lotion, not a typical silicone based primer. I'm not sure that it prolongs makeup wear thaat much on me.. but if definitely smooths skin and that is enough for me, especially for the price (cheap). Also, I think it smells awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by mblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros- cheap, good enough for every day wear if you aren't interested in wasting your studio fix on going to work.
does tame my oily t-zone, i didn't break out and im pretty sensitive, color adds some brightness. you only need a tiny bit.

cons- lasts about 5 hours, i wear stick foundation over it with powder to seal and after 5 hours like clockwork this begins to slide. not too good around eyes and mouth, tends to seep into lines, just avoid putting a lot in those spots. smells kinda like cough syrup.

really just average, everyday kinda primer, nothing magical about it but if you are doing something mundane and need just a few hours of coverage this is just fine. so don't waste your good stuff on that quick trip to the store, use this product instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by emilypembrook

I've never used a foundation primer of any sort, until my friend introduced me to them. I loved what it did for my makeup so I started researching different primers. I live in a small town where I'm limited to makeup, we have a few counters in our Dillard's and an Ulta--That's about it. I'm willing to spend a lot of money on makeup but I'm also willing to try cheaper alternatives before I go and break bank. I watched a million youtube videos and Emily Noel seemed to be totally hooked on this product. I found it at my drugstore and decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE.

First off, I hate that it doesnt give you any idea of what the actual color of the product really is, and makes you think it's going to be super light considering the shade on the tube is 001.

Second, the color is awful. I have fair/medium skin and it made me pretty orange and didn't go away. Actually now that i think about it, it made me kinda red too.

Third, I didn't notice any real difference in quality or longevity of my foundation.

Thank God it was only like 6 bucks, otherwise I would have been super pissed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

I actually like the peach tone color of this primer as I feel like it provides a little brightening to my skin and I don't have any problems with it discoloring or being noticeable since I have a light tan complexion.
I haven't had any problems with it breaking out my skin although by itself it helps my foundation apply smoother and stay longer than normal but I wasn't fully impressed with it. I actually combine this primer with hard candy's sheer envy primer (just a tiny amount of each) and I find I like the consistency and the staying power when put together.