Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Talc, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Gossypium Herbaceum Powder (Cotton), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

This is the first primer/corrector I have tried, and I am really glad I tried it! As others have said, it does have an orange-y look to it right out of the tube. As you smooth it on though, the color seems to fade and just becomes a nice "glow". This stuff keeps my mineral foundation in place all day. When it is time to wash off my makeup before bed, I look in the mirror and I'm amazed at how good my foundation still looks, usually 12-14 hours after I applied it! Sometimes I still have to blot once during the day, especially if I get warm. Another big plus for me is it minimizes the pores around/on my nose. That is great for me, since I have almost "orange peel" pores in that area. I just bought my second tube of this and plan to keep using it as long as it's available. Note to Rimmel: don't DC this, please!

Usually, I'm not a fan of primers. I've found that they don't typically work well for my oily skin. I had read a few reviews in various make up blogs about this primer. I figured for the price, I may as well try it. I was very surprised the first day I wore this that my make up actually lasted all day and didn't appear oily! I'll definitely be buying this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first bought this and tried it out, I really disliked it because of the consistency - it's more like a lotion than a gel or serum like most primers. I pulled it out maybe months after and I have been using it ever since. Yes, it is an orangey color but it DISAPPEARS ON YOUR SKIN. I don't understand why people are complaining about that. Use less, duh. I don't have many primers to compare it to; I've only tried the Revlon Beyond Natural and VS's Pro Airbrush FX, but it seems just fine. I use this as a moisturizer and a primer. It does it's job and also smells nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had real bad brakeouts from this primer so I had to return it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really like this primer. It is not as good as smashbox photofinish light, but its not as expensive either. I payed $5 for this at cvs. At first the color is scary bc its a peacy orange. Dont fret, once applied it is colorless. Actually gave me a slight glow. It held my foundation in place all day. I was a tad oily, but just blotted a little through out the day. Formula is light weight, and smells decent. Over all, not to shabby for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Pretty alright foundation primer. I really liked the smell, it's so kissable! When I saw the colour, in my head I was like, "Oh dang, how is this going to work?" So I applied this to my face and surprisingly I saw NO orange colour left on my face. You guys are just not applying this correctly, you're most likely using TOO MUCH! A little goes a long way my friends. I found that this actually stopped the space between my eyebrows (which is the only part of my face that ever gets at little oily) from getting pimples which was being caused from my foundations. It smoothed out my skin. However I didn't really see a difference at the end of the day, I couldn't really tell if this worked or not, but it sure as hell made my foundations that NEVER stay on for at least an hour...STAY! It may not have day through night effects but I like it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm not really sure if this does anything other than make my face feel really smooth.. I do like that though! :)

I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm going to say its good for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was dissapointed with this product for several reasons. #1 it did not help to make my foundation last longer in any way. 2. I noticed my makeup appeared more cakey right away. 3. This made my already oily skin get extremely oily almost instantly after I applied my makeup. #4. My skin started to break out the very first day I used this. I do not know exactly what this product is supposed to be used for but it is not good as a primer. In my personal opinion... I guess this might could work for someone with very dry skin, who needs that extra glow...? But it did not work for me. It was about $7 at CVS. You need to INVEST in a good primer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is terrible! I would have been better off just putting my foundation on without a base! when you squeeze it out of the tube, it is orange- and I found that it actually did change the color of my foundation to make it more orange. It also accentuated my pores and made my skin look extremely oily, as well as made my foundation slick off and just look terrible. Someone on Youtube compared this to Smashbox's primer- it does not at all compare.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This primer didn't turn my face orange or anything crazy like that. The smell is fine and the consistency is nice. I just felt like it didn't do much for me. I compared it to Avon's Magix Primer. I like the Avon one better. My foundation seemed to last the same way it would without a primer. I'm just not sold on this product.

Popular Primer/ Correctors