July 24, 2014 | 1296 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ladylaughalott

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HATE IT!! This junk turned my face orange...too bad that you can't see this funky color BEFORE you buy it! I guess this would be okay for someone with a less pale complexion, but it is horrid on my fair skin. I was hoping that my foundation would cover it up and look okay but no such luck. Save your money, ladies, and skip the expensive high-end primers, too. Go buy some Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel made by the Monistat people, it runs circles around everything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well, i never really noticed if this really prolonged the wear of my foundation, since i don't use that much. i did notice that it doesn't keep my skin from getting oily though. that, and it turns my foundation orange and makes it look like i'm wearing the wrong shade!! :/

on the pros, i did like the smell...but that's about it. this was my first primer, so i didn't really know what to expect. i'll use this up here and there and then try the hard candy primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by cmcgonigle

I never ever write reviews, but I was really impressed with this product! Yes the tint may look a little dark but it blends really well and it's not noticable under your regular color foundation. Make sure to moisturize your skin prior to using any makeup, wait about 30 seconds to allow your skin to absorb the moisturizer and then apply the primer and make up. This product is excellent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried so many different primers, low and high end, and this is the ONLY one I have ever repurchased (I'm on my third tube). It does not turn my face orange, as it seems to on others. I have a feeling those people are maybe very pale... so maybe if you are fair, it will appear orange. On my skin it vanishes, leaving my skin looking somehow more even and brighter. It sinks in like a lotion, not a typical silicone based primer. I'm not sure that it prolongs makeup wear thaat much on me.. but if definitely smooths skin and that is enough for me, especially for the price (cheap). Also, I think it smells awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by mblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros- cheap, good enough for every day wear if you aren't interested in wasting your studio fix on going to work.
does tame my oily t-zone, i didn't break out and im pretty sensitive, color adds some brightness. you only need a tiny bit.

cons- lasts about 5 hours, i wear stick foundation over it with powder to seal and after 5 hours like clockwork this begins to slide. not too good around eyes and mouth, tends to seep into lines, just avoid putting a lot in those spots. smells kinda like cough syrup.

really just average, everyday kinda primer, nothing magical about it but if you are doing something mundane and need just a few hours of coverage this is just fine. so don't waste your good stuff on that quick trip to the store, use this product instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by emilypembrook

I've never used a foundation primer of any sort, until my friend introduced me to them. I loved what it did for my makeup so I started researching different primers. I live in a small town where I'm limited to makeup, we have a few counters in our Dillard's and an Ulta--That's about it. I'm willing to spend a lot of money on makeup but I'm also willing to try cheaper alternatives before I go and break bank. I watched a million youtube videos and Emily Noel seemed to be totally hooked on this product. I found it at my drugstore and decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE.

First off, I hate that it doesnt give you any idea of what the actual color of the product really is, and makes you think it's going to be super light considering the shade on the tube is 001.

Second, the color is awful. I have fair/medium skin and it made me pretty orange and didn't go away. Actually now that i think about it, it made me kinda red too.

Third, I didn't notice any real difference in quality or longevity of my foundation.

Thank God it was only like 6 bucks, otherwise I would have been super pissed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

I actually like the peach tone color of this primer as I feel like it provides a little brightening to my skin and I don't have any problems with it discoloring or being noticeable since I have a light tan complexion.
I haven't had any problems with it breaking out my skin although by itself it helps my foundation apply smoother and stay longer than normal but I wasn't fully impressed with it. I actually combine this primer with hard candy's sheer envy primer (just a tiny amount of each) and I find I like the consistency and the staying power when put together.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

1. Caused a breakout and left my skin irritated.
2. It felt nice but didn't make my foundation last longer, it actually made it slide off my face.
3. Threw it away because I didn't want to be tempted to put it on my face again, although when I had it, it made a decent eyelid primer.
4. I don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by speechiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

All of the primers I have tried in the past have been terrible for my dry skin, they would only emphasise problem areas and cause flakiness all over my face, making it harder to apply foundation. This is the only one that actually does what a primer is suppose to do without exacerbating my dry areas. It smooths my skin and prevents dryness, fills in pores and gives some colour correction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this out for over a week now to make sure I could give it a thorough review. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this, but I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I use this after my moisturizer in the morning. (If you have oilier skin you might not have to, but I have very dry skin and I find that it goes on better if I use moisturizer first.) I've used this with liquid foundation and with my favorite mineral foundation. It keeps my foundation looking good all day long, even on days when I end up wearing it over 12 hrs. Normally after that long my makeup wears off and I look a little shiny on my forehead. I've heard some people say that this makes their skin look orange, I don't think it would if you use a moisturizer first and don't use too much. I'm VERY fair (so fair that I have trouble finding foundations pale enough in some brands; I wear the next to the lightest shade in loreal true match.), but this is more like a tinted moisturizer on me. At most it makes my face maybe half a shade darker. It makes my skin look healthier and evens out minor imperfections. When I use this I really only feel like I need a little concealer under my eyes. This also makes my skin feel softer and smoother. Lastly, this keeps my makeup from settling into my fine lines (I noticed that starting to happen almost the day I turned 20.. :P). To sum it up, I think this is a great product. I think it would work for pretty much anyone and I will definitely repurchase it.