April 24, 2014 | 1570 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

I actually like the peach tone color of this primer as I feel like it provides a little brightening to my skin and I don't have any problems with it discoloring or being noticeable since I have a light tan complexion.
I haven't had any problems with it breaking out my skin although by itself it helps my foundation apply smoother and stay longer than normal but I wasn't fully impressed with it. I actually combine this primer with hard candy's sheer envy primer (just a tiny amount of each) and I find I like the consistency and the staying power when put together.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

1. Caused a breakout and left my skin irritated.
2. It felt nice but didn't make my foundation last longer, it actually made it slide off my face.
3. Threw it away because I didn't want to be tempted to put it on my face again, although when I had it, it made a decent eyelid primer.
4. I don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by speechiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

All of the primers I have tried in the past have been terrible for my dry skin, they would only emphasise problem areas and cause flakiness all over my face, making it harder to apply foundation. This is the only one that actually does what a primer is suppose to do without exacerbating my dry areas. It smooths my skin and prevents dryness, fills in pores and gives some colour correction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this out for over a week now to make sure I could give it a thorough review. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this, but I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I use this after my moisturizer in the morning. (If you have oilier skin you might not have to, but I have very dry skin and I find that it goes on better if I use moisturizer first.) I've used this with liquid foundation and with my favorite mineral foundation. It keeps my foundation looking good all day long, even on days when I end up wearing it over 12 hrs. Normally after that long my makeup wears off and I look a little shiny on my forehead. I've heard some people say that this makes their skin look orange, I don't think it would if you use a moisturizer first and don't use too much. I'm VERY fair (so fair that I have trouble finding foundations pale enough in some brands; I wear the next to the lightest shade in loreal true match.), but this is more like a tinted moisturizer on me. At most it makes my face maybe half a shade darker. It makes my skin look healthier and evens out minor imperfections. When I use this I really only feel like I need a little concealer under my eyes. This also makes my skin feel softer and smoother. Lastly, this keeps my makeup from settling into my fine lines (I noticed that starting to happen almost the day I turned 20.. :P). To sum it up, I think this is a great product. I think it would work for pretty much anyone and I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by imunbalanced

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alrighty, MU novice here, so I'll say off the bat that this is my first and only primer I've tried. After doing some pretty extensive makeup research I discovered that there is this lovely little product called primer that is apparently absolutely amazing. I kept trying to find a drugstore version for oily skin, but all articles said if you have oily skin (which I'm blessed with =D), primer is a must. Unable to find one specifically for oily skin and then after venturing through target and HEB I could only find this and one other I decided to return after reading the reviews on it from my acne-prone/oily brethren. Since I don't have the budget right now to test various primers I am very happy with this one. It does help MU go on very smoothly and look far nicer. I experimented with putting primer on one side of my face and not the other and I could see the difference. The only down side is it does nada for oil. I do want to point out that it did NOT make me any more oily and so far after a few days of wearing it I have not broken out at all which was my other fear. I have a light medium beige tone and I have not noticed my face go orangey. Unless something goes horribly wrong I'll update. For now I am very happy with this primer and will stick with it until I can afford a better one that does the job even better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tiger_mouse

This is the first I've tried so I think I may have been easily impressed. It made my foundation glide on more easily so delicate under eye skin wasn't pulled but that can be achieved with any light, silicone based moisturizer. It made my pores look a little smaller (maybe?) but it was probably just my Clinique Even Better foundation. It did make my foundation last longer, and by that I mean it looked fresher towards the end of the day. I agree somewhat about the strange color. I only use a small amount and it doesn't interfere too much but I think it would work better if it were colourless. The cheap price is excellent for what i imagine to be a rather superfluous product for a lot of people.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by krk1shadow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product a little over a week. I gave 5 stars because my pores do look noticeably smaller and skin feels soft. I probably should have taken a point off for the orange color (it blends pretty well in my skin, but I can see how if might be a problem for some).

I didn't even need to use foundation today because my skin looked good enough to go without. I find that when I put a little bronzer/blush on over this, it makes my pores even less noticeable. Some days I have used this product along with Loreal Skin Genesis.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a painful cystic pimple on my chin after 1 use of this. Granted, I am getting closer to that time of the month but I really think it was this.

Also counted off of packaging because mine at least had no protective cover on it in the store. You could just open it right up. None of the ones I saw had a protective seal. Yes the tube screws open but...still.

Hopefully I can return this. I was dumb and threw away the receipt thinking "I'll keep it, I want a primer", not thinking about the possibility it would break me out IMMEDIATELY.

And it's weird it's orange too. It's darker than my foundation. I'm very pale.

Skip this one, ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by emilieb84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer based on the reviews that I have seen on YouTube and the fact that I can just get it at my local drugstore. I was disappointed with this product for a couple of reason, first it made my dry patches show a lot more than if I just used the foundation alone, second It left my skin with an orange tint for a couple days after I used it (this I notice after I washed and took off my makeup), and final but not least It made me breakout like a mad woman!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I am so glad I got this for free in a swap. This stuff super sucks. I was really excited that more drugstore brands are starting to carry primers as I don't want to spend $30 for them in Sephora. This stuff left a weird "cast" on my face and it did not hold my makeup on at all.

I found a great place for it though in my room...my trash can.