January 30, 2015 | 2107 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Johnson's Baby Oil is just light mineral oil (YUCK!) with a fragrance. A fantastic fragrance true! But mineral oil is an inorganic substance and actually dries out skin - so this product will not moisturize of itself. It will help keep moisture in but it's not a good oil for the skin and cannot be absorbed. Leave it for the machinists. I think someone was looking for an unscented version - just buy light mineral oil.

There's so many other good and good-for-your-skin oils that work, and most nut or plant oils mixed with water on a cotton pad will remove makeup just as well. My girlfriend was always complaining about her dry itchy skin and how much baby oil she needed to use. When I told her it was probably the baby oil she switched to a hemp oil lotion and her dry skin immediately improved.

Friendlier oils for your skin are grape seed, apricot kernel, olive, sesame, jojoba, coconut, etc. I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THE BEST eye makeup remover when mixed with water on a kleenex. I certainly will never use anything else--it'd be foolish especially when you can get a HUGE bottle inexpensively!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Klazina

After using this for a while I realy felt I had to change my review on this product.
As a make up remover it works very well, effective and gentle. But as it does not sink in skin it just lays on your face after. So I do not believe it realy cleanes skin and you realy should remove it with warm cloth and use a good cleanser afterwards. I only use it for that purpose the few time I wear a lot of make up with a good cleanser afterwards. As a body lotion I think it only works well when your skin is moist after shower or bathing bc it does not add moisture but only seales it in.
The reason I give it 5 lippies is bc it solved my 'after waxing prob'. After waxing I always have a hard time to get of wax residu and my skin is always very red.
This oil realy solves both. It gently removes wax and after 1 hour the redness is gone. Great!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just greasy and a general mess overall. Did not seem to do anything for me, and just sat on my skin. The bottle was constantly slippery no matter how careful I was with dispesing this. I will stick with lotion moisturizers from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by JnePearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use " clinique take the day off makeup remover" but the price was just too much for me. 20 bucks a bottle!! ...and after reading some of the post here, i decided to use baby oil instead. But using it alone was just wayyy too greasy, so i finished up my bottle of clinque, went out and bought a bottle of baby oil and filled it up half way, and the rest with water. IT works brilliantly, i honestly cannot tell the difference between this and clinique. It works for me! and for only what? 2 bucks? ..hehe..im happy ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LoriRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I HAVE THIS IN THE VIT E AND ALOE VERSION. I use the every morning after my shower and my skin always stays soft. I have dry skin and have tried everything under the sun, and this is diff the best thing out there. Just a little in the morning all over, blot dry and your skin stays soft and young looking all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love to add a few drops of Baby Oil to my shampoo for added shine. i use three drops, but i have waist-length hair. three drops seem to be a good quantity for me... anymore and my hair gets a little greasy. i also occasionally smooth some on my just-shaved legs before i go to bed. i feel a little greasy during the night, but in the morning my skin is soft. i wouldn't recommend using it on broken skin, though.

one huge problem i have with the Baby Oil is that the bottle sweats constantly. every time i touch the bottle, i am covered in oil. my cabinet around where it sits is covered in oil. it's annoying.

i've heard of people using Baby Oil as a makeup remover with great results. all in all, i think Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil is a great multi-purpose product that is very affordable (i believe my bottle was about $3). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2004 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Leighna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great for removing make up before bed time. Using a damp cotton ball and baby oil my eye make up just slides off without me having to tug at the sensitive skin around the eyes. I will probably never buy a make up remover ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2004 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sweetandsappy

I bought this product in the hopes it would make my skin super-soft. It took hours to absorb and I hated the smell. Any regular body lotion works way better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this on the ends of my super-dry, super-frizzy hair and it really makes my hair look healthy! It works better than any de-frizzing serum! Bilosilk Silk Therapy IS a good product, but Baby Oil just seems easier and much less expensive.