August 28, 2014 | 1332 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I started using this almost two months ago and it has changed the way I see myself! I have stupid scars along my smile lines that I hate and this product really helps fill them in and blend them. I was using Bare Minerals but I found it came off too easily with my oily skin. After trying this, I checked out Halo Hydrating Powder and was hooked on both! My skin looks so much better. I find the primer protects your skin from the harsh pollutants in the world. I find my skin tone has really improved with the two Smashbox products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth01

This is my HG face product - I don't leave the house without it! First I apply my day face cream (with SPF) and then I apply this, and before it "sets" I apply my foundation with a foundation brush. My pores look so much smaller and my skin looks so smooth. I find that this product not only allows foundation/blush/highlighter to apply more smoothly but it also keeps them put all day long.

I have also tried this product in the "corrective" green formula but IMO I did not notice much of a difference. You really only need a small amount of this primer, and when applied in a thin layer the green is not concentrated enough to visibly reduce redness.

Additonally, I have tried the CoverFX primer, the QUO primer, the GOSH primer and the Revlon primer, and none work as well as this one.

I will buy over and over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by tigerkim345

great stuff, it really smooths out my skin and my friend complimented how soft my skin looked :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by vampyre

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't use the other smashbox primers due to an allergy and in theory this product isn't the one for dry skin like mine. However I absolutely love it! It gives a lovely velvety texture to my skin and provides an excellent makeup base. Really pleased to have found this works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by manduhzsecret

Its a good primer for now. I wouldn't say its the best and I will still be searching for the best primer after I finish this one. I bought this because the normal photo finish primer was to oily for me this definitely wasn't oily at all it just smoothed out my skin but Im not like amazed so I might try something different after I finished the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by momo0604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

if you are very oily around your t zone area, this product alone is not enough. I used this product alone before i discovered anti-shine, and my t zone is still shinning after an hour of putting on my makeup. this product and anti-shine together work much better. i already purchased a second bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by michellesuzanne

This product made me breakout so badly. I stopped using it and the acne cleared right up. It does not seem to make that much of a difference in the look or feel of makeup either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

Very impressed with this so far. Will have to see how it holds up in the summer though.

It's light, non-greasy, and does that it says. I was skeptical but bout it at the advice of the BE gal at my Ulta. I'm glad I did.

Everything irritates my skin so I'm surprised I can use this, but I can.

Wish it was less expensive. I hope the bottle lasts a long time (I think it will and I don't wear MU every day) because I can't afford to drop that much very often.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SageWisdom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Primer. Years ago I tried the Original Primer it gave my Combination/ Oily skin such horrible results. Primer Light works well w/ my skin type coupled with the FX Foundation. I've also tried it w/ some left over Bobbi Brown Foundation stick which gave same results... even coverage. Not sure if I would use this w/ BE's Mineral Makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kikblanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin that tends to break out if I don't use the right products. After reading so many reviews about how primers improve the look of your makeup and control oil, I decided I just had to try it! I started doing some research and pretty much came to the conclusion that the best primers were known to cause breakouts in people with fickle skin. I read awesome reviews about Smashbox Photo Finish, so I was very excited when I was in Sephora one day and saw that they had a "light" version for people with oily/acne prone skin. Of course, I didn't purchase until I checked out the reviews here. After reading many positive reviews from people with skin like mine, I went on ebay and got a full-size bottle for $24 including shipping.

I have been using this for over 2 months now and can say with confidence that it has not caused any breakouts. In fact, if I use foundation (I use Revlon Colorstay) without using the primer first, I notice that my pores are more clogged at the end of the day when I remove the makeup. It definitely leaves a nicer finish and does control some oil. This is in no way a miracle. I'm sure the regular Photo Finish is much better, but for those who don't want to risk breakouts, this is definitely a good option. Do not buy it at Sephora though, there are some better deals on ebay.