Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 5/7/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Prior to buying this, I had tried Gosh and Quo's primers and they were not working for me. I finally decided to buy Smashbox and I was pleased that my foundation was finally able to go on smoothly! However, it doesn't keep my foundation on as long as Gosh or Quo does, but I returned those because they were making me flake. Quo was making me break out. Smashbox didn't make me break out and it was relatively good at making my make up go on smoothly. However, it's very expensive... wish there was an alternative. But in the absence of an alternative, I will definitely purchase again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best primer I've used so far. It makes my skin feel so soft and my makeup goes on really smoothly. The only problem is the price so I reserve it for special occasions.

on 4/22/2009 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff - best thing ever. I have oily acne prone skin and since using this combined with my bare minerals mineral foundation - i have never looked better.

Definitely will buy again, and cant recommend this highly enough.

on 4/14/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to use Smashbox's regular primer (the clear one) before they came up with this. I have acne prone skin so I'm glad there is an oil free version now. Just as it says on the bottle, this leaves a refreshing feeling (a cooling sensation) when you put it on. Its texture is not as silky smooth as the original version, but if you leave it on your face for a minute or so, it will eventually feel silky on your face.

Works just as well as the regular version. The foundation applies easily and stays on.

on 4/11/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After using primer, now I can't apply make up without it. Primers make my makeup application so much smoother and it does seem to make it last longer. I stick with Photo Finish Light because it is very good to my acne-prone skin. They may be better primers out there, but I'm sticking to this light formula because it works without breaking me out.

on 4/11/2009 2:23:00 PM

I am just using up what I have left of this product. It really didn't seem to do much for my skin. I thought it would help smooth out my skin so that my pores were less visible. It didn't help with that, but it does feel kind of cool on my skin.

on 4/7/2009 10:59:00 AM

I have very oily skin, but It didn't really help for that. It helped my makeup apply nicer I guess. I had used this stuff for 3 months since it didn't seem to irritate my skin. Then out of the blue, it started to brake me out so bad. It took me a while to narrow it down to this. Stopped using a primer completely since I was doing fine without it. I'm using it again, but only under my eye. It really helps your under eye concealer last longer and not crease.

on 4/6/2009 1:31:00 AM

i tried to finish up this primer, im half way through now, but don't think i can stick to it anymore. this has done nothing to provide a smooth base or control oil, the texture is kind of silicone-feel and buttery, but does not moisturize neither. my bottle is probably going to the bin.

on 4/2/2009 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product worked really well for me but then I read a thread on specktra about it making people look lighter and so I tried another primer and realized that that's exactly what it was doing to me! All this time I thought I was that pale!

on 3/31/2009 1:31:00 PM

I've struggled with oily skin my entire life so I know that regardless of what a product claims to do nothing is ever going to be an end-all perfect product. This product is no exception. HOWEVER, it works better than anything else I've tried.

Although I still need to do touchups every so often I can tell that this product has significantly reduced the oil on my face. When I go to do touchups now they're minor. Before when I used to do touchups I felt like I should just do my makeup over again- it was that bad.

The bottle has also been designed so a small panel pushes the product up, so there is little to no waste. It's wonderful. Like I said before, it's not perfect but with oily skin nothing ever is. So don't expect the shine to completely vanish but expect it to be significantly reduced.

It is expensive but well worth it and it lasts a long time. Will be repurchasing!

Popular Primer/ Correctors