4.3

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 5/23/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried it because of Kandee Johnson suggested it. I just put a few drops on cotton pad add a few sugar and start scrubbing my face with that for about 5 minutes. Then, washed my face. It looked very good the first time. My skin tone got brighter and more even. However, after a few try, it's okay, just a good exfoliation, not much a of big difference of my skin tone. Also, every time I used this, I would find one or two itchy whiteheads in the following days, and that means the acidity had disturbed the pH balance (or the healthy bacterial flora) on my face.

on 5/17/2010 2:11:00 AM

Holy crap, this stuff WORKS. I am absolutely shocked. I NEVER would have dared to put pure lemon juice on my face if it wasn't for MUA! Thanks to everyone who has reviewed it before me!

I have just about every skin problem imaginable - sunspots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, oiliness, occasional flaky spots, bumps, blackheads, minor acne (taking Rx pills for that). Mostly I just try to cover it up evenly and hope for the best, but that sucks because the more makeup you wear the less natural your skin looks. Lemon juice has gone a long way towards helping me wear less makeup when I go out - and I've only been using it for a week or two now. I can't really explain the effect, just that it seems to give a light exfoliation while bleaching the spots and redness. It doesn't really whiten my skin too much - it just evens it out.

It does itch and sting for a while after I put it on, and my face is pink for about 10-15 minutes. I don't know if this is a good idea for people with rosacea or true sensitive skin. Otherwise though, unless you're very even-toned already, I would seriously recommend trying this.

***UPDATE***
It's still working just fine, though the effects are a little less noticeable now that my skin tone is more even overall. I find it works best if I take some time off now and then, like using it one week and not the next, and stopping use if my face gets too dry (it seems to soak up oil really well) or if I've just done a glycolic peel. I always use fresh-squeezed lemon juice I keep in the fridge - haven't tried the bottled kind, so I don't know if it makes a difference.

***UPDATE***
I haven't used it for a few months now. Maybe I'll try it again if my skin starts to look a little uneven. I don't think this is something you need to use all the time, just in short bursts.

on 5/10/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I had a traumatising experience with lemon. I was using it for a while & it seemed to work, my skin was brighter & a little even tone.

But one day I had an itchy reaction the evening I used it & the next morning woke up with all these tiny white heads on my chin. I could've counted about 30ish whiteheads. I freaked out & tried to pop them all & ended up having these red bumps on my chin for a week. & a couple of them scarred due to my popping.

I must've using it excessingly that day - maybe I rubbed it into my skin rather than glide it over. Or that lemon may have been really potent. =(

on 5/10/2010 10:59:00 PM

I'm reading a few reviews about lemon juice and they all have positive outcomes for that individual reviewer. Yes, lemon juice will ultimately help your skin become more radiant, and healthier because it's acid withers away the dead skin cells on the surface, improves elasticity, allowing new skin cells underneath to develop. Just think of a regular scar that you could get from scraping your knee. There's a scab and underneath that scab a new layer of skin is formed and the old one is pealed off.

It does help get rid of pimples and scars, but don't expect drastic changes overnight. This will take weeks to months but changes will appear and your skin will look 70% better.
You'd have to apply this everyday, leave it on for 10-15(recommended time) minutes and wash it off. Leaving it on for too long may irritate your skin. But that depends on your skin type. I have very sensitive skin so I just leave it on for 15 minutes. Some people leave it on for the night. It's your choice..
Also drinking a glass of water with lemon juice also helps you internally.

on 5/10/2010 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So I was browsing through the product reviews and was very intrigued by the high rating for lemon juice. Lemon juice! I have a bottle of juice in my fridge, so I figured why not try it out?

I have been using a cotton pad to apply lemon juice to my T-zone, chin, and any blemishes (avoiding dry areas of my face) right after I wash my face in the evening. Once it dries, I apply my night serum as usual. It's been a couple weeks, I'm surprised to say I think its making a difference in my skin. Overall my skin appears much more luminous, and blemishes appear to be going away more quickly (still using my BP to spot treat as well). Also, the may be a tiiiiiiny reduction in the oiliness of my face, but that be the cool weather. My skin is pretty darn tough, so I've has no issues with peeling at all.

I mean, if its sitting in your fridge, why not? Lemon juice is not going to replace any products in my skin routine, but it is a great compliment. Just be careful if you have sensitive skin, it is citric acid after all.

This stuff is my HG toner. It works great! I use it every morning and night after cleansing my face. I apply it all over my face with a cotton ball, avoiding my eyebrows and hairline(It can bleach hair!). I do not rinse it off. I wait about 5 minutes or until my face doesn't look wet for the lemon juice to absosrb into my skin. Then, I apply moisturizer all over my face. I squeeze my own lemon juice. I tried the bottle version, but it doesn't work as well and isn't 100% pure lemon juice. It's been about a week and I've seen a dramatic difference in my skin. It has faded several of my sun spots and reduced my acne greatly. I used to have several small, skin-colored clusters of zits in the center of my forehead, and now I have less than half that I used to have. My pores seem a tiny bit smaller, but my pores aren't that big to begin with. I like to use this on ingrown hairs as well and it works! Just apply it over the ingrown hairs. Then why only four lippies? It stings a LOT when you put it on, like an unbearable itch that you can't scratch(But it wear off in about 5 minutes), dries out my skin(that can be fixed by using a richer moisturizer) and my face feels a little sticky if I'm in a rush and don't have time to wait for the lemon juice to completely absorb. The catch is that it doesn't TREAT pimples, it only PREVENTS them. So while your current pimples are healing, the lemon juice prevents any new ones from forming. However, it does bring the sebum to the surface of the skin, so those who wish to can easily extract them. OVERALL, I would recommend this to a friend.

on 3/7/2010 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I used the bottle version.
I heard about this from a youtube video. So I put some lemon juice in my cleanser and also used it on my elbow ( ones dark the other is normal lol) I find it a hassle because I always forget the lemon juice in my fridge. Do you guys keep it in the fridge?
I hope I remember to use it. I wanna use up the bottle I have. And after seeing all the great reviews I want to use it more now. I think I will use it as a toner instead off in my cleanser.
WISH ME LUCK AND CLEARER SKIN
UPDATE:
I think its working and its only day 2. my skin looks brighter and my spots look lighter. I cant beleve a 99cent lemon did this sooo fast and i been using proactive skin lighting lotion for like a month and it has not done as much as this.

on 3/7/2010 6:45:00 PM

i would have never thought that lemon juice would make zits go away. but after reading such great reviews on MUA i decided to try it. i rarely break out, and when i do its bad :( so i bought this when i broke out from my period a couple days ago. ive been using it everyday at night, and in the morning with sunscreen and im amazed by how well it works. after 2 days my skin was clear!! it does make my skin really sensative though, but i use cerave moisturizing lotion and my skin is fine. im so happy that i finally found something to make my skin clear up faster. :)

on 2/20/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using lemon juice on my face for about a week now. It's cleared up my skin by about 85% so far!! After applying it, I use Aubrey Organics Aloe Vera to prevent it from drying out my skin. This is working VERY well. Make sure NOT to touch your face throughout the day, this is one of the most important things in preventing new pimples from forming!

on 2/19/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OH MY GOSH! I absolutly am in LOVE with this stuff!!! First of all let me tell you how I use it. I first wash my face, then I take straight lemon juice, (from one of those lemon shaped bottles) put it on a cotton ball, and rub it all over my face. The of course I moisturize. Now I wasn't really expecting to much from this, but after only the first night, some of my acne was gone! And now it is night 4 and it has dried up alot of my acne, reduced blackheads, and even controled my oil levels! I will be using lemon juice for a very very long time!

Popular Treatments (Face)