October 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the "test drive" I gave it in Sephora. I squeezed a tiny amount from the tester onto the back of my left hand, rubbed gently for a few seconds (with no water, even!), wiped off with a tissue then compared to the back of my right hand. A very noticeable difference between the now "younger" left hand, and the "not as young anymore" right hand. Sold!!

I'm on my third night of using this product and am enjoying the results. I prefer to wash first with Phil's Purity cleanser so that I can remove my eye makeup, too. I rinse off the Purity but leave my face wet, put about a nickel-size amount of the exfoliating wash in my hand, then apply to my face.

The grains are very fine and are not scratchy, but I still rub my face gently. It foams up nicely, has almost no scent (that I can detect), and rinses off completely. My face is so smooth when I'm done and doesn't look red or irritated.

I like the squeeze bottle because it's not too stiff and the product dispenses with little effort. I only gave it 4 lippies for now because it's only been a few days so I cannot say at this time "it's the best". But for now, this product is officially a part of my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have already tried and liked the Philosophy microdelivery peel - it makes my skin so soft and smooth, but unfortunately I can't do that every day. So I thought I'd try the cleanser as a way to help maintain the peel results...victory! Washing my face with this before putting on makeup is just about as good as going to the trouble of doing the peel, and is faster, easier, and cheaper (though $25 for a cleanser is still pricey). Anyway after cleansing with this, my makeup goes on like a dream and my skin feels great! I have also noticed that, although I am very oily, I hardly have to blot all day since I started using this. I also think it helps my makeup last all day. I have been using this once a day for a few weeks with no irritation (although I do not have sensitive skin) and have noticed nothing but good things for my skin. Yes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is absolutely great for dealing with flaky skin caused by treatments such as retinoids or azelex for me. It is also great for exfoliating the body. It seems expensive, but a quarter size amount is enough for my face, neck, and delcollete. Although it exfoliates gently, it is not drying in the least, but I only use it once a day per the directions. I would highly recommend this for anyone who needs gently daily exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this scrub A LOT! I mean I really really like this scrub a lot! its super fine, and leaves your face super smooth and fine and you can tell how well its scrubbed your face. Its really like a home microdermabrasion, and the price is right- i really really like this scrub A LOT, did I say that already? This will always be in my shower.I love the lathering foam, not soapy, just smooth. And not overly creamy - I hate creamy scrubs, but it takes the "scrub" out. this rinses totally clean- love it! HG material

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by LOVEMETWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was buying the $60 microdelivery peel(which I LOVE). I just can't get over how well the microdelivery face wash works on my face, for only $25 a bottle! You only need a little tiny bit for your whole face. This stuff will last forever. I will always have this in my shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 5:28:00 AM More reviews by lollygirlbris

Absolutely love this cleanser! It makes my skin glow. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently started using a retinoid and my skin is starting to go through the 'flakies' stage so this stuff is an absolute Godsend. It not only cleans my face in the morning, but makes my skin a nice soft and smooth canvas for putting on my makeup in the morning. Even though this feels quite gentle, it easily banishes any flakey areas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved it until it broke me out =(...My skin was smooth to the touch..the kind of smooth where you cant stop touching your skin to see just how smooth it is..I actually contemplated using off and on ( in denial) but yes this caused me to breakout...better luck to you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

A great exfoliator! This has really mild micro-mini beads. Finer, even, than most of the aluminum crystals out there. AND, sometimes you get a scrub that exfoliates, but leaves a film behind, and you have to rewash. This cleanser, however, washes very clean, leaving soft, clear skin. It's fast and skin friendly. Love it. Another staple in my arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product, honestly. I ordered it online, and waited practically forever for it to arrive. I became so impatient, and maybe it was in that waiting time that, in my mind, I made this cleanser into this amazingly-fantastic-skin-perfecting dream product that it doesn't even come close to being. I like how it is fragrance-free, but, then again, I don't mind it if cleansers have a mild scent. I do like the packaging, but it isn't anything spectacular. But, these things aside, the cleanser really wasn't any miracle product. I actually would have been happier with this cleanser if it had managed to do nothing to my skin at all, but that is not the case. The first few days I used it I was fine. But after a week or so I got these little pimples around my chin (and I very rarely breakout around my chin). I stopped using it, switching back to my possibly-HG Aveda cleanser, and my skin cleared back up. I admit, that this did soften and smooth my skin slightly, but nothing dramatically different or special than from what cheaper products can do. I don't want to waste this, considering that it was expensive for a face wash, so I am using it as a twice-a-week scrub, because it doesn't seem to break me out when used just occasionaly. Maybe this cleanser just didn't agree with my type of skin (slightly combination, can be acne prone at times, but besides that, my skin is pretty much normal), because most of you seem to love this cleanser, but it's just not the cleanser for me.
UPDATE: I am changing my rating from 2 lippies to 3 lippies. This stuff now seems to make my skin very soft and smooth. I like how it lathers up nicely, too. Still not one of my favorites though, but definately not a bad exfoliating cleanser, either.