Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Add me to the fans of this product! Im always in search of the perfect scrub, and I think Ive found it :) and I will stop looking! And seriously, $25 for 8oz isnt bad if the product is really effective. The consistency is like a clear watery gel with a perfect amount of microscrubbers in it. It also foams a little, but isnt drying. I only need a dime-sized amount for my face so it should last. Im an exfoliating maniac (its the key to keeping my skin clear) so I use this AM and PM without any irritation. I dont detect any fragrance either. holy grail potential here!

on 11/18/2007 6:05:00 PM

This is a really good product for an everyday scrub. I have normal/combo skin and was told by the salesperson that I probably didn't need to use it everyday, twice a day and to use it am and purity cleanser pm. It has really nice fine particles which actually feels like it is scrubbing (not too harshly) unlike some other scrubs with big particles in it that just feels like it is going over the skin. Afterwards my skin does feel smoother. After continuous use it does make my skin not feel clogged up and if i'm bad and i get lazy and don't use this as often I can actually see my face get dull. And also i can feel my moisturisers not sink into my skin as well as it does when i regularly exfoliate. Pleasant enough smell of the product too. Didn't make me break out afterwards or anything, in fact i concentrate around my nose area with this product and it does smooth out and reduce the size of my pores there by regular exfoliating it and cleaning it out properly. Really good cleanser. Just don't scrub too hard or you will get red skin!

on 11/8/2007 3:26:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Period. This was my first Philosophy product (mainly thanks to the glowing MUA reviews) and I am so glad I bought this. Gentle enough to use every day, but actually seems to tighten (in a good way, not a 'dry' tight feeling, but a young and smooth 'wiping away all my hassles' kind of way), clarify, and generally brighten my skin.

I look forward to seeing the continued results of this cleanser, this is HG status and in combination with the Purity cleanser (which I have also reviewed) I'm pretty sure my skincare cleanser search is over!

on 10/31/2007 12:57:00 PM

I just tried a sample of this and I love it. This is in the top three along with Dermalogica's Microfoliant and Stila Petal Infusions Scrub. The crystals are the finest I have ever seen in an exfoliator but maybe I am too used to the gentleness of the Microfoliant because it seems a little too harsh almost. But I just rub gently. After bad experiences with Hope in a Jar and Hope in a Tube, I was about to give up on Philosophy but its a good thing I didn't or I never would have found this.

on 10/28/2007 12:54:00 PM

I like that this scrub has really fine particles and lathers somewhat when I use it, but my face has a weird texture when I'm finished. My skin doesn't feel smooth like when I use my St. Ives scrub. Also, like the vast majority of Philosophy skincare products, I loathe the smell. I am sure if they invested some money into their product line, they could come out with some unscented facial products...At any rate, given the price and skin texture I'm left with, I won't be using or purchasing again.

on 10/28/2007 2:11:00 AM

I bought this product because of the "test drive" I gave it in Sephora. I squeezed a tiny amount from the tester onto the back of my left hand, rubbed gently for a few seconds (with no water, even!), wiped off with a tissue then compared to the back of my right hand. A very noticeable difference between the now "younger" left hand, and the "not as young anymore" right hand. Sold!!

I'm on my third night of using this product and am enjoying the results. I prefer to wash first with Phil's Purity cleanser so that I can remove my eye makeup, too. I rinse off the Purity but leave my face wet, put about a nickel-size amount of the exfoliating wash in my hand, then apply to my face.

The grains are very fine and are not scratchy, but I still rub my face gently. It foams up nicely, has almost no scent (that I can detect), and rinses off completely. My face is so smooth when I'm done and doesn't look red or irritated.

I like the squeeze bottle because it's not too stiff and the product dispenses with little effort. I only gave it 4 lippies for now because it's only been a few days so I cannot say at this time "it's the best". But for now, this product is officially a part of my daily routine.

on 10/20/2007 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have already tried and liked the Philosophy microdelivery peel - it makes my skin so soft and smooth, but unfortunately I can't do that every day. So I thought I'd try the cleanser as a way to help maintain the peel results...victory! Washing my face with this before putting on makeup is just about as good as going to the trouble of doing the peel, and is faster, easier, and cheaper (though $25 for a cleanser is still pricey). Anyway after cleansing with this, my makeup goes on like a dream and my skin feels great! I have also noticed that, although I am very oily, I hardly have to blot all day since I started using this. I also think it helps my makeup last all day. I have been using this once a day for a few weeks with no irritation (although I do not have sensitive skin) and have noticed nothing but good things for my skin. Yes!

on 10/6/2007 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is absolutely great for dealing with flaky skin caused by treatments such as retinoids or azelex for me. It is also great for exfoliating the body. It seems expensive, but a quarter size amount is enough for my face, neck, and delcollete. Although it exfoliates gently, it is not drying in the least, but I only use it once a day per the directions. I would highly recommend this for anyone who needs gently daily exfoliation.

on 9/28/2007 9:50:00 PM

i like this scrub A LOT! I mean I really really like this scrub a lot! its super fine, and leaves your face super smooth and fine and you can tell how well its scrubbed your face. Its really like a home microdermabrasion, and the price is right- i really really like this scrub A LOT, did I say that already? This will always be in my shower.I love the lathering foam, not soapy, just smooth. And not overly creamy - I hate creamy scrubs, but it takes the "scrub" out. this rinses totally clean- love it! HG material

on 8/28/2007 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was buying the $60 microdelivery peel(which I LOVE). I just can't get over how well the microdelivery face wash works on my face, for only $25 a bottle! You only need a little tiny bit for your whole face. This stuff will last forever. I will always have this in my shower!