Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 6/5/2013 10:18:00 AM

First of all, the price is pretty good compared to the amount of product you are getting when you purchase this item. If you buy it at a store like TJ Maxx or Ross, the price will be around 5 to 6 dollars. But if you buy it at Ulta, the price will be 8 dollars. Second of all, this dry shampoo is amazing. When I haven't washed my hair for a while, all I do is spray the dry shampoo in my hair and it pretty much sucks all the grease out ! My only complaint is if you spray it too close to your hair, your hair will be white. Also, the dry shampoo for blondes is not my favorite. It claims to highlight your hair but it really turns your hair a whitish blonde color. Lastly, I am obsessed with the way it smells. Right now I own the flower scented dry shampoo and that is my favorite I have owned so far. **Forgot to mention this but they also make travel size dry shampoos for $3 that can be purchased at Ulta***

on 6/4/2013 1:49:00 PM

I bought the blonde Batiste today and used it as soon as I got home.
First, it is yellow tinted but it isn't overpowering. I blended it gently with my fingers and then my boar hair brush. I almost immediately noticed an improvement, and I was able to easily style my hair. Second, IT IS THE BEST smelling dry shampoo I've ever used. It smells sweet but not overpowering. It almost reminds of philosophy perfume. It smells feminine. I have previously tried Oscar Blandi pronto invisible, Suave, baby powder and Tresmee. As far as packaging it is self explanatory, but I noticed quite a bit comes out at ones. Some of the yellow was left on the ring at the base. Luckily, the cap covers this. I could see how a drip could accumulate, but I haven't experienced this yet. I paid 7.99$ at Ulta and I feel good about this because my Oscar Blandi sample was 10$!
I plan to re-review this after using it and going back to work.
The purpose of this for me ....I recently went short (chin length) and got full highlights. I work twelve hour shifts and I always feel (and often look) greasy as 7 am rolls around. I am hoping to go back to washing at least every other day. I hope this is the trick!

I bought this after reading reviews on here.

on 5/19/2013 11:39:00 PM

I have put off reviewing this for too long, and it deserves 5 stars! I am on my approximately 8th (or more) canister of this, and it's the only dry shampoo I'll use - I'm not even tempted to try another brand anymore (and that's saying something). I have dark, long hair and on my 2nd day hair I spray the roots, or put my hair in a ponytail and kind of lightly coat all the hair. I let it sit for maybe 10 seconds before I massage the product into my hair. I never need to actually brush it through, it disappears on it's own. It really does take away the greasy look that dark hair gets, and it gives hair some texture and body. I'm always using this product and I don't get build-up that isn't washed out by my shampoo. This is nice if you want your hair to have a clean scent, are leaving the gym, running late to class, or just don't feel like washing your hair. I have used a few other brands (Kloraine, got2b, tresemme, etc) and none really compare to Batiste and it's a great price point.You should try this product! TIP: if you find it's not absorbing/disappearing into your hair then you need to hold the can further away when spraying, and not concentrate too much on one area. Also, massage massage the product in.

*Edit*
I am still IN LOVE with this product, I am never without it. I normally get the "wild" canister which has a softer scent, the tropical one is nice but can smell pretty strong. I never buy back-ups of anything really but I just bought four cans of this so I won't have to think about buying it for awhile. Great product at a great price point! I recommend! (Although I am tempted to try the dry shampoo from CAKE just to compare )

on 5/19/2013 1:06:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of dry shampoos. In my country we normally get a shower every single day so at first I wasn't sure why someone would be so lazy to use this product and not wash his/her hair normally. Then I travelled to Great Britain and realized that it was a fuc***g nigthmare to style your hair every single day because of the nasty weather.

So I gave it a try. It does absorb oil perfectly and really really cleans your hair, but I didn´t like it at all. First of all, the powder is white, so you have to brush your hair like crazy to make it disappear. I wanted to use a dry shampoo because I don´t want to straight my hair every slinge day, but if I have to brush it in order to make the white powder disappear, I will have to use my GHD anyway. But even if you brush it like crazy, this shampoo will leaves a weird feeling in your hair, you can feel the powder in your hair everytime you touch it. It´s disgusting.

on 5/18/2013 3:45:00 PM

This has alcohol in it and I'm pretty sure it's been drying my hair out because ever since I started using this, sure the oil is gone but my hair is like really frizzy and damaged looking. Not good for people who have damaged or dry hair unfortunately :(

on 5/15/2013 4:57:00 AM

It makes hair very dry, electric and tangled. Hair wont move after you've sprayed it in and it's a bit sticky to touch. Also if you have dark hair it will look white/grey when you're not careful enouch to brush it out.

on 5/15/2013 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't know what I would do without this.

I live in Scotland now, so I have no problems getting Batiste at any drugstore, but I am originally from continental Europe where it's hell to find it! And all the other brands seem to do nothing to my hair. I honestly don't understand.

A must-have for anyone who needs to give their hair a bit of life the second day after washing, anyone with a fringe/bangs and anyone who has the annoying habit of playing with their hair so much it gets greasy, like me.

Comes in many varieties, but my favourite is the floral one. I don't need to buy the coloured ones as my hair is red/strawberry blonde, so the slight whiteness of the dry shampoo only makes it look a bit lighter.

I think im the only person who didnt rave over this, i have long hair that gets greasy after ONE DAY (i know right!) and i sprayed this on my roots and all over my hair in general and i didnt feel it did anything, my hair didnt really look or feel cleaner, i brushed my hair and put this on and it still looked and felt like a grease ball. Also when i use this and put my hair up or brush the hair back with dry shampoo on it just reveals all the grease again. It's good for touch ups but thats all i found was good about it. Also that stuff stays on your hands like no ones business, everything i touched was powdery haha!

on 5/14/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Holy Grail Dry Shampoo!

I only wash my hair once a week because my ends are really damaged from heat styling. After day 3, if my hair looks flat or oily, I use this dry shampoo (original scent) and it really makes my hair look like I just got a fresh blow-out.

TIPS:
-Wait a couple minutes after you apply dry shampoo before styling hair. It sprays on white, DON'T PANIC, after a couple minutes the whiteness disappears (I actually put this on before I start my makeup, and then comb through when my makeup is done). You can either comb through at this point or just use your fingers to massage your scalp (kind of like you're washing your hair). I find the second method helps give hair volume at the roots.
I am a brunette and have never had a problem with this leaving my hair white or ashy.

-don't use on damp hair. It's called dry shampoo for a good reason!

on 4/17/2013 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've tried countless brands of dry shampoo, all but giving up on the concept. They all seem to leave an awful, heavy residue in my hair that left it rough in texture, dry and then just got even greasier almost immediately. Ugh. This stuff is the total opposite. A quick spritz of this on my bangs zaps away a day's hard earned oil and left my hair incredibly soft and light, like it had just been washed. It felt CLEAN (!!) On top of that, it left a light floral scent on my hair that wasn't overpowering of all that noticeable. Amazing. If you have darker hair like myself, you'll need to brush it through a few times to get rid of the white powdery look occasionally if you spray a bit too much, but it's really not a hassle to me considering all the pros. Now I need to get a travel size so I can take this with me EVERYWHERE.

Video Reviews & Tutorials