July 22, 2014 | 1906 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kiimuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wash my hair every other day and find that this product prevents my hair from appearing greasy and unwashed on my off-days. Heck, my hair actually looks a little nicer on the days that I use it! It's really an essential product for me, especially since I have thick, straight bangs shrouding my forehead. I have dark brown/black hair, and I do have to be careful about how I spray it on to avoid having a weird white/grey cast in my hair afterwards. Even if it shows up white on my hair, i just brush it out with a cushioned paddle brush and voila! Instant poofy, clean looking hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There is nothing that will give you clean hair besides washing it, but this is great for those off days when you want to freshen your tresses a little. It's not a miracle worker as your hair kind of feels dirtier by the end of the day after using this, but it does it's job for a quick, on-the-go refresher. Smells great and even adds a bit of volume! To use, try to part and work hair in sections and apply quick, sporadic pumps about 10-12 inches away from scalp, work in the product with fingers. This product should be available at your local drug store, beauty supply store, ebay... the cheapest I found was actually at Winners for around $7.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SO Handy! Despite the naff packaging this shampoo is really great. It is especially useful for periods when you cant wash your hair before it gets greasy...eg MUSIC FESTIVALS!!! It is also good to spritz abit into the roots of your hair when you're backcombing or want more volume. At 2.35 for 150ml it is a very small price to pay for no embarassing greasy hair moments! Be careful though, if you spray too much at a close distance you will end up with gray patches a la Cruella de Vil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a dry shampoo for a while and glad I found out about this on MUA. I purchased a can for around $9 (including tax) at my local Sally's. While the can is small, I don't find myself reaching for this product that often, maybe 1-2x a week. The smell of the original isn't the best (hated the blush version smell), but it does go away pretty quickly. I just shake the can up, blast my roots and the sides and back of my hair, massage those areas with my fingers and let it sit for a minute before brushing it out. I do agree that it does give my hair some volume at the roots and helps to absorb some of the oils of second day hair. While my hair doesn't look the best on the second day anyway, it looks a lot better with this product than without it. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by roobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful product! for ref I have extremely dry hair with slightly oily roots. this causes me lots of issues including oily roots on the day after washing but the rest of the hair is still clean/dry, for this reason i cant wash it frequently. usually on the 2nd or 3rd day i need to use this to keep oil and grease away from my roots without over drying my hair. one star off as occasionally this makes my scalp itchy( I'm thinking because i suffer from dandruff?).
I love the packaging, the fragrance isn't too bad and its very light traveling in my handbag.In Australia it's roughly $13ish?? but i usually stock up during sale time for about $9-10.This lasts me months with my random use.will definitely purchase again especially as a summer staple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing reviews here on MUA after my dissatisfaction with the Oscar Blandi (powder version).

This is by far more volumizing and leaves no residue...no white stuff in my hair unlike the Oscar Blandi. Much less expensive ($7.50) and available at Kroger instead of Sephora.

Note, I have not tried the Oscar Blandi spray version b/c of the bad reviews that said the spray clogs too easily after a few uses, but did notice they recently came out with a clear version of Oscar but it's $20 at Sephora. So I cannot compare this to the spray, just the powder version.

I like this stuff better for less $$. Win win!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by sofaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow.. what can I say about this product? It has to be one of the best beauty products that I have ever come across. Let me just start off by saying that I have very thick hair and my hair gets oily and greasy quite quickly. I wash my hair every other day but I don't shower until the evening so during the day I would have to walk around in public with disgusting looking hair. Not exactly the most attractive thing to do, I know! I checked out reviews on dry shampoo here and figured that Batiste would be the best option for me since it had mostly positive reviews.. and because I thought that for $8CDN, I really could not go wrong! I should also say that before doing any research on good dry shampoos, I tried the dry shampoo by Tresemme. Let's just say that dry shampoo failed.. horribly. Batiste on the other hand, is a whole different story! I just followed the bottle's instructions and quite literally, my hair instantly looks fresher and cleaner not to mention smelling really good! I've had this for at least 2 months and I'm still on my first bottle and I use this almost every other day! From my experience, as long as you brush out your hair really well after spraying the shampoo, you shouldn't have any problems with white streaks being left in your hair. I see myself buying this product over and over again until the day I'm bald!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lcourts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A MUST FOR WOMEN WHO'S ROOTS R SHOWING! Also I bought a $50. can of Oribe hair texturizing spray. It smells good but does not give me the clean feel this $7.Batiste spray gives me. First of all for dark, med, light brown hair with blonde highlights this spray is awesome. It camoflages the dark roots but not looking chalky n if u feel it is too powdery white simply massage in at roots plus that motion creates more volume! I have the" blush" fragrance that at first I wasnt too sure about but it does not smell like a bathroom deoderizer and doesnt smell cheap like u would expect from a cheap spray. The smell does go away but u wont b spraying the whole length of your hair anyway. I will try the "tropical" and "original" scent. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing!! I have very fine hair that ends to get oily and look gross by the end of the day. If I don't wash it in the morning, it looks even worse. On days when I don't have the time or energy to wash and dry my long hair, this dry shampoo has been a life saver. It absorbs all the oil and adds volume. The smell isn't my favorite, but who cares when it works like a charm?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kamb2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff, I've tried other brands (tresseme) and this one is way better. I won't waist my time and money trying other brands anymore. This is a keeper!