April 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 9:55:00 AM More reviews by visee

After test driving this on and off for about a month, I still prefer my staple Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation. I like foundation to look dewy on the skin but this can look way too greasy at times especially when the weather gets humid. A few tips I discovered though. LSC worked best on my combi skin when I applied sparingly (slightly less than one squirt) and on lightly moisturised skin (I just prep my skin with SKII treatment) essence. This has moisturising properties and SPF so you can actually skip moisturiser. The coverage is very sheer and transparent, and gives a nice glow to my skin, but 10 mins later(while I'm still applying the rest of my makeup!), my nose is already shiny! And I don't even have oily skin! When I use Px VS, my skin looks relatively ok all day with minimal blotting with blotter paper. And my makeup seems to disappear faster on the days I used LSC. Overall, a nice sheer foundation, almost like tinted moisturiser, but would definately suit drier skin and cooler climates.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 4:14:00 AM More reviews by pnlaw

This foundation is so sheer that it seems I can wear 3-4 shades without major problems. I have to layer it on but I never look like I have too much foundation on. It gives a beautiful dewy finish which is perfect if you like that kind of look. I only wear it at night as it just doesn't agree with the hot humid weather of Malaysia. Would be great if it had some oil control properties.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Pippa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own LSC in sand and it is a perfect colour match. It for those with very good skin as it provided very little coverage. It's quite moisturising but after a few hours my skin feels tight not sure why. I don't realy trust the spf in this as i feel you couldn't possible use enough to get good sun protection.
Anyway this works quite well on my dry skin and gives a natural look. UPDATE: after using this a while this got quite bitsy on my skin to explain further it became like solid little balls that i could peel off not a good look. So i have dropped the rating to a 3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by das_madchen

My combo skin is on the more normal side of combo skin at the moment (thank you Darphin!), and I absolutely love this product. I've been looking for a good SPF moisturizer and a very light foundation just to smooth out my complexion a little more- and this one product caters to both these needs. Please note that this is an ultra ultra sheer product, do not expect coverage, it just evens out at the most! While the packaging says SPF 20, recent studies have shown that it is SPF 27 (according to the SA). It is easy to apply, lasts all day and does not make my skin oily or break out. Now that summer is over I have paled right down and use the Cashmere and think that it's a perfect colour match. One lipstick off bc I still find it a little more on the expensive side for such light coverage, but then it was what I'm looking for- it makes my good skin look better :) All in all I am really happy with the performance of this product. I like the Becca logo, however the plastic packaging is a little tacky and I cannot, for the life of me, get out any product by pumping!- I have to unscrew the top and get the product straight out of the bottle which completely defeats the purpose of having a pump bottle! Really really annoyed about this, package quality would get a 0 if possible!

Nevertheless, when I can get it out, this is a good product for when I need a hint more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

UPDATE: I started using this product in the more summery season but found that as the weather cooled down even more that this product was drying out my skin TERRIBLY!!! When I took off the product at night I could see my skin separating into patches- all over, like a crazy jigsaw puzzle! I was devastated but went and told the SA about this and she gave me some samples of the Silky Hydrating Primer and I've found that this stuff makes the LSC go on even better (I can use less and still get a great nude look) and keeps my skin moist and happy all day- no more dryness- and I've had noooo breakouts whatsover on my sensitive chin (previously if I left the LSC on for too long I would break out- but no more!) since I've started using this! Yay! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 5:35:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Luckily I got a sample of this - it's poison for oily skins. Let me say, I don't have a huge problem with oily skin but this product turns my skin into an oil slick within minutes (shine, baby, shine) and worse still, there's absolutely NO coverage. I know it says sheer, but this is ridiculous, you might as well just put baby oil on your skin!! Made me break out big time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by watermelon

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i received a ton of samples from one of the sweetest people here on MUA and was really delighted as i was just about to buy it but decided to ask for samples first for a change[i have a phobia of testers, i never test anything on my face. ever.]

this is a very sheer foundation[as the name implies :P] it is practically a tinted moisturiser to me, it has quite a strong scent which might be offensive to some. the shade cashmere was a tad too yellow for my skintone but it was so sheer it did not matter. blends nicely and with this you will not look like you are wearing makeup. my skintype is bordering on the dry side but my nose gets shiny easily. this did not make me look oily or anything, just normal. [jane stay calm works great for me too!] however a few hours after wearing this, it made my skin feel tight, as if i was wearing a mask. it was a queer sensation and i have never encountered that in any cosmetic product before.

overall i would say this is great for people who have good skin and minor imperfections [in which case, why wear a foundation? :)] i probably would not purchase it cos i think a tinted moisturiser would be better[probably lighter?] and i hate the mask-like feeling.
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2003 5:58:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

beautiful color match, i was so excited, but alas, this made me look sooo greasy and shiny after like 30 minutes. in addition, this did not give the coverage i need- it's basically totally sheer- and when i tried to build the coverage, it ended up caking and still didnt cover anything!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by saishoku

I've read about Becca in a few magazines, so when i was next in sydney was keen to try it. I'm quite happy with the results, it gives me a more even appearing skin tone. It is quite sheer, though i wasn't after a heavy foundation. you have to spend extra time blending in it, and i tend to wear a moisturiser underneath (aveda) even though they say you don't have to. I have combo skin with oily t-zone and i don't usually have a problem with excess oil at the end of the day. i finish with the compact powder (also by becca). i am yet to experience more break outs (touch wood!) as some MUAers have. overall a good foundation - especially since its well colour matched to my skin tone! (a first for me!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lolita_haze_hh

I like the finish only when topped w/ the Becca LP. It does look really good, but only for a while if you have oily / combo skin, because it will turn dirty / shiny.

Love the scent tho. I have light, yellow toned skin and Camel was a pretty nice match.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by paya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. The color I purchased - olive - blends into my skin perfectly and I really like the SPF 30. But this is a very sheer foundation - more sheer than I expected. I have to sort of 'layer' it on to get any real coverage. Also, I was not very impressed with the plastic plump bottle. The color is a great match for me, but I won't be purchasing this again, especially for $35,